Summer Solstice 2018 Event

112 replies to this topic

#101 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:57 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 05 July 2018 - 10:56 AM, said:

Glad to see PGI's Event Handlers are reading and listening. Frankly, with the way that this Event has gone, disregarding the overlapping short-timed Blockbuster Dailies, including the Time Extensions that were put upon the other two Loot Bag Sets, and the Extra Time Booster that's been added, I really think I can stick a nice...

10.5/10 (Yes, really, they did better than perfect... regardless of whatever comes out of my Loot Bags.)

...Rating on this Event. I'll have to look forward to the next Loot Bag Event as well. Posted Image

Anyway, pardon me while I go open my Loot Bags. I'm wondering what's inside, and I'm sure I'll be giving the Randomizer and/or Injector Systems the kind of (mostly unintended) headache that only comes when someone waits until they have all their gifts before opening them. Posted Image

Well, scratch that Rating! Of all the bloody awful things I could run into while redeeming my Loot Bags, the page kept refreshing on me after every few that I opened. This repeatedly disrupted my trying to open all of my 150 Earned Loot Bags. That has NEVER happened to me before now, and I can usually click through all my bags in Reverse Order without any problems happening. I had to restart my clicking at least 7 times, and reselect the correct Tab at least 3 times! :angry:

As of right now, the Rating Value that I'm able to give this Event due to that highly disruptive Technical Issue can no longer equal or exceed a '10'... I'm sorry, but... THAT IS BAD CODE! -_-

PGI's Event Handlers, your Rating for this Event is now reduced to a...

9.8/10

...with a Severe Recommendation that you get that problem fully fixed and repaired BEFORE the Next Loot Bag Event can come along!!! <_< :excl:

~Mr. D. V. "Do NOT hit your MWO Community with such a 'landmine' problem... It WILL come back to bite you." Devnull

#102 drtyddsdndrtchp

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:26 PM

Love the 2 extra events except I was severely disappointed we did not get an auto Canada Flag or USA flag. Maybe get those as the first or last loot bag opened if they didn't get one in the random? Just a thought since the events were for those 2 specific holidays. (and future country ball type holidays :) )

#103 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:56 PM

Why didnt you extend the canada day as well? Tons of time to do the summer solstice event but very little time for working people to do the canada and independence day loot bags..

#104 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:03 AM

@D V Devnull: I personally had no problems opening my loot bags, though I do have to admit that I opened a fair few of them along the way, not all at the end.

I am giving this event 9.9 / 10 (I am deducting 0.1 points for no advance warning of the 8 dailies due to which I missed the 1st entirely and had trouble getting the 2nd done).

#105 Serapth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:23 AM

Just picked up the TSP ahead off the deadline tonight. How do I get the 25 bonus redeems?

#106 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:59 AM

On the challenge page down below.

#107 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:10 AM

View PostSerapth, on 06 July 2018 - 06:23 AM, said:

Just picked up the TSP ahead off the deadline tonight. How do I get the 25 bonus redeems?

Keep watching the Main Loot Bag Page for this Event. It should show up right at the bottom, like this guy said...

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 06 July 2018 - 07:59 AM, said:

On the challenge page down below.

... and if it doesn't show up within 24 Hours, then Contact MWO Support. Frankly, by the time I'm posting this, you should already have access to them. :mellow:

~D. V. "not trying to sound cold here, but those should be in your hands already" Devnull

#108 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:48 AM

Okay... No gloating here, but I just unpacked my Loot Bags...

470 (MC) -- (I seriously bet that I might have earned more from the Randomizer if it had NOT kept reloading the page!)
5.75 Million (C-Bills)
8.7K General XP
16 Cockpit Items -- 1 Hanging (More Wanted), 4 Standing (Less needed), 11 Mounted (Awesome Here... Keep This Up!)
8 Days of Active Premium Time (Aaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!! I wish this were 'Banked'!!!)

...and I know some people just like to trade notes, so I thought I would share mine. :)

As for this...

View PostERescue, on 06 July 2018 - 12:03 AM, said:

@D V Devnull: I personally had no problems opening my loot bags, though I do have to admit that I opened a fair few of them along the way, not all at the end.

I am giving this event 9.9 / 10 (I am deducting 0.1 points for no advance warning of the 8 dailies due to which I missed the 1st entirely and had trouble getting the 2nd done).

Nice to see someone else giving ratings to compare to my own. I might have blasted the Rating which I was giving down to a "9.1/10" or worse, but I was trying to avoid letting my rage over Repeated Webpage Issues cloud my judgement on the Entire Event's Standing. Hadn't even factored in the "BlockBuster's Dailies" in punching up my own number, figured that should go on a separate thread. ;)

~D. V. "Well... it's time for me to get to the battlefields..." Devnull

#109 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:39 AM

@D V Devnull: Well, hard to be unhappy with 780 MC, piles of C-bills and GXP and 17 various cockpit items and 5 days of premium time from main events and various additional things from my 75 bonus bags. :)

#110 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:43 PM

@ERescue --

True that, even with the Website Issues. Free Stuff is Free Stuff, even if you had to play a bunch of Matches for it. :)

Although, now I have to envy you for getting More (MC) and Less Premium Time... That was along the lines of how I wanted my own Loot Bags to turn out. :P

Also... off-topic, but... why don't you use the 'Quote' button? <*is confused & curious*> :huh:

~D. V. "Enjoying the effectively Free Stuff..." Devnull

#111 Sean Wulfen

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:12 PM

Phew just finished the event, the second time, Alt account and this one and I had alot of fun, even took out the Nvidia 3D glasses for added fun. Thanks PGI had fun well done.

#112 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:37 PM

This was an awesome event . I am both hyped and burnt out . Not sure why a blockbuster event was added but meh . Completed most of it although due to real life , could not complete all the Canada day loot bags .
I loved scoring extra radio war horns and it was also the first time I scored a bunch of retro arcade war horns .

Hoping for a mechbay sale soon .

Edited by DarkFhoenix, 06 July 2018 - 01:42 PM.

#113 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:32 AM

Is there any compelling reason to not automatically redeem any remaining loot bags for us at the end of the collection period in case we miss the deadline? Sometimes our brains involuntarily expel gaseous waste product.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users