#41 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 20 July 2018 - 05:44 AM

Fafnir isn´t released for C-Bills and MC now. think it was just a typo or they forget bout that they have to release it first for MC and then for C Bills..

#42 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:00 AM

Hey Guys,

The Fafnir was not intended to be part of the sale as it is not yet available for MC.

Sorry for the error.

Matt N

#43 Anastasius Foht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 247 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:01 AM

View PostEternal Claymore, on 19 July 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

Yeah. Earning enough GXP and C-Bills for 1 Skill Point each day doesn't really get me excited.

Maybe if by day 12 I got enough cumulative bonus GXP from the daily challenges to skill up all or most of 1 mech, then I would sit up and pay attention.

It's zero effort event, be grateful

#44 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 733 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:15 AM

View PostVee Vee, on 19 July 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

Vault?

They heard DE guys are awesome devs so they decided to start emulating Warframe. But in true PGI way they started with one of the lamest elements...

#45 Anastasius Foht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 247 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:21 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 19 July 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

Nice event Matt, credit where it's due, Hero Boosting is awesome idea and will make be dust off some older heros I haven't used in a while for some fun.

Would it be possible to have the future events listed/showing up? So we know what the othe days are going to consist of?

May I have the pleasure of your stream, long time since last one (Atlas top play edition) Now i'm forced to watch 50 y/o guy in Pikachu Hat, that was not future i expect.

Edited by Anastasius Foht, 20 July 2018 - 08:31 AM.

#46 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:21 AM

Sorry Warframe style of Vaulting is not really what I meant. I wanted to imply that they are on sale ahead of their intended MC release date and wouldn't be purchasable for regular MC prices until they are released for MC.
These mechs do have MC release Dates. I just pulled them out early for this Sale to make it special.
Here are the upcoming MC and C-Bill Dates of Announced mechs.

• Champion: MC DATE Mar 5th, 2019 C-BILL DATE April 3rd, 2019
• Incubus: MC DATE Feb 5th, 2019 C-BILL DATE Mar 5th, 2019
• Vulcan: MC DATE Jan 8th, 2019 C-BILL DATE Feb 5th, 2019
• Hellfire: MC DATE Dec 4th, 2018 C-BILL DATE Jan 8th, 2019
• Flea: MC DATE Nov 6th, 2018 C-BILL DATE Dec 4th, 2018
• Blood: Asp MC DATE Oct 2nd, 2018 C-BILL DATE Nov 6th, 2018
• Solaris: Pack MC DATE Sept 4th, 2018 C-BILL DATE NA
• Fafnir: MC DATE Sept 4th, 2018 C-BILL DATE Oct 2nd, 2018
• Sun Spider: MC DATE Aug 7th, 2018 C-BILL DATE Sept 4th, 2018
• Black Lanner: MC DATE July 3rd, 2018 C-BILL DATE Aug 7th, 2018

#47 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:59 AM

So then we will be having "Flea's" by Christmas.....I know, bad joke. Nice of you to include missile's as part of this challenge. Thanks, from those of us who toss LRM's.

#48 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 20 July 2018 - 11:08 AM

View PostPraetorGix, on 20 July 2018 - 08:15 AM, said:

They heard DE guys are awesome devs so they decided to start emulating Warframe. But in true PGI way they started with one of the lamest elements...

Ha could you imagine if you could get parts of a mech out of supply caches/match rewards and piece them together like warframes? XD

#49 ApexSun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX USA

Posted 20 July 2018 - 11:20 AM

I wish that I had remembered to buy MC in the last sale but I was too pissed about the alpha nerf. I would swallow my angst and be all over a IV4 and Revenant otherwise.

#50 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 20 July 2018 - 05:27 PM

Event was already underway on Friday night Oceania timezones. Much appreciated. It doesn't always happen for some reason.

The 'days' are also somewhat lengthy and overlap a bit, allowing for good odds Ithis filthy casual can join in on most.

Nicely done.

#51 Leidulfr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:39 PM

View PostBwah Ha Ha, on 19 July 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

50k turns into 300k if you have the TSP.

Are you actually seeing it state 300k when you redeem your event rewards? I'm not. I'm also not seeing the normal "Account Injection: 250k CBills" message that was previously appearing for events prior to this one and the Solaris 7 Season 2 Kick Off.

Are they just adding the CBills to our accounts now without displaying the message?

I keep forgetting to write down my CBill total before clicking "redeem" to see if I got another 250k, even without the message.

Edited by Leidulfr, 20 July 2018 - 08:40 PM.

#52 Cazador88

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:51 PM

View PostLeidulfr, on 20 July 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

Are you actually seeing it state 300k when you redeem your event rewards? I'm not. I'm also not seeing the normal "Account Injection: 250k CBills" message that was previously appearing for events prior to this one and the Solaris 7 Season 2 Kick Off.

Are they just adding the CBills to our accounts now without displaying the message?

I keep forgetting to write down my CBill total before clicking "redeem" to see if I got another 250k, even without the message.

You only get that when the event has ended not when you redeem the rewards for it. So when the Solaris event ends and youve done all objectives within the event that will be about 6x250k or so.

#53 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 04:48 AM

Could someone please populate the Future Events drop down to show the Zero to Hero events??

EDIT: NVM it's done :)

Edited by arcana75, 21 July 2018 - 04:51 AM.

#54 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:11 AM

I think I did day 1 and 2 with one FP game :hint:

With the MC from this I might be able to get a hero mech for cool hardpoints or omnipods, thinking possibly Hunstman hero for ultimate lurming. Well or maybe SRM :)

#55 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 21 July 2018 - 08:26 AM

Got 30 days premium from a Fanfir standard pack just in time for this. PIR Cipher nets me 500.000 cbills per QP match so thanks for that. Gotta complain about the goals being too easy, it takes like half an hour to do a daily challenge. You might have given the stuff away for no effort at all - wouldn't make much difference. And we would like a huge FP event too :)

#56 Cloves

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:49 PM

View PostNinjah, on 21 July 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

Got 30 days premium from a Fanfir standard pack just in time for this. PIR Cipher nets me 500.000 cbills per QP match so thanks for that. Gotta complain about the goals being too easy, it takes like half an hour to do a daily challenge. You might have given the stuff away for no effort at all - wouldn't make much difference. And we would like a huge FP event too Posted Image

The events are easy and each takes place over two days. I missed the first day, but just did day two and three in one match with an old mauler I had rusting away, used a modified p90 champion build on the P1. Two kills, 500 damage, one drop. Done. Any of these can be done in FP if that's your poison, but you really don't want single mode events. They just pull folks that don't want to play that mode. FP folks have complained, rightly so, that they could not do old events in FP, and pulling a ton of pugs into FP for FP only games, just makes those no fun as well. Let everyone play the modes they enjoy and get rewarded for it. Hell, most of these can be done in solaris, to double your event fun.

#57 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:16 PM

Okay... I see the entire list is up, and it's been a couple days because I didn't have time to analyze and reply. Other than 'Day 6', the "Disarm it day! Dis-Leg it too!", everything looks essentially perfect. Why? Expecting '30 Components Destroyed' within 48 Hours is a bit hefty, and seems like it would be worth a larger Reward because of the Accounted Difficulty on that particular Challenge. This either needs the Reward doubled, the Time to be Extended by 24 Hours, or the number of 'Components Destroyed' to be lowered to '20' instead. Frankly, I would prefer one of the first two options, in order to match Difficulty to the Reward. :o

I'm always glad to give PGI an indication on how they're doing with an Event, so I'll give a Current Rating of...

9.2/10

...and look forward to a last-minute change to 'Day 6' to bring it in-line. Sure, I like a Challenge, but some might say that particular one seems a little too steep. :)

EDIT :: By the way, my Rating does NOT factor in lack of (C-Bill) Recovery through the Event for Consumable Usage. I simply do not know how much I would shift it for that. :(

~D. V. "Day 6 needs a Fix... Anywho, pardon me while I go smack some Mechs..." Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 22 July 2018 - 04:24 PM.

#58 Wing Gundam Zero Custom

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 38 posts
  • LocationPlanet Dirt

Posted 22 July 2018 - 11:41 PM

Heavies and assaults very particular should be at least at least 70% off otherwise its still dumb that it is cheaper to get stuff from the online store then ever buy mc to buy mechs (unless its mech not on the store or whatever) that are "on sale"

#59 Insomnium80

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:17 AM

What bugs me apart from whats wrong with most events, like not announcing them ahead of time is that most of the zero to hero challenges can be completed in 1-2 games. And suddenly on day 6 you get "get 30 components destroyed". versus "300 damage on a weapon type" or "3 kill/kmdd". And the reward is excactly the same. how many damages on average or how many kills or kmdds 30 components destroyed equals to.

I find this lazy and stupid.

Edited by Insomnium80, 23 July 2018 - 12:18 AM.

#60 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:33 AM

View PostInsomnium80, on 23 July 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

What bugs me apart from whats wrong with most events, like not announcing them ahead of time is that most of the zero to hero challenges can be completed in 1-2 games. And suddenly on day 6 you get "get 30 components destroyed". versus "300 damage on a weapon type" or "3 kill/kmdd". And the reward is excactly the same. how many damages on average or how many kills or kmdds 30 components destroyed equals to.

I don't disagree with this bit. It's in the middle of week too, not very casual friendly. The higher target in and of itself could be interesting, but within the context of what this event and rewards seem to want to be, it stands out as a sore thumb.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users