106 replies to this topic

#61 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:22 AM

View PostLeidulfr, on 20 July 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

Are you actually seeing it state 300k when you redeem your event rewards? I'm not. I'm also not seeing the normal "Account Injection: 250k CBills" message that was previously appearing for events prior to this one and the Solaris 7 Season 2 Kick Off.

Are they just adding the CBills to our accounts now without displaying the message?

I keep forgetting to write down my CBill total before clicking "redeem" to see if I got another 250k, even without the message.

You get the initial 50k when you redeem, then when the event ends you get 250k from the TSP. I have been getting the blue notification of it being injected into my account.

#62 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:39 AM

I like when a good discussion gets rolling...

View PostWing Gundam Zero Custom, on 22 July 2018 - 11:41 PM, said:

Heavies and assaults very particular should be at least at least 70% off otherwise its still dumb that it is cheaper to get stuff from the online store then ever buy mc to buy mechs (unless its mech not on the store or whatever) that are "on sale"

If PGI did that, particularly in the case of (C-Bill) Mechs, it would end up being a "Sell-Back Exploit"... Frankly, that's not in the spirit of the game, or even BattleTech/MechWarrior in general. 50% is the maximum that they -- and their player base -- can safely get away with before it breaks the game's design. As it is, when you sell back a Mech after purchasing it for 50% off (C-Bills), you barely recoup ~99.75% of what (C-Bills) you paid to buy the Mech in the first place. Any modification payouts are rather unfortunately lost, so try to not sell off Mechs either. You may find a design worth keeping later. ;)

As for (MC)-Only Mechs, please keep in mind that PGI is also a business. They've got to make enough to both pay their Staff, as well as keep the Server Systems running, and have enough extra just in case of anything. Further, I've just quickly run the numbers in my head. When the (MC)-Only Mechs are 50% Off, particularly the Assaults/Heavies, they're actually running about right on par with 4 non-discounted purchases of the smallest (MC) package. That's admittedly a hefty amount to have paid out in Real $$$, and definitely more than the purchase price for a Hero Mech from a MechPack... Wait a minute, maybe they could discount it a little further, say about 60%, unless this boils down to Game Balance Issues? Bah, it probably (and sadly) does! :(

Meh, I'm at least happy that they do a "50% Off (MC)-Only Hero Mechs' at least a few times a year, and definitely around the End-Of-Year Holidays. :)

View PostInsomnium80, on 23 July 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

What bugs me apart from whats wrong with most events, like not announcing them ahead of time is that most of the zero to hero challenges can be completed in 1-2 games. And suddenly on day 6 you get "get 30 components destroyed". versus "300 damage on a weapon type" or "3 kill/kmdd". And the reward is excactly the same. how many damages on average or how many kills or kmdds 30 components destroyed equals to.

I find this lazy and stupid.

View PostTheFourthAlly, on 23 July 2018 - 03:33 AM, said:

I don't disagree with this bit. It's in the middle of week too, not very casual friendly. The higher target in and of itself could be interesting, but within the context of what this event and rewards seem to want to be, it stands out as a sore thumb.

Hi guys. These thoughts are true, but let's try to not word it in a way that would cause PGI's Event Team to up the difficulty of future Small Events, alright? They sure sound harsh, compared to what I said about the matter...

View PostD V Devnull, on 22 July 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

Okay... I see the entire list is up, and it's been a couple days because I didn't have time to analyze and reply. Other than 'Day 6', the "Disarm it day! Dis-Leg it too!", everything looks essentially perfect. Why? Expecting '30 Components Destroyed' within 48 Hours is a bit hefty, and seems like it would be worth a larger Reward because of the Accounted Difficulty on that particular Challenge. This either needs the Reward doubled, the Time to be Extended by 24 Hours, or the number of 'Components Destroyed' to be lowered to '20' instead. Frankly, I would prefer one of the first two options, in order to match Difficulty to the Reward. Posted Image

I'm always glad to give PGI an indication on how they're doing with an Event, so I'll give a Current Rating of...

9.2/10

...and look forward to a last-minute change to 'Day 6' to bring it in-line. Sure, I like a Challenge, but some might say that particular one seems a little too steep. Posted Image

EDIT :: By the way, my Rating does NOT factor in lack of (C-Bill) Recovery through the Event for Consumable Usage. I simply do not know how much I would shift it for that. Posted Image

~D. V. "Day 6 needs a Fix... Anywho, pardon me while I go smack some Mechs..." Devnull

...and I frankly also think they got the Difficulty Level right for All Challenges except 'Day 6' as well. However, I've now also been able to factor in the issues introduced in the payout by not having it high enough to compensate for at least 1 or 2 Consumables' Usage. Therefore, my Rating is NOW receiving an Update, and therefore drops to...

8.4/10

...because Consumable Usage eats up the earnings on ALL 12 Days' Challenges completely before they can even be touched. This lack of compensation runs completely counter to the rather Noteworthy Intent and Spirit of the Event, and I would be derelict to not point this out. Now I'm really hoping that Matt Newman, Tina Benoit, and PGI's Other Event Team Members can put a fix on this. I don't like having to dock a Rating twice in a row, and I would really prefer to give a better Rating! :mellow:

~Mr. D. V. "When I see the holes in the 'woodwork', I don't like the empty feeling left inside of me." Devnull

#63 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:33 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 23 July 2018 - 08:39 AM, said:

However, I've now also been able to factor in the issues introduced in the payout by not having it high enough to compensate for at least 1 or 2 Consumables' Usage.

Honestly, I don't get it. (All 'you' comments that follow are a generic 'you,' not specifically aimed at DV Devnull.)

1. Do you only use consumables during events? If not, it's just like a normal match.
2. Do you stop getting regular match compensation during events? If not, it's just like a normal match.
3. Do you start playing really, really poorly during events so that you need additional compensation beyond the extra compensation you're already getting for finishing an event task? If not, it's just like a normal match.
4. Is a significant enough portion of the playerbase really that space-poor that it actually matters to absolutely have to make a CBill profit on every event match? What happens in their normal matches?

I ran a 100% FTP alt account that I created when they announced the free Sun Spider/Roughneck heroes, which only ever does events, through that recent event where we had to buy a crapton of mechs if we didn't already own them. I average probably one consumable use per match. I managed to get through all but the last phase, and that's because I ran out of mechbays and I don't sell mechs, ever. It certainly wasn't because I couldn't pull a CBill profit from the event tasks, though near the end I did have to run a few of them stock. Other than not being able to fully kit out every single purchase when going from 5 to 18 owned mechs in about a week, that account never felt poor enough to worry about CBill compensation, even compared to the half billion CBills I have on my main account.

And if I had noticed that I lost CBills on a match, I would simply have looked at it as trading CBills for stuff I can't buy for CBills such as MC, warhorns, or other event prizes.

#64 Wing Gundam Zero Custom

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 38 posts
  • LocationPlanet Dirt

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:49 PM

Im not talking cbills of course im talking real money. Yes they are in for profit that much is clear but there is a line that once crossed is laughably egregious. The pricing they have is ******* ******** as ****. Sure it not the worst not by a long shot.... I doubt anyone is gonna beat 27k anytime soon.If they didn't price to the largest of whales their profits would likely increase. It is ******* stupid the pricing they have and just for single mechs unto themselves put a few packs or just one even on "sale" and you could just downgrade yourself into a console owner. One mech or mech pack are many new games

#65 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:06 PM

Yeah, I think I'm going to take a break on day 6.

#66 MISBEHAVING 2112

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:09 AM

View PostBwah Ha Ha, on 23 July 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

Yeah, I think I'm going to take a break on day 6.

Not convinced PGI thought this one through in terms of timing it for middle of the week rather than a weekend.

That's alot of components for me to destroy in 3 hours available evening play.

Just misbehaving

#67 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:18 AM

I reckon the 30 components is a mistake. PGI probably meant 3.

#68 G 4 R R E T

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:50 AM

Nope. 3 KMDDs seems about right, 3 Components would feel even stranger than 30. It may be the hardest objective of the current lot, but it is also right in the middle/peak/climax of the event, so one event a little harder seems fair.

I cannot really judge what that means on higher tiers, but right yesterday i had two games with 10 and 6 components destroyed. It is not any or every game, but 30 Components in 3 hours looks like a cakewalk. Maybe the simple targets are not as spread out when you are only matched against T1-3, but from my perspective - yes, harder than the rest, but not really _that_ hard compared to the recent "do 50 games with 250+ MS" or "get KMDDs in a Warhawk" type event (which had also better payout - granted).

TL;DR: Just give it a shot without going all try-hard, even that one should be done in a couple of games. If not, just skip it, but i really do not think there is a typo or error involved.

Edited by Average Sloth, 24 July 2018 - 08:50 AM.

#69 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:14 AM

A few games and about 5k shot down missles later, lurmageddon can be fun, if you have triple-ams. Posted Image

#70 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:33 PM

Anybody own Blackjack the Arrow? It has been intriguing me as possibly picking it up for half price.

#71 SuperMCDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 131 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:45 PM

View PostAverage Sloth, on 24 July 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

I cannot really judge what that means on higher tiers, but right yesterday i had two games with 10 and 6 components destroyed. It is not any or every game, but 30 Components in 3 hours looks like a cakewalk. Maybe the simple targets are not as spread out when you are only matched against T1-3, but from my perspective - yes, harder than the rest, but not really _that_ hard compared to the recent "do 50 games with 250+ MS" or "get KMDDs in a Warhawk" type event (which had also better payout - granted).

Were you in a MG boat? 10 components destroyed seems pretty high.

Might have to bring out the Boomhammer. That's normally fairly good at critting out and removing components. Posted Image

#72 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:58 PM

I found it a lot quicker to do components in solaris 1v1 than Qp

#73 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:59 PM

Changed my mind gave it shot so played four games, 276 damage 4 components destroyed, 516 damage 1 component destroyed, 666 damage 1 component destroyed, 796 damage 0 components destroyed. Went back to my original plan and had enough for the night. Oh yeah three of the mechs used are fully skilled for firepower.

Edited by Bwah Ha Ha, 24 July 2018 - 07:00 PM.

#74 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:32 PM

dang, this is taking longer then it should . . too many component steals Posted Image

#75 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:10 AM

@All: I am not entirely sure whether I am just having massively bad luck, but this part of the event seems to be a total bust... I have taken out some of my very best critical seekers and after about 10 matches I have a grand total of TWO component destruction. :( I am fairly sure it is literally impossible to play 150+ games in less than 1,5 days, so I really have to hope my luck changes. :/ Good luck to everyone else who is still trying!

@D V Devnull: I think I am going to give the other 11 days a rating of 9.9/10 for having nice rewards for fairly easy requirements and day 6 a rating of 1.5/10 for being overtly challenging compared to all others AND being located in the middle of week, making several players give up by default. :/

#76 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 25 July 2018 - 03:56 AM

-- ATTENTION EVERYONE --

Day 6 has a Major Bug in it, which is EASILY revealed in Solaris Mode. Even if you take off a Component, but the Enemy Mech lives, you will NOT be credited for the "Component Destroyed". This has now robbed me of multiple "Component Destroyed" earnings, across several different matches. Matt Newman and the others who are handling this Event need to go check their stuff, because being robbed like this should NEVER happen. :angry:

I'm sorry, but in light of this Major Bug, I'm once again docking my Event Review Rating. It's now...

7.6/10

...and this Event Rating is going to hurt worse if I hit any more issues. Bug Report will be following in Patch Feedback, as soon as I get a chance to do it! <_<

~Mr. D. V. "Bugs don't slip past me... PGI should get their stuff in order!" Devnull

#77 Guy Humual

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:36 AM

I'm not sure I get 30 components destroyed in a month never mind a day. I've had about a dozen matches so far and I'm up to 4

#78 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:48 AM

To clarify for anyone not aware, a component is defined as "a section of a 'Mech containing equipment and weapons. Components have their own armor and internal hitpoints and may be destroyed independently of the rest of the 'Mech."

Source: https://mwomercs.com...98#entry5802998

So when you are tasked with getting components, you need to remove arms, legs and side torsos etc. By removing a side torso (where the arm is still attached) you should get two components destroyed.

Centre Torso kills are not your friend! :)

Hope that helps.

Z.

#79 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:13 AM

guess that explains why I have more kills then Destroyed components

#80 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:25 AM

While they DO need to adjust the MC prices, like a lot, they also need to adjust how mechs are purchased and sold back which at this point is likely too much effort for 'the pgi way'. I would prefer a more functional change but given how pgi works it would just be dumbed down to nerfing all the sellback values. That being said standard variants should not be up for MC prices at all once it moves out of the lame , never used, exploit window of 'now available for MC!' IIRC - MC should be for hero and champion mechs only, and vanity items.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users