Faction Play - A New Hope (Pgi Taking Input)

1163 replies to this topic

#1081 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 204 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:51 PM

TFW when u only gotta learn to counter clan ppc poptarts and dakka assaults as everything else sucks basically and you already won the game with better IS mechs. Apparently it'll take another 8 years for HHoD to maybe learn how to do it tho. <3

View PostIsaiah Kell, on 12 January 2020 - 10:39 AM, said:

sniper map=clan advantage

Of course it's clan advantage as when I saw u last time u brought ml/ac20/rac2 mechs to polar as 12man, I mean I dont know what did u expect but ok. Just learn to use those IS ERLL and u'll outtrade the poor hellbringers easily.

#1082 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 09:24 PM

Go Clan and bring ERLL HBRs to these ranged maps, see if you win against teams you're currently losing to on IS side.

Let your judgement be evidence based.

#1083 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:45 AM

There's like 3 maps, alpine, polar and boreal where erll trading is king. Every other map is mid to short range with the possibility of using long range as long as you don't mind people running through cover to punch you in the mouth. Yet this debate is several pages. Long range trading is the single most boring play style, the only one likely to go to time and the one where it's highly likely most teams will never get to their 4th mechs......

Sorry, passed out for a second thinking about alpine matches. Anyway, according to everyone I asked (they were all me) this debate can die in a fire cause we (me and only me) find it dull and mind numbingly Boring. Let's all agree with me and never do long range trade maps again. :P

#1084 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:29 AM

View Postccrider, on 14 January 2020 - 12:45 AM, said:

There's like 3 maps, alpine, polar and boreal where erll trading is king. Every other map is mid to short range with the possibility of using long range as long as you don't mind people running through cover to punch you in the mouth. Yet this debate is several pages. Long range trading is the single most boring play style, the only one likely to go to time and the one where it's highly likely most teams will never get to their 4th mechs......

Sorry, passed out for a second thinking about alpine matches. Anyway, according to everyone I asked (they were all me) this debate can die in a fire cause we (me and only me) find it dull and mind numbingly Boring. Let's all agree with me and never do long range trade maps again. Posted Image

if there's some thing I learned from some small bad troll unit and some high end comp unit is that pretty much every map has a place you can back into that will provide 1.5km erll lines, unfortunately

#1085 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:58 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 14 January 2020 - 10:29 AM, said:

if there's some thing I learned from some small bad troll unit and some high end comp unit is that pretty much every map has a place you can back into that will provide 1.5km erll lines, unfortunately
yeah, very true but there's always a way to them if you are determined enough. I can cram an Onion up someone's butt on pretty much any map if I'm irritated enough by the flow of a game. :)

#1086 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:10 PM

View Postccrider, on 14 January 2020 - 10:58 AM, said:

yeah, very true but there's always a way to them if you are determined enough. I can cram an Onion up someone's butt on pretty much any map if I'm irritated enough by the flow of a game. Posted Image

ARGL, the mind-cinema, man ... now I gotta go and wash me brains ...grmblfhjx
:P

#1087 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:30 PM

View PostVxheous, on 12 January 2020 - 03:46 PM, said:

Edit: I forgot about ERLL on the Catapult Jester, and one of the Champions

There are way more IS 'Mechs capable of solid ERLL trading than Clan 'Mechs.

BJ-1DC has high mounts and a 15% duration reduction quirk and a 10% range quirk. BJ-3 trades the duration for dissipation, making it viable to alpha-strike with four and not totally wreck your DPS. 'Mechs like the Thud 9SE and Dragon 1C have stupid high mounts with high rates of fire and can still be a major pain in the *** in FP. The RFL-3N has range, velocity, and cooldown quirks and can run 3ERLL and a Gauss and dump 42 into anything that isn't herky jerky at ~800 meters away with relative ease.

Honestly, I really don't like playing ERLL trade with Clans because it's so easy to just eat return-fire with the longer duration, generally worse mounts, and lack of extra armor bonuses to mitigate; I'd rather play ERPPCs. I do think the Clans getting ghost when firing 3 cERLL is not a big deal because the boats like the MAD-IIC can fire 3+2 and still run colder than any Battlemaster doing the same, let alone a Battlemaster firing 3+3 (which is quite spicy after the DHS changes), but the mounts on the Clan 'Mechs with that boating capacity are so much worse that it evens out. If there was a BLR-IIC, then we'd have a real problem, but we don't.

#1088 Isaiah Kell

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Davion
  • Hero of Davion
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:32 PM

Okay, okay okay. Thx for the builds and the pointers, we are slowly getting them together.

Still don't think we should allow the game to be turned into deathmatch only.

PGI, request:

1. Can we get clan mechs in the training grounds for headshot practice?

2. Can we get a metric on altwincon damage? Or possibly figure it into total damage?

3. New Siege Map Please---Solaris City/Mining Collective/Viridian Bog-esque?

BTW, PGI, thanks for putting in the capture time metric, and the damage taken metric.

Edited by Isaiah Kell, 27 January 2020 - 03:55 PM.

#1089 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 08:01 PM

Clan 'Mechs were in the training grounds at one point, on certain maps (i.e. Mech Factory before it became Mining Collective). Kind've unfortunate that PGI didn't keep that.

#1090 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:17 PM

View PostIsaiah Kell, on 26 January 2020 - 07:32 PM, said:

1. Can we get clan mechs in the training grounds for headshot practice?

Plenty of good diagrams floating around.

2. Can we get a metric on altwincon damage? Or possibly figure it into total damage?

lolno

#1091 J a y

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 08:28 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 30 January 2020 - 03:17 PM, said:

Plenty of good diagrams floating around.

lolno

join ismo

#1092 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:09 PM

loin jismo

#1093 EatnZDakka

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:04 AM

I just want faster match making...over 30min wait times to not get a game is just horrible....and I can't even tinker with builds or look at store when waiting..... very boring and waste of the time.
I'm also searching for an east coast unit somewhere between garbage and having to fill out an application to join....lol

#1094 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,694 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 04 February 2020 - 08:01 AM

Glad my catch phrase finally caught on.

#1095 Buster Machine 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 224 posts
  • LocationRepping TharHes Industries on a laptop

Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:17 PM

For a thread about giving input and feedback to PGI there sure is a lot of drama in here.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence and the current state of balance in MWO is the result of attempting to balance a game where lorewise one faction has a technological advantage over the other.

Love it or hate it, this is the state of balance MWO will be in for the foreseeable future.

Bring in a QP light mech backfill for afk and dc players PGI.

#1096 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:26 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 14 January 2020 - 05:30 PM, said:

Honestly, I really don't like playing ERLL trade with Clans because it's so easy to just eat return-fire with the longer duration, generally worse mounts, and lack of extra armor bonuses to mitigate; I'd rather play ERPPCs.

I was also thinking ERPPCs > ERL on those maps, due to the full damage delivery and lower exposure time.

I'd be interested in hearing from the higher skill players whether that's what they do.

Edited by Appogee, 04 February 2020 - 03:26 PM.

#1097 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:36 PM

With huge Targeting computa to boast velocity?

#1098 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:48 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 04 February 2020 - 03:36 PM, said:

With huge Targeting computa to boast velocity?

Yep. And taking advantage of the Velocity Quirks and jump capabilities of Mechs like the PHX Hero.

Edited by Appogee, 04 February 2020 - 03:49 PM.

#1099 burning wisky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 106 posts
  • LocationHannover Germany

Posted 08 February 2020 - 04:50 AM

have a look at the whole game / other side and not only in the small filter bubble

View PostIsaiah Kell, on 11 January 2020 - 08:52 AM, said:

Community/Faction Warfare/Play (CW/FW/FP) is NOT dead. We run premade 12mans almost every night of the week.

Scouting--Good riddance.
Smackin' Planets--I miss that.
Information--clarify please?
Merc Pilot Ldrbrd--IDC, I'm a loyalist

-We run premade 12mans almost every night of the week.
Just because in your timezone that works great with the 12 man drop, it’s not so commonin other timezones. example EU

-Scouting--Good riddance.
right if you just look at yourself, you're right. if you look at the whole thing not I know a lot of many who liked and no longer play because it is missing. (4 hours or 2 hours scouting is stupid) As a side game for a bonus IN CW / FW it was great. You can discuss whether you need the bonus for a 12 team in the future or should do it differently. i wouldn't be for a bonus for a 12 premate team.

-Information--clarify please?PGI's information has been very bad lately. what's next ? what is the goal ? what is being worked on?

-Merc Pilot Ldrbrd--IDC, I'm a loyalist
Merc Leaderboard in Game NO, on the webside own profil YES
a great proof that you don't care about the whole game (filter bubble). if players can't see their results to compete with others, players will be lost. so we need the Merc. leaderboard

ERLL and Weaponquirks

example to make that clear 2 classic high weaponslot mechs in CW/FW
no skillpoints 4 laser shooting
mechs / .........Battlemaster - hellbringer
penatlty...y 1 laser over lim - y 2 laserover lim.
ECM...............................no - yes
quirk............................10% - 0%
Tagcom6....................8,5% - Tagcom.3... 6%

optirange...................786m - 784m
heat.............................74% - overhead 4 sec sutdown/ 3 laser = 71%
damge ...........................36 - 43 / 3 laser = 32,25

+skillsrange normal range/max range
...........................901/1797 - 895/1789

Isaiah Kell
question of the DAY !!!
Battelmaster Quirk + 1 Laser more befor penalty or Hellbringer ECM + nothing + nothing
What is better ?

Edited by burning wisky, 08 February 2020 - 07:04 AM.

#1100 MountainRat

• PipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 26 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Posted 18 July 2020 - 12:00 PM

All I am looking for is more Faction option Game Play, not Siege only every day. Why can't we pick what we want to play Siege, skirmish, assault etc... We get to in QP, why not faction?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users