Kurita Vs Davion Mini Campaign

247 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:37 PM

Greetings MechWarriors
We have a Faction Play Mini-Campaign for you to play! Completing each day's challenges should only require 2 to 4 matches. Check out the Event window and Join in the Action. If this style of event is well received we will hold a Clan version of this challenge next weekend
Leave your suggestions and feedback in this thread!

Thanks,
The MechWarrior Online Team

"Kurita forces test Davion defenses on Skat"
Aug 4th 00:00 UTC to Aug 5th 00:00 UTC
Skirmish Mode Only

"Kuritans attempt to disrupt Davion supply lines on Cylene"
Aug 5th 00:00 UTC to Aug 6th 00:00 UTC
Conquest Mode Only

"Kuritains continue to Push at Davion Forces assaulting strategic locations on Markab"
Aug 6th 00:00 UTC to Aug 7th 00:00 UTC
Assault Mode Only

"Kuritains final push to capture planet Galatia from Davion forces"
Aug 7th 00:00 UTC to Aug 8th 00:00 UTC
Siege Mode only

NOTES:
There are no rewards tied to the Planet Victory.
Play Faction play mode and complete the challenges for Rewards.

TSP Owners receive 250,000 C-Bills Per Challenge Completed!
- Days 1 to 3 TSP Bonus have been injected
- Day 4 TSP bonus will be injected 5 PM PDT Aug 7th

#2 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:42 PM

first.

guess we'll be changing factions for this.. ahh well been awhile since I went on those servers,which may or may not exist now...

Edited by shameless, 03 August 2018 - 03:43 PM.

#3 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:47 PM

Thanks for the twenty minutes heads-up, would be a shame if anyone would miss half of the first day because of time zones and going to bed just before the event starts

#4 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:47 PM

YaY event.

Can I get my loyalty rep rank back on Cadoazazel for Smoke jag while we at it, since you decided people shouldn't be penalised for breaking loyalty now ? Thanks.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 03 August 2018 - 03:55 PM.

#5 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:55 PM

I've got your back

Objective Progress: 0%

Criteria Completion
Earn 2 Savior Kills 0 / 2
Rewards

Item Quantity
10000 C-Bills Reward 50

Item Quantity
Cockpit Mounted - Emerald Cicada 1

Really, the UNIQUE PTS warhorns are rewards for the very next live server event ? (any chance we can get haloween pumpkin instead? Posted Image )

YaY demon girl cockpit item.

YaY lots of MC.

View PostFallGuy0815, on 03 August 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

Thanks for the twenty minutes heads-up, would be a shame if anyone would miss half of the first day because of time zones and going to bed just before the event starts

10am Saturday in Australia, people probably already made weekend plans base on no events, Europeans Sleeping ? and probably already made weekend plans based on no events.

I was taking my kids to the snow, but 8am recieved report wasn't cold enough last night and our secret snow zone has no snow today so gonna try again next weekend.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 03 August 2018 - 03:58 PM.

#6 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:59 PM

Please clarify in origional post, do we NEED to be Kurita / Davion ? or "others are "helping" " ?

If we dont get reply ill try to let ya'll know when i work it out.

Its a seperate Faction Play Fight NOW / Scout now conflict to the main normal everyone Clan vs IS conflict, I am Kurita Mercenary and its letting me queue. So I believe you dont have to be loyalist.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 03 August 2018 - 04:08 PM.

#7 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:04 PM

To participate in the Event you have to be Kurita/Davion, but at least the rest of faction play is not shut down like last time. Also, i will have to put bigger sarcasm signs on my post with the "20 minutes advanced warning" :-/

#8 byter75

• PipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:13 PM

Hmm.. I think I might skip this event, I really enjoy scouting a lot more than invasion, it feels bad missing out on a lot of this event and I'm not looking forward to possibly grinding for hours for things like getting a win on skirmish.

#9 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:17 PM

I am confused by the mode restrictions. How can you guarantee that any particular invasion mode will be available so that we should be able to complete each day in two to four matches? Are you hard-locking each day to a single mode in FP for those in the appropriate factions or is it 'two to four matches if the right mode ever shows up two to four times?'

#10 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:19 PM

The event is skirmish only, so it is just "a win" in this case. Except for _maybe_ the components there is not a lot of grinding included to be fair. I just wish for an earlier announcment for these things, especially if they start at 2 AM and only last 24 hours

#11 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:23 PM

View Postbyter75, on 03 August 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

Hmm.. I think I might skip this event, I really enjoy scouting a lot more than invasion, it feels bad missing out on a lot of this event and I'm not looking forward to possibly grinding for hours for things like getting a win on skirmish.

1st day has 100MC for scouting win

#12 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:23 PM

So each day is something like 5 challenges, that's a good bonus for the TSPers. Still though, it's FP. Not sure if I want to step into that, plus my unit would need to change factions for it.

#13 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:26 PM

how does anybody do this with the lack of players?

check the box show only eligble rewards to see apparently there are non-faction based rewards up to 300 mc! today.

Edited by KursedVixen, 03 August 2018 - 04:30 PM.

#14 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:31 PM

now the question is , can you complete these rewards in the normal clan vs is conflict

Edited by Cadoazreal, 03 August 2018 - 04:31 PM.

#15 PobbestGob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:33 PM

looks fun, thank you :) hoping this is the start of some more good developments for FP and the game as a whole. clan v clan would be great, refusal war wolf vs the falcons maybe. also its about time the jaguars got eliminated, could do an event around that. maybe keep the faction as an option for any jags that want it, depending on community reception of the idea.

Edited by Kill2Blit, 03 August 2018 - 04:48 PM.

#16 Hellfire666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:36 PM

What a joke. PGI fails to get any movement on Solaris so now it's back to beating the dead faction play horse some more. While we are at it - let's limit it to certain factions. Oh yea, thats right, the only thing that matters in FP is if you are IS or Clan.

#17 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:38 PM

View PostHellfire666, on 03 August 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

What a joke. PGI fails to get any movement on Solaris so now it's back to beating the dead faction play horse some more. While we are at it - let's limit it to certain factions. Oh yea, thats right, the only thing that matters in FP is if you are IS or Clan.
No it only matters if your IS.....Because PGI IS Factionist or something....

#18 byter75

• PipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:40 PM

View PostFallGuy0815, on 03 August 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

The event is skirmish only, so it is just "a win" in this case. Except for _maybe_ the components there is not a lot of grinding included to be fair. I just wish for an earlier announcment for these things, especially if they start at 2 AM and only last 24 hours

Yeah I just watched somone get the 'skirmish win' in scouting. I am not sure why they couldn't have just said 'get a victory' rather than implying that it needs to be done 'in skirmish'. (Though yeah, I am much more interested now.. at least whilst I can do it all in scouting)

Edited by byter75, 03 August 2018 - 04:42 PM.

#19 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:56 PM

My alt is in LFG
in queue solo waiting in LFG . . yes pick me pick me

#20 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:03 PM

View Postbyter75, on 03 August 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

Yeah I just watched somone get the 'skirmish win' in scouting. I am not sure why they couldn't have just said 'get a victory' rather than implying that it needs to be done 'in skirmish'. (Though yeah, I am much more interested now.. at least whilst I can do it all in scouting)

Thank you for that! I would not have thought that scouting counts, and i had a veritable Blow-Out on the first Invasion game. If it boils down to the win, i will do scouting too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users