453 replies to this topic

#181 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:30 AM

Lock cone wasn't the issue with lrm and wasn't needed.

Edited by HammerMaster, 21 August 2018 - 04:30 AM.

#182 MiZia

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:30 AM

Welp tbh it will need more skill to launch Streaks/Atms with the patch BUT isnt a bit of skill required to shoot Srms also? (or other short range weapons).
If a squirrel circles around its the offended pilot that has to improve, maybe changing his position, counter rotating or like to get him shot.

Edited by MiZia, 21 August 2018 - 04:30 AM.

#183 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:33 AM

View PostHammerMaster, on 21 August 2018 - 04:30 AM, said:

I absolutely agree but it doesn’t change these players reaction.

#184 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:40 AM

View PostHiten Bongz, on 21 August 2018 - 03:43 AM, said:

Oh, so you think I'm not allowed/unable to make some valuable comments when it affects MY gameplay, or argue a case of over-reaching nerfs because of my forum post count? Because the content encompasses something that YOU consider a "small part" of gameplay, something you most likely don't even involve yourself in?

LMFAO. Get out of here with that BS logic.

Of course you have the right to speak up, no matter how useful your opinion is.

But you are spamming this thread and i learned that it is not good to leave the field of opinion to whiners and complainers.

Thats the reason why some things went wrong in the past and i decided to stand up against those behaviour.

So, with all due respect, i wont get out of here.

Consider this:

It is impossible to serve everyone's desires, no matter which topic. Because of the countless combinations of chassis and weapons systems, there will always be a need for adjustments.

But every single change please someone and disappoint someone. Thats life. And think about this: I am a passionate Streaker, i love hunting down these little ****** piranhas. Do you see me whining?

#185 Kirito Kerenksy

• PipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:42 AM

View PostHammerMaster, on 21 August 2018 - 04:30 AM, said:

Cool, so you lost something you didn't need.

As for streaks? You might find that LBX auto cannons and Heavy Gauss were better at killing lights if you... you know... aim.

#186 LeucippusK

• PipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBenton Harbor, Mich

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:43 AM

The ECM buff is hilarious.

#187 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:46 AM

View PostStory Time, on 21 August 2018 - 04:13 AM, said:

So you knew that streaks and Artemis stacked when it wasn't supposed to, added an upgrade that didn't say it would effect your weapon, all of the forum posts and info we were given said streaks would not receive a benefit from Artemis, and yet now that the bug is being fixed and they're working the way they were supposed to with the only difference being that you have to aim now is that its a nerf?

I don't use Streaks. I do use ATMs on some mechs, and I did NOT add Artemis to them (I didn't actually know they stacked with ATMs), so I could care less about them fixing the damn stacking. Get that through your thick skull, I am NOT complaining about the fixing of the damn double-stacked benefits. FFS.

I'm starting to think you have problems with reading comprehension. Maybe you should "git gud" at reading?

Two pages ago at least:

View PostHiten Bongz, on 21 August 2018 - 03:15 AM, said:

1. Artemis is losing 2 out of 3 bonuses (lock time, tracking).
2. ATMs have Artemis built into the launchers.
3. Hence, ATMs are nerfed out of 2/3 bonuses.

I never complaining about the double-stacking of Artemis being fixed.

I've spelled it out to you SEVERAL times now: my problem is the fact they've removed 2 out of 3 bonuses to Artemis, and Artemis is built-in to ATMs. So even though I never exploited the double-stacking bug, my ATMs get nerfed to have a longer lock time than they did before (because the original lock speed bonus is simply GONE), in addition to a smaller targeting cone thrown on top of it all. GG.

Do I need to also mention that Artemis and ATMs are still paying the same extra tonnage cost as pre-patch to carry 1 bonus instead of 3, which is also a big FU to an already underwhelming weapons system. Artemis itself and therefore the extra tonnage cost for ATMs should be reduced by 66%.

Edited by Hiten Bongz, 21 August 2018 - 04:58 AM.

#188 YouKnowNothing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 103 posts
  • LocationWhy are we here? Just to suffer?

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:49 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 21 August 2018 - 04:40 AM, said:

{...} And think about this: I am a passionate Streaker, i love hunting down these little ****** piranhas.{...}

I'll risk drawing the moderators' wrath for non-constructive posting by saying this to you:

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#189 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:50 AM

View PostStory Time, on 21 August 2018 - 04:42 AM, said:

Cool, so you lost something you didn't need.

As for streaks? You might find that LBX auto cannons and Heavy Gauss were better at killing lights if you... you know... aim.

Show me on the mech doll where the bad LRM touched you.

#190 Lethe Wyvern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 489 posts
  • LocationRCW

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:53 AM

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 21 August 2018 - 03:45 AM, said:

Of course it will change. The purpose of a streakboat is to chase lights and it will be harder to achieve lock on a light running around point blank.

And that's yet another playstyle killed.

ROFL! Thats gold, and im going to use it as signature. Holy crap, i was laughing till my eyes get wet, shuuush boiiii.... thanks man.

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 21 August 2018 - 03:57 AM, said:

Yeeesss. Third of the playerbase lost in six months. Good job indeed.

Wait wut, did you just assumed their playstyle?

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 21 August 2018 - 04:02 AM, said:

Not beacuse of streaks ruining it for everyone? Who might have though.

And dont call me sweetie please. Your mom used to call me that and I hated it.

Wow, mom jokes. Conversation intensifies.

View PostLeucippusK, on 21 August 2018 - 04:43 AM, said:

The ECM buff is hilarious.

Nerfs and skilltree which made this system pure trash without ALOT OF ADDITIONAL EXPENSE - yea thats real hilarious thing.

Edited by Lethe Wyvern, 21 August 2018 - 04:57 AM.

#191 alsation

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:37 AM

EXCUSE ME. My 3x SRM 6 no ballistic CN9-A has something to say about removing the 5% missile cooldown.

#192 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:39 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 21 August 2018 - 02:59 AM, said:

Dont forget this:

Playing Solo-QP is ridiculous because of this Solo-Yolo-LeroyJenkins-MichealSchumacher-Nascar-Race.

Running into circles to eat slow mechs until the last die... i mean wtf...go play robber&gendarme.

I would play QP without this behaviour, but in this state atm, it is fun like eating from a trashcan.

The Nascaring in S-QP is more of an issue for one side than the other due to spawn locations for Charlie lance (assault/heavy lance). It is the side that has Charlie lance spawning on the left end is the side that usually feels the pain, because.. well... it is PGI...

#193 Admiral Ackbar 86

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:46 AM

Props PGI, I really like the buff to ECM and lock on changes. Now lurm boats might actually have to move their mouse to get 1000 damage.

Can we get some more buffs for AMS though, in it's current form it is pretty useless in quickplay since you can't depend on most of the team carrying it, and 1 AMS basically does nothing and is wasted tonnage if no one else brings it to the fight.

#194 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:53 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 21 August 2018 - 04:27 AM, said:

You know it’s just great to see those “adapt your playstyles to our lock-on bull****” get a slight nerf to their weapons and making them a bit harder to use and almost instant reaction of producing salt on an industrial scale.

The patch encourages longrange indirect massspamming,
nerfs selflocks and low/midrange lrms usage,
but changes nearly nothing at indirect massspamming.
And the narc-nerf dont do anything against around 1minute narc duration,
but for qp narc is buffed, because less beacons less missiles spread.

About adapt:
After the first arc-nerf, i needed to stay a little futher to clear obstacles because less bending,
with the second arc-nerf i need to stay even futher away because bending is gone,
means my own uavs dont help me anymore in getting my own locks.
And with the locktimenerf i will get cored before i can get my own lock,
cant even wiggle to spread the damage between the torsos.

Adapt means in this case that i need to become a skillless indirect massspammer not sharing armor.
Cap, 4tons artemis and ams, thats 6,5 tons spare, if i stay back i can remove some of my nearly maxarmor to get some more tons free, thats 20 more tubes and lots of ammo for more spam.
Is this realy what you wanted?

I play mostly lrms and the last buffs(nerfs made lrms worse if you dont like indirect massspamming,
with this patch indirect massspamming at long range is the only option.

Edited by Kroete, 21 August 2018 - 06:02 AM.

#195 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:55 AM

You know what would have fixed SSRMs and nuking lights? Make them no longer fire-and-forget, but have faster projectile speed. It's relatively "guaranteed hit" because of the fast projectile-speed anyways, like Gauss having charge mechanics.

This at least provides fast-lights a chance to juke the missiles by being able to break lock and evade the missiles, streak-boats now need constant missile-lock to actually deal with lights. Now there's no need to decrease the lock-cone.

PGI, that's not really hard.

View PostKroete, on 21 August 2018 - 05:53 AM, said:

Adapt means in this case that i need to become a skillless indirect massspammer not sharing armor.
Cap, 4tons artemis and ams, thats 6,5 tons spare, if i stay back i can remove some of my nearly maxarmor to get some more tons free, thats 20 more tubes and some ammo for more spam.

I know i don't want that.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 21 August 2018 - 05:57 AM.

#196 Kirito Kerenksy

• PipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 06:01 AM

View PostHiten Bongz, on 21 August 2018 - 04:46 AM, said:

I don't use Streaks. I do use ATMs on some mechs, and I did NOT add Artemis to them (I didn't actually know they stacked with ATMs), so I could care less about them fixing the damn stacking. Get that through your thick skull, I am NOT complaining about the fixing of the damn double-stacked benefits. FFS.

I'm starting to think you have problems with reading comprehension. Maybe you should "git gud" at reading?

Two pages ago at least:

I've spelled it out to you SEVERAL times now: my problem is the fact they've removed 2 out of 3 bonuses to Artemis, and Artemis is built-in to ATMs. So even though I never exploited the double-stacking bug, my ATMs get nerfed to have a longer lock time than they did before (because the original lock speed bonus is simply GONE), in addition to a smaller targeting cone thrown on top of it all. GG.

Do I need to also mention that Artemis and ATMs are still paying the same extra tonnage cost as pre-patch to carry 1 bonus instead of 3, which is also a big FU to an already underwhelming weapons system. Artemis itself and therefore the extra tonnage cost for ATMs should be reduced by 66%.

So you're not mad about the cone of lock on, you're not mad about the stacking bonus, you're not mad about LRMs or being a front-line lurmer,

you're not complaining about streaks, and you're not complaining about ATMs which now only have a firing circle issue and a little bit longer of a lock-on for indirect fire.

View PostHiten Bongz, on 21 August 2018 - 02:22 AM, said:

you now have an excruciating face time for every launch if you want to actually get your own locks and twist damage away like a non-potato. Or want to peek and fire. Artemis at least helped acquire a lock quicker, but now the time to reacquire every target is just going to be ridiculous. Especially vs. an ECM user, which incidentally also gets a range buff...

You are saying ATMs are being nerfed despite the fact they were never supposed to get indirect-fire lock-on time bonus and are instead getting a velocity buff. If you are a front-line lurmer like your first post eludes to you being then you are losing NOTHING

What are you mad about then?

oh yes

View PostHiten Bongz, on 21 August 2018 - 02:22 AM, said:

Well it wouldn't be much of an issue if your missile lock wasn't immediately broken when you move your reticle outside of the acquisition area.

The fact you CANT keep your reticle inside a giant red box

so how many times do I have to spell it out for YOU?

You know what's coming...
Spoiler

Edited by Story Time, 21 August 2018 - 06:03 AM.

#197 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 21 August 2018 - 06:20 AM

Cap, 4tons artemis and ams, thats 6,5 tons spare, if i stay back i can remove some of my nearly maxarmor to get some more tons free, thats 20 more tubes and lots of ammo for more spam.

You're literally describing the current faction play meta on maps like polar, if you run an LRM strategy, which is pretty powerful. My LRM Mauler has seriously reduced armor, but carries 4x LRM 15's (no artemis, because lol direct fire is for chumps) and 5700 rounds of LRM ammo.

This patch will not change this, it will just make direct fire even less appealing, which I think is funny.

Edited by Eisenhorne, 21 August 2018 - 06:21 AM.

#198 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 06:27 AM

The patch encourages longrange indirect massspamming,
nerfs selflocks and low/midrange lrms usage,
but changes nearly nothing at indirect massspamming.
And the narc-nerf dont do anything against around 1minute narc duration,
but for qp narc is buffed, because less beacons less missiles spread.

About adapt:
After the first arc-nerf, i needed to stay a little futher to clear obstacles because less bending,
with the second arc-nerf i need to stay even futher away because bending is gone,
means my own uavs dont help me anymore in getting my own locks.
And with the locktimenerf i will get cored before i can get my own lock,
cant even wiggle to spread the damage between the torsos.

I play mostly lrms and the last buffs(nerfs made lrms worse if you dont like indirect massspamming,
with this patch indirect massspamming at long range is the only option.

Oh look, finally someone adequate.

Are these changes good? Not really. Do they fix problems with LRMs? Hardly. Do people here whine out of control on them? Absolutely. Only positive thing I see that they at least will require holding reticle almost on mech to start getting lock.

As for “adapting” I was referring to these whiners during discussion on LRMs buffs were saying stuff like: ‘adapt to it, bring ECM/AMS, hug covers more etc.’ Hey guys, how about putting LRMs into trash bin if they are SO UNPLAYABLY BAD right now? Cmon, adapt.

#199 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 06:33 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 21 August 2018 - 06:20 AM, said:

You're literally describing the current faction play meta on maps like polar, if you run an LRM strategy, which is pretty powerful. My LRM Mauler has seriously reduced armor, but carries 4x LRM 15's (no artemis, because lol direct fire is for chumps) and 5700 rounds of LRM ammo.

This patch will not change this, it will just make direct fire even less appealing, which I think is funny.

Absolutely same. Even now Artemis is useless compared to additional ammo/heat/tubes you can put on instead of it. 5700 is lol, I feel I should do the same with my Mean Baby to get potential of 4K LRM damage per one mech in FP.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/294229286

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 21 August 2018 - 06:40 AM.

#200 A Headless Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 273 posts
  • LocationImmersed in Stupid.

Posted 21 August 2018 - 06:36 AM

View PostStory Time, on 21 August 2018 - 06:01 AM, said:

Spoiler

Excuse me sir how DARE you tell me I am not gud, I have been playing the role of LRM support because NO ONE else will ever THINK about being the LRM support for a pathetic person like you LRMing is not as easy as it seems but actually it requires alot of thinking such as what is the arc of fire how long will it take to hit you and wind direction and gravity and I am very appalled that you dare look down on a person like me who does so much for the team but gets so little respect from the community meta tryhards you should be like me and use LRMs and see who can crack more damage me or you also the circle reduction is nonsense and you know it LRMs are not in a good spot now and it is all because of trolls who decide to spoil the fun for every other player that we have this problem now. Lock on weapons are perfectly balanced as they are and by doing this you are interfering with my roleplay and hurt my feelings now I need to fill in a butthurt formPosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users