#41 Cards79

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 33 posts
  • LocationQuébec, Canada

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:52 AM

Hi Dante,

There is "Outreach Alliance HQ" on Discord you could check out, maybe they can setup stuff for you. Thay also have A LOT of people joining that discord server rapidly lately:
https://discord.gg/ENdzvN
Also, "Comstar" on Teamspeak is back:
na1.mech-connect.net
I am moderator on TS Comstar, but I have no power to create server and channel groups. I can create channels though, maybe that could help with that. I don't have much power as mod so you would need to talk to Ach ou Achr, he is the admin and the one to talk to. But lately, he is not very resposive. If you ask him a question, stay logged in there for at least 24 hours so he can eventually see your message and respond. Like everyone he has a life and is not alsways at his PC, give him time to repond. You can retry to get a hold of me (sorry the other day I really had to go) and see what I can do to help you if you want.
A mix of tthe two would be perfect I suppose and get the maximum of players to communicate.

o7

#42 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 September 2018 - 11:28 AM

View PostCards79, on 09 September 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

Hi Dante,

There is "Outreach Alliance HQ" on Discord you could check out, maybe they can setup stuff for you. Thay also have A LOT of people joining that discord server rapidly lately:
https://discord.gg/ENdzvN
Also, "Comstar" on Teamspeak is back:
na1.mech-connect.net
I am moderator on TS Comstar, but I have no power to create server and channel groups. I can create channels though, maybe that could help with that. I don't have much power as mod so you would need to talk to Ach ou Achr, he is the admin and the one to talk to. But lately, he is not very resposive. If you ask him a question, stay logged in there for at least 24 hours so he can eventually see your message and respond. Like everyone he has a life and is not alsways at his PC, give him time to repond. You can retry to get a hold of me (sorry the other day I really had to go) and see what I can do to help you if you want.
A mix of tthe two would be perfect I suppose and get the maximum of players to communicate.

o7

cards...to be clear ...what we need will not involve any server groups or channel groups...just a channel "like what we have on ts.r-x-d.online" but the one on COMSTAR PRIME "as im coining it" will serve as the main hub people can find information about the HPG network on. your guys job will be simple....create this channel, keep it up to date with teamspeak info "TS admins will come to you with any changes to there TS or Event times for things like FW and community events" and, if anyone needs to update there information on there own personal HPG "nodes" which will contain the same content from TS to TS....they will reach out to you guys and Comstar teamspeak. why COMSTAR

this is why i NEED to get a hold of you guys and GET this set up. its very important for this to work comstar be on board. "message me if you have questions/concerns or dont understand something" i check the forums daily and will reply swiftly

and this can be done one any and all discords as well...the more people..units and teamspeak we have involved..the more ROBUST this system will be.

#43 Ach

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 04:04 PM

To show the other side of the coin; I have replied to you a few times now Dante, and you never actually "ask" me anything. You just say you want to discuss something. So saying I never reply isn't being truthful.

As Cards said, I don't sit at my PC 24/7. I have a life as well. I answer and fix things when I'm around and if there is a note as to what someone needs.

I have sent you another reply via PM.

#44 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:53 PM

View PostAch, on 09 September 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

To show the other side of the coin; I have replied to you a few times now Dante, and you never actually "ask" me anything. You just say you want to discuss something. So saying I never reply isn't being truthful.

As Cards said, I don't sit at my PC 24/7. I have a life as well. I answer and fix things when I'm around and if there is a note as to what someone needs.

I have sent you another reply via PM.

ok apologies..ive sent more than one message guess some didn't make it. :( the only one i see you replied was the link to this post...so i would not have to re write everything in a private message. basically it was about getting COMSTAR involved on this, and i had been on the teamspeak 3 days in a row for hours " i also cant just sit there all day as i have to turn my comp off each and every time im not using it or it has issues" so i cant just leave my self in there..and even if i did, i would not be there at my comp or able to reply most the day...cause real life priorities like you have. so simply cause i didn't reply does not mean i haven't tried to contact you several times. but ...putting that aside...the main points i wanted to go over were getting you guys on board to serve as the central HPG HUB for the COMSTAR-HPG network. essentially, you would create a channel near your entrance channel that would have a list of teamspeaks "that have given the OK to post" that you know, and others who you dont would come by with there info and give it to you to be added. once the list is up, "for anyone to see who comes on, or for other TS admins to see to update there HPG node", then you would include sub channels that provide Community run events that are unique to different units and groups "such as WTF Wednesday by queens guard and Friday night fight club by Clan Widow Makers". once its up, "also this could just as easily be added to discord", then you will have a Lore friendly "communications highway" for people to.....find groups, find units, find people for FW, join people for FW, find community events and gatherings outside of the games events "keep things fun when times are slow" and ect. all the while building up trafic and activity for all the team-speaks/discords involved. :) ill copy/paste this info in a private message as well. sorry again i was not trying to call you out or make it seem that way, COMSTAR and you guys are crucial to this working.

#45 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 September 2018 - 12:37 AM

again..apologies achr

#46 Grimvid

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 70 posts
  • LocationWith my pack of wolfhounds

Posted 11 September 2018 - 02:14 PM

This has been a great discussion about the use of teamspeak over/and discord.

Thanks Dante.

#47 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:04 AM

View PostGrimvid, on 11 September 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

This has been a great discussion about the use of teamspeak over/and discord.

Thanks Dante.

grimvid...i dont know if you saw the OP..but this really had nothing to do with discord vs teamspeak or visa versa...i dont get what your saying? this was about using a feature found on several VOIP services that an 1...help keep everything focused in one area for players of MWO when finding groups, ect....and 2 keep open interactions between the major Voip groups that support MWO. the whole point of this is to build up the community and keep MWO alive with out relying at all on PGI. using community events, community recruitment, and community growth.

#48 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:45 AM

View Postdante245, on 29 August 2018 - 03:58 PM, said:

thank you for your time.Posted Image
"for any suggestions, ideas, or feedback on how this could be improved or things i might have missed, please post below".
for interest in getting involved, direct message me.
You've explained the goal, but not how these "HPG nodes" are utilized by the individual users. That's kind of important.

#49 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:48 PM

the nodes will work as enhanced versions of the coms channel people already have on there TS or discord. having all the teamspeaks known in the one channel WITH different COMMUNITY RUN events that are unique to each. things that you other wise would have to hunt the forums for. it will do 3 things..one keep all the units interacting and grouping together "including ones previously not known or not able to find others to play with", keeps faction play a regular thing" as if your OWN unit does not play at the times your on..you just use the HPG node to find a group" and if a unit is short people for FW, they can use it to find more players. everyone wins.

finally, it simplifies the process of finding this information. instead of having to use or hunt the forums to recruit, gather info, find groups, etc...you just use your HPG node and the COMSTAR HPG HUB "which will have the most updated info that others can use to keep theirs updated. to update the HPG HUB, you just take your changed info and give it to the proper people on COMSTAR. easy peasy.

#50 S t P a u l y

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:46 AM

Discord

#51 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:25 AM

View Postdante245, on 12 September 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

the nodes will work as enhanced versions of the coms channel people already have on there TS or discord. having all the teamspeaks known in the one channel WITH different COMMUNITY RUN events that are unique to each. things that you other wise would have to hunt the forums for. it will do 3 things..one keep all the units interacting and grouping together "including ones previously not known or not able to find others to play with", keeps faction play a regular thing" as if your OWN unit does not play at the times your on..you just use the HPG node to find a group" and if a unit is short people for FW, they can use it to find more players. everyone wins.
finally, it simplifies the process of finding this information. instead of having to use or hunt the forums to recruit, gather info, find groups, etc...you just use your HPG node and the COMSTAR HPG HUB "which will have the most updated info that others can use to keep theirs updated. to update the HPG HUB, you just take your changed info and give it to the proper people on COMSTAR. easy peasy.
Sorry, Dante, but you write in a way that makes it difficult to parse out the specifics. Do I get it right that it's supposed to be a centrally maintained list of public/semi-public voice hubs?

Edited by Horseman, 13 September 2018 - 03:26 AM.

#52 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:08 PM

to simplify as much as possible...in the over arching community...most units have there own teamspeaks or discords. on said voip service are channels, which often contain text or imagery. what im asking is that, each major community who owns there own teamspeak or discord create a new channel, located close to the entrance channel" where ever that be" that contains a organized and sorted list of OTHER teamspeaks and discords that said unit regularly drops with or knows of. if every community does this, we will have a network of known teamspeaks and open the door for people to have an easier time finding groups, recruiting, finding a unit "if without one", and getting involved on community events "events put on by a individual community/gaming group/ unit that is unique to them and does not involve PGI events."

what i want and need comstar to help me with is create a "main hub" channel that, while a copy of every other teamspeak "HPG node" will be unique in that its updated by the other teamspeaks involved when/if they change any info relevant enough to notify ARCH or other comstar admins. the purpose of this is so when people "other units, groups, ect" need to update there teamspeak/discord HPG node, they will simply go to COMSTAR" already serving as a hub for many units" to gather the most up to date list to include on there HPG node channel. thats it. not super complex. but will be very efficient in serving as a "communications and event organizing" channel and platform. almost removing the need for regular Forum use or research to find said info.

#53 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:33 PM

Now THAT is clear. Posted Image Keep up the good work!

Edited by Horseman, 20 September 2018 - 10:33 PM.

#54 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:36 AM

thank you horse man. all im missing now is COMSTAR. im in talks with R79 Raptor Talons, mercstar should be coming along soon, and ARC7 said once COMSTAR has an official HPG Prime set up on COMSTAR, they will get one set up on there teamspeak as well. soon im going to reach out to the other units i know................

1. Qweens Guard
2. ISengrim "pease dane reply to my messages buddy :)"
3. and maybe 228 "they have been friendly last times ive been on"

ANY AND ALL units not mentioned anywhere here on this post..please contact me if your interested...i want everyone to be involved in this...more we get the more effective.

#55 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:12 PM

good news everyone! i wanted to update the list of those involved "and those who have HPG nodes set up on there respective teamspeaks".....
1. 12th Bear Guards
2. LCAF Communications Hub [Dedicated]
3. House Davion - AFFS
4. FRR/Kurita Hub

groups in talks with to get it added to there teamspeaks
1. WidowMakers
2. 79th Raptor Talon Cluster
3. houseliaovoice
4. ARC7
5. MercStar
6. Comstar Teamspeak "NEW"
7. 228

looking for large, stable clan units. if anyone can put me in the right direction to get ahold of a leader from such a group, would be appreciated.

#56 Ach

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:44 PM

There is a channel on Comstar called HPG HUB. No information has been given yet to be put there, so... it's still just empty.

A bit more organizing is needed I would suggest.

#57 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 September 2018 - 01:38 PM

View PostAch, on 26 September 2018 - 06:44 PM, said:

There is a channel on Comstar called HPG HUB. No information has been given yet to be put there, so... it's still just empty.

A bit more organizing is needed I would suggest.

And who controls that? I can not do anything about the channels state as i have no authority to. Its solly on you. If you need informstion, just come to ts.r-x-d.online anytime. Even when I'm not on the channels are still up and are extremely well updated by yours truly. So even if u can not be on when your on to give you info, you can take it for your self any time that works for you. :) if you want im more than happy to send it over forum direct message as well.

Also, we now have R79T raptor talons in talks to add this feature to there TS first Major clan unit since 12BG

#58 Jet Black Dog

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 02:55 PM

Just PM Ach - via his forum profile - the link you'd like him to add; OR , request he make you admin of the link channel ( the old "browncoats allied units" channel group had links to the respective teams in their unit channel 's "description" text; and like Cards said, the "Planet Outreach" discord for that alliance, does the same thing; so it's not difficult either way you do it ), again; via forum PM.
Asking someone that busy to go to *your* TS, to do something for you, i'd say does not follow the golden rule, K.I.S.S.

View Postdante245, on 30 September 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

And who controls that? I can not do anything about the channels state as i have no authority to. Its solly on you. If you need information, just come to ts.r-x-d.online anytime. Even when I'm not on the channels are still up and are extremely well updated by yours truly. So even if u can not be on when your on to give you info, you can take it for your self any time that works for you. Posted Image if you want im more than happy to send it over forum direct message as well.

Also, we now have R79T raptor talons in talks to add this feature to there TS first Major clan unit since 12BG

Edited by Mercie, 30 September 2018 - 03:10 PM.

#59 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 September 2018 - 06:13 PM

View PostMercie, on 30 September 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

Just PM Ach - via his forum profile - the link you'd like him to add; OR , request he make you admin of the link channel ( the old "browncoats allied units" channel group had links to the respective teams in their unit channel 's "description" text; and like Cards said, the "Planet Outreach" discord for that alliance, does the same thing; so it's not difficult either way you do it ), again; via forum PM.
Asking someone that busy to go to *your* TS, to do something for you, i'd say does not follow the golden rule, K.I.S.S.

You misunderstood. I said he could use it if he's having trouble connecting with me as I'm also a busy man and asking me to sit on the TeamSpeak for 24 hours when I've got many other more important real life stuff to deal with is also disrespectful to me. I'm doing the majority of the work in this, reaching out to every other TeamSpeak and working this out. What I'm asking isn't very much in retrospect. To ask me to wait on the whim of a person who may or may not be on that day is just as bad as me asking them to do it on my TeamSpeak.

Instead, when I'm asking is that if they want to see a good example of the information they would need to apply or how it should be formatted and where it should be located... Etc, they can simply hop over any time that they are available or they have the time and check it on my TeamSpeak. I see nothing rude about that and I think you're trying to insinuate something that you really shouldn't.

I think if people realize how much time and hours I put into this already they would be more accommodating. And the fact that I'm not getting irritated and lashing out shows you that I really am trying to work with everyone. And again I did say achr could always message me on the forums for information needed for the HPG node... of which I'm more than happy to provide when I'm available to do so. I have no personal beef with you Mercie, so please dont cause problems for me where there need not be any. This whole effort is hard enough as it is.

Edited by dante245, 30 September 2018 - 06:16 PM.

#60 Ach

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 06:28 PM

As what Mercie said, either a PM or leave me a message on Teamspeak works great.

This is your project, and you chose to start it. I am being accommodating as I have put the channel on there.

I am busy, and I put in extra hours at work so I can keep Comstar running as it comes purely out of my own pocket. I didn't sign up to this to have more responsibility on top of that. You came to me asking if I can put a channel on the Teamspeak and you would give information to put there. Now you ask that I keep up the responsibility of going out to gather the information.

Get the information in a list. PM it, and update when there is additions or removals. You can easily send the same list to other Teamspeak owners as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users