#22 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:18 PM

View PostLivestick, on 31 August 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

Did you even look at the page? It's $55.

whoopsies...my bad :P!

#23 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:20 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 31 August 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

The Hatamoto looks great, better than the TRO artwork.
That Charger on the other hand ... doesn't look at all like a Charger.

My main problem with the Charger is that in BATTLETECH it intentionally was given a very minimal weapon loadout because the Mech was intended to fight in Melee combat, which we do not have in MWO, so therefore the Charger will require allot of modification to make it worthwhile in MWO.

#24 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:26 PM

I kinda what those c-bill items but that a lot of money. Specially since I'm buying it with AU. "Yeah" kinda not going to happen. I am open to gifting? lol jokes, save your money.

Might buy stand packs once "Mr Kanajashi" does his video.
Bruno o/

#25 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:30 PM

What... What did you do to my Charger's head!?!? That looks like a Highlander's head...

#26 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:38 PM

As the guy who made an awareness thread about these two mechs. I am excited that they are here. I told myself that those two are the only ones I'd spend money on if they arrive, and low and behold they are here. So as promised, I will get those two suckers.

#27 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:40 PM

What a serious misrepresentation of a mech the Charger turned out to be in looks, reminds me the robots from Disney's Black Hole and that was a bomb. On the other hand Hatamoto is just cool looking, reminds me of Unicron from Transformers. Then again it has SSRMs lol which you just nerfed.

#28 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 667 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:43 PM

they look cool, but i don’t see them competing with the awesome and victor unless they end up having exceptionally good hitboxes/agility, because i guarantee the quirks won’t be nearly as strong.

#29 Stink Bug

• PipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:44 PM

With the Hatamoto Chi now in the works, there goes any chance of seeing the Thug in this century :(

#30 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:49 PM

These mechs look worthy to add to the collection, but the question is can i drop that kind of money, don't know about that.

If i had to choose it would probably be the hatamoto, turn that sucka into a bad *** mrm carrier

Depending on quirks the charger might be a replacement for the awesome if the hit boxes are shaved comparatively.

Edited by Mall Cop, 31 August 2018 - 05:50 PM.

#31 FatBabyYoshi

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:53 PM

listen i just want my mackie

#32 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:57 PM

View PostMall Cop, on 31 August 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

These mechs look worthy to add to the collection, but the question is can i drop that kind of money, don't know about that.

If i had to choose it would probably be the hatamoto, turn that sucka into a bad *** mrm carrier

Depending on quirks the charger might be a replacement for the awesome if the hit boxes are shaved comparatively.
r

Was thinking the same with the Hatamoto, get rid of the SSRM replace with MRM.

#33 aardappelianen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 195 posts
  • Locationamsterdam

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:07 PM

Haha the hatamoto-chi has a face for a torso, it's not a BattleMech anymore it's a ganmen now :P
I will name mine gurren lagan :D

#34 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:17 PM

That Charger head really kind of ruins it. It makes it look not-Charger, as well as frakking with identification between it and the Highlander.

#35 Yulri

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:21 PM

The Hatamoto-chi looks like a good MRM mech, but I wouldn't waste any money on the charger. 5 SL on a 80 tonner? Definitely not worth it in my book.

#36 Alex Deathson

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:27 PM

The Hatamoto-Chi looks pretty freakin' awesome. The upper arms look pretty short, so the arm weapon mounts shouldn't suffer too badly, by the looks of it. If only the Can-inflation rate over these US dollar figures wasn't so punishing.

#37 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:43 PM

Other than not an Urbie IIC I like these a lot. Great work!

#38 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:49 PM

Seriously, what on earth did you do to the Charger's head? It looks awful.

#39 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:53 PM

View PostTahawus, on 31 August 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

Anyone else think the charger looks like a the lovechild of a black knight and a highlander?

Upon seeing it I thought oh look its a Highlander MK III

View Post-Ramrod-, on 31 August 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

So we're spending $70 on 5 mechs instead of 7...even more nope.

For $55 you get all 5 'Mechs (4 variants + 1 Special) of either Charger or Hatamoto-chi just pick one.
However:
For $80 you get both collectors packs which give the Hanging item buffs
For $110 you get both Ultimate packs which give the Hanging + Standing item buffs

Neither the page nor its faq page seems to indicate IS only, I would be very surprised if buffs worked on clan mechs.
Because the Civil War Ultimate pack Or Civ. War Escalation Ultimate pack cost $260
And I can tell you the buffs must be installed on the mech your playing to work.
The IS version only appears in IS mech's cockpit list of equipable items, and Clan only appear on Clan mechs.
For those of you who did not get either Civil Wars, this pack will save you some cash.
But expect to get a little PO'd with having to scroll down, way down, to find these items and equip them each and every time you change mechs. Oh but thats just PGI's way of saying they don't give a ..... about higher tiered financial supporters that want to help keep their game going, ..OR no one in PGI has actually really played MWO in years... /RANT

View PostEd Steele, on 31 August 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

My main problem with the Charger is that in BATTLETECH it intentionally was given a very minimal weapon loadout because the Mech was intended to fight in Melee combat, which we do not have in MWO, so therefore the Charger will require allot of modification to make it worthwhile in MWO.

Well unless things got retconed again somewhere, the Charger is just the biggest scout ever built with maximized armor to ensure they always return from a mission with information. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Charger

View PostTesunie, on 31 August 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

What... What did you do to my Charger's head!?!? That looks like a Highlander's head...

Yes just change the head it looks like someone ran out of ideas and just flipped through PGI's current artwork and was like hey lets reuse this mechs head its an old design and no one will notice...
Except a lot did.
CHANGE CHARGERS HEAD PGI IT SUCKS!

No don't bother looking for a "Highlander MK III" I made it up.
PS. I somewhat apologize to the concept artist for my strong+harsh remarks over the chargers head appearance, but it looks like highlander and there can Only be 1 Highlander!!!
PSS. Okay there's really 2 highanders the Highlander and the IIC but thats it and no don't look for the MK III because I made it up, now stop it sheeesh!

Edited by Max Rickson, 01 September 2018 - 08:48 AM.

#40 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:03 PM

I like the art for both but struggled on the hard point layout and other characteristics like engine speed and MASC/ECM/JJ availability. Decision is a difficult pass this time around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users