73 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:25 AM

AFTERMATH EVENT RESOLUTION

Greetings MechWarriors,

As most of you are aware the Aftermath Loot bag event ended one day earlier than intended.

We sincerely apologize for this and as compensation, we have done the following.

You will retain any progress made up to Sunday at 5 PM and you can complete any remaining challenges and earn any remaining loot bags.

Unfortunately, the event system did not record any progress that occurred between 5 PM PDT Sunday the 9th until 10:40 AM PDT Monday the 10th.

As compensation, we have grabbed any match data from QP matches that occurred during that time and have granted bonus loot bags.

• Up to 50 Bonus Loot bags for a match score of 50 or above between 5 PM PDT Sunday the 9th until 10:40 AM PDT Monday the 10th
  • Up to 25 Bonus Loot bags for a match score of 100 or above between 5 PM PDT Sunday the 9th until 10:40 AM PDT Monday the 10th

These are granted on the Bonus Loot Bags tab so you can still earn any remaining loot bags on the QP challenge.

These bonus loot bags will count toward unlocking your pick a prize as well, so be sure to redeem for the Heavy Champion ‘Mech of your choice. Check it out at the LOOT BAG AND PICK A PRIZE PAGE

Again we are sorry for the mix-up and hope you find this solution adequate.

The MechWarrior Online Team!

#2 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:30 AM

Perfect, thanks.

#3 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:33 AM

Very nice, and good on you for this PGI.

#4 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:37 AM

Fantastic! Thank you!

#5 Coffeeghoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:14 AM

Thanks a lot!
I couldn't participate on the faction play events, though. Should have played 7 more games today, to get the remaing 14 bags for the free Mech. ;)

#6 Sengir79

Rookie

• The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:19 AM

I mean this is great and all, but this is literally giving EXTRA bags to those who didn't finish the event and those of us who finished the event early get penalised for doing so :/

Yes I understand the event ended earlier than it should and players didn't finish but they now have the chance to finish the event over the next few days.

So what happens to those of us who actually got everything done???

Understand i'm not trying to be greedy here but it's possible that some players may have a full 75 extra bags, which is a lot considering what is in them AND they have the opportunity to earn the rest of the bags as well. One or the other would be sufficient, not both.

#7 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:39 AM

View PostSengir79, on 10 September 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

I mean this is great and all, but this is literally giving EXTRA bags to those who didn't finish the event and those of us who finished the event early get penalised for doing so :/

Yes I understand the event ended earlier than it should and players didn't finish but they now have the chance to finish the event over the next few days.

Understand i'm not trying to be greedy here but it's possible that some players may have a full 75 extra bags, which is a lot considering what is in them AND they have the opportunity to earn the rest of the bags as well. One or the other would be sufficient, not both.

ROFL, indeed. It's kinda... helpful but not really, so to say.

Edited by Horseman, 10 September 2018 - 11:47 AM.

#8 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:50 AM

Yea, kinda annoying, but meh, whatever.

#9 easyday

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:52 AM

With such an apologize you are allowed to make more mistakes like this... ;)

Thanks!

#10 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:00 PM

Ha, and here i thought completing the even before the deadline was a good idea so I could take a break Sunday :P

Damn PGI, gib meh muh bownuss behgs !!

#11 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:10 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 10 September 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

AFTERMATH EVENT RESOLUTION

Sh*t happens. You guys took ownership of the error and made things right.

/respect.

o7

#12 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:13 PM

Nice recovery PGI, well done.

#13 Pumpkin Spice Templar

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:13 PM

Bless you PGI <3 <3

#14 Admiral Ackbar 86

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:14 PM

Have you checked your loot bag page? I had finished the event and I received bonus bags for games played on Sunday.

#15 Elad

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:26 PM

View PostAdmiral Ackbar 86, on 10 September 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

Have you checked your loot bag page? I had finished the event and I received bonus bags for games played on Sunday.

Same here, can't say that I'm upset and getting extra goodies for just playing the game like I normally would. Was a nice surprise.

#16 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:33 PM

View PostAdmiral Ackbar 86, on 10 September 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

Can't speak for everyone else, but I prefer Faction Play whenever possible, so I I didn't play any QP last night, instead playing a few hours of FP. I'd probably have done QP instead if I knew I'd get more loot bags for it, but meh, it's probably 300 MC or so and maybe a warhorn or two. Not the end of the world, but a bit annoying.

#17 Master Smitty

Rookie

• The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAt war in my Mech

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:48 PM

I have the TSP pack and even with some FP bags an all the QP bags, I can't get the free mech. Which I bet, is the case for a lot of people. I guess if I had played more on Sunday I would have gotten enough BONUS bags to get it. But, I'm happy to see a lot of those that were in the same position as I am, will now be able to get the free mech.

#18 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:54 PM

Don't care about the free mech, have way to many mechs as it is atm. But glade I can finish some of these missions done, since I was not home on the weekend. Thx pgi.

#19 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:54 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 10 September 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

Up to 50 Bonus Loot bags for a match score of 50 or above between 5 PM PDT Sunday the 9th until 10:40 AM PDT Monday the 10th
Up to 25 Bonus Loot bags for a match score of 100 or above between 5 PM PDT Sunday the 9th until 10:40 AM PDT Monday the 10th

View PostMaster Smitty, on 10 September 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

I have the TSP pack and even with some FP bags an all the QP bags, I can't get the free mech. Which I bet, is the case for a lot of people. I guess if I had played more on Sunday I would have gotten enough BONUS bags to get it. But, I'm happy to see a lot of those that were in the same position as I am, will now be able to get the free mech.

Yup. PGI should just make it possible to get the remainder of bonus bags by playing QP until the event's over. This would also cover players who were unable to get in on the FP part of the event (or didn't complete it because they didn't know about scoutng)

#20 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:12 PM

Had it finished sometime yesterday, but nice to hear the extension worked and some more can get their free mech.

(And thanks for the Grasshopper recommendations, plays quite nicely with 2LPL+5ERML.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users