• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:09 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 14 September 2018 - 05:40 PM, said:

===== Initial Event Review =====
(And some reply to others...)

Actually, the only questionable one out of those three is the "100 Components Destroyed", directly due to an In-Game Bug that can cause those to not register. Everyone should know by now that Teamwork is a thing, and people should learn how to use it and not be too greedy! There's also the Issue with the Tuesday Monthly Update to MWO, which warrants adding a minimum of 3 Extra Hours to the Event Timer. If the game will be down temporarily, why cost people time that they couldn't play? Posted Image

For the moment, I would start the Event off with an...

8.5/10

...with Recommendation To PGI that they...
  • push out the Event Timer's Ending Point by 3 Hours, in order to end at 8 PM PDT on Sept.19th, 2018, because of the Monthly Update Patch
  • only ask for "60 Components Destroyed" due directly to that In-Game Bug preventing some from registering
...and other than that, I think I need to head for the battlefields. I'm rather happy that they're allowing ALL Game Modes again with This Event! So, see you all out there! Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "This one seems off to a better start than usual, but could use just that little bit of improvement." Devnull

Going to go with - the components won't take long from past experience but in QP the Lance in Formation...... sloooow (FP incoming for that one)

#23 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:29 AM

===== Event Review, Update #1 =====
(And a few extra replies...)

Alright, everyone... First off, I missed a few things in my last posting. Popping down a copy of my last here, sticking with it the pertinent additional quotes, and getting to things...

View PostD V Devnull, on 14 September 2018 - 05:40 PM, said:

<<<snip>>>

For the moment, I would start the Event off with an...

8.5/10

...with Recommendation To PGI that they...
  • push out the Event Timer's Ending Point by 3 Hours, in order to end at 8 PM PDT on Sept.19th, 2018, because of the Monthly Update Patch
  • only ask for "60 Components Destroyed" due directly to that In-Game Bug preventing some from registering
...and other than that, I think I need to head for the battlefields. I'm rather happy that they're allowing ALL Game Modes again with This Event! So, see you all out there! Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "This one seems off to a better start than usual, but could use just that little bit of improvement." Devnull

View Postaardappelianen, on 14 September 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

Maybe a bit more c-bills for the uav challenge would be nice since you'll be spending them on the uav's Posted Image

View PostAppogee, on 14 September 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

Thanks Matt, another good event.

One little thing: I checked the event browser (in game and out) just a few hours ago, and there was no 'upcoming event' listed. So I actually logged off and didn't play for the past few hours when I could have been.

It would help me schedule my private life to ensure I make time for MWO - which would help drive up my and others' participation - if you gave us a day's notice or something via the upcoming event features.

But again, thanks.

View PostAramuside, on 15 September 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

Going to go with - the components won't take long from past experience but in QP the Lance in Formation...... sloooow (FP incoming for that one)

...and thus it appears...
  • Some people may have funding problems regarding UAV usage
    (Frankly, I can't fault them as I've encountered this myself. Event Rating will be updated in regard to this, albeit by a slightly lesser amount than I would normally shift with. A person's Teammates should be providing cover fire to allow UAV placement, so make sure to communicate with everyone on your Team! I could safely agree however with a request to PGI that they up the Reward (C-Bills) to compensate for the UAV usage a little bit here.)
  • There is a valid concern with the lack of an Announcement ahead of time
    (Damn, I had the feeling someone would bring this up before I got back here to note that I had noticed this myself. Now I have to weight it heavier than I was going to, or I fail to put the meaning to it which this particular Issue has.)
  • Some, albeit not all, might be able to make it past PGI's Bug regarding Component Destruction
    (I wish them well in trying, but this doesn't cover most of the current Player Base. PGI is rather severely in need of fixing this, as when you blow a Side Torso off, the Arm should still add an extra bonus count if it's still attached at that point. Being as I mentioned this one earlier, I will not be altering the Event Rating in response to this item. Should there be a deluge of aggravation in regard to this however, that would force a Rating Change. I'll definitely be listening on this one.)
  • Many, albeit not all, may have trouble with Lance In Formation bonus acquisition
    (While I understand how some may feel in regard to this, I'm not altering the Event Rating. Why? I've seen this pour in without regard to Game Mode. I could probably agree that PGI could safely decrease the number needed to about 80, though. However, I will offer advice here. Always try to stay right in the center between your Lancemates when possible, and you can potentially force your whole Lance to earn it. Sometimes it is better to be the Support Anchor instead of the Front-Liner, in order to be a Team-Minded Player. Good Luck!)
...and this forces an Update to my Event Rating. As a surprise, I'm going to be monitoring feedback to PGI a bit more closely on this Event, and see if I can keep my Event Rating more on-track with it. Right now, we're at...

7.75/10

...but I do hope those with UAVs get some really good luck so they won't end up overspending. Good luck out there on the battlefields, people! I really hope PGI catches wind of the Event-damaging Issues shortly and puts some fixes on that, as I would like to see this Event improve. If they could do better at analyzing cause-and-effect before release, they would do one heck of a lot better at setting these up with perfect quality, which would finally leave me nothing to complain about. That would really be a surprise if I didn't find myself complaining about something, and wanted to hand out a '10/10' or better. :)

With the above out of the way, there's one additional note which I want to reply to...

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 14 September 2018 - 09:36 PM, said:

Is anyone else having reward redemption issues? I got the missiles one in about 10 minutes and redeemed from the event page but the hanging item hasn't shown up so I don't know if it registered properly. It says it's been redeemed both on the site and in-game so ???

View PostShadowhack, on 14 September 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

I am too :/ Got the MC, probs got the CB, but no cockpit items

Hello, you two. Have you tried Signing Out and Signing In again, or perhaps launching to 'The Academy'/'Testing Grounds'/'Another Match' at all? When you Redeem from the Website, it does NOT currently give you an In-Game Redemption Pop-Up, and requires that you leave the MechLab temporarily. Please try to always Redeem from the In-Game Event Browser whenever you possibly can. Frankly, I think we can all agree that PGI should re-configure the Website Event Browser to provide the customary In-Game Redemption Pop-Up after going through 'Re-Login'/'The Academy'/'Testing Grounds'/'Another Match' after clicking to Redeem, as to prevent people from being so heavily confused. :mellow:

~Mr. D. V. "Trying to help PGI with perfecting This Event, so they can do better with Future Events." Devnull

[Edit by Post Author to add something they forgot to respond to... Damn!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 15 September 2018 - 01:39 AM.

#24 Daemonara

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 92 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:01 AM

Looks like a great event! Posted Image

#25 Shadowhack

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:15 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 15 September 2018 - 01:29 AM, said:

Hello, you two. Have you tried Signing Out and Signing In again, or perhaps launching to 'The Academy'/'Testing Grounds'/'Another Match' at all? When you Redeem from the Website, it does NOT currently give you an In-Game Redemption Pop-Up, and requires that you leave the MechLab temporarily. Please try to always Redeem from the In-Game Event Browser whenever you possibly can. Frankly, I think we can all agree that PGI should re-configure the Website Event Browser to provide the customary In-Game Redemption Pop-Up after going through 'Re-Login'/'The Academy'/'Testing Grounds'/'Another Match' after clicking to Redeem, as to prevent people from being so heavily confused. Posted Image

Already had gone through a number of matches with no change, but signing out and back in worked. Thanks for the suggestions!

#26 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:45 AM

View PostMajor Major Catch 22, on 14 September 2018 - 08:49 PM, said:

Hey did it in 8 faction matches, maybe give it a try?
good luck

It's just pretty much the most unfun "challenge" possible.
Doable in a group of course.
In potato wonderland a.k.a. quickplay you'll find yourself and your 70 ton warhammer in alpha lance deciding which of those two 150 kph lights (who're speeding of in different direction) to follow.
Or you stick with the other mech who's currently afk at the spawn.
Very challenging, much tactical, indeed.

Oh, but i will still do it.
The reward table of this event (like the other recent events too) is just too generous.
For that alone, thanks PGI!

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 15 September 2018 - 05:51 AM.

#27 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:59 AM

For my taste, the event seems a bit generic.
Like in:
Just play, and click on “redeem” from time to time.
No grand price for a bigger challenge like the 500 match score thing during last event.

#28 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:38 AM

I suppose goodies come after the event in one big delivery? It says 'redeemed' on my event page, but not injection note yet...

#29 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:01 AM

View PostKuaron, on 15 September 2018 - 07:59 AM, said:

Like in:
No grand price for a bigger challenge like the 500 match score thing during last event.

Events like the last one (combined FP/QP loot bag) should remain the exception, not the rule. I would have been perfectly fine without an event for a weekend to skill up the mechs i bought in the last sale. This one is fine and somewhat inbetween, i can pick up all but two of the rewards while i go as "added value". As for the component one: If it happens it happens, if not then not. I will not go out of my way for the "Lance in formation" though.
This is fine.

With a big incentive for completing all parts every weekend i would enjoy the game less, not more. The big events and challanges should still be that: "Events", not "regular weekend".

/edit: The titles for the individual objectives still made me smile, good job again @Matt!

Just my 2c

Edited by FallGuy0815, 15 September 2018 - 09:02 AM.

#30 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:43 AM

Fire ze missiles?

But I am le tired.

#31 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:57 AM

I am le tired of events used to stimulate player population instead of fixing the game code. I am also le tired of a useless matchmaking / psr system that cannot account for a lack of intelligence or common sense on the part of the players, their total lack of skill which regardless sees everyone eventually promoted to the top tier. I am also le tired of fight or flight instincts of people who for all their talk at the start of a match go with flight even in the middle of the match.

#32 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 15 September 2018 - 10:33 AM

Good event, except "100 components destroyed"!

#33 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:20 PM

I'll skipping the UAV Challenge as the last time we had that challenge, the game would only give me credit for 1 or 2 mechs per match vs a lance (I guess it only counting individual locks) though it does go hand in hand with the Missile challenge and AMS challenges. Locks-> Lurms-> much needed AMS.

#34 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:28 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 14 September 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

"Earn 100 Lance in Formation"

Posted Image

My god having to stick with your team! how horrible!

#35 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:46 PM

View PostHalf Ear, on 14 September 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

• Archive these 12 challenges in any mode. Buy a Tournament Supporter Pack to Earn an additional 250 K C-Bills Per Challenge.
ROFL.. yes, lets archive those challenges..

Just want to stress this.. Not just on the website but also in game.. Why Archive instead of Achieve? Did ya like the R more than the E? Is this a hint of things to come?

/tinfoil hat time!!!!

Or did someone start hitting the tap a tad early???

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 15 September 2018 - 02:48 PM.

#36 Jon McFuzzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 144 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:22 PM

TSP Owners - have you received the additional bonus from this event?

#37 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:20 PM

TSP bonuses have always been injected after the events ended.

#38 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:29 PM

Usually injected after that specific event/category is over with, when an event is broken up into sections instead of all at once.

#39 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:16 PM

Another event knocked out, although suiciding UAVs took my AMS down to 166. Oof. Will have to play some more piranhas before patch day to make it up!

View Postaardappelianen, on 14 September 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

Maybe a bit more c-bills for the uav challenge would be nice since you'll be spending them on the uav's Posted Image

How much is a Vulcan ship worth to you?

#40 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:24 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 15 September 2018 - 05:45 AM, said:

It's just pretty much the most unfun "challenge" possible.
Doable in a group of course.
In potato wonderland a.k.a. quickplay you'll find yourself and your 70 ton warhammer in alpha lance deciding which of those two 150 kph lights (who're speeding of in different direction) to follow.
Or you stick with the other mech who's currently afk at the spawn.
Very challenging, much tactical, indeed.

Oh, but i will still do it.
The reward table of this event (like the other recent events too) is just too generous.
For that alone, thanks PGI!

You can take Company Command in the waiting room, and move around mechs all you like, and then resign.
The B33f did that to me and I didn't even notice (I was in a Shard in Charlie Lance, and like WTH?)
Then I did it the next match.

View PostKuaron, on 15 September 2018 - 07:59 AM, said:

Like in:

It is called the weekend warrior challenge.
And everyone prefers to not have LRM day, so I think it's great. Got mine done in under 24-30 hours.

View PostArkhangel, on 15 September 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

My god having to stick with your team! how horrible!

Agree, easily done in a few FP games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users