• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:23 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 16 September 2018 - 10:22 PM, said:

until the straggler goes down...
And then everyone else dies in the 12 v 11 fight and the straggler is in a fresh assault mech, farming KDR from the remaining enemies Posted Image
I've seen that happen before.

Edited by Horseman, 16 September 2018 - 11:24 PM.

#62 Ghost of Kerensky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:38 PM

View PostHorseman, on 16 September 2018 - 11:23 PM, said:

And then everyone else dies in the 12 v 11 fight and the straggler is in a fresh assault mech, farming KDR from the remaining enemies Posted Image

Wait, were you in that game on Solaris City a few hours ago, that one reconnect who just stomped their last three guys?

#63 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:47 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 16 September 2018 - 03:07 AM, said:

Just letting you know you have hit this completionists FTSIO point.

%20https://i.imgur.com/3Iji0is.jpg%20

For more information on what a FTSIO point is see below

Spoiler

I could do it easily enough if i want to focus on those things, in a few matches, but for those rewards for that amount of time, yeah nah.

Works great if you're receiving the 250k bonus per part. ;)

I just did them (AMS excluded which took 2 matches) as part of my normal play while working up skills on 3 new mechs.

I definitely like bonuses for just playing. Posted Image

#64 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:55 PM

View PostGuy Humual, on 16 September 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

I think this 100 components thing is going to take me well over 100 matches, I remember barely getting it last time this was up, and I think that was a week long event.

A decent SRM boat or an lbx one will farm components at a good rate. I did mine in a SRM 24 shadowcat of all things. ;)

#65 Rhaezor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationPT

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:07 AM

great simple event, thanks!

#66 Todd Marshall

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:18 AM

Nice event! Did enjoy! Keep it up!

#67 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:36 AM

View PostHorseman, on 16 September 2018 - 11:23 PM, said:

G to the H. So glad I'm out of T5-3 bracket. He did that multiple times, guessing that's his move. When I see patterns like that I sit with that person and tell everyone that's what they do, and 'have their 6' until they start moving.

#68 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:40 AM

View PostERescue, on 16 September 2018 - 02:59 AM, said:

@BumbaCLot: In a sort of continuation from the other thread, my situation looks as follows after six games total:

5/5 victories (insanely lucky here)
3/25 kills / KMDDs (split 2 / 1)
29/50 assists
570/500 ballistic damage (all C-MGs)
0/500 missle damage
160/500 energy damage (all C-ER Med. laser)
2/100 components
446/500 missiles shot down
0/100 lance in formation
962/2500 match score
0/3 solo kills
30/50 UAV detections

Those were all Piranha matches in QP. Going pick to something else (a bit bigger and slower) now so I can get the missile damage started as well as the lance in formations (, which were not doable as the fast lances scattered too much and usually lost multiple Mechs before I went down).

@All: UAV detection has not been a problem so far. Component destruction has as I am about 99,99% sure that I have sawed off more than 2 limbs... Posted Image Shooting down missiles... Well, considering some of the Mechs I am going to try, by the time the event ends that number will probably be multiple thousands.

@D V Devnull: While there is a distinct chance I might fail some categories (not sure how much game time I get tomorrow, etc.) I am going to give this event a 9 / 10, deducting one for the high requirement of partially buggery component destructions. Everything else should be very easy for good players and in theory achievable by even me. Posted Image

I can't confirm or deny there is a component destroyed bug, are you sure such a thing exists or are you taking it on someone's authority?

#69 BonzaiB

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:36 PM

Anyone else not seeing Cockpit items being distributed? It says I should be seeing a variety of them and nothing is showing when I go to use them.

#70 BonzaiB

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:04 PM

View PostBonzaiB, on 17 September 2018 - 09:36 PM, said:

Anyone else not seeing Cockpit items being distributed? It says I should be seeing a variety of them and nothing is showing when I go to use them.

So completely quit the game and came back in and now I can see the cockpit items. Weird.

#71 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:28 AM

Nice event again PGI!

#72 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:13 AM

great ...1 Day and 8 Hours and now Servers under Maintance Service...

#73 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:49 AM

why are you acting surprised, i wonder? Like you didn't know for weeks in advance?

#74 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:54 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 18 September 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

great ...1 Day and 8 Hours and now Servers under Maintance Service...

The event started on the weekend and most of the goals could easily be done in a day. Pretty much 1 day on my IS main, 1 day on my Clan alt and some extra matches for the grindier UAV, Component and Lance In Formation goals.

Edited by Horseman, 18 September 2018 - 09:54 AM.

#75 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:16 AM

so, still no Ghost drop Challenge ?

#76 Guy Humual

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:43 AM

View PostAramuside, on 16 September 2018 - 11:55 PM, said:

A decent SRM boat or an lbx one will farm components at a good rate. I did mine in a SRM 24 shadowcat of all things. Posted Image

Well I haven't had luck with SRMs so far, I have a bunch of mechs that use them, I got a mauler with 4 LBX10s but I didn't get to shave a single component in the one match I used it. I've gotten few over the last 4 days but as the event draws to a close I'm sitting at 62 with all other objectives completed.

#77 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 04:50 AM

View PostGuy Humual, on 19 September 2018 - 03:43 AM, said:

Well I haven't had luck with SRMs so far, I have a bunch of mechs that use them, I got a mauler with 4 LBX10s but I didn't get to shave a single component in the one match I used it. I've gotten few over the last 4 days but as the event draws to a close I'm sitting at 62 with all other objectives completed.

Sorry to hear that. Surprised the LBX boat didn't do it for you as I often run a dual LBX20 TNS-5S brawler which generates a lot ... presuming I don't one shot the target.

#78 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:14 AM

View PostGuy Humual, on 19 September 2018 - 03:43 AM, said:

Play more conservatively, let your teammates shave off enemy armor and then move in for the kill.

#79 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:48 AM

*facedesk* ... This Event needs two more days of time... or at least I would, anyway. I just lost a lot of it to something causing my ear to leave me in disabling levels of pain. Plus, the time would make up for the disruption caused by the Monthly Update Patch to MWO. -_-

~D. V. "Feeling like I've been wrongfully screwed out of one of the Challenges..." Devnull

(p.s.: 58/100 Components as of when I typed this, all other Challenges complete... And yes, there's a bug when you blow off a Side Torso and don't get the count for a Still-Attached Arm.)

#80 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:56 AM

And now there's a Maintenance Alert! I really hope we get 24 More Hours on this Event, seeing as that's a Double Patch interrupting things! :(

~D. V. "feeling like insult-upon-injury has arrived" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users