116 replies to this topic

#41 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:31 PM

Ok, so to get my 100 components, in that time I played about 10+ suicide UAV missions, some Crab with AMS missions after a bunch of GP with MS crab rushing to get my 500.

24/5 victories.
88/25 KMDD
517/50 Assists
11,392/500 Ballistic damage
4357/500 Missle damage (all SRMs)
6348/500 Energy damage
102/100 Components
515/500 missles AMS
177/100 lance in formation
8357/2500 match score
6/3 solo kills
57/50 UAV detections

So yes components took a while, but definitely doable.
UAV isn't my style as I play FP mostly, and rarely run AMS except on a Crab, and only run Crabs on GP in 12 mans.

10/10 Rating (or is it 12/12?)

#42 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:25 AM

Nice fun lightweight challenge after the bag event.

Jumped in group to finish the last lance and components but mainly because it was more chill to drop with friends. :)

#43 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:28 AM

View PostBumbaCLot, on 15 September 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

Ok, so to get my 100 components, in that time I played about 10+ suicide UAV missions, some Crab with AMS missions after a bunch of GP with MS crab rushing to get my 500.

24/5 victories.
88/25 KMDD
517/50 Assists
11,392/500 Ballistic damage
4357/500 Missle damage (all SRMs)
6348/500 Energy damage
102/100 Components
515/500 missles AMS
177/100 lance in formation
8357/2500 match score
6/3 solo kills
57/50 UAV detections

So yes components took a while, but definitely doable.
UAV isn't my style as I play FP mostly, and rarely run AMS except on a Crab, and only run Crabs on GP in 12 mans.

10/10 Rating (or is it 12/12?)

Thankfully I didn't have to suicide but probably used too many UAV's as was using just as part of my normal play.

The easiest bit was summed up by my comment on mechspecs: "just destroyed 463 missiles in my first match in a triple ams nova..... Posted Image ". Oddly was group queue for that and ran out of ams ammo very quickly. Posted Image

Edited by Aramuside, 16 September 2018 - 12:29 AM.

#44 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:59 AM

@BumbaCLot: In a sort of continuation from the other thread, my situation looks as follows after six games total:

5/5 victories (insanely lucky here)
3/25 kills / KMDDs (split 2 / 1)
29/50 assists
570/500 ballistic damage (all C-MGs)
0/500 missle damage
160/500 energy damage (all C-ER Med. laser)
2/100 components
446/500 missiles shot down
0/100 lance in formation
962/2500 match score
0/3 solo kills
30/50 UAV detections

Those were all Piranha matches in QP. Going pick to something else (a bit bigger and slower) now so I can get the missile damage started as well as the lance in formations (, which were not doable as the fast lances scattered too much and usually lost multiple Mechs before I went down).

@All: UAV detection has not been a problem so far. Component destruction has as I am about 99,99% sure that I have sawed off more than 2 limbs... :( Shooting down missiles... Well, considering some of the Mechs I am going to try, by the time the event ends that number will probably be multiple thousands.

@D V Devnull: While there is a distinct chance I might fail some categories (not sure how much game time I get tomorrow, etc.) I am going to give this event a 9 / 10, deducting one for the high requirement of partially buggery component destructions. Everything else should be very easy for good players and in theory achievable by even me. :D

#45 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:07 AM

Just letting you know you have hit this completionists FTSIO point.

Posted Image

For more information on what a FTSIO point is see below

Spoiler

I could do it easily enough if i want to focus on those things, in a few matches, but for those rewards for that amount of time, yeah nah.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 16 September 2018 - 01:24 PM.

#46 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:20 AM

Some of its a grind , that lance and components challenge is the only challenge I have yet to complete .

Edited by DarkFhoenix, 16 September 2018 - 05:21 AM.

#47 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:32 AM

Just noticed that AMS and LAMS shoots down missiles thru rocks on Caustics Valley. Nice coding xD

#48 RCore

• PipPipPip
  • The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:55 AM

The 100 components challenge is a real grind... SRMs and Dakka!

Although I wonder if it'll be much quicker done by Scouting. Didn't see people playing that though.

#49 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:58 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 16 September 2018 - 03:07 AM, said:

Just letting you know you have hit this completionists FTSIO point.

%20https://i.imgur.com/3Iji0is.jpg%20

For more information on what a FTSIO point is see below

Spoiler

I could do it easily enough if i want to focus on those things, in a few matches, but for those rewards for that amount of time, yeah nah.

It's not like you are winning a free mech/camo/chances for millions and millions of cbills/MC. It's called weekend warrior as people just playing the game on the weekend can play their normal schedule/playstyles and at the end click redeem.
Just have fun and do your thing.
You actually inspired me to do the UAV suiciding, as I'd only went for massive damage in scouting prior and that's a valid tactic in it.

#50 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:45 AM

View PostAramuside, on 16 September 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

Thankfully I didn't have to suicide but probably used too many UAV's as was using just as part of my normal play.

The easiest bit was summed up by my comment on mechspecs: "just destroyed 463 missiles in my first match in a triple ams nova..... Posted Image ". Oddly was group queue for that and ran out of ams ammo very quickly. Posted Image

I only have AMS on my crab but I do have a Purifier I don't play and put a laser AMS and some lasers on it, turned override on and jumped into the caldera on Caustic until I exploded! Good times!
I've seen less LRMs in Tier 2 and mainly only had to deal with them in group Queue the last few days.

#51 Righter8

• PipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:32 AM

Hey PGI.
Always appreciate these events with reachable goals and plenty of time to complete them. The rewards are decent as well, especially for new players.
However, I don’t appreciate playing in a match, having the game client crash, rejoining the match in less than the 2 minute window and not receiving the credit earned during the match. This is something that’s been an issue for some time.
Players losing game xp, cbills, event credit; all because the client is unstable. Lately, it seems every game has a disco or two. Not just myself but other players. Games are decided by these issues.

Please help yourselves by keeping the game fun and fixing this issue.

Thanks

#52 Vorpal Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:02 AM

Something is definitely messed up with components destroyed counting. I'm seeing the same sort of ratio of just barely over one component destroyed per kill/kmd that the other guy with 88 kills/kmd and 102 components destroyed posted. That just doesn't seem right. Not every kill is a CT core - lights get legged all the time before you kill them, stripped arms get blown off, certain mechs you always target a specific side torso, etc. It just doesn't add up.

#53 Iron Lemur

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:18 AM

View PostVorpal Puppy, on 16 September 2018 - 09:02 AM, said:

Something is definitely messed up with components destroyed counting. I'm seeing the same sort of ratio of just barely over one component destroyed per kill/kmd that the other guy with 88 kills/kmd and 102 components destroyed posted. That just doesn't seem right. Not every kill is a CT core - lights get legged all the time before you kill them, stripped arms get blown off, certain mechs you always target a specific side torso, etc. It just doesn't add up.

I've said this before, but event stats aren't normal. You have multiple people competing for things happening in game that are often at cross purposes. The folks chasing solo kills (and, to a lesser degree, Kills/KMDD) aren't playing the same way as the folks trying to pile up on components destroyed. And they're going to get in each others way. And the kills are generally going to win.

Anecdotally, I completed all but the components destroyed in a few hours of play. And then spent most of yesterday evening, and an embarrassingly large chunk of today, reeling in my final 40 components.

#54 Guy Humual

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:31 AM

I think this 100 components thing is going to take me well over 100 matches, I remember barely getting it last time this was up, and I think that was a week long event.

#55 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:23 PM

View PostBumbaCLot, on 16 September 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

It's not like you are winning a free mech/camo/chances for millions and millions of cbills/MC. It's called weekend warrior as people just playing the game on the weekend can play their normal schedule/playstyles and at the end click redeem.
Just have fun and do your thing.
You actually inspired me to do the UAV suiciding, as I'd only went for massive damage in scouting prior and that's a valid tactic in it.

I did the UAV's and the AMS requirements in a light mech, the best map for the uav one is HPG you just run through the basement and launch UAV in the middle of them as you exit the enemy side.

#56 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:34 PM

Ha! Ask anyone in my unit, I have a .66 KDR in QP and FP. I only shoot CTs and never get kills and put out loads of damage!

#57 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,695 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:13 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 15 September 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

My god having to stick with your team! how horrible!

The major caveat is that each member of your lance has to stick with you as well.
If just one of them chooses not to cooperate, everyone else misses out on the bonus.

Edited by Horseman, 16 September 2018 - 10:15 PM.

#58 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:22 PM

until the straggler goes down...

#59 Ghost of Kerensky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:34 PM

I really like this event, wish we had more like it. Just a nice light freebie to encourage some play. Honestly I'd like it a lot more if we got like 50 MC a challenge too, even if it meant the CBill reward was smaller. Like 100k + 50 each. Could always use some more colours patterns and stuff.
Edit: I was originally thinking of saying 25 MC a challenge. Unbeknownst to me you actually DO get 25 MCs too. Well now I feel dumb. I'd still appreciate maybe enough to buy say a colour, but at least I don't feel cheated. Just dissatisfied with the cost of most things like always. I'm that guy who thinks all colours and patterns should be cheaper, more free ones, etc. I'd spend a lot more if I was actually getting my moneys worth.

Edited by Ghost of Kerensky, 17 September 2018 - 12:09 AM.

#60 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:14 PM

Much event farming there is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users