#61 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:51 PM

View PostFrozen Spirit Jac, on 21 October 2018 - 04:35 AM, said:

1st day i got these, they appeared tanky, now I am having second thoughts and thinking the armor is really paper mache with glitter on it. Beautiful mech, but damn i have seen more lights take serious damage and still not go down as fast as the champion. Probably why I am not seeing anyone using them now, even though it has only been a week since launch. MW4 version appeared a lot more tankier. Oh well after this challenge another group of mechs to shelf.
Actually correcting this, Just played in an Assassin and that can take more direct fire than these new Champion mechs. Disappointed.

that's because apparently you don't know how to armor angle worth @#$%, and/or it's a mech much different than what you're used to piloting. that Assassin of yours is only living longer because it's thin and tall, not short and wide.

don't judge a mech based on how much you suck in it. anyone who's ever piloted an Ebon Jag, King Crab or Marauder'd feel right at home in a Champion and use it effectively.

Edited by Arkhangel, 21 October 2018 - 08:52 PM.

#62 Frozen Spirit Jac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:07 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 21 October 2018 - 08:51 PM, said:

that's because apparently you don't know how to armor angle worth @#$%, and/or it's a mech much different than what you're used to piloting. that Assassin of yours is only living longer because it's thin and tall, not short and wide.

don't judge a mech based on how much you suck in it. anyone who's ever piloted an Ebon Jag, King Crab or Marauder'd feel right at home in a Champion and use it effectively.

Wow Arky, salt much on the forums? Not all of us a perfect with every mech and we like to express how we feel while piloting but sledging a fellow mechwarrior simply because he doesn't sync. As for Marauder and King Crab (and Ebon - don't know don't care), I have no problem with them but that's ok I guess You are an expert on knowing who sucks. Next mech that comes out I will come to you because I am sure you know what is right and what isn't, or who sucks and who doesn't suck. L

#63 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:05 PM

no need to necro this topic.
getting the "last" word in .........months later looks bad dude, let it go and move on.

View PostFrozen Spirit Jac, on 21 October 2018 - 04:35 AM, said:

salt snip ....why I am not seeing champion mech.... snip salt
But since you did I'll give you a different answer then Arkhangel, but more cordial.

As a mostly light pilot I really like the Champion mech. I don't play it like an assault, nor a commando chaser but its certainly a nice mech when full armor skilled up and played like a medium, plus never put XL in IS mech.
Its like how the cicada is a medium-"light", well the champ is a heavy-"medium".

The Champion mech is still randomly seen in quickplay matches on North America servers during prime time, but not so much outside of prime time. And then again its not like 4 years ago when only a dozen mech types were in game, because now theres +80 types of mechs with +750 variants. (Approximate conservative-numbers since can't look up that data again atm).

Also I'm currently enjoying all the loyalty mechs and vapor eagles before the hatamato chi and charger variants drop so imo for those who got champ its just the timing thing and also its was scarce since it wasn't very popular to purchase because of its extra-wide body/wings.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users