Solaris 7 Season 3 And Champion Mech Challenge Events

62 replies to this topic

#41 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:29 AM

Sitting with a friend in 2v2 que for about 2-3 hours now.. managed to get 5 games so far (4 of which have been against another 2 guys).

Extremely frustrating tbh.

Also, i can't find myself on the ranking for season 2.. i'm on the overall ranking 201 place but n/a on every division. What am i missing?

#42 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:31 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 18 October 2018 - 04:29 AM, said:

Sitting with a friend in 2v2 que for about 2-3 hours now.. managed to get 5 games so far (4 of which have been against another 2 guys).

Also, i can't find myself on the ranking for season 2.. i'm on the overall ranking 201 place but n/a on every division. What am i missing?

You did not do 25 matches in any specific division.

#43 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:34 AM

View PostMrKvola, on 18 October 2018 - 05:31 AM, said:

You did not do 25 matches in any specific division.

Thanks!

#44 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 18 October 2018 - 06:03 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 18 October 2018 - 04:29 AM, said:

I did like 60 2v2 games last night... it was actually popping! Fought some KCOM guys, some Goon/CSPS guys, and some other guys from HHoD quite a lot. It was fun. One pair of guys asked us if we could let them win so they could complete the event after we beat them like 3-4 times in a row... we said no because we didn't want to cheapen their win! Hahah.... good times.

I was in 2nd in Div5 2v2 last I checked, but I'm pretty sure Majinga and Merata Kell will rocket up above me soon enough.

#45 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:24 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 18 October 2018 - 06:03 AM, said:

I did like 60 2v2 games last night... it was actually popping! Fought some KCOM guys, some Goon/CSPS guys, and some other guys from HHoD quite a lot. It was fun. One pair of guys asked us if we could let them win so they could complete the event after we beat them like 3-4 times in a row... we said no because we didn't want to cheapen their win! Hahah.... good times.

I was in 2nd in Div5 2v2 last I checked, but I'm pretty sure Majinga and Merata Kell will rocket up above me soon enough.

We gave up after another 20 minutes, still missing some division. Maybe more luck later today.

#46 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:28 AM

View PostLaser Kiwi, on 17 October 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

You misunderstand, he isn't claiming hacks, hes claiming that people are gaming the system by organizing wins and losses in a beneficial manner, nothing to do with good players and whether they hack or not. Also plenty of players have gone a long time in this game getting good scores before getting the cheat ban so the answer to your last question is "no"

Well he did say cheating, hacking, and fraud. So that paints a broad brush.
My main point is that under 2-300 people finished the required 25 games last season. So anyone who did, regardless of skill level got top 500. Did I take sub optimal or unskilled mechs to grind out my 25 games per division? Absolutely! Ask any of the top players playing last week. Did I also drop with unit mates? Yep. Did I kill them sometimes even when they needed to win to potentially hop a threshold that ended up not mattering? Sure did!
So before writing something off as full of cheats, hackers, and frauds, man up and go get your butt kicked 100+ times, or build and take the right mech, and THEN get your butt kicked and acknowledge you aren't a top xxxx player in 1v1.

#47 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:52 AM

had fun, did well in higher divs. though still couldn't close the gap on dakka JMs in a Victor. otherwise maintained good w/l against other brawlers.

can't figure out good builds for lower divs. lb20x HBK disappointing me.

#48 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:52 PM

View PostBumbaCLot, on 18 October 2018 - 08:28 AM, said:

Well he did say cheating, hacking, and fraud. So that paints a broad brush.
My main point is that under 2-300 people finished the required 25 games last season. So anyone who did, regardless of skill level got top 500. Did I take sub optimal or unskilled mechs to grind out my 25 games per division? Absolutely! Ask any of the top players playing last week. Did I also drop with unit mates? Yep. Did I kill them sometimes even when they needed to win to potentially hop a threshold that ended up not mattering? Sure did!
So before writing something off as full of cheats, hackers, and frauds, man up and go get your butt kicked 100+ times, or build and take the right mech, and THEN get your butt kicked and acknowledge you aren't a top xxxx player in 1v1.

Understood, keep having fun :)

#49 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 06:26 AM

Saw the Champion in a few games last night, man that is one ugly mech. It just looks like it's begging to have lrm's rained on it.

#50 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 07:03 AM

Knocked the Solaris VII 1v1 challenges the other night. Had fun, it was better than last season.

#51 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:16 AM

Where´s the Trick or treat eventt? It iS october 19th.. typical pgi doesnt even show up in future events..In other Countrys people qould get kicked out by the Dorr after a month if they would do their job like you do and not for years^^

Edited by Mighty Spike, 19 October 2018 - 11:28 AM.

#52 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:56 AM

Well, at least they did put up an announcement of some sorts yesterday.

Somehow I imagine Matt doing armwrestling or something like that with a higher up to determine which rewards are possible, and that goes on until the last minute. Posted Image

#53 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 19 October 2018 - 01:59 PM

I Like it that the JUNGLE map get's me stuck on a 12 FPS, for some reason.

The intro cam sweep gives me 100fps though.

No good info on how solaris works in the game function and so fort.
Released and never improved ???

#54 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:57 PM

Q: I think Solaris shouldn't be devided over 3 servers, there aren't enough players even in the event time, and ping isn't a large issue in solaris it seems.

#55 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 05:52 AM

View PostRebel Ace Fryslan, on 19 October 2018 - 10:57 PM, said:

Q: I think Solaris shouldn't be devided over 3 servers, there aren't enough players even in the event time, and ping isn't a large issue in solaris it seems.

The whole game should be in 1 region right now, due to low population. A game with 45,000 players does not need 3 regions. 450,000 yes, but not 45,000. Save the money, drop EU and Oceanic, pool everyone in NA regardless of mode. When population starts to grow then we can start expanding again. Use the money saved to hire more people to fix bugs and improve the game.

#56 Garrek316

• Pip
  • General
  • General
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:17 AM

View PostRebel Ace Fryslan, on 19 October 2018 - 10:57 PM, said:

It's not really divided into 3 servers. You practically just choose your prefered server but you can drop on any server if your opponent chose a different one and wins the coin toss or whatever it is that deceides on which server the game will take place.

#57 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 20 October 2018 - 08:22 AM

Is it normal for al lthat the infor on the VERSUS-screen give no info. it's al ljust 0 0 0 0

#58 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:49 PM

View PostRebel Ace Fryslan, on 20 October 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

Is it normal for al lthat the infor on the VERSUS-screen give no info. it's al ljust 0 0 0 0

Think it updates slowly? My stats update after the next one.

#59 eishiba

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:00 PM

How do you compete? Do you have to buy certain mechs? Other than trial mechs the only champion mech i own is a cicada. I looked at the page for the champion rewards and such but I don't understand what chp-1n means.

#60 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:58 AM

View Posteishiba, on 20 October 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

How do you compete? Do you have to buy certain mechs? Other than trial mechs the only champion mech i own is a cicada. I looked at the page for the champion rewards and such but I don't understand what chp-1n means.

The Champion is the name of a new mech they released. https://mwomercs.com/champion

You have to buy it to do the event. They always do this with every new mech they release.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users