Trick Or Treat 4: Update! Phase 2 An Additional 24 Hours Starts Soon!

126 replies to this topic

#61 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 03:06 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 22 October 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

While I totally agree with you, PGI has to keep the match score that low in order to motivate the unwashed masses to try to play Solaris. I am sure it would be embarrassing if practically nobody played Solaris, during a Solaris event (and Solaris is actually the fastest way to grind these loot boxes with the match score requirement so low). Heck, with some of the players/builds I have run into this season a 50 match score isn’t a total gimme!

especially if carlo gets an early headshot on you

#62 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 05:12 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 22 October 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

Players that bad don't deserve to be rewarded. [Redacted] Imagine... people actually bringing the meta instead of garbage mechs, driven with a steering wheel!

You have to see it from multiple perspectives. While some events are indeed challenges for the players (like the recent headshot or 500 match score ones), some events are for PGI, pure participation rewards to encourage players to come back. So to do that they make the requirements low but plentiful, eg low match score but play 100-200 games, and get alot of small rewards.

#63 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 23 October 2018 - 03:37 AM

the events and matches only to much ...200 matches for the Mech ...thats 2000 minutes minimum in QP...250 Loot bags ...to much with to many unfun matches ...thats a Marathon burnout event.

For all thats have a real live and work they not have the Time for this event and ignored and ignored the Time from this Grind events while Teamplay most is not the eventgoal.

OK im have hollyday moment ,and solaris goes faster ...problem ..im hate Solaris in BT ...hate each Arenagames and never Play a Mech Beatemup 1:1 ...thats only fine in the 80th by Plays the first Video games like pong

im now have 110 Matches behind me in the last 2 Days and im tired from MWO very fast and the Matches ...PGI play you own Game and see its most not fun..and most im Become my most hated maps Viridian and Solaris ..claustophobic Maps thats not have the room for Tactics like in Battlefield 3 Close Quaters

Very fine the special Decals for the Event ...thats a amazing idea and im hope of decals and items like this for FP ...a Terra Medal...defend Luthien Decal ...Kurita Kill count Decal for examples or Militray looking Bolts (not the scrapyard mad max Crap from Solaris -ok the Zeus shoulder Bolt is amazing)

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 23 October 2018 - 03:49 AM.

#64 ultraFloon

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:54 PM

InnerSphereNews

thanks . and to the one who schedules the events Posted Image

Edited by ultraFloon, 23 October 2018 - 03:00 PM.

#65 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 03:19 PM

I have Set Phase 2 to start 24 hours Earlier!
Get them Loot Bags!

#66 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:03 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 23 October 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

I have Set Phase 2 to start 24 hours Earlier!
Get them Loot Bags!

Awesome, and Thank You for providing us with a better chance of earning those Loot Bags!!! I'll be definitely trying to get out there and score. B)

~D. V. "This is MUCH appreciated!!!" Devnull

#67 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 October 2018 - 05:11 PM

You can get a free mech starting today, with 100 matches. No need to do 200 matches, just do 150 match score from this point forward. Anything prior to today was a bonus. Quad bags on my alt. Thanks PGI! And literally you only need the 125 for a free camo, nothing really essential (and I'll probably sell the mech too)

#68 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 23 October 2018 - 11:35 PM

I still fear the 13 component Challenge. Kills are in the moment easier for me than components.

#69 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:43 AM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 23 October 2018 - 11:35 PM, said:

I still fear the 13 component Challenge. Kills are in the moment easier for me than components.

13 kills = 13 components destroyed.

#70 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:35 AM

@All: I just got insanely lucky as far as components go... Got 11, scored 3 kills of which 1 solo, 8 assists and was still alive when the match ended in a win. :) No missiles left, AMS pretty much depleted, brawled a heavily hammered Kodiak with just two standard mediums lasers left on my Archer. Really fun match! :)

@Mr. Newman: Very big thank you for the pre-emptive pre-extension! :D

#71 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:16 AM

View PostBumbaCLot, on 23 October 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

You can get a free mech starting today, with 100 matches. No need to do 200 matches, just do 150 match score from this point forward. Anything prior to today was a bonus. Quad bags on my alt. Thanks PGI! And literally you only need the 125 for a free camo, nothing really essential (and I'll probably sell the mech too)

for the free mech is 200 the Goal and 250 for the camo ...ok after 100 matches enough Cbills to buy 2 mechs

for me now the moment thats im ignored the event and not further plays many in this Event-time ...not further interest to decal or Free Mech...160 Matches enough with most horrible teamplay.
When PGI thinks to bind People with long Events for MWO so its contraproductive with grind events over more as 3-4 days

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 24 October 2018 - 04:27 AM.

#72 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:12 AM

View Postarcana75, on 24 October 2018 - 01:43 AM, said:

13 kills = 13 components destroyed.

Does it really count like that? That would be great! :)

#73 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:14 AM

View PostBuenaventura, on 20 October 2018 - 07:24 AM, said:

50 bags, ONE cockpit item. So far this is disappointing. Posted Image

You're just being lucky.
I got one cockpit item out of my last 89 bags Posted Image
But 5 more matches and I get a cockpit item from the event Posted Image
Spoiler

Edited by Humble Dexter, 24 October 2018 - 05:32 AM.

#74 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:47 AM

The best event is still the FP-event

#75 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:26 AM

It's funny with these lootbag events, consumables and GXP rewards are basically the "sorry, this bag is not a winner, please try again next time" of the event. Sure, you 'won', but really unless it's a cockpit item, MC, or premium time, it's a wasted bag.

#76 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:04 AM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 24 October 2018 - 05:12 AM, said:

Does it really count like that? That would be great! Posted Image
Unless you caused an ammo explosion, I believe. (but not sure about that part)
Otherwise, every kill is caused by a component destruction. So yes, go to town on kills!

Edited by Horseman, 24 October 2018 - 08:04 AM.

#77 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:24 PM

Can we sell back these damn consummables? never liked them, worst thing to be put in the game - but stockpiling them is quickly becoming a thing -.^ I got four in the last six bags I opened.

#78 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:39 PM

View PostHorseman, on 24 October 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

Otherwise, every kill is caused by a component destruction. So yes, go to town on kills!

IIRC ammo explosion kill is attributed to you, and if it's a damage transfer to ST/CT death you get the kill and additional component destroyed. Only heat death and fall death are considered a suicide. Collision death is attributed to the person you collided with. Happy to be wrong though.

#79 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:56 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 24 October 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

Can we sell back these damn consummables? never liked them, worst thing to be put in the game - but stockpiling them is quickly becoming a thing -.^ I got four in the last six bags I opened.

Why not use them? Cool Shot is always handy, we had once a UAV challenge and Air Strike and Artillery is fun, eve in uncoordinated QP.

It is a gimmick for 40.000 CB so enjoy.

View PostHorseman, on 24 October 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

View Postarcana75, on 24 October 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

IIRC ammo explosion kill is attributed to you, and if it's a damage transfer to ST/CT death you get the kill and additional component destroyed. Only heat death and fall death are considered a suicide. Collision death is attributed to the person you collided with. Happy to be wrong though.

Thanks for the advice guys.

#80 CodeOrange

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:00 PM

I'm pretty new to this game, and I'm greatly enjoying this event! I've gotten 209 loot bags so far (17 of which came with an MC pack, because I've been told I should get MC on sale and this looks like a good chance to do so). Out of those 209 bags, I've gotten 8 days of active premium time, 1605 MC, and 19 cockpit items (which I kind of wish I could trade in or sell or even give to a friend, but it is what it is). I hope there's a 'mech bay sale soon as I'm hoping to expand my collection!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users