How Many Ties Do You Need To Force Before You're Banned From Solaris?

45 replies to this topic

#1 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:19 AM

Seriously, this is disgusting.

Posted Image

#2 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:45 AM

Wow..The amount of elo this guy has cost anyone (decent) he ran and hid from has got to be staggering.

#3 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:29 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 30 October 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

Wow..The amount of elo this guy has cost anyone (decent) he ran and hid from has got to be staggering.

Yeah man. Luckily I was in a Wolfhound so legging him was trivial, but if I took a slow mech... I was still doing placement matches so I would have lost all the Elo.

#4 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:52 AM

Lol.

Thats actually pretty funny.

But no, I don't think you should be penalized even more for forcing a tie. I've done it twice, because **** you I'm a sore loser.

#5 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:26 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 30 October 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

But no, I don't think you should be penalized even more for forcing a tie. I've done it twice, because **** you I'm a sore loser.

Yeah I've done it once, because if you're going to take advantage of my generosity towards afk/disconnected players and afk bait me, I'm not giving you the time of day.

Like once or twice is fine and innocent. 31 times in 194 games is a pattern of bad behavior.

#6 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:40 AM

All he would have to do on say Caves is use seismic to run the opposite direction of an approaching enemy for 10 mins...no way to even find him if he did that. So, really he could tie it on that map everytime if he wanted and no one could stop him (unless they were in something really fast, which is rarer in that division)....he could maybe even take a shot every few mins to defend against the charge of “non-participation” but nobody wants to be a part of 10 minutes of that kind of nonsense.

To be clear: ties are fine (occasionally you do find yourself in a stand-off or just with no weapons), but they should be rare and not part of a regular strategy. Imho anyway...

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 30 October 2018 - 01:50 PM.

#7 Endo Clad Kiwi

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 07:26 PM

Played a match earlier today, against the muppet that I presume this original post is about.
This mode is about a one vs one battle. I get that surprise and hit and run tactics should be a viable strategy along with brute force and turret mech play.
But this is just rediculous. The number of tie games was astronomical compared to wins and losses.
This player barely shot at me the entire match and was constantly running away. Luckily I was in a fast enough mech to keep chasing and managed after several attempts to misdirect the player by playing the seismic sensor game. I got enough shots in to secure the win.
But it was blatantly obvious this player was not trying to fight very much at all. The fact that my srr rating was around 1900 versus the opponents 1300ish may be part of this.
I got 1 point for the win, I'm guessing the penalty for the draw would have been severe.

#8 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:21 PM

Name and shame that ****

#9 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:30 PM

Looking at the number of nodes in the sensor tree, he didn't even think of seismic, before this thread.

#10 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 30 November 2018 - 11:06 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 30 October 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

I've done it twice, because **** you I'm a sore loser.

99% of ties are exactly this. I hate ties above all else in this game. “I cant win and this is the only way i have to hurt you.”

Solaris isnt a “lets be civil play our best” mode. Its play to win. That means playing like an ******* sometimes. And sometimes a tie happens. Ive had a player use all his ammo to peel all my guns off. We spent the last six minutes running into one another on the catwalks in the factory trying to do crash damage and push the other off. There have been a couple of ties where thats just how the match played out. Youre already penalized as a loss with a tie, i think that should really be about it...if its a legitimate tie.

there are three players, though (including the one youre talking about Alcom), that force it intentionally. One doesnt even attempt to mask it...he targets higher ssr players, hides, then talks about how many points you’re going to lose for the tie over chat. The mods dont care...its not against the rules, it seems.

#11 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 01:00 PM

I see no issue with the tactic... you kind of just seem salty. if you don't like the tactic pick a division where it is less prominent

winning means differant things to many players. if this player views forcing a tie as a win well... kill him or you lose

Edited by Cichol Balor, 18 December 2018 - 01:02 PM.

#12 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 December 2018 - 03:45 PM

Forcing a tie currently costs you ELO.

So this guy, who is very much NOT good... Is costing good players hard earned ELO by abusing the flaw in the ELO system.

I've come up against this individual a few times this season as well... Getting tiresome.

#13 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:39 PM

View PostCichol Balor, on 18 December 2018 - 01:00 PM, said:

I see no issue with the tactic... you kind of just seem salty. if you don't like the tactic pick a division where it is less prominent

winning means differant things to many players. if this player views forcing a tie as a win well... kill him or you lose

The problem is that he drops in unorthodox builds in divs 1~4 that are fast and agile, and forces you to pick one of the three cover maps. Saying it's just a matter of "kill him or lose" is understating the problem. We can drop in builds that can run him down and kill him but we'll get washed by any boob in an ANH or KGC that drops next. We then either lose our hard earned ELO or we result to the same stall tactics and force a tie...which costs us our hard earned ELO.

Not to mention, stalling a match via non-participation is against the game's COC. You play to win.

#14 Freo19

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Silver Champ
  • CS 2020 Silver Champ
  • 162 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:46 AM

I`ve already lose 120 points in div 1 becouse of ties. There is one guy who even not fighting with me just running around the map and trying to tie… Its frustrating :/ I`m losing points becouse someone dont want to fight

Edited by Freo19, 02 January 2019 - 06:41 AM.

#15 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:09 AM

View PostFreo19, on 02 January 2019 - 05:46 AM, said:

There is one guy

Yeah there was a reason why I cropped out the name from that screenshot. Posted Image

I'm not here to name&shame. I'm here to point out flaws in the current Elo system for the game mode that PGI rebranded their whole flagship product around.

Edited by Alcom Isst, 02 January 2019 - 06:18 AM.

#16 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:21 AM

I got a special warning from pgi for dropping name like that, freo ;)

#17 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:08 AM

If you can't kill it, you don't deserve to win.

#18 Freo19

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Silver Champ
  • CS 2020 Silver Champ
  • 162 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:06 AM

How do you want to catch arctic wolf when you are in anihilator and your opponent is not even trying to fight?

#19 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:20 AM

View PostFreo19, on 02 January 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

How do you want to catch arctic wolf when you are in anihilator and your opponent is not even trying to fight?

Oh gosh someone was doing that with an Arctic Wolf?
THAT IS A DISGRACE TO AWOO!
I recommend that their awoo licence be removed immediately!

Edited by Alcom Isst, 02 January 2019 - 10:21 AM.

#20 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:56 AM

View PostFreo19, on 02 January 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

How about you bring a mech which is able to catch something instead of standing @ spawn with 40 tons of dps ballistics?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users