Faction Fights! 15 Days Of Faction Play Events And Sales!

181 replies to this topic

#81 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:42 AM

Events with rewards like mech bays/MC/mechs/colours/camos are the only reason for me to even consider playing this so called "Faction" Play in its current state. FP is a shallow game mode where winning or losing planets doesn't matter since all planets are the same and equally unimportant. Borders change on big IS map and that doesn't matter.
We can't do anything with those planets that our factions already control, can't upgrade them, build anything on them like more turrets, radar towers, more walls etc. Map resets that we have from time to time make any sort of conquest even more meaningless.
Also, nothing in this game mode makes me care about my so called "faction" nothing makes me care about planets, why would I care more about planet X over planet Y? why would I care that my "faction" lost number of planets or some particular planet? My "faction" is winning or losing but why should I care? There are no consequences of any sort.
We don't really have "factions" in MWO, just bunch of ppl with same faction logos, we dont have faction leaders nor even faction leader representatives, we have fancy faction ranks in FP that are so very meaningless, all those generals, galaxy commanders etc. cant do ****, have no "real power" if only we had some politics system, alliances or a little of that planet upgrading stuff perhaps then they would have smth to do.
Really a shame, I would like CW/FW/FP to be more than it is but I'm waiting for that to happen for a long time already heh.

Edited by Kell Aset, 31 October 2018 - 12:00 PM.

#82 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:22 PM

Stupid faction limitations again. I guess that's another event skipped.

#83 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:06 PM

I am still loot bag hunting and my chances are almost 100 percent in QP even if we lose . I did play a few matches in scouting though . I make my loot bag score only if I win .

Another event ? And in the middle of the week ? O.o

Edited by Pain G0D, 31 October 2018 - 01:18 PM.

#84 suum74

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 76 posts
  • Location»Hoho! Afraskai kuku!«

Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:25 PM

As much as I like all these events lately...the Solaris one is still on and I need a few kills...but its dead. Not such a hot idea to start a new one that effectively kills the previous one before it even ends.

#85 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:56 PM

View PostNinjah, on 31 October 2018 - 06:12 AM, said:

Not having an idea what FP players actually want & need and asking it here after all this time means you're disconnected from your job, from your playerbase and from MWO in general. It's like a squire from the dark-ages being put in a command of the star fleet or something like that. That is the reason I quit this game and the reason many others left. Start playing FP for the love of God, use an alter-ego, make some friends, talk to them, find out what they like and what they don't like. Connect on Teamspeak or Discord. Do your damn job.

You'd think it's in PGI's best interest to play the game, but apparently not.

#86 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 31 October 2018 - 02:31 PM

View PostNutty Newfie, on 31 October 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

I don't own enough Clan mechs to make a decent Drop Deck, so I'll try to get in on some IS action this weekend.

Eh, it might not be your first idea, but don't forget the Clan Trial Mechs? At least then you wouldn't be totally stalled on parts of the Event Set that are running. :unsure:

~D. V. "It's not a great idea, but it's an idea..." Devnull

#87 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 04:08 PM

ALLOW LOYALIST UNITS TO ALIGN THEMSELVES WITH PARTICIPATING FACTIONS IN TWO-SIDED CONFLICT, ffs...

What a waste of a FP event...

#88 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 04:41 PM

Solution .. . become mercs and stop worrying about "loyalist" careers for a mode the developers gave up on a year ago.

#89 ilKhan_OrHan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 139 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:01 PM

Need to put Faction Warfare experience gain back to previous levels. (twice as much) Too deincentivizing to those that played FW previously to grind faction rep at such a slow pace.

There are plenty of other factions to choose from should one actually reach the faction xp cap. No good reason to hold back xp.

#90 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 31 October 2018 - 07:55 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 30 October 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

I'm probably going to regret asking this but how exactly am I Ignoring/punishing loyalists?

Explain to me how to make an event that doesn't make them feel ignored or punished?

I am asking because is genuinely don't want that to be the sentiment when I create events.

I know this set of faction events isn't particularly creative but i wanted to include all factions and i also wanted to do more Clan vs Clan and IS vs IS as it has a positive response in the past and Faction Play is the only place I can do that.

Re: Probation Period - I am having this investigated to see if and when it could be removed from the game as it also comes up every time a faction play event is created.

Regular Faction Play is turned off to reduce the number of matchmaking buckets

Matt, to add to my previous post, it would appear it is the limitation PGI has set itself into concerning Faction Play, the inability to group factions into mega-faction sets (alliances), beyond the general Clan vs IS. the inflexibility. PGI is able to discern Clan vs IS, how is it setup to make that distinction? Is there not a way to add another layer to move factions around for events? What had to be done when the two new clans were added? Actually, I think I just answered myself. It is not simply the faction but the mechs themselves, Clan mechs or IS mechs. So there isnt the flexibility to allow one side to drop with IS and Clan mechs, ie Drac dropping with her IS mechs and GB Bob dropping with his Clan mechs....

Is it one sub-faction vs one sub-faction. and from appearance the inability to have more than one FP event running at the same time, ie Clans Wardens vs Crusaders and Davions+ Steiner vs K/M/L/FR, etc, etc If one or the other, I would go with one event w/multifaction event, one alliance vs another alliance.

View PostD V Devnull, on 31 October 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

Eh, it might not be your first idea, but don't forget the Clan Trial Mechs? At least then you wouldn't be totally stalled on parts of the Event Set that are running. Posted Image

~D. V. "It's not a great idea, but it's an idea..." Devnull

Tis how I run my alt, as a mech and fill in my Clan mech shortage w/trial mechs. Still sad when my trial mech does better than another's owned mechs.

#91 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:04 PM

All the cockpit item rewards say "quantity 2" yet the injections have only been single examples.

#92 Danial Kerensky

• PipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:17 PM

IDK about changing loyalty, but why oh why do you still have the 10 match probation to earn rewards?

#93 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:48 PM

Reading this thread, I have realized something...

The Loyalists/Lorebuffs are the reason we can't have nice things in this game Posted Image

Good event Matt, GJ on making it one bucket and Clan vs. Clan/Is vs. IS.

If people can't switch factions when there is basically no penalty for doing so, then that's their problem. If the reason they don't switch factions is because they want to roleplay as loyalists, then they should roleplay the idea that not all conflicts involve those loyal to particular factions. So basically the complaints are about people not getting free stuff for content that they don't want to participate in. /facepalm

I agree on the idea that the probation matches should just go away though.

This event will make me log in for more than one or two quickplay matches Posted Image

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 31 October 2018 - 10:02 PM.

#94 JagdKosak

• Pip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 10 posts
  • LocationThestria

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:56 PM

Can I play as a freelancer? If the freelancer option is not a viable is there a merc unit I can get into? Posted Image

#95 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:29 PM

@Monkey Lover: My idea was based on PGI (Mr. Newman) setting up lots of events and us players agreeing among ourselves what we play to bypass the limitations of the actual match maker as well as we can. I mean, there are several hubs active and the in game chat is available.

With my suggested spread, we (the players) could set up queues for specific events. For example, all Marik players interested in FP would announce they are in queue against Steiner and Steiner players would know to queue against Marik, etc and if the events ran long enough, there would be enough days to play more different pairings.

I know what I am suggesting is very much a band aid solution, but it COULD work, I think. :/

#96 Blockwart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:39 AM

Didn't know anybody still plays FP. Thought it's dead.

#97 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:24 AM

View PostDregian Bloodwrath, on 30 October 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

i love the events but i really think popping out event after event is a bit much ... only reason i can see for them doing this is that the game is busy dying and its like get what u can before we shut down the servers mode

To bribe ppl with virtual currency to form unhealthy habits.

https://gameanalytic...-retention.html

#98 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:23 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 30 October 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

in the November Patch, TSP Owners will also be receiving 3 copies of the "Cloud" Cockpit Standing Item.
This Item is modeled after authentic Mech_Con 2018 Vancouver rainclouds.

Ah, nice announcement you have hidden there.

#99 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:22 AM

Most Loyalist Players/Units dont want to switch Faction. So lately no cw matches because of qp events and then u lock a good part of the community of matches/rewards with a stupid disigned cw event.

Only thing u get done is to destroy the last loyalists units

#100 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:02 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 30 October 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

I'm probably going to regret asking this but how exactly am I Ignoring/punishing loyalists?

Explain to me how to make an event that doesn't make them feel ignored or punished?

I am asking because is genuinely don't want that to be the sentiment when I create events.

I know this set of faction events isn't particularly creative but i wanted to include all factions and i also wanted to do more Clan vs Clan and IS vs IS as it has a positive response in the past and Faction Play is the only place I can do that.

Re: Probation Period - I am having this investigated to see if and when it could be removed from the game as it also comes up every time a faction play event is created.

Regular Faction Play is turned off to reduce the number of matchmaking buckets

Posted Image

On a serious note. :P
I just gonna use the example from my own unit, so my FP unit had three kind of people in it, Die hard loyalists, people who just wanna play faction and people who don't care.
First time an event like this has been introduced I decided to be loyal and not participate, almost all the hardcore faction players I had left and either made 1 man units or joined a unit that goes where the wind blows for faction.
Then next time I decided to switch loyalties and almost lost all die hard loyalists going to units that are as die hard as them.
Only people I have left are the people who don't care and the inactive people in my roster.

How to make the event at least less punishing would be instead of:

House A VS House B (or clan)

and more like:

House A,B and C VS House D, E and F

Could experiment doing both IS and clans at the same time and see how that goes or rotate clans and house events each day.

The best solution to this problem would be just implementing the things discussed during the last podcast about faction play though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users