121 replies to this topic

#21 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:36 AM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 10 November 2018 - 12:32 AM, said:

At the risk of looking like a tool, can anyone say what HSL stands for? I at first thought Heavy Small Laser, but that doesn't make sense since it applies to IS mechs too.

Heat Scale Limit iirc. Enables additional weapons before the implementation of ghost heat.

Z

#22 Dungeon 206

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:10 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 10 November 2018 - 12:08 AM, said:

And more importantly, this...

It's NOT the LRMs that are killing MWO, and it NEVER HAS BEEN by any means. What is INDEED hurting/killing MWO is all the people who FAIL to learn to USE the following things...
  • Available cover on the field, as that terrain happens to be there for everyone to UTILIZE and tap into!
  • AMS, as that's supposed to help further shield against Missiles hitting you... an obvious one. Several people should have these equipped on their Mechs on your Team. If they don't, then they made a BIG mistake, and your Team deserves to get pummeled. You should start yelling at them for missing defensive weaponry.
  • ECM, either of your own or a Teammate's... STOP FORGETTING about TeamWork already!!!
  • 60% Radar Deprivation... If you've got this and terrain to duck behind, LRM users are going to have a hard time with getting at you.
  • Any of a plethora of Long-Range Weaponry, or for that matter ANYTHING you can hit a LRM user with faster than they can ever hit you.
...and then they try to complain about a weapon that DESERVES ZERO Nerfing happening to it. Teams need to learn to function together, regardless of combat style. They should NOT have easy kills on a platter, and/or should also NOT have a game devoid of Fire Support Weaponry. Ballistics and Lasers are NOT everything, and people need to be thoroughly waking up to that. MWO has FOREVER NOT been...
  • "Hawken"
  • "Call Of Duty"
  • "TitanFall"
  • "Counter-Strike"
  • "OverWatch"
  • "Destiny"
  • "PlayerUnknown's BattleGrounds"
...and it's DEFINITELY about damned time they all realize one thing, that...

This IS "MECHWARRIOR ONLINE"!!!

...and that further of note, NOT everyone in the world has near-perfect aim. The BattleTech Lore makes note of -- and Real Life has -- many aged MechWarriors who were still in service as 'Non-FrontLine Personnel' to their Units/Houses/Clans and such of the kind. They suffer from Various Medical Issues that actively prevent them from brawling, or for that matter doing anything that would require them to have such near-perfect aim. MechWarrior Online is NOT supposed to be designed to shut them out, and the BattleTech Lore even supports positional roles where some sit, pitching past your head at the enemy with LRMs... possibly even ATMs, with the right angles. NOBODY has a right to go tell them to walk away and play Tetris or some such. Learn to work WITH these people, and support them in order to support yourself. Posted Image

Oh, and one last thing... QUIT TRYING TO RUIN MWO WITH SUCH TOXIC IDEAS AND UNSIGHTLY BEHAVIOR!!! Yes, I really do find it sickening that anyone would push an idea that shuts people out who don't have full access to the usage of all four of their limbs. MWO has already lost too many from its' Player Base, and it needs to NOT lose any more. We need to grow MWO's Player Base back to the kind of sizes it was around 3 Years Ago, so that it can be enjoyable once more! Posted Image

1. i didnt say take lurms out of the game.
2. watch the top streams and you'll see the top tier players abuse and troll the hell out of their less skill opponents with lurms.
3. the top tier streamers have all repeatedly said that lurms are way OP now
4. given that you stand at 52% on Jarls list i wouldnt trust your opinion of imbalance over theirs.

and most importantly..... let me go with your reasoning...

5. i'm all for vets etc playing the game who might nerve damage etc etc.
IM ALL FOR IT.
but if you just use your common sense to think about the lurm balances that PGI have done it doesnt benefit them
PGI has made it harder to lock on and hold locks with lurms.
HOW DOES THAT HELP PEOPLE WHO CANT AIM??

what PGI should have done is increase accessebility for using lurms ---> make them easier to use, so that people who dont have the physical ability to aim will find it easier to play the game
BUT along with this lurms NEED TO BE MADE LESS EFFECTIVE SO THAT TOP TIER PLAYERS, the ones that can aim very well, DONT TROLL THE HELL OUT OF EVERYONE ELSE.

in short, lurms should be balanced such that they are very easy to use so that (according to your reasoning) people with disabilities can still play and enjoy the game.
however they cannot and must not be as strong as they currently are because it is detrimental to the game on a macro level

- then there will be no incentive for players to actually focus on improving their aim and skill
- encourages static game play that has no need of team coordination and movement
- having them so strong means pro players will abuse it.
- lurms MUST ALWAYS be weaker than direct aim weapons so that it actually DETERS top tier players from abusing it and trolling everyone else.

so in conclusion...

lurms killing the game PGI.
watch the top tier streams and you'll see.

Edited by Dungeon 206, 10 November 2018 - 01:12 AM.

#23 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:28 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 09 November 2018 - 05:34 PM, said:

Posted Image

Weapon Changes

Ballistic weapons

Light Gauss Rifle:
  • Ammo per ton increased

25 Shots per ton (from 20 shots per ton)
    12 Shots per half ton (from 10 shots per half ton)
• Max range increased to 1600 (from 1500)

Uziel
  • All variants to receive a moderate increase to mobility.
  • Torso structure bonuses slightly increased.
Marauder

MAD-BH2
  • Energy Range quirk converted into a Universal Range Quirk.
  • New IS ER PPC HSL +1 quirk Added
Nova Cat

NCT-Prime
  • ER Laser Duration set of 8 quirk removed.
  • New Clan ER Large Laser HSL +1 set of 8 quirk added in its place
NCT-C
  • UAC Jam chance set of 8 increased to -10% (from -5%)
NCT-D
  • Heavy Laser Duration Set of 8 quirk removed.
  • New Clan Heavy Large Laser HSL +1 quirk added in its place
  • Ballistic Cooldown set of 8 quirk increased to -15% (from -10%)
Nova Cat Design Notes: The HSL quirk is allowing us to inject some of the canon flavor of the Nova Cats back into them through their set of 8 quirks. While looking into providing them with these quirks, we felt that the NCT-D could use a bit of a boost to better compete with the new set of 8's on the various other Nova Cat variants.

Mobility quirks

With both the overall mobility ceiling being raised, and continuing our Mobility PTS pass, the following 'Mechs will be receiving mobility increases in addition to those listed above:
  • Phoenix Hawk
  • Rifleman
  • Grasshopper
  • Black Knight
  • Banshee
  • Ice Ferret
  • Shadow Cat
  • Warhawk

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed an issue where the IS PPC HSL quirk affects all IS PPC instead of just affecting the standard PPC.
  • Notes: We are temporarily converting the AWS-8Qs "IS PPC HSL" quirk into an "IS PPC Family HSL" quirk while we observe the results, this quirk is only being provided on a trial basis.

LGauss buffs are always welcome.

Will have to try this slightly tougher, even more nimble Uziel.

I wonder if the Marauder quirk will allow for Gauss + 2 PPC? I'd imagine so - didn't a Nightstar get the same quirk last patch?

Nova Cat buffs are also always welcome.

More mobility? On chassis I've been meaning to play again? Groovy!

Glad the PPC HSL bug was fixed, interesting to see the Awesome keeping it (for now).

#24 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 583 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:29 AM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 10 November 2018 - 12:32 AM, said:

Do tell, I am am not aware of those buffs? Could you explain how they work, when and on which mechs, or just point me to where I can find the info. This is exactly the kind of min-maxing I like without going towards the high alpha delete-a-mechs builds.

It is the weapon bay doors mechanic(WBD). Forgotten by many. Grants 20%(on most mechs) PLAIN damage reduction on certain mech part with WBD (i.e. arm or torso) when WBD are closed.
However, it works ONLY if that component is filled with CERTAIN weapon (which toggles WBD).
For example, a stalker with RL in left arm and no missiles in right arm with WBD closed will suffer from AC10 slug 8 damage to left arm or 10 damage to the right arm. With WBD open it would be 10 to both.
Stalker is probably the best example of how it could be used - when you pick a LPL or ERLL stalker you could sacrifice 1 ton to increase arm protection.
Tested myself not long ago.
mechs with WBD could be found on smurfy. https://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

Edited by GweNTLeR, 10 November 2018 - 01:45 AM.

#25 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 583 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:42 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 10 November 2018 - 12:08 AM, said:

Now... as for this...

Pardon me, but WHAT Range are you trying to say they should have such perfect spread at? There is a REASON that the Spread is set at "4.7" on all Rocket Launchers, and that's to force a player to FIGURE OUT how to get in dangerously close (but more than 50 meters away) to deal optimal damage on one spot. It's literally NOT meant to allow someone to sit back at 350 meters and deal ALL the damage to one single Component on an Enemy Mech. They DESIGNED give-and-take into the Range so a light could NEVER just one-shot anything it wants from behind. The item is meant to be more of a Hit-and-Run Weapon anyway. Plus, Stream Launcher fire takes longer, which would actually cause this weapon a drawback, where it's meant to be fired as a surprise. If you wanted something too easy, then you came to the WRONG place, as this 'MechWarrior/BattleTech'-based game is supposed to require time and thought. Posted Image

As far as I tested, missiles gain their maximum spread around 100m. So, according to your logic, we have a 50-100 m optimum range. Sorry, the stuff you wrote is BS.

#26 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:56 AM

Whoa, easy there with the buffs, light gauss might become OP. /s

Edited by kapusta11, 10 November 2018 - 01:56 AM.

#27 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:26 AM

Finally we had a use for Snub-Nose-PPCs, but you take it away.

Finally i got a nice Awesome with 3xHPPC and you will take it away.

For information: SNPPCs are useless....more...they are ridiculous. Who is going into a brawl whre you can fire 1-2 times and you are overheated?

Or you want that we use SNPPC as a backup weapon like AC20+SNPPC? Why should i do it...its too hot.

Only thing to make them viable is to decrease the heat to 7 points/shot. Or you use them with HSL like in the Awesome.

Bad decision.

#28 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:14 AM

I still can't see more use of LGauss.

#29 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:37 AM

I can't help but wonder what brainiac thought that the locust wasn't mobile enough.. As probably the fastest, most mobile mech in the game, and a constant nuisance.. it's fast enough (for you old man ;-) ).

Other mechs I get.. but Locust.. Not so much..

#30 Jon McFuzzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:51 AM

Would be awesome if LGauss damage is buffed to 10.
Long range battle is not that often and err ..... require good aim.

#31 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,934 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:13 AM

No nerfs.
NO NERFS?
SERIOUSLY...NO NERFS!?

HALLELUJAH!!!
https://www.google.c...g7njkoIpOy3CzdU

#32 TinFoilHat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:47 AM

Thanks for the upcoming update - I might try dusting off my Jenners to see how the quirks change the performance. Haven't played them in forever

#33 tutzdes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 445 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:40 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 10 November 2018 - 03:37 AM, said:

I can't help but wonder what brainiac thought that the locust wasn't mobile enough.. As probably the fastest, most mobile mech in the game, and a constant nuisance.. it's fast enough (for you old man ;-) ).

Other mechs I get.. but Locust.. Not so much..

Its direct competition is Piranha (with 2x-3x the firepower) and Flea (with MASC or/and big durability quirks). So, this buff is basically a statement that 20t mechs are stronger in general now so "deal with it".

#34 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:06 AM

View PostRhialto, on 09 November 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

Again another patch and still not fixed:

Posted Image

#35 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:52 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 10 November 2018 - 02:26 AM, said:

Finally we had a use for Snub-Nose-PPCs, but you take it away.

Finally i got a nice Awesome with 3xHPPC and you will take it away.

For information: SNPPCs are useless....more...they are ridiculous. Who is going into a brawl whre you can fire 1-2 times and you are overheated?

Or you want that we use SNPPC as a backup weapon like AC20+SNPPC? Why should i do it...its too hot.

Only thing to make them viable is to decrease the heat to 7 points/shot. Or you use them with HSL like in the Awesome.

Bad decision.

Ummm did you actually read that bit about it? They said they were aware of it and that it was unintentional but are leaving the HSL quirk for the Awesome in place and are going to monitor it to see if it's too much.

#36 Caelvin

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:16 AM

When are we going to get the Firemoth omnimech? Originally you said the game couldn't handle its speed but here you are increasing the speed of the locust?

#37 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:47 AM

View PostCaelvin, on 10 November 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

When are we going to get the Firemoth omnimech? Originally you said the game couldn't handle its speed but here you are increasing the speed of the locust?

Firemoth going top speed, hits MASC with mobility quirks? you can kiss HSR goodbye.

#38 Admiral Ackbar 86

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:12 PM

View PostCaelvin, on 10 November 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

They are increasing the acceleration, not the Locusts top speed.

#39 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:31 PM

Still no fix for the incorrect friend's list info. It's extremely frustrating sending invites to people you think are online only to get player is offline messages. If people cannot determine an accurate headcount they won't even bother dropping faction. You are killing the game by not addressing vital bug fixes.

#40 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:10 PM

The nova cat is interesting... the 5 ERLL nova cat will indeed be a good mech, better than the Virago I think at long range. My problem with it though is that it weighs 70 tons, and it doesn't fit into my drop deck :( It's not better than the Marauder IIC at range, and I generally take 2 6 ERLL MAD-IIC, a Virago, and a Piranha. I can't swap the Virago for it because I just don't have the tonnage to spare. If I swap one of the MAD-IIC out for a NCT, then I can upgrade either the Virago or the Piranha by 15 tons, but there really isn't an 80 ton mech I'd rather have at this point (maybe different when the Warhammer IIC comes out) nor a 35 ton mech that's any good.

Although, maybe while it's not useful in a pure ranged deck, on a map where I only need a single ERLL mech and it's probably not going to be the focus of the game (like Frozen City or Grim Plexus maybe) it will be pretty handy to be able to do a 70 ton ERLL boat instead of an 85 ton MAD-IIC, so then I can follow it up with 2 hellbringers and a stormcrow.

So, probably won't fit into my pure ERLL deck, but in a mixed deck I think I'll have a slot for it. Definitely will shake things up.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users