07 Bacon Redefines "play2Win; Inaugurates A Weekly Faction Warfare Operation Code-Named: W.a.s.p.; Wins A Planet To End 8 Week Long Fw Stalemate!

145 replies to this topic

#21 SlippnGriff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSpud farm

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:59 PM

now this is funny

#22 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:06 PM

View Post0regon, on 11 November 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

It's so funny, every one of you goof balls are the exact guys that run around in stacked premades trying to destroy FW. You guys don't want FW to survive. You just want to stoke your egos by going around crushing teams that can never match your combined talents. You guys troll FW the same way you troll the forums. Get a life dudes. You're toxic

Except this event I've, for the most part, dropped solo or in a max of a 4man. Here/there I've been in larger groups but I don't play that many usually.

But you can gobble that propoganda up from your leader long and deep.

#23 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:16 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 11 November 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

Reads OP. Thinks for 5s. Comes to following conclusion:

So...
  • You stayed one side rather then Faction Hopping (like everyone else), and got lucky that side won.
  • You Gen / Objective rushed for easy wins (likely even against PUGs)
  • You were running groups yet carry on about groups on the forums Posted Image
Engaging gameplay. Keep up that D-Tier work fella's

In the interest of full disclosure you forgot to add a couple line:

--A tank in KDR/KMDD as we at Bacon just objective / gen rushing match after match and often don't shoot at mechs
--Lower cbill payouts per match due to not shooting mechs, just objectives

I mean all of this in the spirit of fun, btw. Given a few 07 guys regularly drop by my stream and often get into group drop shenannigans or fundraiser events etc with me & others. Those guys are actually good fun, I secretly think they enjoy not being forced to gen/objective rush on my watch. Posted Image

This is a pretty poor effort at a 'hidden message' recruiting thread as well Posted Image

ignor him...hes a arogant dooshbag and likes to **** on other peoples parades. if your getting results, and enjoying the game why doing it. keep doing it. and consider this, when groups like EMP are using lrms in faction play...no one has the right to fault you for using cheeky tactics if they get the job done. "also seen ash using lrms"

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 11 November 2018 - 11:06 PM, said:

Except this event I've, for the most part, dropped solo or in a max of a 4man. Here/there I've been in larger groups but I don't play that many usually.

But you can gobble that propoganda up from your leader long and deep.

also a lie...termin8tor has video evidence of this..and we will gladly provide this evidence in private messages to anyone interested...

Edited by dante245, 12 November 2018 - 01:18 AM.

#24 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:49 AM

I don't understand.

premade=bad but premade=good?

Nowadays our premades are so fluid, you cant say it is as certain quality. Many pilots joining and leaving after every match and even if i say "no lurms" there are lurms in my team.

So maybe it is a pugpremade or "Prugmade", the next step of evolution.

#25 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:27 AM

This thread rocks.

Came for the drama, stayed for Tanner's inevitable Spiderman posts.

Perfect.

As a now only incidental player of FP, I feel it necessary to add to the above conversation with the a similar but equally confused question as that raised by others above: So let me get this straight, playing the competitive, team based, end-game content of MWO as a 12-man is now considered a bad thing? When did this happen? Hell if me and mine could manage a 12-man more often we might play more often than just during events. If I understand what is being expressed, it's that good players should be disdained for running 12-mans, while the rest of us it is the ideal? That seems not only hypocritical, but also totally contrary to the way FP is set up.

If there is a flaw in the FP system, especialy in this lower population era that we play in, it is that there are not more in game mechanisms to help folks of all skill levels play as a team regardless of skill levels (see for example Nightbird's proposal elsewhere regarding reward handicaps). But regarless, this is still a team based mode and the best teams are SUPPOSED to win. That's how competition works ffs.

#26 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:01 AM

View Postdante245, on 12 November 2018 - 01:16 AM, said:

ignor him...hes a arogant dooshbag and likes to **** on other peoples parades. if your getting results, and enjoying the game why doing it. keep doing it. and consider this, when groups like EMP are using lrms in faction play...no one has the right to fault you for using cheeky tactics if they get the job done. "also seen ash using lrms"

someone is angry about being beaten by a 2-man tonight with your group, aren't they?

View Postdante245, on 12 November 2018 - 01:16 AM, said:

also a lie...termin8tor has video evidence of this..and we will gladly provide this evidence in private messages to anyone interested...

What lie? Here are screenshots from tonights games.

ONE
TWO

I was in a 2-man (with Carl Vickers) with a mate and basically steamrolled your group. Better yet how about I link you to my video where you make an absolute fool of yourself - HERE... Or if you want the super embarrasing part - HERE

No need to make false claims. I have video, ive shown it above - What are you going to claim next I wonder?

Edited by justcallme A S H, 12 November 2018 - 05:15 AM.

#27 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:27 AM

Been awhile since we had so much drama, **** yea.

#28 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:09 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 12 November 2018 - 05:27 AM, said:

Been awhile since we had so much drama, **** yea.

Least I come to the party with facts.

I dont hide behind the old "send me a private message" where I can "edit the footage to suit my narative".

#29 A Headless Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 273 posts
  • LocationImmersed in Stupid.

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:09 AM

Gents, do you need a copy of the butthurt form? I printed extras.

#30 S t P a u l

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:23 AM

Posted Image

#31 NeirSolon

• PipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:24 AM

Who cares about winning a planet or not anymore though? ****, it hasn't mattered since I started playing 1.5ish years ago.

Edited by NeirSolon, 12 November 2018 - 06:24 AM.

#32 Lawrence Elsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPacific Standard Timezone

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:46 AM

Nobody should care about taking planets anymore. The more poeple gen rush 30 times in one night in the desperate hopes of maybe getting a tag on a planet only for it to be potentially undone by one drop, the more PGI will think the current system makes FP worth more than a longer Quick Play match.

Edited by Lawrence Elsa, 12 November 2018 - 07:00 AM.

#33 Purusee

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:02 AM

Well then... What I got from the Original Post was:

We want to create premades to fight premades.
But instead of actually fighting said premades directly, we play solely by objective to secure our wins. (which you say is only working on specific modes/maps)

I mean....sure, I get where you're coming from, and being in a one-sided match is not really fun for anyone involved, not even the ones being in the lead. But this....doesn't sound like fun to me either. I get what you're planning here is only means to an end (i.e. capturing planets), but this way of playing is nothing short of a testament that "we are not confident enough to put up a fight against enemies that are better than us on paper, and thus take the easiest way of winning by shooting objects that don't shoot back, or don't put up a fight"
I mean, if you set up drop decks to rush objectives, what stops you to set up drop decks to suit certain battlefields and ranges and actually fight even if you wouldn't have to? You should have numbers and coordination on your side, so at least put up a fight!

#34 Syso69

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:27 AM

Hope every time we'll be catching Bacon O7 it's a map/mode with no objective rush option for them.
C'mon guys , hard to believe that you are so scared of long-mid range trade or brawl engagements that you prefer objective rush every time Posted Image

Edited by Syso88, 12 November 2018 - 07:28 AM.

#35 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:33 AM

bringing people that want to actually fight and work together instead of just dropping with speed bumps is wrong? dang.

#36 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:35 AM

Bacon bringing the PvE to a PvP game. I don't judge, do what you find fun.

Edited by Vxheous, 12 November 2018 - 07:36 AM.

#37 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:58 AM

Ye join bacon, one of the worst active FP units in game, so their leaders can use you to cap planets and get MCs in their pockets.

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 12 November 2018 - 08:03 AM.

#38 SneekiBreeki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 358 posts
  • LocationI came here to laugh at you.(^・ω・^)

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:01 AM

Is this the thread about the fabled PvE gamemode that we should've had years ago ingame?

Posted Image

Edited by SneekiBreeki, 12 November 2018 - 08:03 AM.

#39 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:02 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 12 November 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

Ye join bacon, one of worst active FP units in game, so their leaders can use you to cap planets and get MCs in their pockets.

you can also be used as a shield for heavy cavs ultraviolet, which will be 3 squares behind you plinking away, who does't enjoy that

#40 A Headless Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 273 posts
  • LocationImmersed in Stupid.

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:06 AM

Redact me harder daddy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users