Russ Makes An Interesting Tweet In Regards To The Warhammer Iic And Mechcon.

298 replies to this topic

#241 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:35 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 05 December 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

Just want to say that I currently don't think there will be anything MW5 Related to a purchase made in MWO and definatly not in this case.

After I talked to you I knew this would be the case. I can vouch for Matt was super busy running MechCon and helped keep it as smooth as it was. When I brought it to his attention he legitimately had no idea how we took it.

It was an honest mistake that you’ve owned up to. That should be enough for people. If not just get your refunds and move on. It was a mistake people that he owned up to 100%

Maybe you can just give people the MechCon virtual ticket stuff?

#242 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:54 PM

We're looking at doing an additional Standard variant as part of the early adopters.
  • Loadout TBD. (It is being debated at the moment but it looks like it will have ballistic hardpoints in the arms)
  • if we do this we would also have to open up Early adopters again to give others the opportunity to score the additional chassis. (Ending Dec 31st midnight PST 8 AM UTC)
  • The additional Chassis would not be in the main pack and therefore not available to purchase until the MC / C-bill dates.
Will provide the real details when it is official. I just want to keep you in the loop.

Aside from not knowing the Loadout at this point does this seem fair to you guys so far?

#243 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:56 PM

Perfect, plus rep for this!

#244 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:17 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 05 December 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

Aside from not knowing the Loadout at this point does this seem fair to you guys so far?

So long as it gets 2B in total *somewhere* then this is great.

#245 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:19 PM

We're looking at doing an additional Standard variant as part of the early adopters.
  • Loadout TBD. (It is being debated at the moment but it looks like it will have ballistic hardpoints in the arms)
  • if we do this we would also have to open up Early adopters again to give others the opportunity to score the additional chassis. (Ending Dec 31st midnight PST 8 AM UTC)
  • The additional Chassis would not be in the main pack and therefore not available to purchase until the MC / C-bill dates.
Will provide the real details when it is official. I just want to keep you in the loop.

Very fair!

Good to meet you today mate.

#246 Jon McFuzzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:46 PM

View PostNightbird, on 05 December 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

To minimize the number of refunds, I humbly suggest a free variant to all who preordered, with the following hardpoints:

H: 1E
LA: 1E
LT: 1B 1E
RT: 1B 1E
RA: 1E

This variant can be created by mixing available hardpoints, so no additional art work required. It will also eventually be available for CBills, removing the P2W hero arguments.

YES PLEASE!

#247 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:20 PM

Absolutely perfect.

Though to re-iterate, a PGI-tweaked version of the canonical WHM-IIC 5 would be ideal for this. It's got 1 ballistic per arm, 2 energy per side torso, and 1 missile in the head. All you have to do is replace the stock HAG20s with either LB10Xs or UAC10s and you're good to go.

EDIT: I guess also replacing the head missile with a fifth energy slot would make sense and actually be useful in practical application (1-slot missile launcher on an assault mech is lolno) but it's not really super necessary.

Edited by FupDup, 05 December 2018 - 06:08 PM.

#248 PUFNSTUF

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:39 PM

Works for me, though I'd prefer Ballistic in the torso so a torso ballistic isn't gated like the Hero. Since you'd be reopening the pre order, it would be available to all.

#249 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:50 PM

I'm not sure what this is about, but I have a better idea. How about make it so that the mechs we've paid real money for will be guaranteed to port over the the Unreal Engine version of MWO when the switch happens? It will help us rest easy about making additional in game purchases AND it will help continue to fund the game into it's next incarnation.

#250 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:54 PM

Sounds good to me! I would have preferred something else but it's fine!

#251 Kakia

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:58 PM

I have to admit Matt N. that the only reason why I bought the Warhammer IIC was because of the tweet announcement. I'm willing to keep the mech but it should have an extra specialty quirk or cockpit item (call it the good luck charm) unlike any other mech in the game that gives a target gathering bonus of +25% for missing the mark here, pun intended. Or extra podspace / slots. Maybe a built in targeting computer without weight penalty. Better built-in gyros for more stability. Perhaps some enhanced mobility. If all else fails, some MC kickback could work too. One last item that could work as well would be a GXP bonus but that alone wouldn't be enough in my opinion.

But thanks Matt N. for being honest. And tell Russ that this kind of incentive does work to increase sales. Just saying....

#252 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:04 PM

View PostKakia, on 05 December 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

I have to admit Matt N. that the only reason why I bought the Warhammer IIC was because of the tweet announcement. I'm willing to keep the mech but it should have an extra specialty quirk or cockpit item (call it the good luck charm) unlike any other mech in the game that gives a target gathering bonus of +25% for missing the mark here, pun intended. Or extra podspace / slots. Maybe a built in targeting computer without weight penalty. Better built-in gyros for more stability. Perhaps some enhanced mobility. If all else fails, some MC kickback could work too. One last item that could work as well would be a GXP bonus but that alone wouldn't be enough in my opinion.

But thanks Matt N. for being honest. And tell Russ that this kind of incentive does work to increase sales. Just saying....

Cockpit items should never, ever alter your combat performance. Outside of quirks, you should have to pay either tonnage and/or slots to get more cowbell in your loadout.

Extra pod space or slots is not possible in a unified construction system, plus this mech will have plenty of both by virtue of being a Clan assault.

#253 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:07 PM

If you can get a variant with 4 or more ballistics on it I would be more than ecstatic and that goes for my entire unit

Edited by dante245, 05 December 2018 - 06:08 PM.

#254 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:35 PM

Thanks. Precisely what was needed. Don't listen to any more begging.

#255 Lurm God

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:42 PM

Now a faction warfare update after the mechcon... Teaser?

#256 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:24 PM

Perfect. A PGI variation of the -5 (ballistic arms, 2e in each ST, 1M in head) suits me just fine and, honestly? Really... really would have brought much needed variety and value to the reinforcement pack to begin with. We have LazVom down with the GAR, so a ballistic and/or missile 80-ton option was missing. We had the missile option in one of the WHM-IIC already, so it was just the C-Bill ballistic version we were lacking.

I'm very glad this seems like the direction it is going. Much needed variety, and it more than adequately compensates for miscommunication. But, mostly, again, I love that it would fill the gap in the c-bill accessible loadout variety for the chassis. That was a huge need to fill.

11/10

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 05 December 2018 - 07:34 PM.

#257 Blake Rand

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:06 PM

100% impulse bought the standard and hero package after seeing your tweet and I was let down to find there was no special bonus especially for 60 bucks cad. Seeing how you are handling the situation make me feel confident about my purchase and supporting you guys. I've been a player since 2011 and have never felt more a part of the community than now

#258 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationStay on Topic... STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:04 PM

View PostFupDup, on 05 December 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

Though to re-iterate, a PGI-tweaked version of the canonical WHM-IIC 5 would be ideal for this. It's got 1 ballistic per arm, 2 energy per side torso, and 1 missile in the head. All you have to do is replace the stock HAG20s with either LB10Xs or UAC10s and you're good to go.

A WHM-IIC 5 would totally reverse my disappointment with the original Whammy IIC lineup and make this Warhammer obsessed fan a very very happy boy as long as i can save enough for it by the deadline.

Ballistic torso's like a 6R would be better, but this'll do.

Edited by Kamikaze Viking, 05 December 2018 - 09:10 PM.

#259 Skull Rucker

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:41 PM

ballistics in the arms is fine - so long as the rest of the ballistics go in the torso.

#260 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:16 PM

Will this be retroactively applied to people who qualified for early adopters before the original deadline?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users