Speaking Of Cancer Piranha Is Back

109 replies to this topic

#41 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 10:42 PM

An English gentleman does not soil his pants over a 20 ton mech .

#42 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:38 AM

View PostGrus, on 16 December 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

Hgauss/ long range
Srmbrawl/long range
Lrm/ ams and or brawl
Long range/ better long range or fast braw.

The rock paper scissors mechanic is alive and well in MWO.

Yep, only you got to know what enemy is taking before you can pick your counter, specially in soloQ not that easy :).

#43 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:33 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 16 December 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

Go look at my stats, i can aim just fine. They are just broken. Dropping massive amounts of damage and it doesn't even register.

If you could actually aim just fine, you'd not be complaining about piranhas constantly.

#44 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:36 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 16 December 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

Every piranha that i have seen in QP so far has basically evaporated near instantly.

Now assassins on the other hand...just flat out OP how much damage they can take. Structure/armor quirks even though they have a slim profile, hitboxes that make it easy to spread damage, JJs AND shield arms...

If you fire from above, its easier to hit the rear torso hit boxes on a piranha, I one-volley'ed a Pir-1 into destruction using 18 streaks from above that was coming right at me where normally that's only going to remove a side torso and arm.

#45 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:39 AM

View PostCurccu, on 17 December 2018 - 04:38 AM, said:

Yep, only you got to know what enemy is taking before you can pick your counter, specially in soloQ not that easy :).

True, and if you specialize in the lazervom or other poke builds and cant hit a lightmech youre gonna have a bad day. So my answer to that is, dont bring a mech that is only good for one thing. A 9cmpl marader (for example) is a decent brawler. Has good firepower, and fast refire... its crap vs a light IF YOU CANT AIM. Now, say you run into a lot of light mechs and have isses with hitting the fast moving buggers... there are 11 other players on your team who more than likely, gain particular joy, from deleting light mechs from the field. You need to use COMUNICATION to let them know that there is a pesky ankel biter about to come around and nibble on your nethers... youll probably have 2-3 people with the ability to aim and or have streeks come oit of the wood work screaming "MINE!" Like in the pixar movie.

But theres another skill or ability that is imbeded in the above that will help you out... map awarness. It not only tell you were those anklebiters are more tham likely comming, but where your support will be.

#46 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:39 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 16 December 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

Nothing but Piranha's again ... this mech is so broken.

What do you mean "it's back"?

Piranha never left.. I see them literally every match.. Its always Piranha and some other fast mover, usually a locust or flea..

#47 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:57 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 17 December 2018 - 05:39 AM, said:

What do you mean "it's back"?

Piranha never left.. I see them literally every match.. Its always Piranha and some other fast mover, usually a locust or flea..

and usually they do little and die early...

#48 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:45 AM

Piranhas never left. They've always been around and always been ridiculous mechs, and since clan MGs weigh half IS MGs there will never be an IS counterpart to it. They do utterly ridiculous DPS.

#49 Vyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:55 AM

Piranha strategy:
1. Start match, run around (possibly throwing up a UAV or two, feigning team utility).
2. Wait 3-5 minutes on the periphery. Stay fresh.
3. Return to the battle for easy kills after the real men have done the work for you.
4. Profit.

I suppose I shouldn't be so harsh. Opportunistic backstabbers need love too. Posted Image

Edited by Vyx, 17 December 2018 - 07:00 AM.

#50 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:13 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 17 December 2018 - 05:33 AM, said:

If you could actually aim just fine, you'd not be complaining about piranhas constantly.

You might want to choose a different argument. I can aim better than you. frankly i find it hilarious you mopes think i'm complaining about the Piranha constantly because i cant hit it.

Its actually the opposite, its to damn good a mech while piloting. A pilot at my modest skill level can influence matches to an extraordinary degree with just a 20 ton mech. Sure you throw up a potato round now and then because when the hitboxes are working it can be fragile. However that is so few and far between its hardly worth mentioning.

#51 So You Say

• PipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:01 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 16 December 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

Go look at my stats, i can aim just fine. They are just broken. Dropping massive amounts of damage and it doesn't even register.

I agree. Damage does not register correctly on these mechs. This is true for all of the tall skinny light mechs, javelin and assassin included. It especially bad in the piranha's case since it will kill you in a few seconds. You can argue all day that it is an aiming issue not going to change my perception.

#52 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:04 AM

View PostSirSmokes, on 16 December 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

Good I will feast. GOLDEN BOY

Kintaros don't feast on anything...they get feasted on.

#53 So You Say

• PipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:05 AM

View PostApolloKaras, on 16 December 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

Load up 4 streak 2's on an Oxide. Gee Gee

Go into frozen city test map and shoot the commando with your 4 streak 2's. Report back how many alphas it takes to kill it.

#54 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:27 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 17 December 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

You might want to choose a different argument. I can aim better than you. frankly i find it hilarious you mopes think i'm complaining about the Piranha constantly because i cant hit it.

Its actually the opposite, its to damn good a mech while piloting. A pilot at my modest skill level can influence matches to an extraordinary degree with just a 20 ton mech. Sure you throw up a potato round now and then because when the hitboxes are working it can be fragile. However that is so few and far between its hardly worth mentioning.

If thats the case you should ONLY use the PIR... all other mechs are draging you down.

As for us "mopes" you have people that are better shots and worse shots than you saying the PIR is just fine where it is. Yet, after all this, and other posts that have said this ad nauseam, the PIR is a glass cannon and easy to counter.

View PostSo You Say, on 17 December 2018 - 08:05 AM, said:

Go into frozen city test map and shoot the commando with your 4 streak 2's. Report back how many alphas it takes to kill it.

Thats a commando.. not a pir... the commando, when piloted correctly, can be a beast to take down. Even with a XL.

#55 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:35 AM

What can I say, this is the standard "discussion" we often see on this board... "X is OP!" "Is not!" "Is, too!" "Is not." "Is, too!".

Personally, my logic follows like this:

Players like to win.
So players pick Mechs that allow them to win.
That does not mean it has to be OP, it just means it has to work exceptionally well for their playstyle.
So any time you see a significant number of the same Mech on the battlefield, there has either been a new Mech release which everybody is skilling, or this Mech is working well for the people playing it.
If you never see a certain Mech in games, that means it is not competitive. If you see it all the time, that means it is a superior Mech. Because the majority will not be able to take every Mech and do great in it, they will just do well in certain Mechs and badly in others. If all Mechs were created equal, then we would see a more or less random selection of all Mechs.

Having said that, the Piranha is one of the most common Light Mechs I see in my games. I had a match where our opposing team had 5 of them. I also had a match where my team was playing with 5 Fafnir's. While the Mechs themselves might not be considered OP, this will create fairly lopsided matches. Ideally, a good MM would take care of this... Ours doesn't.

I feel like I can often estimate the outcome of my matches just by seeing which Mechs the rest of my team brings.

#56 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:41 AM

View PostGrus, on 17 December 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

If thats the case you should ONLY use the PIR... all other mechs are draging you down.

As for us "mopes" you have people that are better shots and worse shots than you saying the PIR is just fine where it is. Yet, after all this, and other posts that have said this ad nauseam, the PIR is a glass cannon and easy to counter.

Thats a commando.. not a pir... the commando, when piloted correctly, can be a beast to take down. Even with a XL.

You are absolutely correct that if i was trying to be competitive i should only use the PIR. I am a competitive person by nature, i play video games to feed that side of me without getting TO competitive. That's why i play MWO casually sometimes that competitive spirit creeps up though. The one month i got the competitive itch i played only the PIR-1 and reached 98.xx% on jarls list( on my clan alt).

#57 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:01 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 17 December 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

Clearly you don't if you're complaining about piranhas. The common denominator and this is obvious to all of us, in this equation, is you. You're the one with the inability to deal with them. Not the rest of us. I like seeing piranhas on an enemy team. They're easy kills.

#58 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:58 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 17 December 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

Clearly you don't if you're complaining about piranhas. The common denominator and this is obvious to all of us, in this equation, is you. You're the one with the inability to deal with them. Not the rest of us. I like seeing piranhas on an enemy team. They're easy kills.

Clearly the 70th percentile player shoots better than the 85th percentile player.. I'm not complaining from the perspective of the prey, i'm complaining from the perspective of the predator .. imo this mech is extremely broken. In your opinion the mech is fine. Lets agree to disagree on the Piranaha.

Edited by Racerxintegra2k, 17 December 2018 - 10:18 AM.

#59 R5D4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:07 AM

View PostVyx, on 17 December 2018 - 06:55 AM, said:

Piranha strategy:
1. Start match, run around (possibly throwing up a UAV or two, feigning team utility).
2. Wait 3-5 minutes on the periphery. Stay fresh.
3. Return to the battle for easy kills after the real men have done the work for you.
4. Profit.

I suppose I shouldn't be so harsh. Opportunistic backstabbers need love too. Posted Image

People need to stop with all this "holier than thou" nonsense. The whole game is about min/maxing and using situations to your advantage. Piranha's (when alone) have to play very conservatively which of course means staying back more and looking for opportunities in their favor. Guess what so do Dire Wolves and so do LRM boats and so and on and so on... it's a tactic (a simple one as it may be) that works so people use it. Go figure.

This tiny glass cannon mech isn't doing anything that everyone else isn't already doing so get off your high horses and stop trying to get an entire class of mech rendered completely useless. We have plenty of useless mechs already thank you.

#60 HenryFA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts
  • LocationHunting down LRM assaults

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:48 AM

are we stat shaming now?
count me in lmfao

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users