Shopping For Better Fps

162 replies to this topic

#161 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:24 AM

I'd like to make a Moderater request to pin this somewhere. There is a huge amount of really good information in this thread that can help a lot of people.

Thank you to all that has contributed.

#162 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:26 AM

Man I tried all settings on Low (except Environment and Textures) and my PPC bolts looked fugly. I had to change particles back to High, so I can feel like Zeus again.

Setting everything on Low did seem to gain about 5-10 FPS max, but still highly variable on my system. By far the worst performance is on Solaris City. Not unplayable, but all this upgrade talk makes me want MOAR power.

#163 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:53 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 13 January 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

• What settings do you have the Nvidia setup with, and have you made a profile just for MWO to play with the settings without affecting your other games?
  • XBox DVR been disabled and double checked that it still is?
  • Though ya didn't comment or if you checked it recently but is the system's power options set to HIGH Performance and Nvidia Power Management mode changed from adaptive to Max Performance?
  • Disabled Windows 10 ability to update drivers and checked recently that it is still disabled?
  • Adding, you are running it with the power adapter plugged in? Posted Image
Many of the items above, once set has been shown to reset back to default settings after a major version Windows 10 update.

Yeah all that is forced. No throttling due to heat.

Are you using a customized user.cfg and what is its contents? This is player-made and would be placed in the MWO main folder. As for using low settings, keeping AA off, change the settings to med and test, or test them with Vxheous settings.

I've not messed with user.cfg. As for different visual settings I've tried many variations, none of which move the fps +- 5-10 fps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users