Marauders, Who Really Likes Them?

62 replies to this topic

#61 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:10 PM

Im not mad about the marauders, but i do actually like the way they look, which is something i just cannot say about 90% of the humanoids in the game (always prefered starfighters on legs to human wannabees). Their geometry is also relatively tanky, and does not require you to face anything sideways, just a few degrees will spread damage well. That and their one weakness of extremely large sides is not a concern if your positioning well and never give the enemy a shot on your more valuable side where most variants are fine loosing their left with little issues, which fits the everyone go counterclockwise mentality.

As for the MAD 2, i dont see it being gamebreaking as its a 100t mech, which means that it will NEVER be given a proper agility profile and will be unable to shield effectively when you combine said bad agility with teh sheer size of a 100t machine regardless of how good the hitboxes are. It might obsolete a few other IS fatty builds like some of the king crabs (if im not mistaken you can actually run 4 arm ballistics like the king crab but with free ECM), but i dont see it being a make or break anything mech, and it sure isnt going to be meta as you cant run any of the truly brutal things like 6 ac5s, 2uac10+2uac5, 2 heavy gauss, ect, although it will be unique as a SRM boat (not that boating SRMs has been meta since they keep on nerfing spread and artemis, but at least itll have something that no other fatty can manage).

As for the other MADs, i think itll fit beside them fine, more firepower but like every assault, pays for it in size and mobility. Well just have to see how good it is, but im pretty damn sure it wont be DOA like quite a few mechs PGI released last year.

#62 DerMaulwurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 599 posts
  • LocationPotato Tier

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:34 AM

I don't like Marauders. I love Marauders.

I have plenty of experience in making slow assaults work, too. As long as the general proportions are similar to the MadIIC, I don't see any major problems.

It's probably not going to be the optimal 100t mech. But I don't care about that.

#63 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:20 AM

I'm a fan... I do hope they follow the same trend of the 75t Marauder and give it above average agility for an IS 100 tonner though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users