Is Anybody Even Having Fun Right Now?

84 replies to this topic

#81 PhilTKaswahl

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 03:08 AM

Started playing last October, so perhaps tne novetly hasn't worn off, but I'm still having enough fun to keep coming back. And while bad games can be annoying and frustrating, it's nowhere near the level of salt and team griefing than I experience from games like, say, Overwatch, DOTA, or the like. Plus, with MW5 not out it's the only game I can take a lot of classic IS 'Mechs that I became attached to from the novels that introduced me to the franchise.

#82 Pontius_Pilot

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 03:33 AM

I only started playing a week ago, but...Yeah. I can say it's fun.

I'm still a spud about half the time, but I've found my niche, and growing up playing MW lets me have a little nostalgia when I hear the startup sequence. I get to be super obsessive about my loadouts (but in a fun way, like building a ship in a bottle that fires cohesive energy bolts at people), and I even got picked up by a team, so...yeah!

Not to say that it isn't a ROYAL pain in the arse sometimes, like when I derp around a corner and run into a firing line because I wasn't paying attention. Or getting Pirhana'd in the back for the eleventy-thousandth time. Or the RACsploit thing going on now. But there's also a lot of times where you damn near pull your shirt off like an Italian soccer fan when you finish a match that had you literally sweating, or you and your little squad just stopped a murderball dead in its tracks.

Or that day you take a triple-RAC2 bushwhacker and do a little facetime with an assault, and somehow come out of it better than they do. That was a turning point for me. I'd learned, and applied it vigorously with a healthy dose of aiming for the cockpit to blind 'em.

So right now, yes, it's fun. I get steamrolled a lot, and sometimes I steamroll back. I get surprised, and I surprise. I learn, and I teach. And every day I get better.

#83 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:04 AM

View PostBombast, on 19 January 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

No, I mean you literally cannot have ever heard me speak.

When someone says they known you and you don't know them.

Posted Image

#84 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:22 AM

Enough fun to play it but not as often as I used to.

What kills like 90 % of mwos potential is the major instability of the program.

Mwo just crashes randomly for ppl in almost every single match and that was never addressed or even acknowledge. WHih is the reason why id never buy any game of this company.

Thers also not many alternatives to mwo. If there were other mech games id switch immediately. Tried legends but you cant just jump into a match. Not many ppl play it.

Wish somebody more competent would have made mwo. A more stable game, with more exciting and immersive game modes, a more complex system, where you have to keep your mechs and pilots afloat. Where you have to sell stuff, buy new stuff, repair and rearm. Where you gotta trade. Short lived boosts and buffs and titles, that you gain ingame if you perform well, kill half the team. Titles that ppl in the next match can see. Much better custimization options. More immersive modes where you dont cap some random cap point but actually try to take a valuable ressource like repair bays or reinforcments or orbital bombs or air cover or whatever.

Theres so much potential for engaging and exciting mech combat.

It is a disappointment but the only thing available right now.

#85 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,792 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:32 AM

nope, but i finished the events so im taking a break.

Edited by LordNothing, 29 January 2019 - 09:32 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users