#61 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:40 AM

View PostDarakor Stormwind, on 20 January 2019 - 12:03 AM, said:

So my strategy to stop the frustration for now is to just stop playing when I get annoyed... And not to start playing until I am not annoyed anymore. ;-) Let's see how that works. Normally, I enjoy playing MWO, but I seem to start taking things overly serious when I am trying to work on events.

This, so much. Quoted for truth.

#62 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:21 PM

I only play for fun, I play, so I have fun.

#63 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:02 PM

View PostDarakor Stormwind, on 19 January 2019 - 05:14 AM, said:

I got so annoyed playing relatively much over the holidays, that I took a bit of a break and had not played MWO this year. Did not really miss it much. But today, I decided to have some fun playing again. I did 6 matches, which in the end turned out to be all I could stomach.

I had 6 lousy matches. I think I am 2 and 4, but I died in all of them. My teammates are all over the place. They split up and no amount of talking to will prevent them from running off into 3-4 different directions. They keep doing stuff where I keep thinking: "Why would you do that???".

My teams disintegrate in a speed I have never encountered before... I just had a match where 5 of our guys died with under 100 damage. How does a Heavy or Assault manage that? My Crab was under fire by 7 of them when they pushed in and I survived long enough to get out 3 full alpha's.

I have never seen coordination this bad, teamwork this lousy. A surprising amount of Trial Mechs in the field, I had 2 on my side earlier today. Assaults not moving from Spawn until the match is almost over. I spectate upon death and I see the weirdest builds. And that's only from the guys that lived longer than me, not those that died before me.

Admittedly, I did not play to my usual level, either. I think I managed 400ish damage once in a match, the rest I could only get out 200-300ish damage playing Medium/Heavies. If I had to guess my average MS, I would think somewhere in the 220ish range. And that's probably only due to me bringing AMS and UAV on most of my builds.

I am really not having fun right now. I am getting annoyed with almost every game. If this continues, I will probably ********** to do something less aggravating. Does anybody else have the same experience, or is it just me?

Sounds like you were playing on the EU server. I avoid it like the plague, tried it again recently, same experience you had. But if I stay off that server I tend to have much more fun. Also playing during 8pm and 10pm PST, will give you the best match experience.

#64 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:26 PM

I started a couple of months, had fun until December; played enough to get all the rewards and now, I haven't played MWO except to start it up, go into the mechlab, change loadout and then exit. I can see by what's being said in the forums, that nothing's changed w.r.t the MM. So....

#65 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:39 PM

On a side note, if someone's looking for something to do that's less aggrevating...

Tesla Effect is pretty relaxing.

And if you want something more aggrevating but in a really, REALLY good way...
"ECHO", a Metroidvania, in which your evolving enemy is copying you and what you do.

#66 Kilogold

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 08:27 PM

No. Respawns. With. Matchmaking. And. Countdowns. Between. Every. Round. Is. Too. Much. Downtime. I know other games in the genre do the same thing and I'm still holding out hope that the ones responsible for starting this trend get splatted by a space rock.

MW4M had better multiplayer. I think I'll go boot that up now.

#67 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:30 AM

I'm having fun, crushing the enemy and seeing them driven before me (or sometimes being on the receiving end of it).

#68 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:49 AM

I'm having fun as I'm far away from the tier 1 potatohive.

#69 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:06 AM

View PostHorseman, on 21 January 2019 - 01:30 AM, said:

I'm having fun, crushing the enemy and seeing them driven before me (or sometimes being on the receiving end of it).

...seeing their cities burn, hearing the wailing of their widows, sisters and daughters, and the crying of children chained and sold to slavery....

True barbarian instincts. Love it.

#70 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:13 AM

I don't know about others, but when I'm with my Fiancee, and my crew, and our Narc-er is on, and we blot out the sun with our LRMs.. its fun for me.

Quite fun.

Even when it's just me and BAE, it can still be quite fun..

Wouldn't play if it wasn't..

#71 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:08 AM

This game has one thing going for it and that's it's community.
The people I liked playing with almost all disappeared because they are displeased with this game and my activity also is reduced big time because of it.

#72 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:39 AM

I'm having lots of fun. Playing other games.

#73 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:59 AM

I was trying the Founders and Phoenix challenges... Ug, those are such bad 'mechs for me now, for the first time in a LONG time I was losing more than winning with those 'mechs, and I had to stop playing, then work made me skip a day, then the next time I played, I ignored those challenges and it was ok again.

But yeah, in my experience the overall level of play in QP is, at best random, but more often than not, suicidal.

#74 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:51 AM

QP is the fastest road to insanity. Group queue is the most fun I have now, but even group queue loves to stomp all over it when the groups start to get larger than 5 people. Now we all have to play Novas, crabs, or at best 65 ton heavies. Anything heavier than that kicks everyone else into Fleas. I hate how much this game punishes you for having friends. Watching streamers pretty much mirrors my QP experiences too. Lots of rage and screaming, with hint of fun on the side, but mostly agony.

#75 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 29 January 2019 - 01:38 AM

I've been playing for a couple of months or so. The complaining on this thread makes me think that I must have missed some kind of golden era, But I'm having a LOT of fun. :) True, I got my a$$ kicked a lot in the beginning when I still learning the ropes, and sometimes a team's random and cowardly behavior results in the enemy quickly killing us all, but there are good games and bad games. The good stuff can be really good, and I'm spending so much time researching different mechs, builds, and playing with new ideas.

Potatoes doing potato things is just part of it, I guess. I'm having a lot of fun despite that.

#76 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:30 AM

View PostPeter2k, on 19 January 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

Long story short, you're not the only one

I know I have stopped playing, cancelling a pre-order here and there was rather liberating to be honest.
Nothing like a year long nothingness in development to put things into perspective really (and I guess for players numbers to slowly erode)

Well to be fair, one needs to be able to survive long enough to pump out damage in big numbers.
If you're team just falls together like a house of cards then its not really easy to do well.

I've looked for other games, that said I have not found something that can really grab my attention; hoping for Anthem a bit, Rebel Galaxy Outlaw will probably do something for me.

And my god I'm waiting on MW5
Even if it does have its failings (hey a PGI game after all), I'm sure modders are going to come through, at least on the most blatant failings.

While I would have agreed on the past million posts since 2013, it feels very different for me this time.

It really has been a year without anything for MWO except fiddling with a few xml values here n there and of course more mech packs

And even now, its only some value changes to LRM, FP changes that are small in like March or April and then what?
Classic maps because PGI doesn't want to put in an effort into MWO.

Add me for Anthem Origin account is Construct_Zero

#77 mabo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:38 AM

IS ANYBODY EVEN HAVING FUN RIGHT NOW?

Yep, I'm having fun.

#78 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:39 AM

We have more in FP than frustration.

Yesterday we had an exciting match!

We met Baldy's team on Tourmaline, good pilots on the other side.

I knew this will become an aggressive match with many pushes and deathballs.

Shortly after grouping up there was a Mad-Cat MK2 push from E6 area, first casualties on our side.

I yelled "Form a fireline, hold the line!!" About 2-3 minutes of wild shootings it was 5 -12 and we were dropping again, the fight is raging near our drop zones.

"Quickly, fresh mechs to me! Counter pressure asap!!"

Storming out of the dropzones we faced still too many MadCats...oh dear they are hard to kill and it hurts!

But we managed to catch up to our first wave mech group, flanked the Cats and destroyed finally their first wave.

But i know Baldy and i knew we have no time for refreshening. "No break guys, make pressure, be aggressive, dont let them group up!" - And now it was on us to take the action! Some of them were not prepared while grouping up, we killed 1 or 2 and forced the enemy to take the fight in the centre of the map.

Wild slaughtery, so much dead on both sides...but we could compensate our first waves - now it was 23 - 24.

Third wave, our team not ready but the fights didn't stop, soon the enemy was at our gates again, no chance for grouping up, the fights took place all over the map now. Several communications showed our desperation, but...they were too aggressive, 3rd wave clearly doomed us:

29 - 36

Last wave. Last chance for glory and victory! we could manage to group up in the open area above the death vally, enemy was near in F7, some on the high ground, the rest on the other side of the valley.

"Attack the high ground from both sides, we need F7 !!"

But, oh boi, my decision lead us into the real nightmare We were shoot from the flanks, from the front and behind....Although we were fast enough, so the enemy couldn't group up entirely. Piranhas. Everywhere Piranhas and Myst Lynxs.

So Baldy, the decision will be here, on the highground in F7...Who will celebrate and who will go into hell?!

Seems like the hell need a new Bishop, because after wild fighting i found myself exploding and the rest of my team fought brave, but the highground in F7 was our end.... 39 - 45.

But wait, 3 of us had a mech left, 3 of us are dropping at the same time: 9CHR, MichaAbt and phenomeni *(names changed for security reasons)

2 Assassins and 1 Oxide, fresh and hardened through this wild fight...9 enemies left, damaged from the highground fights.

1 Myst Lynx was a stick and we saw him on the top of the mountain, taking an overview. Baldy. He managed his hounds of war from the top, giving commands to utterly destroy the rest of our team.

They are coming.

But what can i say? These 3 pilots were damn good, they killed the first 2 lights with focused fire of their numerous SRMs.

41 - 45.

Hits on the back. Hits from the side. Hits from the bong (for me because i was perma).

2 more yes! 43 - 45 !

Enemy was swaying, the Voip was full of cheering on, and these 3 heroes were fighting like the god of war himself was coming upon us!

They killed the rest of the lights in breathtaking moments: 46- 45 !!!

The light on top couldnt do anything, no weapons left, 1 pilot was dropping with his last mech, looking good!

Oh...a bloody fresh Mad Cat MK2 was walking towards our 3 lights...and they were all near to death. 10 seconds...just dont die...5 ...*dakka dakka dakka dakka* ... 3...2...1 !!!

Over! The match is over! 47 - 45 !!! Victory!!

Edited by Bishop Six, 29 January 2019 - 02:40 AM.

#79 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:50 AM

Great Story!

Smoking Snakes

#80 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:56 AM

Game is fun. I have a $4.95 investment in it and am happy playing still.

WoT- I have 21,000 matches, about $200, plus plenty of clan gold purchased stuff invested. It stopped being fun so I walked away.

Don't throw good time after bad money. If you feel this isn't fun, walk away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users