Shoot And Loot Event! And Moar Mech Sales!

131 replies to this topic

#121 ENOVA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 18 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 18 Qualifier
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:23 AM

PGI! U giving us a name of achievement, like "uav locked damage", but why should I guess if it means I must drop uav or I must lurm from with uav help.
Why there is no a guide, a page, something that will explain how to achieve the achievements?
For example - Hit&Run is not that simple as it sounds.
My unit had to do a research to find out its conditions. And a complicated one.
https://youtu.be/3AJo76arPXI
WHY?

#122 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:36 AM

Wow supply cache jackpot Posted Image .

Davion Banner meh
an Engine
Alternate Ghost Bear decal
400 MC

#123 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:09 AM

Well... I have managed to work my way through ALL of the Challenges at this point. One thing's for sure, which is that I found them rather tricky and/or troublesome to pull off and complete. Two items, the 'Head Shot' and the '500 Match Score', are things which I could only achieve just one single time during this Event, with the '500 Match Score' having been the final item for me to complete, and the 'Head Shot' came before it out of being massively sneaky. I'm also going back against my earlier words on the '500 Match Score' being anywhere in the range of reasonable now because I ran into insanely bad behavior and lack of TeamWork from the Player Base in general, which is something I should NEVER have had to suffer through. The 'Head Shot' also has some major game mechanic issues with it, as it requires pixel-perfect accuracy on the center of the quote-unquote "Head Window" on a Mech, and won't even attempt to register for a Head Component being hit unless you're squarely on it. That "Head Window" NEEDS to be made the full size and area of that one section of glass BEFORE being used for Event Criteria ever again! Further, when there are some 'Solo Kill' involved for an Event, people forget all too easily that TeamWork is utterly CRITICAL to survival and earning of anything from a Match. So, if there are three things I would choose to ban from an Event, or at least come nearly-close to banning them, it would be these. Asking for even '475 Match Score' is way beyond more than high enough. Asking for a 'Head Shot' at all, or even for more than '1 Solo Kill', really destroys the ability of people to mentally do better than just playing like a bunch of cats that are impossible to herd where they're needed, or even call for the help of 99.75% of the time when it's critical they do so to earn anything. So yeah, I've been pushed way over into salty territory, as this Event has been far beyond more of a perfect hellish storm than an Event should be. I can even tell that Matt Newman's awesomely good intentions have been wrongfully turned into a road to hell by the Player Base in general, even against his attempt in designing to not let it happen, which really makes me sad. Even though it didn't happen, I really do wish this Event had played out better than what I've experienced in the past 7 Days on the battlefields. :(

*sigh* ... I'll ask you all to pardon me at this point, as I've got one hell of a headache. I've got to get my mind & body ready for the 2019 MWO Valentine's Day Event, if there's even going to be one. Is it just me, or does the timing in this Month of February 2019 actually suck really badly? :unsure:

~Mr. D. V. "I've been shot, and my corpse looted... Things have been awful... Maybe that Next Event will be better?" Devnull

#124 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:46 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 13 February 2019 - 05:09 AM, said:

snip

I've got to get my mind & body ready for the 2019 MWO Valentine's Day Event, if there's even going to be one.

snap

So what should that be :) Killing softly 12 Mechs for your Valentine, or 24 Compartments as a bunch :D 60 KMDD / Kills for the love lol

#125 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:56 AM

@Deadweight18: Well, let us see... Suitable time frame and one or more of the following...

Do 1402 damage, do 1402 damage of each of the three damage types, shoot down 1402 missiles with AMS, gain 140 kill assists, gain 14 KMDDs or killing blows, gain a total of 1402 Match score, destroy 14 components, play 14 games, win 14 games, gain 14 saviour kills, use 14 UAVs, protected proximity, light, medium each 14 times, 14 hit&runs, 14 flanks, play 14 Solaris matches, win 14 Solaris matches, survive 14 times, play on 14 different maps, overheat 14 times, play 14 scouting matches, capture 14 intel, die 14 times, play 14 times with the same mech, play with 14 different mechs, use 14 MC for XP conversion, play with 14 different team mates, play with a specific team mate 14 times, 14 lance formations, shoot down 14 UAVs, KMDD or kill 14 different chassis, capture 14 capture points, destroy 14 buildings or turrets...

Yes, I know, some of those are not that great ideas... but some of them are fairly reasonable... and mr. Newman, if you are reading this, you are free to "steal" any that strike your fancy. ;)

#126 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:13 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 13 February 2019 - 05:09 AM, said:

Well... I have managed to work my way through ALL of the Challenges at this point. One thing's for sure, which is that I found them rather tricky and/or troublesome to pull off and complete. Two items, the 'Head Shot' and the '500 Match Score', are things which I could only achieve just one single time during this Event, with the '500 Match Score' having been the final item for me to complete, and the 'Head Shot' came before it out of being massively sneaky. I'm also going back against my earlier words on the '500 Match Score' being anywhere in the range of reasonable now because I ran into insanely bad behavior and lack of TeamWork from the Player Base in general, which is something I should NEVER have had to suffer through. The 'Head Shot' also has some major game mechanic issues with it, as it requires pixel-perfect accuracy on the center of the quote-unquote "Head Window" on a Mech, and won't even attempt to register for a Head Component being hit unless you're squarely on it. That "Head Window" NEEDS to be made the full size and area of that one section of glass BEFORE being used for Event Criteria ever again! Further, when there are some 'Solo Kill' involved for an Event, people forget all too easily that TeamWork is utterly CRITICAL to survival and earning of anything from a Match. So, if there are three things I would choose to ban from an Event, or at least come nearly-close to banning them, it would be these. Asking for even '475 Match Score' is way beyond more than high enough. Asking for a 'Head Shot' at all, or even for more than '1 Solo Kill', really destroys the ability of people to mentally do better than just playing like a bunch of cats that are impossible to herd where they're needed, or even call for the help of 99.75% of the time when it's critical they do so to earn anything. So yeah, I've been pushed way over into salty territory, as this Event has been far beyond more of a perfect hellish storm than an Event should be. I can even tell that Matt Newman's awesomely good intentions have been wrongfully turned into a road to hell by the Player Base in general, even against his attempt in designing to not let it happen, which really makes me sad. Even though it didn't happen, I really do wish this Event had played out better than what I've experienced in the past 7 Days on the battlefields. Posted Image

*sigh* ... I'll ask you all to pardon me at this point, as I've got one hell of a headache. I've got to get my mind & body ready for the 2019 MWO Valentine's Day Event, if there's even going to be one. Is it just me, or does the timing in this Month of February 2019 actually suck really badly? Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "I've been shot, and my corpse looted... Things have been awful... Maybe that Next Event will be better?" Devnull

The cockpit hitbox needs to be the same size (not necessarily same shape) for every mech. If not some mechs would immediately explode upon contact with the enemy.

Headshot and 500 match score are difficult but not impossible. The rewards just need to be commensurable with the difficulty of the challenge. Currently they usually give the same, or even less rewards than grindy challenges.

#127 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:29 AM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 13 February 2019 - 06:46 AM, said:

So what should that be Posted Image Killing softly 12 Mechs for your Valentine, or 24 Compartments as a bunch Posted Image 60 KMDD / Kills for the love lol

View PostERescue, on 13 February 2019 - 07:56 AM, said:

@Deadweight18: Well, let us see... Suitable time frame and one or more of the following...

Do 1402 damage, do 1402 damage of each of the three damage types, shoot down 1402 missiles with AMS, gain 140 kill assists, gain 14 KMDDs or killing blows, gain a total of 1402 Match score, destroy 14 components, play 14 games, win 14 games, gain 14 saviour kills, use 14 UAVs, protected proximity, light, medium each 14 times, 14 hit&runs, 14 flanks, play 14 Solaris matches, win 14 Solaris matches, survive 14 times, play on 14 different maps, overheat 14 times, play 14 scouting matches, capture 14 intel, die 14 times, play 14 times with the same mech, play with 14 different mechs, use 14 MC for XP conversion, play with 14 different team mates, play with a specific team mate 14 times, 14 lance formations, shoot down 14 UAVs, KMDD or kill 14 different chassis, capture 14 capture points, destroy 14 buildings or turrets...

Yes, I know, some of those are not that great ideas... but some of them are fairly reasonable... and mr. Newman, if you are reading this, you are free to "steal" any that strike your fancy. Posted Image

Oi... You guys... :o

In terms of Valentines' Day, I was thinking more of things that would be helps to others. For example...
  • 214 Kill Assist
  • 14 Savior Kill
  • 1402 AMS Missile Destruction
  • 14 UAV Detection
  • 2 UAV Kill
  • 14 Lance In Formation
  • 2 UAV Locked Damage
  • 4 Hit-and-Run (because 14 felt too high, and 2 felt too low)
  • 6 Flanking (because I had to find a way to use a '6' somewhere)
...and more Support stuff along those lines. Anything that can be done in a selfish manner (like those TeamWork-wrecking 'Solo Kill' counts) should not be criteria anyway for a Valentines' Day Event, because it's the significant other that one is supposed to have their mind on. So if we keep to that theme within MWO, it would mean that we should all be helping each other, instead of thinking only of ourselves. Also, since we have a Monthly Update Patch incoming, it would probably be best to give a Valentines' Day Event a nice and quaint period of 7 Days to get it done. Some people normally won't have access to the weekend, myself unfortunately included. Plus, most people will end up with their significant other dragging them off to other things for a bit, putting a real kink in the online time of many more people. Stack on top of that the aforementioned Monthly Update Patch, and it's a perfectly disastrous storm waiting to happen. That will result in most people needing a really stress-free Event, because otherwise they would run up against a time wall and have to make a choice that could cause them real trouble on Valentines' Day, which I would think is something we don't want to have happen here. :huh:

~D. V. "Valentines' Day isn't for the selfish things... It's for the selfless ones." Devnull

#128 Adarven

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:30 AM

View PostImperialKnight, on 13 February 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

The cockpit hitbox needs to be the same size (not necessarily same shape) for every mech. If not some mechs would immediately explode upon contact with the enemy.

Headshot and 500 match score are difficult but not impossible. The rewards just need to be commensurable with the difficulty of the challenge. Currently they usually give the same, or even less rewards than grindy challenges.

Only HS is difficult. 500 matchscore is OK - grab a missile mech and u get it in couple of matches. BTW - my highest score yesterday was around 650 with Flea (5xSL + 2x MPL)

#129 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:05 AM

View PostImperialKnight, on 13 February 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

I disagree, as I find it should be just a little larger than what they are now. There are Mechs out there like the Mauler, Awesome, HellBringer, and Timber Wolf that have a very defined Head Window. Some have it square, some have it like a wedge, some have it in another different shape. Right now, only the very center of it counts for a Head Shot, which really is bad Hit Registration. The ENTIRE area of that single small window (and only that, not all of the glass windows on the Cockpit) should be possible to get hit for a Head Shot, otherwise it just makes it too easy for someone to strip down their Head Armor and thoroughly shrug off a Head Shot like it wasn't anything. And then for Mechs like the Marauder IIC, it needs to be large enough that even if you're 70 degrees to the side, then the Head Window can still be hit. Firing where it should be and getting no proper indication due to your shot failing to actually hit what you aimed properly at because the hitbox is way beyond too small and unstrikeable is really not acceptable game design. Heck, if you want another bunch of prime offenders in this regard, just look at the Spider, Arctic Cheetah, Nova, or Enforcer, where the Head Window only has just the very center pixel that will count as the Head being damaged. Simply put, the Head Window should not require someone humanly managing accuracy equivalent to a damned aimbot! <_<

~D. V. "Much ado about Head Windows, anyone? Yeah, the hitbox is too small and really irks me." Devnull

#130 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:36 PM

View PostAdarven, on 13 February 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

Only HS is difficult. 500 matchscore is OK - grab a missile mech and u get it in couple of matches. BTW - my highest score yesterday was around 650 with Flea (5xSL + 2x MPL)

I agree. I'm not a badass or anything, but I pass 500 sometimes. It's not that hard.

Headshots, on the other hand, are crazy-hard. I only have one headshot out of about 500 matches that I've played so far, and that one was totally lucky. I think it was my second kill ever, and the guy probably had like no cockpit armor because I did it with 2 C-ERLL's from my ACH. I've been trying to get a headshot for days with no luck, carefully aiming for the right, tiny spot. I've damaged some heads, but even with all Wubs, no dice. Pretty easy to hit an Atlas's left eye, btw. I've had the most success damaging those. That's the only thing I haven't completed on the event, and looks like I won't be. Too bad. I hear that those rare supply caches are the most likely to have Mech bays.

#131 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:21 PM

I don't believe you still get mechbays from supply caches. Not since the revamp.

#132 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:57 PM

Valentine's Event! I need to stomp mechs WITH LOVE!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users