• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:25 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 12 February 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

The whalehammer approaches!

More like "Wallhammer".
And it only got 75° torso yaw which makes those great shield arms lose their value.

#42 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:00 PM

View PostAntares102, on 14 February 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

More like "Wallhammer".
And it only got 75° torso yaw which makes those great shield arms lose their value.

More like Whalehammer.

#43 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:16 PM

View PostFupDup, on 14 February 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

More like Whalehammer.

Ok then Whalehammer.... could have been a nice mech, but feels like garbage when looking at its stats.
I wanted to run the hero with 2xLBX10/2xPPC, but after seeing the mobility and the torso yaw I just a short laugh.
I bit more mobility wouldn't hurt a 80t i.e. lowest assault tonnage mech. Same goes for torso yaw.

Edited by Antares102, 14 February 2019 - 02:18 PM.

#44 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:19 PM

View PostAntares102, on 14 February 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

Ok then Whalehammer.... could have been a nice mech, but feels like garbage.
I wanted to run the hero with 2xLBX10/2xPPC, but after seeing the mobility and the torso yaw I just a short laugh.
I bit more mobility wouldn't hurt a 80t i.e. lowest assault tonnage mech.

Ideally the Whalehammer IIC's agility would sit somewhere between the main Clan heavies and main Clan assaults, serving as a nice compromise between them. Right now PGI is gearing it as if it'll be a main assault like the MCII.

#45 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:30 PM

Quirks are up. 13 kph/s acceleration. 72 degree/s twist rate. It's as slow as Supernova. What a joke.

Edited by kapusta11, 14 February 2019 - 02:43 PM.

#46 Psykmoe

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:01 PM

That's basically the Stalker's mobility profile, except its shape means damage spreading is very doable despite awful torso mobility. The Warhammer IIC's torso will suffer from twisting slower than an Atlas.

#47 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:03 PM

She's certainly curvy, kinda sexy actually. Although with a chest that big she's going to be hard to miss.

#48 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:31 PM

View PostAntares102, on 14 February 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

Ok then Whalehammer.... could have been a nice mech, but feels like garbage when looking at its stats.
I bit more mobility wouldn't hurt a 80t i.e. lowest assault tonnage mech. Same goes for torso yaw.

Oh Jeez, your right. Slow twist with very, very truncated arcs 75 degrees vs 110 degrees on the IS Warhammer. Is it even going to be able to twist enough to actually shield? It is also saddled with a very low 13.11 acceleration.

Oh well I really won't be able to tell what it will be able to do until we get it in the game and see how good or bad the hit boxes are but I am really not holding my breath counting on the hit boxes to save this mech. Overall I don't think it will be DOA but I do think it is going to be very Meh.

#49 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:36 PM

My issue is the Agility. Wide mechs won't be that bad if they just have cool agility -- it was one of the lifelines of King Crab before armor quirks.

#50 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:47 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 14 February 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

My issue is the Agility. Wide mechs won't be that bad if they just have cool agility -- it was one of the lifelines of King Crab before armor quirks.

And guess what PGI did.. didn't give it agility.. made it a barn door to shoot at with no survivability quirks and piss poor mobility and torso turn angles... can someone pull up the GAR number for comparison please? I'm on my cellphone and canr get it to pull up.

#51 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:08 AM

View PostGrus, on 15 February 2019 - 10:47 AM, said:

Can someone pull up the GAR number for comparison please? I'm on my cellphone and canr get it to pull up.

Sure:

Gargoyle:

Torso twist range: Lots
Torso twist speed: Nippy
Torso pitch range: Like a Yoga Instructor
Torso pitch speed: Brilliant

Warhammer IIC:

Torso twist range: Grandad
Torso twist speed: Never twist while carrying a load, it will injure your back
Torso pitch range: Don't bend - lift with your knees
Torso pitch speed: Just turn your legs
Machine gun quirks: Yes!

#52 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 12:17 PM

It'd have been too much to expect for the Clan Wham to get better mobility or torso stats than Mr. Gargles, but there's no way it should accelerate slower than the HGN-IIC, and in no way shape or form should it have an inferior twist profile to the MCII. That's silly.

#53 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 01:03 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 15 February 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

Sure:

Gargoyle:

Torso twist range: Lots
Torso twist speed: Nippy
Torso pitch range: Like a Yoga Instructor
Torso pitch speed: Brilliant

Warhammer IIC:

Torso twist range: Grandad
Torso twist speed: Never twist while carrying a load, it will injure your back
Torso pitch range: Don't bend - lift with your knees
Torso pitch speed: Just turn your legs
Machine gun quirks: Yes!

Quality troll.

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 15 February 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

It'd have been too much to expect for the Clan Wham to get better mobility or torso stats than Mr. Gargles, but there's no way it should accelerate slower than the HGN-IIC, and in no way shape or form should it have an inferior twist profile to the MCII. That's silly.

Yeah that's the issue, better choices up and down the list for FW... letalone QP.

#54 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:57 PM

Posted Image

So much smaller than the Awesome

#55 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 15 February 2019 - 03:15 PM

Agility is gonna be an issue, but... it honestly doesn't seem to be a very large robit. Smaller than I expected, and quite a bit of air space between torso and arms. Even the missile pods don't seem to take up too much real-estate.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 15 February 2019 - 03:16 PM.

#56 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 03:26 PM

That's good news, at least. It may be wide in proportion to its own height, but it looks pretty small for an assault anyway.

Press F for the Sadaphract though.

#57 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 03:49 PM

Ooh that's a *nice* profile indeed. Looks like we fat-shamed that chunky monkey right in time for him to make a last minute weight cut.

#58 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 05:23 PM

The scaling is much better than I expected, but I still maintain that its agility values are way too low. I'd rather sacrifice a little bit of extra fatness if it meant being able to actually maneuver.

#59 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:04 PM

View PostFupDup, on 15 February 2019 - 05:23 PM, said:

The scaling is much better than I expected, but I still maintain that its agility values are way too low. I'd rather sacrifice a little bit of extra fatness if it meant being able to actually maneuver.

Yeah it should be called the Nerfhammer IIC because PGI pre-nerfed the hell out of it. I mean I wasn't expecting it to have the greatest agility stats but that 70 degree twist angle is just brutally harsh. I think it might be worse than the KDK to be honest. We will have to see how it plays but I have a feeling mine will likely sit in the mech bay and rot after the events for it are over.

#60 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:32 PM

View PostAngel of Annihilation, on 15 February 2019 - 09:04 PM, said:

I think it might be worse than the KDK to be honest.

Nah, KDK is 60 degrees (the long-suffering Mauler is 63). The Clan Wham isn't quite that stiff.

...but has exactly the same accel/decel stats, apart from the KDK-3. Because, y'know, an 80-tonner really needs to be just as sluggish as a 100-tonner. And slower torso twist rate (again, except for the KDK-3, which is way slower).

Still, at least some builds should be viable. A Scorch Jr. build on the We'reSorryHammer should be decent, and the Hero can do similarly punchy things with dual large ballistics. That's the one thing this 'Mech can do that isn't already possible in the 80t bracket, and it's a very narrow niche because the MAD-IIC and WHK can run dual large ballistics for just 5 tons more.

The "normal" variants are gonna be completely eclipsed by existing 'Mechs, though- there's just nothing to make them stand out. The HBR and MAD-IIC already do great laservomit; the NTG and NCT already do missilepuke better; the WHK and SMN have the ERPPC niche locked down. It's really only going to be a "gee, I really need an 80t 'Mech for FP to make my deck work" choice, and considering how dead FP is and has been for years that's not saying much. Even the jump-capable holiday bonus variant isn't much to look at- only 5E+1M totally hobbles it compared to even last year's loyalty MAD-IIC.

I hope PGI reconsiders the mobility stats. I really do.

Edited by WrathOfDeadguy, 15 February 2019 - 10:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users