67 replies to this topic

#21 Lily of Thrace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 190 posts
  • LocationUtopia, Terra

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:19 PM

As an old player, I'm overjoyed to see some of the old maps coming back finally. I've been wanting them back for a long time. So, thanks, PGI.

#22 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:37 AM

Old Forest Colony I recall was an imbalanced map. The team that starts closer to the tunnel has high ground immediately on their side while the ship side team does not. I'm not going to be too thrilled about this map unless they modify the terrain a little bit for the team with a disadvantage.

Edited by BlackhawkSC, 26 February 2019 - 12:37 AM.

#23 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:41 AM

Looking forward to the re-introduction of the maps, I joined after most of them had been replaced.

Re: New Canyon, a bit disappointing that it isn't a new Bog, we have 2, soon 4, Ice maps, but only 1 Jungle. Feels like a missed opportunity, the idea above of having water in it, is also great. Maybe another iteration could flavour it like this? I think most maps have the potential to be re-skinned, I for one would be happy with that.

As for FW, as a solo pug, that is where good mechs go to have a bad time against the well-coordinated pre-made groups.

#24 mgto

• PipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:56 AM

Nice, thx for bringing back the old maps!!

#25 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:42 AM

View Postmgto, on 26 February 2019 - 01:56 AM, said:

Nice, thx for bringing back the old maps!!

I have to agree on the Old Forest Colony Map, provided it's the one with the Tunnel Area. I never got to play on that particular version myself. :(

@ Everyone ---

On other notes, I'm wondering why PGI has failed to start using End-Of-Round Bonuses/Penalties for whether your Teammates are Alive or Dead? This could have KILLED the Anti-Team Behaviors that are making so many people angry, myself included. Anywho, built a Suggestion Thread for that, kept it reasonably simple. <_<

And while we're at it, why hasn't PGI implemented the hallmark of MechWarrior Games, the Active Sensor Mode? Anywho, also built a Suggestion Thread for that, even though it took a hell of a lot more work! I think the people really mentally invested in Information Warfare would be really interested in that one. Kills any Anti-Team Behavior, and makes it more possible to work together too. :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "Returning Maps? Nice! ....... Now, where's the REAL Fixes for Anti-Team Behavior?" Devnull

#26 Znozoic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 133 posts
  • Locationin the *** of the world, literally (argentina)

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:15 AM

stop make cold maps... start to do real good hot maps...

#27 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:15 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 26 February 2019 - 04:42 AM, said:

I have to agree on the Old Forest Colony Map, provided it's the one with the Tunnel Area. I never got to play on that particular version myself. Posted Image

@ Everyone ---

On other notes, I'm wondering why PGI has failed to start using End-Of-Round Bonuses/Penalties for whether your Teammates are Alive or Dead? This could have KILLED the Anti-Team Behaviors that are making so many people angry, myself included. Anywho, built a Suggestion Thread for that, kept it reasonably simple. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "People are editing my self quotes now." Devnull

You could give people a fifteen minute ban everytime they did something that negatively impacted their team and you would still get people going willy nilly - either people are only interested in completing events and/or they dont care about winning so much as they do their own performance. This is made worse by the 'trying so hard they hurt the team' types that dont have the testicular fortitude to take charge but will readily blame everyone for not doing what they think they should have done - after its too late to do it.

#28 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:36 AM

Can we say minimal effort?

#29 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:11 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 26 February 2019 - 06:15 AM, said:

"testicular fortitude"

I am so stealing that :)

#30 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 26 February 2019 - 09:46 AM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 26 February 2019 - 08:11 AM, said:

I am so stealing that Posted Image

Haha enjoy, I heard it somewhere else but not sure where at this point.

#31 FuzzyNova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 401 posts
  • LocationComStar Cafeteria

Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:32 PM

Oh my god!!! I missed those maps. I am so freaking glad they are bringing them back. How many of you are going to get that rush of nostalgia. I know i am. Wasnt there an old Caustic too? I cant remember. All i remember is that there used to be a different map that looked like caustic valley but it had more trees and hills. It didnt have the Caustic Refinery Machinery and Blue torch flame effects tho. I miss that one too. But the old frozen city....thats gonna be so awesome.....thank you PGI.

#32 axerion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Davion
  • Hero of Davion
  • 297 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOdenwald

Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:43 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 22 February 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

• Feature Improvements:

- Updating the End of Round Screen to display the amount of time a player has spent on a capture point.

Great to take a look at the end screen info :)

I would love to have some additional information
  • received Damage
  • damage on Objectives (like turrets and stuff)
  • received Team Damage

#33 SpankyHam9709

Rookie

• The Dreadnought
  • The Dreadnought
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:15 PM

Kinda sucks for a new player to miss out on a free mech. Good to see the dev's being active with the game development and improvements

#34 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:57 PM

I like using old maps to expand variety without having to go full bore into more new maps.

I'm also a fan of taking the battle areas of maps that are presently faction-only, chopping off part/all of the spawn/approach areas, and turning those into QP maps too.

#35 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:06 PM

View PostSpankyHam1878, on 26 February 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

Kinda sucks for a new player to miss out on a free mech. Good to see the dev's being active with the game development and improvements
"active" laughed had at that. Part time at best.

Balance pass will have more clan nerfs.

Edited by Grus, 26 February 2019 - 02:05 PM.

#36 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:28 PM

View Posttacorodwarrior, on 22 February 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

First

Disappointing

View PostSpankyHam1878, on 26 February 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

But they have made mechs free periodically through the past 5+ years. There will be more.

P.s. - I hope they change the drop zones in Forest Colony classic... Peeps are gonna be mad when they get hit by guass/LB2 the moment the game begins....

P.P.S - You'll find me ganking the uninitiated in the cave...

#37 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 26 February 2019 - 03:38 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 22 February 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

• Feature Improvements:

- Updating the End of Round Screen to display the amount of time a player has spent on a capture point.

While you are at it:
How about having the end of round screen display the breakdowns for things you did, cbills/xp gains without having to scroll? Its 2019, most players should have upgraded from their 1280x768 screens.
Similar, the buttons when you hit ESC during a match should be larger, at least twice their current size. I only have a 1920x1200 screen, can't imagine how tiny these must be on a 2560x1440.
The end of round screen should appear sooner, what is this grace period after the winning condition is met good for? It just wastes time.

Bonus points would be for the match server telling the lounge when your mech is dead, at least in QP. There is no point in returning to a QP match when your mech is dead, why even have that option?

#38 AlinonMo

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 04:09 AM

View PostBuenaventura, on 26 February 2019 - 03:38 PM, said:

[/i]

While you are at it:
How about having the end of round screen display the breakdowns for things you did, cbills/xp gains without having to scroll? Its 2019, most players should have upgraded from their 1280x768 screens.
Similar, the buttons when you hit ESC during a match should be larger, at least twice their current size. I only have a 1920x1200 screen, can't imagine how tiny these must be on a 2560x1440.

They need to add dynamic scaling to all their menus, including the mech lab. My PC is hooked up to a 4k tv but need to play at 1440 or 1080 just so that I can see the menus/mech lab.

#39 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 February 2019 - 04:22 AM

This roadmap screams LAZY, still no new maps, we get only two small old maps back and one reskinned map. You want ppl to keep buying mech packs PGI just so they could play with those new mechs on same old maps, you want to bore us to death? we need NEW maps (preferably more than just 1 per year).

White nascar network? seriously? will you just change colour of canyon network and base temp? laughable idea & waste of time, really now If you dont want to make new maps for us please ffs give the community map maker tools.

As for that FP update, it wont make FP any less shallow and any more fun in the end, it is really a pity.

Edited by Kell Aset, 27 February 2019 - 12:03 PM.

#40 HeavyMetal2kx

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:07 AM

I'm a bit dissapointed in PGI for just reskinning maps, and trying to pass them off as "new". Maps are not hard to make, and they don't take a long time! I'm getting bored with playing the same maps over, and over, and over! We NEED/want variety. Reskins and heat value changes are at very most the bare minimum effort. It is time PGI gave map making abilities to the players. PGI should approve of some player community to build a few maps, send those in to PGI for approval, then patch them into the game. I bet that would bring even more warriors to the battlefield, AND it would increase PGI's revenue. Please PGI, PRETTY PLEASE!!!!! (You can't deny a pretty please. its the code.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users