183 replies to this topic

#101 MechNexus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:31 PM

View PostSaiphas Cain, on 01 March 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

This sounds like a well tested thing and I appreciate the direct and frank analysis. It shows that it was tested and not simply fired from the hip and suggests to the player base that perhaps, the devs aren't the complete morons so many complain. Perhaps programming an entire game like this takes some skill afterall and there's a lot going on under the hood we never see. Anyone complaining more about LRM buffs needs to take radar derp more instead of completing their firepower tree perhaps? I'm nowhere near the best player on here and even I don't have any issues with LRM's. My only concern with this is unintentionally having problems firing over the heads of my allies like I do now at 300m when I'm second line increasing firepower without increasing frontage in my archer like a good artillery fire support platform. When I get into brawling range it I'm sure it'll be fine.

The problem with saying "just take radar derp/ams" is that people shouldn't be forced to spend between 9 and 16 nodes (for 60%/100% radar derp) and/or at least 1.5-3 tons on AMS to counter one weapon system that doesn't require any aim, exposure or any effort at all from it's user, when said skill points and tonnage could go towards more interesting things.

I say counter, that's only enough to make it vaguely tolerable to fight.

#102 IronEleven

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:47 PM

View PostMechNexus, on 01 March 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

The problem with saying "just take radar derp/ams" is that people shouldn't be forced to spend between 9 and 16 nodes (for 60%/100% radar derp) and/or at least 1.5-3 tons on AMS to counter one weapon system that doesn't require any aim, exposure or any effort at all from it's user, when said skill points and tonnage could go towards more interesting things.

You forgot the best part, it's dead tonnage/points if your opponent doesn't bring LRMs or ATMs.

#103 MechNexus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:49 PM

View PostIronEleven, on 01 March 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

You forgot the best part, it's dead tonnage/points if your opponent doesn't bring LRMs or ATMs.

**** u rite

#104 Daurock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:55 PM

View PostMechNexus, on 01 March 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

With the Changes to the Lock-On mechanics, those points are probably less necessary than before if he plays in that fashion. Keep in mind that they're significantly lengthening the time he needs to lock-on if he's firing Indirectly. What was before roughly "2 seconds to lock, 3 seconds for flight" becomes something more like "4 seconds to lock, 2.7 seconds for flight." That's a net Nerf to IDF. With the heat and spread changes, he's going to be hitting more softly, and less often as well.

If he has help via a UAV that fails to get shot down, a NARC, or a friendly light adept at holding locks and not dying, it doesn't matter whether you have those perks or not - Both now, and in the future, you're going to get rained on. (Only now, they'll hit a little less hard due to spread and heat changes.)

Edited by Daurock, 01 March 2019 - 12:58 PM.

#105 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:37 PM

I just realized.

ATM3s would still do 0.025s volley-interval as opposed of 0.05s. Didn't they already have higher missile-health to compensate? IIRC, the shorter stream was done for less AMS vulnerability, but now with individual missile health, I see no point for this inconsistency.

#106 NUMBERZero1032

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 148 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 March 2019 - 04:27 PM

Posted Image

The freaking patch hasn't even dropped yet and I am burning through 11,000 rounds of AMS each game. I am destroying thousands of missiles. These chuckleheads are probably spending millions of C-Bills on ammo. IF YOU WANT ANOTHER BAD IDEA, BRING BACK AMMUNITION COSTS AND INFLATE THE COST ON LRM'S, BECAUSE GOD KNOWS THAT THEY'RE FIRING OFF MORE THAN EVERY FACTORY IN THE UNIVERSE COULD EVER PRODUCE.

#107 NUMBERZero1032

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 148 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 March 2019 - 04:41 PM

This is what some of my mechs look like nowadays. Look at all that AMS ammo. THIS IS WHAT MWO HAS COME TO. I USE ALL THIS AMMO.

Posted Image
Posted Image

WAIT, NO, EVEN BETTER. LOOK. Look at the saves of my Stalker-5S builds. I name them off of how much AMS ammo they carry. I take out a different one depending on what the weather is like. I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING. Chris, stop, let me die in peace, please.
Posted Image

#108 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 03:12 PM

thanks chris

#109 NUMBERZero1032

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 148 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 05 March 2019 - 01:59 AM

Hey Chris, if you can get LRM's to work based on LoS, you think you can get AMS to work on LoS too? I'm tired of having thousands of rounds disappear into a building, or in the tunnel on Crimson, and having to remember to manually turn it off and on again just to conserve ammo.

Edited by NUMBERZero1032, 05 March 2019 - 01:59 AM.

#110 MiZia

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:10 AM

View PostNUMBERZero1032, on 03 March 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

The freaking patch hasn't even dropped yet and I am burning through 11,000 rounds of AMS each game. I am destroying thousands of missiles. These chuckleheads are probably spending millions of C-Bills on ammo. IF YOU WANT ANOTHER BAD IDEA, BRING BACK AMMUNITION COSTS AND INFLATE THE COST ON LRM'S, BECAUSE GOD KNOWS THAT THEY'RE FIRING OFF MORE THAN EVERY FACTORY IN THE UNIVERSE COULD EVER PRODUCE.

While i can understand your frustration i may make questions, how do those people get so many doritos to launch the missiles, does the enemy have a spotter every drop? or is it just that noone cares about uavs? or is it that people just dont use covers?

Well it The thinking man sim...guess someone has to power on his brain :P

#111 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:45 PM

Posted Image
More LRM buffs please.

#112 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 04:43 PM

Cant wait to check it out

Could be the Dawn of a new Era

Might close the gap between the regular lermsters and meta pilots, thou I doubt it
Metal pilots will just farm the regular lermsters with the New Age Meta

So if the intent is to reduce the skillgap.....
....Only match maker can do that

Though I'm still interested in the LRM changes as the games was getting stale and want to see how it all pans out.

For better or worse

Just like Beta

Tuning to community acceptance for MWO2 Posted Image

Make it the best implementation of Lerms eva, perhaps , maybe

Time will tell

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 06 March 2019 - 04:49 PM.

#113 SneekiBreeki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 358 posts
  • LocationI came here to laugh at you.(^・ω・^)

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:02 PM

>Artificially closing the skill-gap by giving the permabads overly strong lock-on weaponry

HELL NO.

#114 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 10:47 AM

View PostSneekiBreeki, on 06 March 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

>Artificially closing the skill-gap by giving the permabads overly strong lock-on weaponry

HELL NO.

Thing is what if your not a potato player who already know how to make a good LRM mech that can do work...this could be broken I don't know. https://mech.nav-alp...3d4d645c_ARC-2R

#115 KHETTI

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 07 March 2019 - 10:51 AM

Chris really needs to stop taking balancing advice from Wargaming.

#116 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 08 March 2019 - 04:29 AM

I don't think it doesn't even need to be discussed if LRMs are OP or not. They promote static gameplay because as soon as you step out of cover you get a plethora of missiles incoming. That's unhealthy for the gameplay because having to sides sit in cover playing whack-a-mole is just dull and boring

It is even worse for fast mechs without ECM because they cannot flank (out of AMS cover since only massed AMS can down a meaningful number of missiles) and have to run off as soon as the rain starts

Oh, speaking of lock-on weapons. Thanks for what you did to streaks, Now more and more streak boats appear. As if playing a light wasn't hard enough, now you can get one-shot nearly every other match when you don't pay attention. Seriously, someone who thinks it a good idea to have a weapon system which hardcounters a whiole mech class should get slapped senseless.

But hey, keep the 35t mechs agility down as it is at the moment some potato who isn't using streaks could miss the barnd door that 35t mechs are

Edited by Bush Hopper, 08 March 2019 - 04:45 AM.

#117 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:06 AM

View PostNUMBERZero1032, on 05 March 2019 - 01:59 AM, said:

Hey Chris, if you can get LRM's to work based on LoS, you think you can get AMS to work on LoS too? I'm tired of having thousands of rounds disappear into a building, or in the tunnel on Crimson, and having to remember to manually turn it off and on again just to conserve ammo.

I just wanted to stop in and say, last I knew, AMS shoots through terrain. So your ammo is not being wasted against the terrain, but is still tracking and trying to take down missiles.

Now, if you are saying "it's shooting missiles that are coming at me that can never hit me", that's a different story. I'm just remarking that AMS shoots through objects to stop missiles. So, for example, say you are in the tunnel and your AMS is rattling off against missiles launched at a teammate outside the tunnel, you AMS should still be providing benefits for that teammate.

#118 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 March 2019 - 04:56 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 27 February 2019 - 07:18 PM, said:

4th buff to lrms in a row.

lol - been a while away but i can clearly see -nothing has changed.

#119 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:48 PM

I decided to check why there are so many LRMs on the field. Took my LRM-30 trench bucket ...
When your regular potato can consistently do twice the usual damage, you know something is wrong with the balance:
Spoiler

PGI, after you sell the Dervish, please roll this crap back. It is not fun gameplay. Easy mode auto-aim should never be as rewarding as normal gunplay.

#120 Lances107

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 291 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:14 AM

The Nightmare that could kill MWO has begun. The last two days Ive seen more LRM boats then I care to count. Terrible bracket builds with LRMs are through the roof. So here is a problem with some of what I have read so far. The radar Derp percentage is way lower then the nodes that allow you to retain lock when someone goes behind cover. If I remember correctly each retain lock node is a upwards of 200 percent, while the radar derp one is at 10 percent. Maybe off by 10 percent on the radar derp nodes. Pre skill tree. If a LRM boat locked on to you, you powered down until they lost lock and kept playing the game. Now they can retain lock even if your powered down. Even worse the LRMs of the IS will be able to break through triple ams with the proposed changes to go live. Players better then me did the math. This does not even cover the LRMS going for peoples legs.

I made a commitment I intend to complete, however once that is done, if these changes go live and the q because LRM battles. I am done with MWO, and I can tell you I will not be the only one. This is the worse set of planned buffs I have ever seen. Especially the velocity buffs.The curious thing is rumor has it you are doing this to force lrms into comp. Force feeding your customers is a good way to go out of business.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users