Warrior Spirit Dervish Pre-Order Is Here.

110 replies to this topic

#41 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:56 PM

Eh, another energy/missile mech. Cool art but I'm good.

#42 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:02 PM

View PostAlvar Von Kenesthor, on 06 March 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

*Wakes up*
*Opens wallet*
"Not an Urbanmech IIC?"
*Closes wallet*
*back to sleep*

View PostSniper09121986, on 06 March 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

Well, next month is a Clan mech month, Urbie-IS was announced on April 1st and we have had Clan heavy and assault recently, sooo...

That would be a game-changer which would put a smile on my face. We already have a Suggestion Thread running about this for quite some long time now. I look forward to seeing the "Urbie vs. Urbie-IIC" fights that would ensue after release, and it's overdue for happening. :D

~Mr. D. V. "Rise now, UrbanMech IIC, long may you live!" Devnull

#43 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:05 PM

Dervish before Crusader? You can't be serious PGI.

#44 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:10 PM

View PostRuccus, on 06 March 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

There still is. When I drop in a mech that has doors I keep forgetting whether the key is "\" or "/"; unfortunately it's one of them while the alpha strike key is the other... don't try to open the doors while facing a teammate.

The closed doors also mean a 20% damage reduction to the torso when the door is closed (and it's got a missile weapon mounted there).

Posted Image i had these moments too, mistaken the keys.

So it is 20% now? I didn't play for a while, last time it was 10% reduction, and PGI discussed moving bay doors from damage reduction to having their own hit points. I guess it didn't happen?

#45 Osprey Hawk

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:23 PM

Those are some sweet bay doors. Will they be included like the Archer & Catapult or will they go the way of the Centurion's hatches?

Also, when are you finally going to fix the damned hatch shadows not moving with the mech?! It's been ages!

#46 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:29 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 06 March 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

Pardon me, but why does the Mech's Purchase Page not happen to have an indication of whether the Mech is Inner Sphere or Clan? It's kind of confusing, particularly for those who would want/need to know what Tech Base it runs upon. Could we have that added to the information, please? Posted Image

~D. V. "just not getting why that information was omitted" Devnull

Someone needs to git gud at the lore...

#47 Osprey Hawk

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:32 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 06 March 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

Pardon me, but why does the Mech's Purchase Page not happen to have an indication of whether the Mech is Inner Sphere or Clan? It's kind of confusing, particularly for those who would want/need to know what Tech Base it runs upon. Could we have that added to the information, please? Posted Image

~D. V. "just not getting why that information was omitted" Devnull

The way I figure it out, is by looking for the word "Clan" on the weapon/equipment names. If they're missing, it's IS. Simple.

#48 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:42 PM

The comparisons to the griffin for hardpoints is spot on, but the geometry looks way better. Griffins are huge, and this looks much more compact.

#49 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:52 PM

View PostCato Zilks, on 06 March 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

The comparisons to the griffin for hardpoints is spot on, but the geometry looks way better. Griffins are huge, and this looks much more compact.

If its not DoA, its power creep Posted Image

#50 Topsytervy

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 39 posts
  • Locationphx

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:57 PM

Yes, another 3025 gem. Been waiting for this one...already asked the wife!

#51 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:58 PM

Dervish! YES! God, this little thing was one of my favorite fire support mechs back in the tabletop. So happy to see it get some love.

Also, for everyone complaining that this mech fills a role already filled by other mechs, let me ask you this. Why does that matter? With the number of mechs in MWO right now, it's impossible for them to add new mechs that don't fill a similar role to other mechs in the game. So, if they decided to agree with you, we wouldn't get any new mechs. Ever. And there's still dozens of iconic mechs that haven't been added yet. We only just recently won the fight to use the Unseen, which means there's a number of popular mechs that can be added in now. Mechpacks don't take development time away from new maps. The guys who build and animate the mechs aren't the same guys who work on new maps, or new game modes, or balance. So why do you keep complaining? I'm genuinely curious.

Edited by AncientRaig, 06 March 2019 - 02:59 PM.

#52 Topsytervy

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 39 posts
  • Locationphx

Posted 06 March 2019 - 03:00 PM

One before the other...Crusader will come have faith.

#53 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 06 March 2019 - 03:02 PM

Seriously though isn't IS Mediums the most prolific type of mech in this game? Doesn't add variety either. Take a longer break from IS mediums please.

#54 leony

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 06 March 2019 - 03:06 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 06 March 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

The inclusion of MRMs and Medium Lasers indicates it is an IS mech.

Affirmative

#55 leony

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 06 March 2019 - 03:12 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 06 March 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

It looks like a beefed up Enforcer. Am I the only one seeing this? Visually I mean.

True

#56 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 06 March 2019 - 03:18 PM

I'm excited to see another 3025 Mech in the game!

#57 Blacksheep One

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Beer and Cheese

Posted 06 March 2019 - 03:35 PM

View PostRuccus, on 06 March 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

There still is. When I drop in a mech that has doors I keep forgetting whether the key is "\" or "/"; unfortunately it's one of them while the alpha strike key is the other... don't try to open the doors while facing a teammate.

The closed doors also mean a 20% damage reduction to the torso when the door is closed (and it's got a missile weapon mounted there).

If you ever forget... hit F1 for the keyboard map.
It's the / (or ? if you don't want to remember which slash) key, lower right.

#58 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 06 March 2019 - 03:47 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 06 March 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

<<<snip>>>

Someone needs to git gud at the lore...

Trust me, fellow Mech Pilot, I've been trying to. Used to be all that I had as a Resource was the old "MechWarrior 2" & "MechWarrior 3" PC Games, and that ended up going out from under me. Unfortunately, now I only really have the Sarna.Net BattleTech Wiki to count on as a Proper Resource in that regard at this time. Many who are starting out won't even have that, which unfortunately means that PGI has to step up a little about making note of what Mechs go with which Faction Tech Base so that others may understand. So, do you know of any other good sites for BattleTech Information Resources that I could check out? :blink:

~D. V. "still seeing a point to not assuming everyone knows the Lore" Devnull

#59 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 06 March 2019 - 03:50 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 06 March 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

Trust me, fellow Mech Pilot, I've been trying to. Used to be all that I had as a Resource was the old "MechWarrior 2" & "MechWarrior 3" PC Games, and that ended up going out from under me. Unfortunately, now I only really have the Sarna.Net BattleTech Wiki to count on as a Proper Resource in that regard at this time. Many who are starting out won't even have that, which unfortunately means that PGI has to step up a little about making note of what Mechs go with which Faction Tech Base so that others may understand. So, do you know of any other good sites for BattleTech Information Resources that I could check out? :blink: ~D. V. "still seeing a point to not assuming everyone knows the Lore" Devnull

Nah, it's probably too late you for, my man. If you didn't start with the tabletop in the 80's you'll never catch up...

Edited by Bowelhacker, 06 March 2019 - 07:10 PM.

#60 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Posted 06 March 2019 - 03:51 PM

Still waiting on the Templar and Crusader. As someone who used to buy nearly every single mech pack for a couple years, I think its almost been a year since I even considered buying a mech pack. So many mechs that I just dont care at all for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users