#141 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 18 March 2019 - 05:26 PM

View PostK19, on 18 March 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

Never wanted to know Lore BattleTech for nothing will not be now. This not MW game is an alternative. Only the drawings give to walk forward. Posted Image Posted Image

Sorry what?

#142 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:14 PM

I think I'll only play ECM Mechs for the next few days, and see how that pans out.

The key question is: are these overall buffs to LRMs, or nerfs to indirect fire LRMs?

If the cumulative result of these changes is that LRMs are being buffed even further, then it may finally push me to abandon MWO after 5 years.

I'm just dog tired of LRMing and being LRMed on FP matches on Caustic and Polar, where LRM is already the default strategy, and cloaked NARCers basically win the match.

I've never seen a single PGI employee in a FP match. Maybe that's why they seem to have no idea of what FP matches have devolved into on those maps.

#143 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:21 PM

View PostBishop Six, on 18 March 2019 - 02:02 AM, said:

And when 24 lurmers are out there (or 22 and 2 narcer) it is just the ******* most boring match of all time.

^ This. Or I take a 3xAMS boat; the MWO equivalent of playing a Medic in BF. But that too is just a boring way to spend a half hour.

#144 IshanDeston

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 11:41 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 18 March 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

While I see what you're saying.
The Numbers pan out.
But I see it as the sit behind PARASITIC lock farmers are still waiting for SOMEONE ELSE to be in LOS and TAG the target for them.
A net DEBUFF for the people who want the control on themselves and bring these guys closer to the rest of the team WHO ARE IN THE THICK of the battle and brawling or are in a more reasonable LRM range.

Thanks for answering posts too!

What Net Debuff? Not only is the indirect lock-on time dependent on how close you are to the target, but also do the LRMers that go get their own lock, gain the advantage of having a Tag without needing a tag. Which means over all a lot more mechs will be buffed as you don't need to have a high energy mount anymore, so you can paint people with Tag.

So how is any of this a debuff for the people 'in the thick of it' as you put it? This new mechanic does discourage you from sitting at 900meters, waiting for a lock.

You have to explain to me what about any of this is a debuff. If you have a direct line of sight you might actually be able to use the LRM to hit targets on top of HPG or in the HPG basement... the way i see it they made life so much easier for the people 'in the thick of it'.

Even if you loose LOS while being 'in the thick of it'... you still benefit from faster locks, because you are closer to the target.

View PostAppogee, on 18 March 2019 - 06:21 PM, said:

^ This. Or I take a 3xAMS boat; the MWO equivalent of playing a Medic in BF. But that too is just a boring way to spend a half hour.

That depends on the Tripple AMS Mech you are going to use, and given that, if i understood it properly the tripple AMS mechs got nerf'd you could just settle for a double AMS mech, like a Cyclops, Battlemaster, Sunspider and a few others.

#145 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 March 2019 - 12:52 AM

View PostAppogee, on 18 March 2019 - 06:21 PM, said:

I have already prepared myself and made a dual ams drop deck. We tested already dual crab and dual cyclops. I hope that ams adjustment is working, if not it will be getting difficult.

#146 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 12:57 AM

There are also I believe an atlas, battlemaster, two of the phoenix hawks, one of the panthers and at least one of the javelins which have double AMS mounts already but never had any AMS quirks that I can recall for the past several years. I have a vague recollection of their being a black knight model with double AMS also.

Edited by Dee Eight, 19 March 2019 - 12:58 AM.

#147 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:12 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 19 March 2019 - 12:57 AM, said:

There are also I believe an atlas, battlemaster, two of the phoenix hawks, one of the panthers and at least one of the javelins which have double AMS mounts already but never had any AMS quirks that I can recall for the past several years. I have a vague recollection of their being a black knight model with double AMS also.

My Drop Deck:
ASN 27 with ECM, Dual AMS Crab, Dual AMS Battlemaster 2c, Dual AMS Cyclops 11 A-DC.

Thats the future mates :D

#148 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:24 AM

your memories don't fail you.
These are the IS Battlemechs with 2 or (in case of the COR-7A) 4 AMS hardpoints:
  • FS-9S
  • JVN-10F
  • JVN-10N
  • LCT-3M
  • PNT-10K
  • SDR-A
  • WLF-1B
  • BSW-S2
  • CRB-27
  • PXH-3S
  • PXH-KK
  • PXH-R
  • VND-1AA
  • BL-6-KNT
  • CPLT-J
  • GHR-5J
  • TDR-9S
  • ANH-1E
  • AS7-K
  • BLR-2C
  • COR-BR
  • COR-7A
  • CP-11-A-DC
  • NSR-9P
  • STK-5S

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 19 March 2019 - 01:44 AM.

#149 Fed0t

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 51 posts
  • LocationRussia, Bugulma

Posted 19 March 2019 - 02:21 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 18 March 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

Most omni-mech owners don't run their mechs around the stock pods and set of 8 quirks. The Nova triple AMS god with its currentlystacked 30% AMS ROF quirk for example will no longer have that at all, because to do that triple AMS configuration requires mixing pods which will no longer have individual AMS quirks and they'll be no set of 8 quirks either.

Also the AMS range quirks are being removed on virtually every mech that had it, because the base AMS optimal range is increasing from 165 to 190 meters.

Fair, but still some of this omnis have 3 ams and remain with the possibility to amplify their support potential with 8-set-quirks, why only 3 of already weaker it that role double ams IS mechs that were special by this quirks must lose them, becoming just average mechs?
I know Clan\IS doesn't matter much in QP but it's matter for me in terms of preference, i like to play mostly IS mechs.
I bought WLF-1B just for that AMS support role because of the 20% AMS-range quirk, if it becomes overkill in new patch change it to something not just remove. Maybe reduce ams-range quirk to 5% and give maybe 5% lams heat reduction quirk or 5% ams rof?

I't just look for me kinda unfair: we still have 3ams kit fox with both range and rof quirks, 3 ams nova with 15% rof quirk, but can't have IS lights special by the quirks for ams support role?

#150 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:46 AM

View PostAppogee, on 18 March 2019 - 06:14 PM, said:

I've never seen a single PGI employee in a FP match. Maybe that's why they seem to have no idea of what FP matches have devolved into on those maps.

THATS exactly the mainproblem the game has. They dont play their own game and are just doctoring helpless here and there around and after that, wondering why the forums are burning..Where every player else know in forecast what will hwppens when they do this and that are THEY absolutly clueless..and that since years.

Edited by Mighty Spike, 25 March 2019 - 06:11 AM.

#151 Noguchi-san

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:47 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 19 March 2019 - 10:38 AM.
staff abuse

#152 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:13 AM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 18 March 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

For as long as I've been here, (TAG) has always been a 20% global booster.

The patch does not change this, only shifts it.

You can still find the old 50% TAG value in old forum posts or in outdated sites like this wiki : mwo.gamepedia.com/Target_Acquisition_Gear_(TAG)

I think that huge TAG nerf was done ~last year as part of a patch aimed at making it significantly harder to lock streaks on light mechs, with the resulting LRM TAG nerf only being collateral damage. And sure enough : "The patch does not change this".

Edited by Humble Dexter, 19 March 2019 - 06:28 AM.

#153 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:45 AM

View PostFed0t, on 19 March 2019 - 02:21 AM, said:

I't just look for me kinda unfair: we still have 3ams kit fox with both range and rof quirks, 3 ams nova with 15% rof quirk, but can't have IS lights special by the quirks for ams support role?

Actually, the Nova & Kit Fox BOTH get junked with the Upcoming Patch. Most people have their Loadouts in a Non-"Set Of 8" State, and therefore will lose AMS Quirks which they had before. :(

From what I can tell of the Upcoming Patch in general, particularly now that I've also had a chance to check out the gruesome Quirk Details PDF, things are pretty much going to be...
  • Non-Stock Loadouts with AMS are junked.
  • Some more I.S. Mechs with AMS get junked.
  • Many To Most Clan Mechs with AMS get junked.
  • ALL Missile IDF is Junked, throwing out one of the MechWarrior HallMarks. (Of course, we NEVER had True Active Sensors in the first place, so Missile IDF has always been dependent upon TeamWork.)
  • Literally NOBODY will spend out on TAG/NARC/UAVs in order to help Lock-On Missile Users make those Missile Weapons hit. Sadly, that's pretty much how it has always been, so that's just an already-present nail in the proverbial coffin.
  • Energy/Ballistic Snipers an outright case of Free Reign on the battlefields, and NO ability to Suppress them anymore. Brawlers will get screwed completely in trying to get close to their targets.
  • Medically Disabled People who DEPENDED on Missile IDF in order to even be Support-Type Pilots in MWO are basically being told to get lost forever. Their limited options for weapons are now useless and they can NOT really use anything else, as their ability to hold stable in a brawl is non-existent!
  • LoS Missiles are NOT really going to work out for most of the remaining players, as the shake from incoming fire will prevent them from ever getting a Lock-On in any reasonable amount of time. This will result in Missiles becoming generally UnderPowered for most of the Player Base.
  • Lock-On Missiles in general will become more-or-less an outright "Noob Trap" particularly against New Players who then will NOT stick around either.
  • LoS Missiles will ONLY ever work out for Competitive-Level Pilots because they perform at a level well above everyone else. This will result in ALL Lock-On Missile Systems becoming OverPowered ONLY for them, and worthless to all other players.
  • PGI will end up with the Data confirming these predictions in a few months. But by that time, it will be too late and the damage to the Player Base will be enough to finish the death of MWO forever. (Sadly, they were warned in the Missile PTS v2.1 Forum Thread to avoid making IDF worse, but they failed to listen. Most of the Missile Weapon Lineup is about to end up not used anymore.)
...so be prepared to just let go of all the effort you have ever put into this game. Frankly, after what another Online MMO Game did when they completely trashed their Combat System with a total redesign, I've at least been prepared before for having to leave MWO now. When my own body gets too incapable of using Energy/Ballistic Weapons, which it's getting ever-closer to, I'll end up forever joining the ranks of the Medically Disabled People who didn't stick around. MWO is being degraded into nothing more than a flaming pit of Hell where only a few people enjoy and the rest suffer. -_-

Anywho, see you all on the other side of the Patch, which is hitting in less than 15 Minutes of time. I think we're all about to see the doom which the Missile-Related Changes are bringing to the game in general. If people had only learned better as to how to use Terrain & AMS/ECM, this problem might have been avoided. But, those Noobs will ultimately get anything they can trashed, just because they can entirely break the minds of Developers who make games a little too successfully. <_<

~Mr. D. V. "Things are worse than I thought before... I guess it's almost time to go out the door." Devnull

(p.s.: I'll probably check out briefly how things are after the Upcoming Monthly Patch, just to see how bad things have turned. But, I can't see myself sticking around for very long after that.)

[Minor Edit by Post Author due to a Format-Related Issue.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 19 March 2019 - 08:47 AM.

#154 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:31 AM

Now you did it. He's lost his mind and has become the Apostle of the Apocalypse.
Jesus help us...

#155 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:05 AM

First Logon after the Patch, and what do I see? That "VIew Cart" Button in the MechLab has been obscured at 1600x900 Resolution, and made hard-to-click. I bet people at even lower Resolution can't click it whatsoever. We're already going to need a HotFix, damnit. :(

~Mr. D. V. "can't even reach the battlefields without encountering problems" Devnull

#156 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:06 AM

Ignoring all changes, the new maps are awesome, haven't had this much fun in months!

#157 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:24 AM

Bug #2 --- The visible Structure Boost Values do NOT indicate properly. They only show the Base Quirk, but do NOT add in the Boosts from the Skill Nodes that have been added to a Mech's configuration. :(

~D. V. "Now we find Structure Boost Values aren't accurate... How many more problems will get found?" Devnull

#158 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:31 AM

I see that the Kodiak, and other Mechs, are getting 3060 weapons retrofits. But I can't find detail anywhere that explains what those retrofits are. Where do I find that? I'm looking at my Kodiaks in the Mechlab and I don't see any difference. What should I be looking for?

#159 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:36 AM

So, who remembers what I said about the scale of the Corsair being about the size of a Zeus?

Posted Image
In the lineup in random order with some repeats for comparison, we have Old WarIIC, New WarIIC, Wolfhound (35 tons), Corsair free hero (95 tons), Zeus (80 tons) and regular Warhammer (75 tons).

#160 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:39 AM

View PostEurystheus, on 19 March 2019 - 11:31 AM, said:

I see that the Kodiak, and other Mechs, are getting 3060 weapons retrofits. But I can't find detail anywhere that explains what those retrofits are. Where do I find that? I'm looking at my Kodiaks in the Mechlab and I don't see any difference. What should I be looking for?

Difference in LRM vs ATM model, doubt there is a model difference for ER vs Heavy laser. Maybe a size difference for LMG VS MG VS HMG.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users