• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:00 AM

View PostPelmeshek, on 16 March 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

#THXCHRIS
Posted Image

post us a picture with your steam libary under M instead.And this for the next month daily.Then i maybie believe you.
But to be honest i am pretty sure SEE ON THE BATTLEFIELD MECHWARRIOR

............salt

#202 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:40 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 20 March 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

No dude. That is just bone stock.

THIS is the same chart with both ams nodes selected:
in other words... RIP all missile mechs.

Where do I find these charts?

#203 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:33 AM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 20 March 2019 - 11:32 PM, said:

The AMS are really strong now. MRM30 were disintegrated when they left the launchers. Can we have reactive armour on the mechs to counter ballistics please Posted Image

Reactive armor counters missiles and artillery, not ballistics.

You want ballistic-reinforced armor for that, which comes very late in the timeline at the year 3131. It also protects against missiles just like reactive armor.

#204 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:42 PM

I vote we just let the live play results speak for themselves before we wet ourselves, declare that we are quitting the game because LRMs were the only thing we had going for us, and throw tantrums about the game.

I'll be outvoted, I'm sure - but I'm a conservative voter from Oregon. I'm used to it.

#205 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:27 AM

IMHO:
Clan LRMs are dead.
IS LRMs 20% reduction of damage.

I am talking here mid range, LOS , Artemis, TAG, BAP, CC, TC etc... - full power.

bye till the next patch.

Edited by ExoForce, 22 March 2019 - 04:36 AM.

#206 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:45 PM

Posted Image

So much variety now, thanks Posted Image please give us some new maps already(not reskins), soon it will be a year since the release of last new map(solaris city). If you dont want to make maps for us then please release map making tools for the community.

I was hoping that you were at least making trees on old Forest Colony destroyable before re-release of those old maps but nope, we still have ghost trees on old Forest Colony.

As for LRM changes I dunno what to think, lrms seemed ok as they were I guess but then again I never used them all that much and I was never bothered by them much.Not too happy that lrms and atms will fly faster now and it is just weird to make missile hp different for each launcher, while they all use same ammo. Not to mention tighter missile spread just because u have LOS? that seems weird too.

Btw. Corsair could kinda use more spikes, way more spikes,

#207 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 07:23 AM

Did some more matches.

AMS is OP now.
Inadvertently, IS lrms can now do what i will not tell. Still awed. But total damage per match is reduced.
Yap, clan lrms are dead. Hallo, ARC!!!!!!

#208 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:47 AM

View PostExoForce, on 23 March 2019 - 07:23 AM, said:

Did some more matches.

AMS is OP now.
Inadvertently, IS lrms can now do what i will not tell. Still awed. But total damage per match is reduced.
Yap, clan lrms are dead. Hallo, ARC!!!!!!

How about to use some of the many other weapons systems? No? Why? I guess i know...

#209 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 11:01 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 23 March 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

How about to use some of the many other weapons systems? No? Why? I guess i know...

Because after 4000 matches, I am still a no git gud lurm noob, staying behind my team and waiting locks.

#210 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:35 PM

I love the new changes to the LRMs because they travel way faster to the target during LOS. It gives me a good reason to have artimus. I did 828 damage on my first LRM game using a mad dog prime 4 MP and 2 lrm20's. It's actually fun playing lrms!

#211 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 07:29 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 20 March 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

For reference, I personally suffer from problems which can not be cured, and that are slowly destroying my ability to keep a Mech's aim stable. I would have also needed Indirect-Fired Lock-On Missiles that worked properly -- and could rack up multiple Kills -- in order to stick around and continue being at least a good Support for other Teammates on the battlefields. Posted Image

Then WHY if that is true, did i just spectate you in group queue using a mech with clan beam lasers which require a steady aim to use properly ? Shouldn't you be using builds with spread weapons all the time ? MGs, flamers, SRMs, MRMs, LB autocannons, RACs, and Streaks. How you're actually playing the game doesn't seem to match how you're complaining about the game.

#212 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:32 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 25 March 2019 - 07:29 PM, said:

Then WHY if that is true, did i just spectate you in group queue using a mech with clan beam lasers which require a steady aim to use properly ? Shouldn't you be using builds with spread weapons all the time ? MGs, flamers, SRMs, MRMs, LB autocannons, RACs, and Streaks. How you're actually playing the game doesn't seem to match how you're complaining about the game.

I expected this slightly warped and over-assuming post from you, seeing as you are most definitely a Competitive-Class Pilot, unlike Casual-Class me. -_-

I believe we were on Grim Plexus, right? That was a lucky round compared to my usual, but wasn't even worth Screenshots in my personal files, directly due to how badly LRMs have been made to suck causing my performance to be well below what I used to be able to do. I managed to get away with very mild amounts of movement due to the distance (500+ meters), and some very lucky lineups. You should see my arm after some of my usual rounds, such as when I'm running around in a Kit Fox with SRMs, shaking to the point of jittering up and down about a full inch. The kind of Medical Problem which I'm having is one that is exacerbated when I have to pour on the extra energy and adrenaline to respond quickly with large movements that require a fast stop on an exact point. I'll end up overshooting repeatedly, which frustrates me to no end, and I do remember having a few issues with lining shots up on that round. As it was, I was testing to see how LRMs were doing, and they're definitely sub-par compared to where they should be for someone with Medical Problems who is trying to help keep their Teammates alive. (They should be damn well as easily able to kill as any other weapon in the lineup, being as it takes Teamwork to set up a damned IDF Shot, and even more so when on a Line-Of-Sight Firing Sequence! These changes to Missiles in general seem more Anti-Teamwork to me than anything else.) Thing is, I usually never (except for like 1 Mech that's an exception to my building rules) run LRMs without backup weaponry, so that happens to be why you found me particularly with beam weapons as that one's been unedited in quite some time. Unfortunately, that one is not really able to slip in appropriate alternate weapons, at least from what I've determined, so I'll probably leave it like that and be forced to remain at longer ranges in order to use it without making myself jump all over the place. :huh:

Now, that noted, I've tried MRMs, ATMs, and even Streaks as well. They get torn up basically every time, and had there been more AMS on that round where I had LRMs, it would have been just as bad to have ever brought them. Heck, it's been way worse on my usual rounds, even compared to what you saw, particularly on my Mechs that have ONLY beam weapons and force me to get in close. I end up sliding up to about 25 degrees off-target on many of my shots, which lets whoever I'm firing at get completely away from the shot. I've also tried Flamers and MGs and the like, and the closer in that I get, the harder it is to hold my aim on with those from the panic setting in of trying to hit without dying, also making my aim jump about. About the only reason I can still use SRMs (an option you mentioned) is because of the spread combined with being point-blank, but the jitter in my arm afterward makes me think carefully about using them again for a bit. I'm frankly surprised I don't totally lose grip and timing. It has most certainly NOT been fun to lose Lock-On Missiles as an available "Extended-Term Fallback Option" when the Medical Problem which I physically deal with (and know others who have similar issues, if not the exact same problem) makes me feel like I'm in need of being able to keep my hands settled for a while, but would prefer to avoid being pushed totally offline, even from MWO. :mellow:

Anyway, excuse me... I'm being distracted & summoned by the Offline World... <*disappears*> :ph34r:

~Mr. D. V. "a person who really didn't want to end up calling it 'Quit' on MWO in less than 5 Years" Devnull

#213 IshanDeston

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:06 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 20 March 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

Patch Notes Edit/Additions:

Under Bug Fixes and Improvements, the following items have been added:

- Updated the End of Round screen to display the amount of time a player has spend on a capture point for the game modes of: Assault, Domination and Conquest.
- Structure Quirks are now displayed in the same manner as Armor Quirks in the MechLab Loadout.
- The Sensor Range stat is now displayed in the Mech Stats panel in the MechLab.
- UI improvements for the Premium Time window now displays both player Active and Banked Premium Time.
- Players can now activate partial amount of Premium Time through the game client instead of activating all.

Could we please get a Missilebay door indicator into the Weapons list in the UI? Maybe a little Star behind the weapon to indicate the door is closed. The small light in the cockpit isn't in view when zoomed in....

And i would really appreciate if there was a means to reach the skill tree from the main view when returning to the hangar, so i don't need to first click on 'Mechlab' or 'select mech' just to get to distribute the xp i just got from the match.

Oh and if there is a 'total amount of ammo' listing.. i still can't find it. Would be nice if the total amount of ammo was show in the Mechlab. Maybe put it into the Weapon group? Maybe i am just blind tho, and haven't found the listing and been doing Math all these years for no reason.

#214 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:41 AM

View PostIshanDeston, on 28 March 2019 - 03:06 AM, said:

Could we please get a Missilebay door indicator into the Weapons list in the UI? Maybe a little Star behind the weapon to indicate the door is closed. The small light in the cockpit isn't in view when zoomed in....

And i would really appreciate if there was a means to reach the skill tree from the main view when returning to the hangar, so i don't need to first click on 'Mechlab' or 'select mech' just to get to distribute the xp i just got from the match.

Oh and if there is a 'total amount of ammo' listing.. i still can't find it. Would be nice if the total amount of ammo was show in the Mechlab. Maybe put it into the Weapon group? Maybe i am just blind tho, and haven't found the listing and been doing Math all these years for no reason.

iF you're firing missiles zoomed in... you've got bigger problems than a light.

#215 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 28 March 2019 - 01:21 PM

LRM's get scrambled, AMS gets buffed, TAG (that hardly anybody even used before) gets nerfed and the lock-on ability in general gets nerfed too. So much for all my mechs with missiles. Glad I waited before deciding whether or not to buy MW5. I say not.

*Sigh*

The only reason I still play is because of my buddies here, despite so many having already left the game.

#216 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 02:30 PM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 28 March 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

LRM's get scrambled, AMS gets buffed, TAG (that hardly anybody even used before) gets nerfed and the lock-on ability in general gets nerfed too. So much for all my mechs with missiles. Glad I waited before deciding whether or not to buy MW5. I say not.

*Sigh*

The only reason I still play is because of my buddies here, despite so many having already left the game.

HOW is taking the lock boost away from the TAG and incorporating it into the launcher instead a nerf ? In battletech, a TAG laser served only to guide indirectly fired guided weapons (like the Arrow IV missile system).

#217 IshanDeston

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:46 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 28 March 2019 - 03:41 AM, said:

iF you're firing missiles zoomed in... you've got bigger problems than a light.

Yes, i am firing MRMs zoomed in.. makes it easier to time them properly. Besides, it can't be that hard to put an indicator into the weapons list. Especially given the Dervish looks like he'll have a lot of bay doors. It would make a nice quality of life update. I am perfectly fine if its just an * at the end of the weapon name when the door is closed.

#218 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 April 2019 - 06:49 AM

Posted Image

Soo much variety, thanks.

#219 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:36 AM

View PostKell Aset, on 04 April 2019 - 06:49 AM, said:

Hey, it could have been worse. That "Forest Colony (Classic)" could have ended up being "Polar Highlands" or "Alpine Peaks" instead. Heck, could you imagine if they made another map based on "Caustic Valley", or even the "Tourmaline Desert" map? And then what if they re-introduced the "Terra Therma (Classic)" map? You could then end up with two flavors each of the maps, like "Terra Therma"/"Terra Therma (Classic)"/"Caustic Valley"/"Caustic Valley (Classic)" as your four selection choices! Sadly, I think that would be a real burnout on the mind. :mellow:

~D. V. "I get what you're saying... But if you think that was bad, here's a Doomsday Scenario..." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users