please unf*** MRMs and SRMs, thank you

#182 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 20 March 2019 - 07:33 AM

By giving nerfs to LRMs for indirect fire, pointing out, trying to turn all Mechs into Brawlers. Scouts gone, sniper gone, LRM going.

Best fix. Return standard LRMs to normal pre patch, leave changes for LRM's with Artemis.

#183 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:51 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 20 March 2019 - 07:33 AM, said:

B Scouts gone, sniper gone, LRM going.

Sniping with LRM? LOL that's something new. GitGut.

#184 Adamant80

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 58 posts
  • LocationI'm not sure...

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:42 AM

Very disappointed about the bushwacker bolt-ons. Only flags.... really? newer mechs get a full set of bolt-ons all the time but all you could scrape together was flags for this mech? You can't even do micro-transactions properly now I guess.

#185 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:57 AM

<*reads all the toxic anti-Missile posts, feels sick to their stomach*>

Shame on ALL of you who wanted Missiles doomed to worthlessness. You have destroyed this game for anyone with Medical Disabilities, and put them all to pasture long before their time, thereby ignoring BattleTech Lore and the precedence for these people to continue as Support on the battlefields. :angry:

For reference, I personally suffer from problems which can not be cured, and that are slowly destroying my ability to keep a Mech's aim stable. I would have also needed Indirect-Fired Lock-On Missiles that worked properly -- and could rack up multiple Kills -- in order to stick around and continue being at least a good Support for other Teammates on the battlefields. :(

Unfortunately, with the combined weight of all the changes with...
  • Indirect-Fired Missile Spread being made too wide
  • Indirect-Fired Missile Lock-On becoming impossible
  • Missile Health being made Far Too Low on Larger Launchers
  • AMS being made somehow OverPowered by all of the above
  • Non-Locking Missiles having been Nerfed by all of the above too
...that has now been made cleanly impossible. Even the Brawlers have lost the Missile Support which they could call on in order to be saved from dying on the battlefields. I frankly hope all of you who are toxically anti-Missile will ultimately burn in hell for giving the middle finger to the Medically Disabled, directly because of having more-or-less told all of us that we are not allowed to be here anymore. Either by the conclusion of Lucky Charms 2019, or more likely before, I will be leaving. It is not safe anymore in Real Life for me to continue as a Mech Pilot with how the game mechanics of MWO have been completely up-ended and ruined. -_-

Just for the thought of it... We could have safely lost 1/6th of the Per-Ton Missile Ammo, particularly on LRMs. But the destruction of Locking Time and Spread on the Indirect Side was going way too far. <_<

~Mr. D. V. "To hell with this Anti-Missile Climate... My body is physically unable to put up with it." Devnull

#186 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:15 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 20 March 2019 - 07:33 AM, said:

Scouts gone, sniper gone, LRM going.

Best fix. Return standard LRMs to normal pre patch, leave changes for LRM's with Artemis.

Equip an ECM light/Fast medium with Tag/NARC, now you have a scout spotter and the LRM nerf is negated and effectively buffed, and team play effectively got buffed with this change.

#187 IshanDeston

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:35 AM

View PostHammerMaster, on 19 March 2019 - 12:16 PM, said:

Debuff as in people won't risk locking up their own as the benefits of staying out of LOS creeps up to being as good as being IN LOS.
NO ONE SANE wants that.

Where did you get that impression. The Notes are quite clear on the fact that distance to the target is what the lock-on time for indirect fire depends on. There is no such thing as "approaching the LOS times", because the only way you would get these, is if a teammate helped you out with TAG or Narc.. just like it is currently... or rather was before the patch.

View PostD V Devnull, on 20 March 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

For reference, I personally suffer from problems which can not be cured, and that are slowly destroying my ability to keep a Mech's aim stable. I would have also needed Indirect-Fired Lock-On Missiles that worked properly -- and could rack up multiple Kills -- in order to stick around and continue being at least a good Support for other Teammates on the battlefields. Posted Image

While i certainly sympathize with your situation, you do not need to hold your crosshair on the enemy in order to get the Direct Fire benefits. Having a clear LOS on the target is enough. Its not like you would paint the target with a TAG.

So your complaint is rather moot, as you could just peek a little over a ridge and benefit from full direct line of sight locking. Apparently you can lock targets in the previous system, there is no more skill needed than that in the current system.

Unfortunately, with the combined weight of all the changes with...
  • Indirect-Fired Missile Spread being made too wide
  • Indirect-Fired Missile Lock-On becoming impossible
Get closer. Lock-on is dependent on distance to the target, if you are at about 300meters to the enemy you will not experience much reduced lock on times compared to how it was before the patch. I played missile boat all day, to get a feel for how it works today, and as i have always been 'among the pack' i can't say i notice much in terms of Nerf when it comes to indrect missiles.. yes, the extra spread is noticable, but then again, so is the direct LOS spread reduction.

Just get closer, it will fix a lot of the issues, including AMS, as the shallower arc and shorter flight time makes AMS less effective.

I understand that you have input problems, and i am sure one day i will be in a similar position as you are right now, thanks to my Arthritis progressing, but as long as you were able to keep a lock before, and can steer your mech, you should not have any issues getting closer to the enemy and still enjoy the benefits of lock-on weaponry.

It is not safe anymore in Real Life for me to continue as a Mech Pilot with how the game mechanics of MWO have been completely up-ended and ruined. Posted Image

What? Its not safe for you in Real Life to play MWO? Man, if that is the case, please stop! For the love of all things, don't risk your live playing MWO its not worth it! No video game is worth risking yourself in RL....

Just for the thought of it... We could have safely lost 1/6th of the Per-Ton Missile Ammo, particularly on LRMs. But the destruction of Locking Time and Spread on the Indirect Side was going way too far. Posted Image

So.. go for have a LOS on the enemy, you don't need to keep the recticule on the enemy any more than you normally would, and enjoy a much tighter spread for your LRMs than ever before.. And as added bonus you get to use them more often now that their Arc is shallower, making them actually able to be fired in the basement of HPG and the like.

Unless your medical condition prevents you from gaining LOS, which i cannot imagine that it does, you should be experiencing a much improved Missile Boat experience.

#188 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:49 PM

These are my impressions of the missile changes after a few hours of play. For background, I first started playing Mechwarrior back in the 90's. After a long spell off from the game, I started playing MWO last September. By a technicality, I'm a Tier 5 player (the technicality being that there isn't a sixth tier).

I have two LRM boats that I use extensively, and have had great success with:

NCT-B, 6xLRM15, 2xERMEDL
NTG-D, 4xLRM15+Artemis, 2xERLRGL

Both have CAP and TGT COMP MK1. Both have the sensor skills and have a sensor range of 1,298 meters.

Prior to the March 19 updates I was able to get long range locks out of sight reasonably quickly. I could set up my LRMs to chain fire and rain down missiles almost indefinitely. I would have to watch my heat, but it wasn't too bad.

Now if the mech is out of LOS it takes much longer to get the lock, if I get it at all, and I can't hold the lock as long if it is out of sight of a teammate.

Now if the mech is in LOS I get the lock very quickly, but can't hold it as long if it moves out of LOS. I seem to lose the lock very quickly once it moves out of LOS.

Heat builds up on much more quickly now when I chain fire the LRMs. I'm finding I have to fire at a slower rate, which lowers my advantage over the opponent I'm firing on.

AMS seems to be more effective now. Before I could chain fire LRMs all day long and a lot would get through against AMS, even if there were several AMS mechs within range. Now, it appears that very few get through if there are multiple mechs with AMS in range. I can, however, still overwhelm AMS is I group fire, say two or three at a time rather than chain fire.

I have observed that direct fire missiles have a flatter trajectory, and though I haven't experienced it yet, I believe that will be helpful in Solaris City, Rubelite Oasis, and HPG.

With these two mechs, I had already moved towards more LOS engagements because that maximized the success I had, but could still do fairly well out of LOS. Now I'll have to rethink that, move even more towards LOS.

Against grouped AMS it appears I can counter that by attacking the mech that is farthest from the center of the group to either my right or left, so as to be in range of fewer AMS equipped mechs.

Overall, the change has negatively affected my results. Heat, lock time, and AMS effectiveness have combined to lower my kills, kill assists, and damage inflicted. I'll see if I can adapt my play to counter those changes. The new (old) maps that were introduced also had something to do with getting poorer results, as the maps are smaller and the opposing teams are dropped closer together, and it seemed that every time a new map came up, it was chosen.

Those are my observations and thoughts based on a couple of hours of play time.

Oh, I still have no idea what I should be seeing on my mechs (Kodiak for example) with the 3060 retrofits. It all looks the same to me.

#189 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:18 PM

Patch Notes Edit/Additions:

Under Bug Fixes and Improvements, the following items have been added:

- Updated the End of Round screen to display the amount of time a player has spend on a capture point for the game modes of: Assault, Domination and Conquest.
- Structure Quirks are now displayed in the same manner as Armor Quirks in the MechLab Loadout.
- The Sensor Range stat is now displayed in the Mech Stats panel in the MechLab.
- UI improvements for the Premium Time window now displays both player Active and Banked Premium Time.
- Players can now activate partial amount of Premium Time through the game client instead of activating all.

#190 Be my Guest

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:07 PM

Just had a fantastic brawl on classic frozen City night version.... thx

#191 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:19 PM

The Corsair Warhorn is bugged. The right model is turned upside down.

#192 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:47 PM

Posted Image

Hmmm.... Soft counter you say?!

Posted Image

Edited by Navid A1, 20 March 2019 - 03:48 PM.

#193 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 20 March 2019 - 04:37 PM

View Postmack brawler, on 20 March 2019 - 01:14 AM, said:

Yes it does, ELO are a great band

Hahah!

#194 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:37 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 20 March 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

Posted Image

Hmmm.... Soft counter you say?!

Posted Image

If these numbers are accurate it means the AMS/missile health changes turn my favorite hero mech, the Vulcan Bloodlust - into a minor annoyance to anything with more than one AMS equipped. Do these numbers account for/reflect AMS that have the dmg nodes equipped? Good thing I had already nearly finished skilling up the lazor vulcan but might not bother as a whole till/if this gets changed.

#195 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:42 PM

View PostDeltaWhite, on 19 March 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

You need to add Dinamic Daylight into the Classic maps, adding 2 maps that are the same is not cool anymore

You also need to UPDATE those classic maps, because they are 8 vs 8 maps and gameplay will have some ugly/weird dinamics, thats why you changed them to the newer ones, remember? . Why not updating them like Snow Canyon Network in the dev roadmap for next update?.
Also you didnt updated the Physics of the Trees, they dont Fall.

So Clasics maps are ok, but this is too muchInconsistency
O7

I started mechwarrior in Jan 2016 and after the classic forest colony maps were replaced with the current forest colony map (which still had bugs with areas you could get stuck if you had jump jets on the correct mech) but it took me only 2 matches to learn the map and adapt to using it once it was returned on tuesday.

#196 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:49 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 20 March 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

If these numbers are accurate it means the AMS/missile health changes turn my favorite hero mech, the Vulcan Bloodlust - into a minor annoyance to anything with more than one AMS equipped. Do these numbers account for/reflect AMS that have the dmg nodes equipped? Good thing I had already nearly finished skilling up the lazor vulcan but might not bother as a whole till/if this gets changed.

No dude. That is just bone stock.

THIS is the same chart with both ams nodes selected:
in other words... RIP all missile mechs.

Posted Image

Edited by Navid A1, 20 March 2019 - 05:49 PM.

#197 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:54 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 20 March 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

No dude. That is just bone stock.

THIS is the same chart with both ams nodes selected:
in other words... RIP all missile mechs.

I had a feeling that was the case.

Posted Image

#198 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 06:22 PM

Might as well toss the dust covers on the Trebuchet 5j and urbanmech R68. They wont get any use with ams countering large missile launchers. Luckly most clan mechs that relied on large lrms are omni and can be swapped out or switched to atms.

#199 SuperMCDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 131 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 March 2019 - 06:31 PM

RIP MRM40. You were great for those single missile hardpoint mechs. Looks like those mechs will need to be mothballed until someone comes to their senses.

Is anyone surprised that the missile type least affected by this change is the LRMs themselves?

At least I can see why they removed all the AMS quirks. It could have been even worse.

Edited by SuperMCDad, 20 March 2019 - 06:34 PM.

#200 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:32 PM

The AMS are really strong now. MRM30 were disintegrated when they left the launchers. Can we have reactive armour on the mechs to counter ballistics please ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users