Fp Weekly Report - Mar 22-2019

76 replies to this topic

#41 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 08:59 PM

Well we cant use the other 3 letter word that starts with A now can we? Your Moderaters love to suck the fun right out...

However Paul... thanks for the update.

#42 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:15 PM

Thanks for the news. Do you think the new faction play will be more pug friendly? I am a pug player myself since I play games casually for fun.

#43 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:17 PM

thankyou for the time and effort PGI!
may i suggest a drop deck sale to coincide with the Faction revamp?

#44 lobsterhierarchy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:48 AM

I’d enjoy a siege only game mode - I think that would draw more people in as the general FP community hates conquest and Incursion. Skirmish and domination just turn into long range poke fests with the occasional push brawl.

Siege only would be fun (please weight maps in favor of Vitric/Taiga/Springs with boreale the absolute tinniest percentage as it’s a roflstomp on defense and a nightmare on offense).

#45 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:53 AM

View PostGalenthor Kerensky, on 24 March 2019 - 06:28 AM, said:

I too find myself concerned about the lack of players for the various pts tests, and while I agree that some incentives would be an ideal way to try to alleviate this, I feel that the degree of incentives will be a rather long discussion at the pgi office... I love the idea of a weekly report, keeping us updated with progress made, but the last few tests I have checked out seemed to have fallen short of what the stated goals of said tests. Case in point, the missile pts that was recent done, and implemented with this last patch; since this patch, I have been finding that trying to get a lock even with the full sensor tree active, it is taking upwards of 30 seconds to a minute to get a lock. And while getting a lock with los, the range for it is falling shorter than what I know several of us have hoped. I Know that alot of the laser puke and ballistic bunnies out there want us missile boats to literally stand side by side with them, but speaking as a Clanner, when our weapons systems don't respect the lore, we can't when you are fighting mostly by facehugging your opponent, and our missiles have little to no dmg output when that close. I know that there are those who want missiles to be gone from the game, not caring that if that happens, the game will end up folding as missiles are just as integral to this game as any other weapons system in it.

There are those who try to lambaste us as always hanging back and not getting into the fight, well, when all of the ballistic and laser systems a) don't need locks, Posted Image don't require much skill to keep on/near target when you don't have to worry about getting/keeping a lock to be able to hit said target, and your weapons will still do damage well past your max range when missiles will explode at max range... I don't know how to program, so I don't understand how that can limit how our weapons can't follow the lore better than it does; stealth armor is a prime example; it was never meant to block locks at short range. I know it could be considered that I am beating a dead horse here ( pardon the euphanism(sp?) ) but when I look at the state of the game, and I look at the tabletop that I have been playing since the mid 80's; I see the hopes and dreams of everyone who has ever played this game since it came out coming to fruitition, but fractured... not quite coming to the pinnacle that it can become. There are those that scream that we should all be playing the same builds as they are, that we should play real mechs, not missile boats; to that I say that this is not cookie cutter online, it is Mech Warrior Online. In the lore, the novels, the Clan pilots were able to customize their mechs to suit the terrain there were to be fighting on, while the IS had more numbers of people and mechs to fight with. I do understand that is difficult to code in from what has been explained to me by those I have discussed that with. But with the current setting of the timeline, the IS should have what the Clans do currently for dmg reduction for missiles under optimal range, and the Clans should have no min range/dmg reduction at all. That too several folks have said is too difficult to program; it has been too long since I played the previous MW games to remember if that was a factor in them at the time, although I am sure that there are those who will remember if it was there or not. Also remember that not everyone who plays is in perfect health; some of us have limitations that can affect which weapon systems we can get to work to the best effect. Screaming at someone because the view they are using isn't one that works for you isn't productive to winning the match.

Clown.

View Postlobsterhierarchy, on 25 March 2019 - 04:48 AM, said:

I’d enjoy a siege only game mode - I think that would draw more people in as the general FP community hates conquest and Incursion. Skirmish and domination just turn into long range poke fests with the occasional push brawl.

Siege only would be fun (please weight maps in favor of Vitric/Taiga/Springs with boreale the absolute tinniest percentage as it’s a roflstomp on defense and a nightmare on offense).

I think conquest is fine. Granted that it usually doesn't allow teams to kill 48 mechs, it is actually an alternative game mode where lesser skilled pilots can actually take matches from those who just want to mindlessly slaughter everything and not bother about caps. Domination and incursion is just dumb, former requires a poor soul to be a circle monkey for much of the match, while incursion is just dumb base rushes and the fact that base damage is the defining factor for that mode is another reason for it to be thrown out of FP.
I think skirmish is fine, the long range poke-fest you speak of generally applies to certain maps only like Polar and maybe Grim Plexus but there are plenty of maps that have a good amount of brawling involved, it also depends if you are playing with pugs or premades, because pugs are not confident of their teammates and hence do not want to push whereas premades usually have some form of order or calling. Assault in both QP and FP is just dumb, no one wants to sit near the base just to protect it from caps, and having lights trying to cap all the time is just aggravating for people who actually want to shoot mechs.
And yes, **** BOREAL ATTACK.

#46 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 25 March 2019 - 09:27 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 25 March 2019 - 05:53 AM, said:

I think conquest is fine. Granted that it usually doesn't allow teams to kill 48 mechs, it is actually an alternative game mode where lesser skilled pilots can actually take matches from those who just want to mindlessly slaughter everything and not bother about caps. Domination and incursion is just dumb, former requires a poor soul to be a circle monkey for much of the match, while incursion is just dumb base rushes and the fact that base damage is the defining factor for that mode is another reason for it to be thrown out of FP.
I think skirmish is fine, the long range poke-fest you speak of generally applies to certain maps only like Polar and maybe Grim Plexus but there are plenty of maps that have a good amount of brawling involved, it also depends if you are playing with pugs or premades, because pugs are not confident of their teammates and hence do not want to push whereas premades usually have some form of order or calling. Assault in both QP and FP is just dumb, no one wants to sit near the base just to protect it from caps, and having lights trying to cap all the time is just aggravating for people who actually want to shoot mechs.

Largely this. Get rid of Incursion and Domination in FP. Conquest is okay but raising the cap-win-condition a little (perhaps to 1500) would be welcome.

Also...

Less sniping maps in the rotation. Alpine Skirmish feels like nap time.

More Siege in the rotation (except for Boreal). This mode is fun and forces teamwork especially for the attackers. Plus, I miss Counter Attack and Hold Territory as they added another dimension to how to play the maps.

Bonus points for...

Banning NARC's from being used in FP. Knowing the map in advance just fosters NARC-LURM exploits which is not fun and promotes cancerous gameplay (see Caustic with pre-mades). Although current AMS-strength has made it tolerable as of this writing, I doubt it will stay this way so better to just remove NARC's from FP altogether. Lurms will still be OP on Caustic and on other maps without the help of NARC's.

Edited by Charles Sennet, 25 March 2019 - 09:28 AM.

#47 NaturalBornGriller

• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 16 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 25 March 2019 - 09:53 AM

I'll donate MC for Paul to change his pilot name to 'ButPaul'

#48 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 25 March 2019 - 01:40 PM

ban NARCs?
actually yes, ban NARCs, PPCs, blue lasers, LRMs, domination, conquest, incursion, assault, boreal, the ability to group queue, and everything else anyone else complains about!
i am guessing everyone will be entirely happy with MWO once all these intolerable things everyone hates are removed...
i would never have considered removing any of these things but i am kind of warming up to everyone else's ideas, i mean i am often just a punching bag for these guys as i really only use SRMs anyway so ban away, get rid of everything and make every game a PUG brawl :)

#49 Kanil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:03 PM

View Postlobsterhierarchy, on 25 March 2019 - 04:48 AM, said:

FP Conquest is pretty much the only mode in the entire game where you can't just skirmish your way to victory, and where you actually have to care about the objectives. This makes it the best mode in the entire game.

I don't really care about the others, and FP would be fine with just Conquest and Siege, but removing Conquest would be a huge step backwards.

#50 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:23 PM

View PostCharles Sennet, on 25 March 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

Largely this. Get rid of Incursion and Domination in FP. Conquest is okay but raising the cap-win-condition a little (perhaps to 1500) would be welcome.

Also...

More Siege in the rotation (except for Boreal). This mode is fun and forces teamwork especially for the attackers. Plus, I miss Counter Attack and Hold Territory as they added another dimension to how to play the maps.

Bonus points for...

Banning NARC's from being used in FP. Knowing the map in advance just fosters NARC-LURM exploits which is not fun and promotes cancerous gameplay (see Caustic with pre-mades). Although current AMS-strength has made it tolerable as of this writing, I doubt it will stay this way so better to just remove NARC's from FP altogether. Lurms will still be OP on Caustic and on other maps without the help of NARC's.

Or just learn to cluster for AMS umbrellas and use ECM, and shoot NARCers instead of arsing about bouncing off each other. Jesus, nothing will be left in the game at all if "the fanbase" got it's way.

#51 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:58 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 25 March 2019 - 05:53 AM, said:

Clown.

Boreal Attack is way better than Sulfurous! I ******* hate Sulfurous! Posted Image

True that Incursion, Assault and Domination are totally useless for FP, remove it Paul.

View PostCharles Sennet, on 25 March 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

Also...

Bonus points for...

Yes to more Conquest caps, it is one of the best game modes! And no to banning Narcs! I hate Lurmer too but like Bowelhacker said, nowadays there are several options to counter Narc/Lurm.

1 Lance Double AMS mechs are doing wonders, 12 mediums in brawl with 2xAMS are doing miracles Posted Image

Edit: typo

Edited by Bishop Six, 26 March 2019 - 01:58 AM.

#52 Hanky Spam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:18 AM

Removing Incursion, why?
Incursion + FP is the only combination that makes sense to me. Just get it rid of it in QP and make it FP only.

And then... re-introduce Longtom but only for Incursion for maximum mayhem and for the lulz, as a replacement for the useless air control tower.

Also raise conquest caps to 1500 and ban alpine with skirmish mode from FP. This map, with this mode is so ******* annoying. Alpine + Domination is fine, also Alpine + conquest...

#53 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:45 AM

View PostHanky Spam, on 26 March 2019 - 06:18 AM, said:

Removing Incursion, why?
Incursion + FP is the only combination that makes sense to me. Just get it rid of it in QP and make it FP only.

And then... re-introduce Longtom but only for Incursion for maximum mayhem and for the lulz, as a replacement for the useless air control tower.

Also raise conquest caps to 1500 and ban alpine with skirmish mode from FP. This map, with this mode is so ******* annoying. Alpine + Domination is fine, also Alpine + conquest...

Incursion in fp is the worst combination of game mode in mwo. The base was obviously designed with 12 unpredictable mechs in mind. Not 48 selectable mechs. As it stands right now if all players on one side decide to base rush and pick 4 waves of mechs designed for it. It's impossible to stop it no matter what you do or who's on your team. Literally the meta is to run past the enemy team and try to kill their base faster than they kill yours. For most people queing up for a fp drop to run past the enemy team to shoot some buildings is not the idea of a fun match

#54 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:17 AM

View PostBROARL, on 25 March 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

ban NARCs?
actually yes, ban NARCs, PPCs, blue lasers, LRMs, domination, conquest, incursion, assault, boreal, the ability to group queue, and everything else anyone else complains about!
i am guessing everyone will be entirely happy with MWO once all these intolerable things everyone hates are removed...
i would never have considered removing any of these things but i am kind of warming up to everyone else's ideas, i mean i am often just a punching bag for these guys as i really only use SRMs anyway so ban away, get rid of everything and make every game a PUG brawl Posted Image

who says you cant brawl with ppc's.
https://clips.twitch...leOptimizePrime

#55 Hanky Spam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:32 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 26 March 2019 - 06:45 AM, said:

Incursion in fp is the worst combination of game mode in mwo. The base was obviously designed with 12 unpredictable mechs in mind. Not 48 selectable mechs. As it stands right now if all players on one side decide to base rush and pick 4 waves of mechs designed for it. It's impossible to stop it no matter what you do or who's on your team. Literally the meta is to run past the enemy team and try to kill their base faster than they kill yours. For most people queing up for a fp drop to run past the enemy team to shoot some buildings is not the idea of a fun match

Do you think I don't know how much incursion in its current form sucks...
And instead of thinking about what could be changed so that the described scenario won't happen, you rather want to see it removed. Alright...

These changes I would suggest:

- replace air control with a longtom tower (both sides can enable it at the same time)
- Increase health of buildings, turrets and give radar, jammer and longtom a further health boost (or even make all buildings,except turrets, invulnerable)
- in return reduce the chance to get incursion

However, if Incursion doesn't get a proper overhaul that works, then it would be certainly better to remove it...

Edited by Hanky Spam, 26 March 2019 - 07:34 AM.

#56 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:33 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 26 March 2019 - 01:58 AM, said:

1 Lance Double AMS mechs are doing wonders, 12 mediums in brawl with 2xAMS are doing miracles Posted Image

Edit: typo

Aff, right now AMS is a good counter however if 're-balanced' to pre-patch levels NARC's then become a major problem again.

#57 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:42 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 25 March 2019 - 05:23 PM, said:

Or just learn to cluster for AMS umbrellas and use ECM, and shoot NARCers instead of arsing about bouncing off each other. Jesus, nothing will be left in the game at all if "the fanbase" got it's way.

ECM mechs are a small percentage of the available mechs. Missile mounts are on almost every chassis except some lights. This means LRM carriers get more choices than the mechs to counter them. Hardly a balanced system.

And...

Getting players to take AMS boats is (or at least was pre-patch) more difficult than taking LURM boats due to in-game rewards and people wanting to actually shoot things (blasphemy, I know). In other words, its easier to get players to boat LURMs than it is to get them to counter them. Again, not balanced.

Anyway...

This is somewhat a moot argument given the current strength of AMS.

I would like to see more Clan Omni pods with AMS though. Most of the good builds require the AMS Omnipod be removed whereas in IS AMS is available in virtually every variant of every chassis.

Edited by Charles Sennet, 26 March 2019 - 07:53 AM.

#58 Dresari Iain

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 31 posts
  • LocationStranded on the sands of Bone-Norman

Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:19 PM

View PostAppogee, on 22 March 2019 - 10:44 PM, said:

Thank you for the update and for the progress you are making on FP.

I play FP every single day... a lot of that is waiting for a lobby, ghost dropping and other symptoms of too low a player population.

So I think you will need to put in place incentives to get enough players onto a FP PTS. Please consider.

Sure… IS Mech sale (lookin at King crabs*) can go a long way to help IS players get some good stuff for FP. Otherwise, they'll stick to the mech they got a play a couple of QP matches a day.

#59 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:25 AM

errr, looks like I missed the memo, when did King Crab become good for FP?

Oh, that's right, it didn't.

#60 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:37 AM

View PostvonJerg, on 27 March 2019 - 02:25 AM, said:

errr, looks like I missed the memo, when did King Crab become good for FP?

Oh, that's right, it didn't.

I got a memo that getting memos has to be wrong, because memos is a thing from the 80's.

Nowadays we get a Whatsapp! It is the new technical warfare of the Inner Sphere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users