76 replies to this topic

#61 Darkstrand

• PipPipPip
  • Fanjunkare
  • Fanjunkare
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 06:15 AM

Thank you for revisiting FP.

I joined this party late, and wished I had gotten into this game sooner. FP is the only mode that interests me, if it wasn't for this upcoming update I would likely have left and not looked back.

I feel like this game needs FP, it needs a reason for conflict.

#62 Mike Barnes

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:47 AM

Does Paul realize that this this joke may never end now. She thought it would be cute and funny (it was), but now she might as well just change her screen name to Paul. Posted Image

#63 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:23 AM

View PostMike Barnes, on 27 March 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

Does Paul realize that this this joke may never end now. She thought it would be cute and funny (it was), but now she might as well just change her screen name to Paul. Posted Image

Your post is NOT funny. Paul Inouye is a MAN, not a lady. Geez... :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "get the gender right already" Devnull

#64 Lances107

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:20 PM

Op the unit I belong to is a loyalist Jade falcon unit. Our main goal was faction, but that changed. Personally I do comp now and really do not get into faction anymore. When faction was siege it was unique, difficult, and required strong team work. Once it become nothing more then another quick play mode it ceased to be interesting. Furthermore the long tom was a great tool for making units fight over scouting. Yet that was removed.

In the end of the day you can change the ui, spice up the stats on events, mess with the q, but if it remains nothing more then another quick play mode than whats the point? Most faction guys I talk to from back when faction was siege prefer that to the current setup, which for all tense and purposes is nothing more then quick play. Long toms and siege is the way faction should be.

#65 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:23 PM

View PostAppogee, on 22 March 2019 - 10:44 PM, said:

So I think you will need to put in place incentives to get enough players onto a FP PTS. Please consider.

Honestly, as I experienced it, people are more put off by the random pugs being clubbed to death by coordinated premades. I get that FP is for units and all, but merely attracting people at FP isn't enough.

They should face enemies of equal skill, not just thrown to get clubbed by premades. Likewise make units much more attractive and easier to get in.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 27 March 2019 - 09:29 PM.

#66 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 27 March 2019 - 11:37 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 27 March 2019 - 09:23 PM, said:

Honestly, as I experienced it, people are more put off by the random pugs being clubbed to death by coordinated premades. I get that FP is for units and all, but merely attracting people at FP isn't enough. They should face enemies of equal skill, not just thrown to get clubbed by premades.
That's why they are creating a matchmaker.... which is being tested on the PTS... which will require a decent number of players to test... which is why I recommended they provide incentives for the PTS...

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 27 March 2019 - 09:23 PM, said:

Likewise make units much more attractive and easier to get in.

It's simple to get into a unit. There are recruiting threads in these forums. All folks have to do is go to the unit website, introduce themselves, and meet the unit's selection criteria.

Several units require very little of new recruits, other than having a willingness to learn and enough Mechs to drop with. Other units require a certain minimum standard of player experience and ability. Either way, players have plenty of choice.

(If players aren't prepared to join a unit, they probably shouldn't be playing the team oriented part of the MWO, aka Faction Play.)

#67 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:14 AM

View PostAppogee, on 27 March 2019 - 11:37 PM, said:

It's simple to get into a unit. There are recruiting threads in these forums. All folks have to do is go to the unit website, introduce themselves, and meet the unit's selection criteria.

Several units require very little of new recruits, other than having a willingness to learn and enough Mechs to drop with. Other units require a certain minimum standard of player experience and ability. Either way, players have plenty of choice.

(If players aren't prepared to join a unit, they probably shouldn't be playing the team oriented part of the MWO, aka Faction Play.)

This topic is so played out. The reality is that anyone who wants to be in a unit probably already is. Anyone that wants to drop in a premade already is (for the most part, population at a given time notwithstanding). You can literally find any kind of unit to play with these days.

People are warned before ever queuing that they aren't in a safe place anymore. I would LOVE competitive games more than farming stomps. That keeps people coming back IMO, but I don't see how MM is gonna fix that with the population as it is...

I keep lamenting the 3 day experiment of separate queues, back in the day... why they didn't let it run longer, the solos that hated pug play would realize they *had* to join groups (if not unts) to escape the pug mentality... or embrace it. Groups looking to farm would realize they'd have to up their game or break up into solos.

#68 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:03 PM

View PostLances107, on 27 March 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

fight over scouting

Long toms and siege is the way faction should be.

Lmao

#69 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 29 March 2019 - 03:21 AM

Can you remove caustic valley from FP.
QP play makes less sense in a 48vs48 battle.

And that map is just terrible small allready in a 12 vs 12.

#70 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 29 March 2019 - 02:50 PM

View PostRebel Ace Fryslan, on 29 March 2019 - 03:21 AM, said:

Hi there. Just a question for you... Have people been trying to unnecessarily Nascar on that map while in Faction Warfare, which usually causes trouble for having an enjoyable round? :(

In terms of other thoughts, I wonder if PGI could create a New Map which was based on Caustic Valley, but avoided leaving that volcanic crater as the map's center feature. Like, sort of the Terra Therma treatment, but without such a hard shove into the corner of the crater piece. And definitely make the map at least 66% larger, because you're right about the current Caustic Valley map being somewhat small, especially when it comes to Non-QP usage. It would definitely do away with the annoying Nascar effects that keep occurring if they happen to build the map right, and make something both interesting and asymmetrical to play on. Yes, I know we have the Sulfurous Rift Map, but that's way too designed for Siege (which admittedly could use a few newer maps too), and I was thinking of wanting something interesting that could be designed for more than just one game mode in particular. So, what do you think of this idea? :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "sort of knowing the feeling about the Caustic Valley map, wondering if a new version might help" Devnull

#71 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:38 AM

and the Friday update?

View PostRebel Ace Fryslan, on 29 March 2019 - 03:21 AM, said:

Absolutely agree, although for different reasons.

View PostD V Devnull, on 29 March 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

Hi there. Just a question for you... Have people been trying to unnecessarily Nascar on that map while in Faction Warfare, which usually causes trouble for having an enjoyable round? Posted Image

In terms of other thoughts, I wonder if PGI could create a New Map which was based on Caustic Valley, but avoided leaving that volcanic crater as the map's center feature. Like, sort of the Terra Therma treatment, but without such a hard shove into the corner of the crater piece. And definitely make the map at least 66% larger, because you're right about the current Caustic Valley map being somewhat small, especially when it comes to Non-QP usage. It would definitely do away with the annoying Nascar effects that keep occurring if they happen to build the map right, and make something both interesting and asymmetrical to play on. Yes, I know we have the Sulfurous Rift Map, but that's way too designed for Siege (which admittedly could use a few newer maps too), and I was thinking of wanting something interesting that could be designed for more than just one game mode in particular. So, what do you think of this idea? Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "sort of knowing the feeling about the Caustic Valley map, wondering if a new version might help" Devnull

Obviously you haven't played FP enough to know that caustic in FP is another whole new level of a shitshow.

#72 Fae Puka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:11 PM

Like any other map in FW, Caustic brings its own issues, but that's what makes the maps unique. Do some of them need fixing with a sledgehammer, most certainly; getting rid of stupidly tight choke points that make fish in a barrel feel that they are apart from each other by astronomical units, setting door generators in places where you are fully vulnerable to everything the opposite side can throw at you (p.s. the art of the door knocker mech needs to be relearned . . . ). However, the biggest problem is lack of familiarity with the maps caused more by low population and those testing the water for only a couple of drops turning around and leaving FW for whatever reason (*cough* probably being clubbed by seal hunters *cough* who feel it their right to harvest the newbies).

#73 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:07 PM

View PostMummyPig, on 30 March 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

However, the biggest problem is lack of familiarity with the maps caused more by low population and those testing the water for only a couple of drops turning around and leaving FW for whatever reason (*cough* probably being clubbed by seal hunters *cough* who feel it their right to harvest the newbies).

It's hilarious of you to think that all proficient FP pilots love to farm bads.

#74 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 March 2019 - 12:34 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 30 March 2019 - 11:07 PM, said:

It's hilarious of you to think that all proficient FP pilots love to farm bads.

Yes always this accusation is annoying. Because we are able to see in the lobby who the enemy will be. Oh wait... we dont see this so we never can know if we meet a pug or a premade.

What shall i say?

"Its a pug team guys, lets forget our tactic and pretend to be stupid, otherwise the pugs will be angry again. Ah and dont forget to not camp their spawn, even if they are already camping there from start. Pugs dont like that, so be nice and stop in the middle of the map and wait for Pug Lurms."

#75 Nothar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 123 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 March 2019 - 02:02 AM

Paul - Might need to vacuum that FP coding before you pull start it mate.

#76 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 10:18 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 31 March 2019 - 12:34 AM, said:

Yes always this accusation is annoying. Because we are able to see in the lobby who the enemy will be. Oh wait... we dont see this so we never can know if we meet a pug or a premade.

What shall i say?

"Its a pug team guys, lets forget our tactic and pretend to be stupid, otherwise the pugs will be angry again. Ah and dont forget to not camp their spawn, even if they are already camping there from start. Pugs dont like that, so be nice and stop in the middle of the map and wait for Pug Lurms."

Wait, you guys like to stop dealing damage after 2k and say "that's enough" too? Or sit back and let the rest of the team get kills after you've hit 10 your self? Man, and I thought I was the only charitable person here...

#77 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:49 AM

hit the button on that FP PTS. If we can't get the patch, the PTS would be next best thing. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users