People Get Mad That I Don't Have Chat On...

62 replies to this topic

#1 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 03 April 2019 - 08:17 PM

...so I turn my chat on and get this:

[Redacted]

I think I'll just leave it off.

Edited by draiocht, 29 April 2019 - 10:02 AM.
screenshot included inappropriate language

#2 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 04:54 AM

How do you know people get mad if you dont have your chat on ........since you dont have your chat on ?

I keep my chat off too . I am not there to chat .

#3 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 04 April 2019 - 05:05 AM

It’s usually off but when i’m switching between QP and Solaris i have it on, though mapped to a key sequence i can’t hot easily during a match. So sometimes i still see what other players type out. I started turning it off because of a few players in solaris. Usually i get to hear about through other players i do actually talk to. Every time i turn it back on i get one of these guys who get all pissy because they made a rather critical mistake.

Edited by Makenzie71, 04 April 2019 - 05:06 AM.

#4 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,681 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 April 2019 - 06:01 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 04 April 2019 - 05:05 AM, said:

It’s usually off but when i’m switching between QP and Solaris i have it on, though mapped to a key sequence i can’t hot easily during a match. So sometimes i still see what other players type out. I started turning it off because of a few players in solaris. Usually i get to hear about through other players i do actually talk to. Every time i turn it back on i get one of these guys who get all pissy because they made a rather critical mistake.

Eh, toxic idiots are toxic idiots. I keep it on and most of the time the interaction is polite. I had a few annoyances but they just made me laugh:
  • Annihilator (mine) vs Mad Cat Mk II B. I stripped his mech of weapons, following which he chose to be a bad sport and try running instead of taking his defeat like a man. Left a "F*** YOU!!!" in the chat.
  • Orion VA (mine) vs Ilya Muromets piloted by a known streamer (whom I won't name). Jungle. I rush him using the concrete blocks as a modicum of cover from his triple LBXes, following which my alpha goes into his left leg... and detonates his mech by blowing his ammo bins. Left a "Coward" in the chat.

#5 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 06:41 AM

Lol, some people are just super salty for no reason. The majority will give salutes and GGs though.

#6 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 06:49 AM

I know it’s a minority...an overwhelming minority. It annoys me to a degree that is much greater than the actual offense for some reason, though.

#7 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:08 AM

keep chat on at all times. The salt you can mine in solaris is worth it's weight in pure gold.
When "captain butthurt" lost with nothing but his own inability to win to blame you get the best reactions in all chat.

#8 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:10 AM

Idk, piranha pilots in div 2 deserve salt ;)

#9 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:36 AM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 04 April 2019 - 04:54 AM, said:

How do you know people get mad if you dont have your chat on ........since you dont have your chat on ?

I keep my chat off too . I am not there to chat .

I say hi to people in chat and they don't respond and then I feel sad and lonely. Posted Image

Would be nice to know if my opponent has chat disabled and all my typings fall on deaf ears.

#10 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:59 AM

View PostAlcom Isst, on 04 April 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

I say hi to people in chat and they don't respond and then I feel sad and lonely. Posted Image

Would be nice to know if my opponent has chat disabled and all my typings fall on deaf ears.

Agreed. It seems like they are ignoring you if you salute and get nothing back. But, we'll live I suppose.

#11 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 12:37 PM

View PostAlcom Isst, on 04 April 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

I may not chat with you a match, but i always wave at you. Sometimes i use more than one finger, too!

#12 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 01:11 PM

the salty ones make for great twitch streaming I guess

#13 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 02:42 PM

lol, I didn't realize you don't have your chat on. I just thought you were a **** because I throw out a gg every time we've played and never gotten one back

#14 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 06:21 PM

It's usually because my chat is off..but even when it's on I very seldom chat in a match. I also duck out almost as soon as the killing blow happens because I want to get the next cycle. It's muscle memory at this point...this is my lightest season at 1600 matches so far. I dropped 2700 matches in season 3 and 2500 matches in season 2. I'm usually in a hurry to get the next match. By the time I've even thought about I've already hit escape/click/click/launch.

I NEVER say "good luck" or anything before a match starts because that's the last thing I hope any of my opponents have lol.

#15 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 04:00 AM

yeah, I'm getting quicker about it too, my salute and twitch spam are both hotkeys on my keyboard now, so I can "o7" at the start and "gg" at the end with a button press

that said, I like making friends with the solid pilots I run into a lot, makes for a deeper friends list to fill our faction play groups, among other things...

#16 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 01:55 PM

today's wonderful contribution

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 29 April 2019 - 10:27 AM.
screenshot included inappropriate language, name & shame (screenshot inadequately obscured)

#17 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:19 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 27 April 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

today's wonderful contribution

[Redacted]

Lol, that is one salty boi Posted Image

Edited by draiocht, 29 April 2019 - 10:06 AM.
Quote Clean-up

#18 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:37 PM

lol I'm turning it back off

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 29 April 2019 - 10:11 AM.
name & shame (screenshots inadequately obscured)

#19 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:32 AM

LOL GG

#20 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 07:01 AM

Lol but then you will miss this comic relief of posting this stuff :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users