Faction Play Update - Pts Session Apr 8

431 replies to this topic

#41 Punnisher

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:15 PM

just logged in, was suprised there was only steiner and marik to choose from, and the game isn't reflecting my having some IS mechs to choose from... huh?

#42 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:25 PM

View PostPunnisher, on 08 April 2019 - 05:15 PM, said:

just logged in, was suprised there was only steiner and marik to choose from, and the game isn't reflecting my having some IS mechs to choose from... huh?

ya I had to manually clear mine for the right ones to show up. Just trying to select a new one would always show clan mechs for me.
Posted Image

Edited by Alilua, 08 April 2019 - 05:28 PM.

#43 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:31 PM

Please, could you import our key bindings on these PTS's. It is such a pain in the ***.

and our weapon groups?

#44 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:34 PM

View PostPunnisher, on 08 April 2019 - 05:15 PM, said:

Looks to me they basically removed the factions from the game mode. You have pick A or B. But somehow you can still be a loyalist.

One more match for me and I will be done with the mode.

#45 Precentor David Baughman

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:37 PM

Not sure if this is the right venue for bug reports but when I am in the FP queue and have moved to a different window (i.e., queue timer is counting down in the background), the tray icon flashes orange every 8 seconds. I'm accustomed - at least in QP - to the MWO tray icon only flashing when it goes into a match.

Given that (I presume) we want as many people queuing for FP as possible, perhaps it would be a good idea to have the tray icon alert only when it requires the user's attention.

#46 eggyh4ck99BarrelsAndRumAint1Yar

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:42 PM

Tiers matter not when you be plundering for booty and treasure lads AARHHH

#47 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:46 PM

https://mwomercs.com...-test-sessions/
PTS folder needs to be archived and updated

#48 Chris Lowrey

Design Consultant

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 318 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:48 PM

View PostCato Zilks, on 08 April 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

Please, could you import our key bindings on these PTS's. It is such a pain in the ***.

and our weapon groups?

Quick tip for Windows 10 Users to move these kinds of things over:
  • Make sure you are not running any MWO client. (Live game or the PTS.)
  • Go to your Window's User Folder. Typically: C:\Users\*USER NAME*
  • Go to the folder named "Saved Games"
  • In this folder, there should be two entries for MWO. MechWarrior Online, and MWO Public Test.
  • Go into the MechWarrior Online\Profiles\*User Profile Name* folder.
  • Copy only the ActionMaps (for hotkeys,) Leave the others alone.
  • Go to the MWO Public Test folder in the Saved games file, and paste and override these default files in the PTS client folder.
When you re-boot the PTS, it should load in all of your saved profile settings. Be sure to copy only what you need if you don't know what something does LEAVE IT ALONE. Remember that the profiles on PTS are often mirrored from a few days prior to the PTS launch and may not have data that is properly synced for WeaponGroups / Favorites, etc. So it is best to leave everything else alone.

But that should allow you to easily copy over your hotkeys and save you the headache of resetting them.

#49 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:51 PM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 08 April 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

Quick tip for Windows 10 Users to move these kinds of things over:
  • Make sure you are not running any MWO client. (Live game or the PTS.)
  • Go to your Window's User Folder. Typically: C:\Users\*USER NAME*
  • Go to the folder named "Saved Games"
  • In this folder, there should be two entries for MWO. MechWarrior Online, and MWO Public Test.
  • Go into the MechWarrior Online\Profiles\*User Profile Name* folder.
  • Copy only the ActionMaps (for hotkeys,) Leave the others alone.
  • Go to the MWO Public Test folder in the Saved games file, and paste and override these default files in the PTS client folder.
When you re-boot the PTS, it should load in all of your saved profile settings. Be sure to copy only what you need if you don't know what something does LEAVE IT ALONE. Remember that the profiles on PTS are often mirrored from a few days prior to the PTS launch and may not have data that is properly synced for WeaponGroups / Favorites, etc. So it is best to leave everything else alone.

But that should allow you to easily copy over your hotkeys and save you the headache of resetting them.

thank you

#50 MechWpnsTech

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:52 PM

pts event is not active on the pts and we can not use clan mechs for this IS event crap......thanks alot for crappy event and piss poor planning

#51 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:55 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 08 April 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

Your current ranking on your account. PSR from all your matches played in all game modes.

Paul - The video you made said ELO system. PSR is not ELO, not even close.

PSR for Quick Play is quite possibly the most unbalanced/biggest issue in MWO because it doesn't rank people via skill. And people that are low-skill users make it into Tier 1.

The average match score of MWO is approx 220. You have players in Tier 1 who have 190 average match score. That number is below the average of the entire player-base, which is around player # 23,000 out of the ~35,000 or whatever.

I'm really not sure how this match maker can ever work using PSR.

#52 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:57 PM

I see the S7 influence with the competitor queue/timer. That's good.

Minor bug: The conflict description sub-window does not generate a vertical scroll bar. I can currently see 4-5 lines of text ending with "Captain-General Marik has"

#53 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 06:03 PM

Sitting in queue for good 10 minutes now not getting matched up with queue numbers being 13/12 or whatever...

#54 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 06:04 PM

The joys of Faction play, sitting in a queue over and over without getting a match. I am really trying to give this PTU a chance, but it is really hard to do that when you can't get in a match and just watch a 10 second timer count down over and over and over. With the timer being as short as it is, it actually makes the wait time feel even longer because you see the counter reset so many times.

It says 21 other competitors in queue ATM, and it is phase 1, so scouting. Assuming that scouting is still 4v4, I guess this is the fault of the match maker.

Edited by Digital_Angel, 08 April 2019 - 06:08 PM.

#55 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 08 April 2019 - 06:05 PM

View PostMechWpnsTech, on 08 April 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

pts event is not active on the pts and we can not use clan mechs for this IS event crap......thanks alot for crappy event and piss poor planning

He was very clear in the FP discussion that FP was moving to an event based system where you get to pick between two factions for each event. You should have spoke up then.

#56 HellsDog

• PipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 06:06 PM

It broke already its 13/9 on the warfare tab but only 17 que'd and not droping. with no way to change faction to see if its just cos no one is playing the other side.

#57 AEgg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 06:09 PM

View PostHellsMannix, on 08 April 2019 - 06:06 PM, said:

It broke already its 13/9 on the warfare tab but only 17 que'd and not droping. with no way to change faction to see if its just cos no one is playing the other side.

Seems like the matchmaker has broken. People in IS chat on both sides see at least 10-15 in the queue, but no matches.

#58 Firearrow

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 06:10 PM

I'm confused. How is this match maker supposed to work. In order to get a match do you have to be in a group or will it slot a solo in where needed? I've been Queued up for about 20 minutes but the time to Launch just runs to 0 then back to 8 over and over again. Currently it shows 14 Steiner's and 15 Marik's in the queue but that number isn't changing.

#59 FroyOi

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 06:10 PM

The klaxon.... turn it off... over and over again... why?

#60 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 06:12 PM

Match maker might have bugged out. I have been in que from 3 players and now it's sitting at 21 for a 4v4 game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users