New Fw Will Increase Wait Times

28 replies to this topic

#1 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 01:52 AM

The new FW that was tested this week will increase wait times!!!

Old system: 2 buckets IS vs. Clan

New system: 2 buckets IS vs. IS, IS vs. Clan, Clan vs. Clan

The new system is still 2 bucket. But it also introduces IS vs. IS and Clan vs. Clan.

This means that if a player doesn't have a drop deck for IS when it's IS vs. IS they won't be able to play. Equally true if a player doesn't have a drop deck for Clan when it's Clan vs. Clan. They won't be able to play.

Two of the three new 2 bucket modes will eliminate players. Reducing the number of people in the que and increasing wait times.

Correct me if I'm wrong here please.

#2 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:21 AM

View PostEatit, on 11 April 2019 - 01:52 AM, said:

The new system is still 2 bucket. But it also introduces IS vs. IS and Clan vs. Clan.

This means that if a player doesn't have a drop deck for IS when it's IS vs. IS they won't be able to play. Equally true if a player doesn't have a drop deck for Clan when it's Clan vs. Clan. They won't be able to play.

Two of the three new 2 bucket modes will eliminate players. Reducing the number of people in the que and increasing wait times.

You always have a dropdeck.. it's called trial mechs..

Played plenty of events with trial mechs..

Maybe now my separate Clan and IS accounts will matter..

Although, i can't understand how Loyalists will fit into all of this..

Edited by Vellron2005, 11 April 2019 - 02:23 AM.

#3 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:19 AM

Still better considering 2 or more premades on a single side don't have to wait for an opponent from the other side. They can just fight themself.

So if it's 2 steiner, 1 davion group and 1 wolf group, they can fight 2 games at once instead of having 1 IS and 1 clan side fighting and 2 IS groups waiting for nothing.

#4 Iron Boucanier

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 28 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWarrensburg, Missouri USA

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:35 AM

You can get a reasonable Clan drop deck with about 25 million with a Marauder IIC, Orion IIC, Hunchback IIC, and Piranha. Less for IS especially if you are proficient making tier 1 tech builds and the trial mechs of course.

#5 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:21 AM

View PostIron Boucanier, on 11 April 2019 - 06:35 AM, said:

You can get a reasonable Clan drop deck with about 25 million with a Marauder IIC, Orion IIC, Hunchback IIC, and Piranha. Less for IS especially if you are proficient making tier 1 tech builds and the trial mechs of course.

Not quite, you "need" 4,1M for each mechs 91 skill points alone.
Also, the Marauder, orion and hunchback come with odd engines (replacing those will cost about 15M)

So in reality (without gimping yourself) you're looking at about 60M for an all purpose deck with said mechs.

A single all purpose decks would be somewhat like

2x Hunchback IIC-A (36M)
Hellbringer Prime (19M)
Madcat IIC-B (24M)

79M (all upgrades, equipment and skill cost included)

Hunchback IIC-A (18M)
3x Hellbringer Prime (47M)

75M (all upgrades, equipment and skill cost included)

2x Piranha-1 (19M)
2x Madcat IIC-B (48M)

67M (all upgrades, equipment and skill cost included)

Of course, there are other decks. A lot offer similar performance and are more economical but in gerneral, 60M per deck should be accounted for.

#6 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:36 AM

It seems I.S. vs. Clan remains as the constant conflict, always available as Invasion and Scouting.

The new system will add a rotating event between two specific factions. You pick one of the two which is seperate from your permenant loyalty. Mode changes between scouting an invasion based on battle-results determined progression along a story-tree.

So, ifno new players join Faction Play, wait times might be longer. If the new features like a small storyline, additional rewards and ELO matchmaker bring more players to Faction Play, wait times should be fine.

#7 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:43 AM

In addtion.

IS prices are almost equally.

An all purpose deck like

1 Griffin 2N (14M)
3 Warhammer 6R (42M)

56M (all inclusive again)

Again, a lot more decks available, some more economic but not as effective imo.

#8 Iron Boucanier

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 28 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWarrensburg, Missouri USA

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:06 AM

I was talking about straight mech cost. Of course final cost are going to be more. We now have a good selection of mechs on each side to fit different play styles.

#9 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:41 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 11 April 2019 - 02:21 AM, said:

Trial Mechs??? TRIAL MECHS???

Are you ******* kidding me? You want new players to roll in trial mechs in faction warfare? They will be lambs to the slaughter.

I suppose if you want to run off every new player that tries out FW then sure lets have them in Trial Mechs.

View PostIron Boucanier, on 11 April 2019 - 06:35 AM, said:

Sorry to break it to you man but you have to choose a side before the fighting starts and you can't switch sides. It's exactly like it is now only worse.

YOU CAN'T SWITCH SIDES!!!

#10 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:52 PM

View PostSilentScreamer, on 11 April 2019 - 07:36 AM, said:

It seems I.S. vs. Clan remains as the constant conflict, always available as Invasion and Scouting.

The new system will add a rotating event between two specific factions. You pick one of the two which is seperate from your permenant loyalty. Mode changes between scouting an invasion based on battle-results determined progression along a story-tree.

So, ifno new players join Faction Play, wait times might be longer. If the new features like a small storyline, additional rewards and ELO matchmaker bring more players to Faction Play, wait times should be fine.

Hi Silent,

Did you test this in the PTS? I didn't understand this as I thought the old mode would be gone. If you are correct and this new system is only for events only to drive new player participation GREAT!!!

While the event is going on the old mode will still be available to play?

My Bad for thinking they were replacing the current mode with this.

Thanks for the clarification.

#11 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:57 PM

BTW there is no ELO match maker. The only thing the MM is going to use ELO is to determine which solo gets matched first. The order of solo's is all that ELO will affect.

Group ELO will not be looked at. There is no difference other than it fill the match with the largest groups first then adds solo's based in order of ELO.

"Skill" is not used to determine team composition.

#12 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 03:30 PM

View PostEatit, on 11 April 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:

Hi Silent,

Did you test this in the PTS? I didn't understand this as I thought the old mode would be gone. If you are correct and this new system is only for events only to drive new player participation GREAT!!!

While the event is going on the old mode will still be available to play?

My Bad for thinking they were replacing the current mode with this.

Thanks for the clarification.

Test was ended early due to technical issues. I did post a few thoughts/suggestions https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6248048

As for what PGI's final release will look like, Paul's April 8th post gives a good outline
https://mwomercs.com...-session-apr-8/

Edited by SilentScreamer, 11 April 2019 - 03:40 PM.

#13 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:40 AM

Actually, if you had played back in the day when FW/CW was at its prime, there was the choice of IS v IS, Clan v Clan and Clan v IS anyway, this isn't something new, but was played by different units and was generally well liked and viable as a play style - nothing new to the MM here then.

From what was intended, the new MM is designed to be inclusive, i.e. everyone, all the time, not just for events (although potentially could be done as such with a little tinkering). It is being reviewed and implemented to increase CW numbers in general; largere units have dwindled, groups of casual or friendly groups are less prevalent, so intent was to prioritise larger unit drops, fill in with small groups - - - but - - ensure the solo pair players were not constantly bumped out of queue having waited longer to join in with the drops.

Wait times may increase for the 12 mans, probably no more than 20 mins in total on a quiet night, but wait times will drastically drop for the solo or small groups because they will have a turn based placement rather than having to be 12 man dominant.

Same number of players, higher inclusion, more likely to to at joining bigger units or participate in CW rather than QP because they do get drops.

#14 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:28 AM

View PostEatit, on 11 April 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

Trial Mechs??? TRIAL MECHS???

Are you ******* kidding me? You want new players to roll in trial mechs in faction warfare? They will be lambs to the slaughter.

I suppose if you want to run off every new player that tries out FW then sure lets have them in Trial Mechs.

Actually, yes. You see, we as players approach FP differently than PGI does. Use a little logic and think for a moment. FP has no matchmaker at all and has received the least attention than any other game mode. In fact, they came up with Comp Play and Solaris AFTER stating they were going to fix this, that and the other....then it all just got pushed aside.

QP, however, has what PGI claims is a matchmaker that separates people based on some arbitrary rating they assign people. You and I both know it doesn't, but at least they've put a couple of hours into coming up with something. QP has received FAR more attention with regard to gameplay...most of the weapon tweaks and whatnot come from data gathered from QP matches as opposed to FP.

Ergo, QP is the more important mode. It's where the actual "competition" lies as far as PGI is concerned. FP is where they go to learn how to play, since it doesn't effect their "rating." We, the players, wish it were the other way around.....but that's not how it works in practice.

#15 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 10:37 AM

We dont/haven't for a while...

#16 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:17 PM

Good old PGI..4 years too late again,par for the course really lol :)

#17 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:11 PM

Thanks Captain Obvious OP. Posted Image

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 12 April 2019 - 02:12 PM.

#18 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:34 PM

Yeah.... except we've been asking for years for cw to bar trial mechs. Even in the warning it spells it out and especially the current is trials which are less than good. The issue is these mechs in the hands of newer players handicap a team.

#19 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 08:44 AM

I seriously doubt it will effect wait times that much.

#20 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:59 PM

OP where are you getting the information we are going to multibuckets? I don't recall seeing this anywhere.

As I understand we are going to have the standard C v IS, with events that will focus on specific conflicts elsewhere for short(ish) periods.

Either way, giving people a story or reason to play (other than just endless grind for no purpose) is more likely to increase players, thus reducing wait times, than the other way.

If being unable to play because you can't change sides because you are a loyalist is that much of an issue then that's on you. I am an IS loyalist at heart, but I long ago started an ALT Clan only account so that I can experience the other half of the game. The beauty of the internet is you can be as many different things as you want with no repercussions. Make use of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users