374 replies to this topic

#361 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:20 AM

This constant changing of factions is beyond ridiculous.. further evidence that you don't play your own game.. otherwise you would know what a hassle and headache this is for units trying to keep members under the same banner.. and even for non-unit players because they also, like unit members, have to constantly keep changing out their drop decks .. for those that purchased additional decks, I can't even imagine the hassle it is to constantly have to change more than 4 decks almost each time there is a new 'phase.' Not to be rude, but, I don't believe anyone cares about the story line. I never read it.. I'm sure what players care about is to have a smooth experience with this game.. to be able drop into a faction match as quick and seamlessly as possible.. this patch is a step backwards in that regard.

Please fix this fiasco of a patch.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 31 May 2019 - 11:29 AM.

#362 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:35 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 31 May 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

for those that purchased additional decks, I can't even imagine the hassle it is to constantly have to change more than 4 decks almost each time there is a new 'phase.'

I have 10 decks. I am spending more time changing them from Clan to IS and back than I am playing actual matches.

I am wondering whether part of PGI's design might be to deliberately incent people to buy more decks - some for their Clan Mechs, some for their IS decks - by causing constant switching and not adding time to the pre-match lobby.

I can't work out why else they can't just change the timer from 1 minute to 3 minutes.

Not to be rude, but, I don't believe anyone cares about the story line.

I think the storyline idea is interesting, but needs to be significantly beefed up and made meaningful.

For example, if a Steiner planet gets taken, let the victors raid the Atlas storage facility and buy Atlases at a 50% discount. If the Steiners defend it, give them a special banner, some extra LP and a kiss on the cheek by Melissa Steiner.

Or something.

The conflict should be promoted like an event, with a splash graphic, and awards for best pilots ("Hero of Heriscles" or "Defender of Duncicle".

Also: introduce unique planetary conditions and drop weights.

Edited by Appogee, 31 May 2019 - 08:12 PM.

#363 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 01 June 2019 - 06:32 AM

View PostAppogee, on 31 May 2019 - 06:35 PM, said:

I have 10 decks. I am spending more time changing them from Clan to IS and back than I am playing actual matches.

I am wondering whether part of PGI's design might be to deliberately incent people to buy more decks - some for their Clan Mechs, some for their IS decks - by causing constant switching and not adding time to the pre-match lobby.

I can't work out why else they can't just change the timer from 1 minute to 3 minutes.

I think the storyline idea is interesting, but needs to be significantly beefed up and made meaningful.

For example, if a Steiner planet gets taken, let the victors raid the Atlas storage facility and buy Atlases at a 50% discount. If the Steiners defend it, give them a special banner, some extra LP and a kiss on the cheek by Melissa Steiner.

Or something.

The conflict should be promoted like an event, with a splash graphic, and awards for best pilots ("Hero of Heriscles" or "Defender of Duncicle".

Also: introduce unique planetary conditions and drop weights.

Stop App, you're making it sound too easy to fix this game.. it can't be that easy.. not after so many years of bad decision making.

#364 Chuckie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:34 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 21 May 2019 - 11:34 AM, said:

Group restrictions were removed to give players a bit more flexibility in how they play. e.g. Your unit goes Merc but one of your guys jumped the gun and went Loyalist. You can still all group up and play, just the end rewards will be different between that one guy and your unit.

Maybe I am missing something.. we went from a unit with loyalty and a way to faction and role play to a "you get to pick from two sides of a battle with PUGS" or did I miss something ?

The units seem all but dead and that kind of defines what FACTION is isnt it.. ?

To be fair, I have only been back a day after being gone a monthish.. But my Unit is screwed up, I can seem to find a way to do anything or make it loyal to anything or anyone.

Is there a link to how this ALPHA FP ( Its cant qualify as Beta in my book ) way of doing FP is supposed to be about ? All it looks like to me is that they removed a lot and gave us little new to show for it. But maybe I am missing something.

#365 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:52 PM

Why did they increase the quickplay voting screen counter to a minute, 25 seconds?

#366 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 511 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:23 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 06 June 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:

Why did they increase the quickplay voting screen counter to a minute, 25 seconds?

after 4? games of conquest (because it's fun to do several hours of the same stuff), I decided to QP for a change.
can't be that bad, right? then that. Posted Image

#367 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:25 PM

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 06 June 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

after 4? games of conquest (because it's fun to do several hours of the same stuff), I decided to QP for a change.
can't be that bad, right? then that. Posted Image

I'm at a loss, who asked for this? I haven't tried FP yet, I'm hoping they increased the lobby timer on that as well.. we'll see..

#368 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 511 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:40 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 06 June 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

I'm at a loss, who asked for this? I haven't tried FP yet, I'm hoping they increased the lobby timer on that as well.. we'll see..

I myself asked for a bigger lobby timer, for example. too often you hear in ts "wasn't fast enough to switch". so 90sec timer for fw is great, imo.
to have it in QP though... Posted Image

it surely is a bug, and they'll fix it hopefully fast.

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 06 June 2019 - 01:41 PM.

#369 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:40 PM

Whoever is responsible for pushing through that extra 30 seconds in lobby time I thank you, WE thank you! It has made a world of difference. The next couple things you can do to appease your loyal mechwarriors is, first:

-allow each unit or solo player to hold onto his or her faction without having to switch banners just to play faction play.

and second:

-More siege mode battles.. FP feels too much like quickplay lately..

#370 G A N O N

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:39 AM

This constant changing of factions is beyond ridiculous.. further evidence that you don't play your own game.. otherwise you would know what a hassle and headache this is for units trying to keep members under the same banner.. and even for non-unit players because they also, like unit members, have to constantly keep changing out their drop decks .. for those that purchased additional decks, I can't even imagine the hassle it is to constantly have to change more than 4 decks almost each time there is a new 'phase.' Not to be rude, but, I don't believe anyone cares about the story line. I never read it.. I'm sure what players care about is to have a smooth experience with this game.. to be able drop into a faction match as quick and seamlessly as possible.. this patch is a step backwards in that regard.

Please fix this fiasco of a patch.

What?? There's a story line?? I want to shoot mechs, not read story lines!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users