279 replies to this topic

#41 oktocat

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIn a Mist Lynx?

Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:44 PM

Look... I haven't been on in a while, and I just got back into the game. I haven't played FP, so I don't know what the deal is with that. I really don't know what anyone's problem is. The game is fun to play, so why complain? "But muh $500 golden mech" Did anyone make you buy it? It was just there so people could support the game. I guess I'm just tired of people hating on PGI and other dev companies. Like I said, I don't really know what's going on, but don't get mad, that won't change anything.

Anyways PGI, I'd love to know what new Mechs you're planning on adding, as well as general QoL improvements that are in the works.

#42 Temper Fire

Rookie

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:54 PM

I'm hoping they'll revamp the early adopters rewards for mech packs into something better. The free colours are cool, but I feel like that is the only benefit of early adopting. I've only early adopted once for the Corsair mech, mainly because I loved the mech so much and I wanted to show as much support as I could for it. I think if they included the colours as part of a regular mech-pack purchase would definitely entice me to buy older/previous mech packs as well.

But what my gut feeling tells me is they are going to only make mech-pack releases more far apart, probably quarterly... I want to be wrong about this, but I'm fairly certain that's what will happen. I feel like new mechs every month is one of the fewest strong points keeping the game exciting

#43 Jesse Custer

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:23 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 28 May 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

They are switching to the Unreal Engine, which will take time but they believe it will be worth the effort. The engine switch will also allow them to finally perform a technology/timeline leap which was previously difficult, with the rapid fire effect of some of the new weapons such as the HAG being an issue with the current engine. Due to ongoing work on MW5 plus the MWO upgrade, there won't be any new 'Mech packs for a while, but work will continue on FP and when the engine update launches, there will be a 4 'Mech pack dropping with a pricing strategy similar to the Phoenix pack. There won't be a Mechwarrior tournament this year, since almost nobody outside of OutrageHPG watches it anyway and those guys wouldn't know gratitude if it was released from a North Korean prison.

Also, Russ has chopped off 4 of Paul's fingers, one for each of the remaining FP players who were annoyed by that whole loyalist thingy.

Now I feel kinda bad about the few times I've dropped with you and just whispered, "Ricky Spanishhhhhhhh" over VOIP. :D

#44 shaytalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 271 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:45 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 28 May 2019 - 02:54 AM, said:

Just putting this here so I can come back an say I told you so.

Okay, Wernstrom. Posted Image

Edited by shaytalis, 28 May 2019 - 08:45 PM.

#45 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:32 PM

View Postoktocat, on 28 May 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

I'd love to know what new Mechs you're planning on adding, as well as general QoL improvements that are in the works.

Imagine believing there are any QoL improvements in the works. Posted Image

There aren't any. PGI doesn't do QoL.

Edited by Alcom Isst, 28 May 2019 - 09:32 PM.

#46 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:59 PM

View PostGaisuto, on 28 May 2019 - 07:57 AM, said:

No one cares about Mechon or MWOWC (this is not really a game for E Sports, it never was, it just works so so..)
FIX FP and GAME MECHANICS and bring us MAPS AND STUFFF to keep the game alive...

#boycottpgi

You do realize if you boycott them, you're LESS likely to get that ****, right?

#47 Hanky Spam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:25 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 28 May 2019 - 10:59 PM, said:

You do realize if you boycott them, you're LESS likely to get that ****, right?

Giving money to them worked in the past so well, right?
I am pretty sure that we financed PGI the development of MW5 to a high degree with the money that we have spent on MWO.

Instead we are getting an unfinished & rushed and yet simply bugged FP mode that is since the day of deployment even worse than the previous one. New maps? No, we are also not getting any new maps...

So, please explain to me/us why we should be not boycotting PGI?

Edited by Hanky Spam, 29 May 2019 - 01:45 AM.

#48 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 539 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:32 PM

View Postoktocat, on 28 May 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

Look... I haven't been on in a while, and I just got back into the game. I haven't played FP, so I don't know what the deal is with that. I really don't know what anyone's problem is. The game is fun to play, so why complain? "But muh $500 golden mech" Did anyone make you buy it? It was just there so people could support the game. I guess I'm just tired of people hating on PGI and other dev companies. Like I said, I don't really know what's going on, but don't get mad, that won't change anything.

Anyways PGI, I'd love to know what new Mechs you're planning on adding, as well as general QoL improvements that are in the works.

What are you talking about?
[redacted]

Edited by Tina Benoit, 29 May 2019 - 09:40 AM.
insult/nonconstructive

#49 William Warriors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 283 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:41 AM

I haven't played this game for almost a year now. Personally, I felt there's no more new stuff to keep me intrigue and keep playing.

1) The time is stuck at 3069.

2) No new weapons. No new armour options. No endo steel composites and etc.

3) Now Inner Sphere Ominimechs

4) Word of Blake Jihad events. Celestial Omnimechs.

5) No Protomechs, no Battlearmours and no vechicles mechanics.

6) No Mech with hatchets.

#50 RakiaTime

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:55 AM

man seeing the majority of the people in this thread.....constantly negative is not a way to go trough life

#51 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 May 2019 - 06:43 AM

View PostRakia Time, on 29 May 2019 - 05:55 AM, said:

man seeing the majority of the people in this thread.....constantly negative is not a way to go trough life

Based on 7 years of PGI's negativity track record, community being negative isn't a surprise.

For example, We have PGI people in charge of balance changes that ask top players (each with a thousand time more matches than him) about their priorities in terms of needed game changes. Then turn around and do the exact opposite, or twist it around and make it even worse... just to piss them off and have a laugh.... to show them that they are nothing but specks of dust... that they are peasants.

I wish I was kidding.

#52 RakiaTime

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:03 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 29 May 2019 - 06:43 AM, said:

Based on 7 years of PGI's negativity track record, community being negative isn't a surprise.

For example, We have PGI people in charge of balance changes that ask top players (each with a thousand time more matches than him) about their priorities in terms of needed game changes. Then turn around and do the exact opposite, or twist it around and make it even worse... just to piss them off and have a laugh.... to show them that they are nothing but specks of dust... that they are peasants.

I wish I was kidding.

or maybe they legitimately thought those "top tier" players were wrong and their ideas would be detrimental to anyone who isnt "top tier", meaning 99.9% of the playerbase, IMO listening to elitists is always bad

#53 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:13 AM

View PostRakia Time, on 29 May 2019 - 07:03 AM, said:

or maybe they legitimately thought those "top tier" players were wrong and their ideas would be detrimental to anyone who isnt "top tier", meaning 99.9% of the playerbase, IMO listening to elitists is always bad

Uhuh https://www.reddit.c...balance_update/

Listening to bottom 10% whining on LRMs non effectiveness and buffing them 3 patches in a row worked really well for MWO.

Posted Image

But you are free to praise every single PGI dicidion as you want.

Spoiler

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 29 May 2019 - 07:19 AM.

#54 Obiwayne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 114 posts
  • LocationGermany, Cologne

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:31 AM

On point Russ... did you read our minds or how do you know what changes exactly the community would like to see

I mean Mechpacks are just so immensely imporant for this game... We dont need maps, different game modes, quality of life fixes or even a working FP.

I cant understand why you dont adress year old problems. You would be a lot more succesful with your fundraising campaigns since MWO players are generally known to be very generous when it comes to support the game they love. But you are making it really hard for the community. Just saying

#55 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:32 AM

View PostRakia Time, on 29 May 2019 - 07:03 AM, said:

How many issues do you want me to name that were brought up by the top players that were at the request of general polling?

There is so much wrong about what you just said. Do you know anything about the community balance project in early 2018?
We held polls, asked opinions on the forums, discord servers, comp players, casuals.
it was a genuine effort. The top players used that opportunity to bring up the collective opinion to PGI.

I WAS THERE at mechcon! I've heard and seen it myself. It was utter and complete disregard (and with a smug grin at that).

And the fact that you are even calling the top players "elitists" shows how light years away you are from knowing what goes on when it comes opinion on game balance... to me, it seems like you hate them.

Edited by Navid A1, 29 May 2019 - 07:35 AM.

#56 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:33 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 29 May 2019 - 07:32 AM, said:

How many issues do you want me to name that were brought up by the top players that were at the request of general polling?

There is so much wrong about what you just said. Do you know anything about the community balance project in early 2018?
We held polls, asked opinions on the forums, discord servers, comp players, casuals.
it was a genuine effort. The top players used that opportunity to bring up the collective opinion to PGI.

I WAS THERE at mechcon! I've heard and seen it myself. It was utter and complete disregard.

And the fact that you are even calling the top players "elitists" shows how light years away you are from knowing what goes on when it comes opinion on game balance... to me, it seems like you hate them.

If you don't mind can go through all you'll remember without thinking for 1 minute tbh.

#57 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:40 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 29 May 2019 - 07:33 AM, said:

If you don't mind can go through all you'll remember without thinking for 1 minute tbh.

- UnF*ing small pulse lasers
- Stop buffing LRMs
- Curbing ATM damage curves
- Reduced or no ghost heat for AC20s
- Improved SNPPCs
- Improved IS PPCs
- increasing ghost heat limit on Gauss/PPC combos by one
- improved UAC20s
- improved mobility (significantly increasing it for older giga-nerf'd mechs)
- improved SRM spreads
- Artemis.

In response to all of that PGI wanted to dedicate future months to tweaking flamers... dead serious!!!

Edited by Navid A1, 29 May 2019 - 07:41 AM.

#58 RakiaTime

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:04 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 29 May 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

- Reduced or no ghost heat for AC20s
- improved UAC20s

as someone who's primary weapons are AC and UAC 20's at this point i just stopped listening, you just want this game to die
im done here, bye

#59 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:15 AM

View PostRakia Time, on 29 May 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

as someone who's primary weapons are AC and UAC 20's at this point i just stopped listening, you just want this game to die
im done here, bye

[redacted]

Edited by Tina Benoit, 31 May 2019 - 01:49 PM.
insulting others/shaming

#60 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:22 AM

View PostRakia Time, on 29 May 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

im done here, bye

As someone who uses every weapon, every build and every role, I feel like you are logically imploding.

Today I learned: wanting a useless limitation to go away = wanting the game to die.

Yeah, sure that is the reason I kept playing for 7 years and have gone through every stupid disaster balance decision since the beginning.

If it was up to PGI to keep doing what they are doing, we would still have STOCK MECHs as trial mech choices... lol

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users