#61 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 June 2019 - 05:45 AM

View PostPhoolan Devi, on 03 June 2019 - 12:03 AM, said:

Funny thing what selective reading sometimes produces!

All what Russ said was, that MW:O isn't generating enough money to support a company that size. Now, if PGI would only do MW:O, it wouldn't be this size. PGI is also working on MW5, which, according to Russ, did exceptionally well on pre-sales.

Exceptionally well considering how the market is with pre orders these days, I.e. everyone is weary of pre orders delivering terrible games

I have not heard him being happy about it, only "yeah we did well all things considered"

View PostVitriolicViolet, on 07 June 2019 - 05:34 PM, said:

As for MW5 until someone mods the mech bay to allow MWO levels of customisation im not touching that either.

Ehh
I would be fine with Battletechs level of customization
It's not like MW games in the past had the freedom of MWO either

View PostNightbird, on 07 June 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

UNREAL, looks great

https://mw5mercs.com/

Yeah yeah, Unreal always looks great
Usually it runs great too
Now everyone says "ohh, ahh", but 2 years ago most where thinking it's a waste of money trying to get MWO on UE

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 07 June 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

Ill try to mod MW5 almost immediately, so I can drop my self in a Warhammer straight away. Unless of course, we dont get one in game for w/e reason....

Huh
Right, go to console
Type in something like: player.give.item 20 million c-bills, go to planet that has a Warhammer and buy it
Or use a save game editor, or a hex editor

Or type in, player.give.item Warhammer...

It's a single player game
"Mod" a Warhammer
Also you can get the unseen mechs into Battletech, and that was probably more work then it would be for MW5

View PostWolfos31, on 06 June 2019 - 12:44 PM, said:

You want solid new content in MWO but PGI needs a way to fund that new content. By developing MWO2 and starting us off with few of our current resources ported over they could create the opportunity to earn money fro MWO2. If they make lots of upgrades to MWO but have no true way of capitalizing on those upgrades why would they bother?

Yes, how did games ever get made before early access?

All you're asking is players put trust, again, in a company that has a terrible track record, to deliver something this time.

Here is a hint, make a fun mech game, then the fans will come and buy.
Abandon it for a year or more (except skins and messing with balance for appearance sake) while doing another project and people might just leave.

Btw, it's not MWO that needs a rebrand.
Whenever the name PGI falls in another forum people quickly come around to say how terrible PGI is and pay 2 win and gold mechs and yada yada.
MW5? Still made by PGI? Hard pass.
That's usually what you can expect.

The most optimistic thing you can expect is a "wait and see" approach by players.

Edited by Peter2k, 08 June 2019 - 06:02 AM.

#62 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:37 AM

View PostPeter2k, on 08 June 2019 - 05:45 AM, said:

Huh
Right, go to console
Type in something like: player.give.item 20 million c-bills, go to planet that has a Warhammer and buy it
Or use a save game editor, or a hex editor

Or type in, player.give.item Warhammer...

It's a single player game
"Mod" a Warhammer
Also you can get the unseen mechs into Battletech, and that was probably more work then it would be for MW5

If it lets us, I certainly will. Though I kinda intend to play it coop, if it can in fact be coop'd on release. I saw the video of it being coopd, but im not holding my breath on that one. MWO showed this game as being a Coop PVE storyline game before release and this is what we get, soooo, yeah.....fool me once....

If it cant be coopd that will be a huge let down, and I might not bother with it. Honestly, SP only gets boring. Part of why I dont play HBS BT.

Also, how do we get the Warhammer and unseens in BT? Their lack of being there is another reason I dont play HBS BT, that and how modding is unsupported, so my mods break every time there is an update....

#63 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 19 June 2019 - 02:06 AM

PGI build up from Ground a new Crew from Coders and Programmers thats now with MW5 collect experience , im really hope thats PGI can hold this Guys and bind to the Company and bring this experience in a New MWO 2.0

...thats was the biggest Problem ,the lost of exclusive Know How and Manpower with the lost of the strongest Crewmember after 2014 and nothing find thats can fill this big Holes ...you can dreams from a Victory ,without soldiers its a Fantasy

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 19 June 2019 - 02:07 AM.

#64 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 19 June 2019 - 03:30 AM

View PostEatit, on 01 June 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

In the recent Dev Update Russ said that MWO doesn't make enough money to support PGI.

I say that MWO made PGI what it is today. Studios don't just make one game and it carries them for decades. They make many games that all contribute to the bottom line. A PC game only has a certain amount of shelf life. MWO has had a long life and provided a huge amount of income for PGI. Why in the world would they not be interested in making a MWO 2?

I say quit feeling sorry for yourself Russ!!! Get off your a** and start work on the sequel. MW5 is great and I'm sure it will do well. But it's a different kind of game. Get to work on MWO 2. I know you can do it. You have so many assets now that you didn't have before. You have so much knowledge that you didn't have before. MWO 2 would be considerably less work if you made it in the same engine as MW5. You have the skills, you have the people, you know you can do it.

YOU CAN DO IT! MWO 2!

You obviously don't understand how PGI operates. Funds from MWO are pulled to develop MW5 (and anything else they come up with in a Monday meeting). Once MW5 is making money, they siphon funds from it to pay for MWO2. It's gonna be a while. They have to see how well MW5 is doing before they can sink it.

#65 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:56 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 19 June 2019 - 03:30 AM, said:

Once MW5 is making money, they siphon funds from it to pay for MWO2. It's gonna be a while.

I don't know why people think MWO, of all things, is going to be the first game with this kind of business model that will be able to successfully sequelize.

#66 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:35 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 19 June 2019 - 03:30 AM, said:

You obviously don't understand how PGI operates. Funds from MWO are pulled to develop MW5 (and anything else they come up with in a Monday meeting). Once MW5 is making money, they siphon funds from it to pay for MWO2. It's gonna be a while. They have to see how well MW5 is doing before they can sink it.

I don't know if MW5 will make enough money. Its own success is not guaranteed.

#67 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 20 June 2019 - 06:20 AM

View PostAnjian, on 19 June 2019 - 08:35 PM, said:

I don't know if MW5 will make enough money. Its own success is not guaranteed.

That didn't stop them in the past. MWO was struggling and they siphoned funds off for that clone of a space based game a couple of years back. Hell, even after losing over half it's population, it didn't stop them from using MWO funds to develop MW5. Successful or not, that's the business model they've had since the beginning.

#68 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:28 AM

i'd be down for mwo2 setting in 3175 to 3250 ish. Lost of new mechs and tech. Also small scale battles thanks to Hyper pulse generator blackout.
porting mwo to a different engine makes little sense to me. I'd rather have mwo2 be something new.

#69 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 02:52 AM

Eff small scale.

Gib me 32 vs 32

#70 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 10:38 AM

View PostSilentScreamer, on 01 June 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

But they have had seven years to make MWO something more than an arena shooter and never quite hit the mark with Community Warfare, Faction Play or Solaris7 modes.

I've been having a lot of fun with Harebrains BattleTech lately. For some reason it seems more immersive in the BT world than many MW titles. Part of the problem I've notice with many MW titles, the BT worlds seem like stagnant and set stage pieces. Not sure how they'd go about making the Universe breath better . . . maybe we'll see in MW5?

#71 Wolfos31

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:07 AM

View PostFive by Five, on 21 June 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

I've been having a lot of fun with Harebrains BattleTech lately. For some reason it seems more immersive in the BT world than many MW titles. Part of the problem I've notice with many MW titles, the BT worlds seem like stagnant and set stage pieces. Not sure how they'd go about making the Universe breath better . . . maybe we'll see in MW5?

I felt MW3 was pretty alive. You were part of a small elite unit dispatched to eliminate one of the clans. MW4: Vengeance did pretty well in this regard as well, since the missions were often back to back in universe time and you could feel/watch the story develop. MW4: Mercs had the Comstar news bulletins but they were two dry and without context for most people to appreciate. If you already knew the lore you could follow along but if you weren't a BTech fan you usually ignored those. I think that's where things started to feel stagnant.

#72 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:11 AM

View PostWolfos31, on 21 June 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

I felt MW3 was pretty alive. You were part of a small elite unit dispatched to eliminate one of the clans. MW4: Vengeance did pretty well in this regard as well, since the missions were often back to back in universe time and you could feel/watch the story develop. MW4: Mercs had the Comstar news bulletins but they were two dry and without context for most people to appreciate. If you already knew the lore you could follow along but if you weren't a BTech fan you usually ignored those. I think that's where things started to feel stagnant.

MW:V was the one time a game actually made me feel bad for the royal family, and it was quite an enjoyable, albeit ****** story line. ****** in the sense that a family just got betrayed, murdered and now your out for vengeance. However, in MW4: BK, when we find out Dresari went psycho like his family, I had no quams blowing his *** up all the same.... Sad to know the 'canon' version of that rescue or dont rescue the sister mission, is that he didnt rescue her. I typically always rescued her cuz im not that kinda a ****.

HBS BT storyline is to cliche I guess......Yet another leader got over thrown and she wants her throne back...thats probably the most over done storyline arc in any game ever....and yes, I know, MW:V is basically the same thing, but they did it better imo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users