#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:18 PM

Countdown to DERVISH Release June 18th!

DERVISH PREVIEW STREAM ARCHIVE

Join Daeron and Phill for a LIVE preview of the Dervish

today at noon (PDT) /3 pm (EDT) /7 pm (UTC)

on NGNGtv (twitch.tv/ngngtv)

youtube Archive will be posted Following the Live Stream!

DERVISH SCALE

DERVISH QUIRKS

DERVISH DESKTOPS

DERVISH TITLES AND BADGES

STANDARD TITLE:

The Workhorse

BADGE:

COLLECTORS TITLE:

The Sentinel

COLLECTORS BADGE:

*Collectors edition comes with both titles and badges

#2 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:23 PM

Woot! I like it but I don't think I'm skipping leg day for my builds.

#3 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:24 PM

looks good, like a chunkier enforcer with a mean helmet

View PostNightbird, on 05 June 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

- my Dervish assessment -

So first I explored the basic pack for the Dervish. I think the best variant is the 7D, possessing 6 missile slots evenly spread on the mech. The obvious build is 6 SRM6's (https://mech.nav-alp...#b62d5b42_DV-7D), true, the Bushwacker can also do this build, but it's profile is far worse suited to brawls outside of Solaris due to it's side profile and the XL engine needed for this build. Having an JJ for maneuvering is a bonus. Without quirks, this variant should be serviceable, and with slight armor and missile heat quirks can be quite good. Alternatively, this variant can also run streaks with better mobility than the Kintaro.

The second best variant is the 8D. It's point layout is similar to the Griffin-4N while lacking an ECM. Having missile doors, this variant can be a bit tankier, but less sneaky than the GRF-4N. 4SRM6+Artemis, or MRMs with dead side are potential choices for this mech. Compared to the GRF-3M brawler, this mech spreads missile points allowing more engine choices. Without quirks, this variant will be an under-performer, however compared to the GRF-4N I think we can expect better quirks due to the absence of ECM. Overall, moderate quirks in survival, missile spread, cooldown, heat all can make this a decent mech.

The worst variant of the basic pack is the 6M. It shares a similar problem with the Trebuchet Loup de Guerre, having the few missile points spread out too much causes major problems with convergence. If you avoid the arm missile slots, this mech competes directly with the IV4. It would take a very high level of quirks to make this mech competitve, which is unfortunate since this is also the special variant that comes with the collector's pack.

Switching gears to the reinforcement pack, the 6Mr is two energy points in the torso short of being a viable laser Dervish. The IS is lacking a JJ capable mid-range laser boat, especially noticeable in scouting. The wolverine, enforcer, cicada, griffin,crab variants are all lacking sufficient hardpoints to counter Clan laser boats in this bracket, the hunchback is too immobile. This variant probably can only do a MRM, ML hybrid, which will be less than effective even with high quirks. As for the 7D, I checked over and over if I missed ECM, MASC, something, but nope, it is the *cough* most challenging mech of the entire pack with major convergence issues and no missile doors to boot.

The hero Frenzy will be fun. Its 8 missile slots is more than any other IS medium. It will be able to run many unique builds, with SRM4s, SMR6s + rockets, LRM5s, and other combinations of missiles.

Edited by Nightbird, 13 June 2019 - 12:27 PM.

#4 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:34 PM

I wished I could have afforded this mech pack. Dervish is one mech I've had a soft sport for. It looks like it could be a good mech in this game, but of course you can't tell how good it is till you've got your hands on it. Really loving how those missile bay doors look and open. Better than the Archer, which I fears this one might get "the dreaded ears".

#5 Trennbull

• PipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:12 PM

Looks awesome! Glad I bought it resp. Got it as a birthday present.

Thank you PGI, Job well done! :-)

Now let's hope for some good quirks.

#6 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:09 PM

I originally preordered the Dervish, but I had to cancel and get a refund for reasons not related to MWO. The Dervish is a great classic Mech and looks like it will be good in MWO, except for the missile doors, I totally detest the way missile doors work in MWO especially on Mechs that only have some tubes under missile doors and others that aren't.

#7 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:19 PM

Looks really good!

#8 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:45 PM

Well... there it is.

The last MWO mech.

#9 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:49 PM

I'm getting Patlabor vibes out of this thing, and I love it (reminds me of the Helldiver from the intro of the first movie).
As far as missile doors go, either you can use that slight delay to skirt around ghost heat, or you can hit / (by default) to pop them open manually before you think you're about to engage. Unlike the Archer these doors aren't huge bunny ears, so you won't have to worry about people seeing you peering over a hill before you get halfway over it

#10 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:55 PM

I really like the look of the mech. It is a shame the game is dying.

#11 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:06 PM

The Last Mechpack is here. Kinda makes me wish I'd bought it, even though this game will be dead by December. MW5 is going to fail badly, in that they've totally bet the farm on it, and it isn't going to draw new players the way they hope.

#12 TubbyToast

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:02 AM

Warhammer IIC A variant is not in the store ingame for mc

#13 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:27 AM

Wait what? Last Mech?

No Scorpion?!

HERESY!

#14 GottFaust

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 96 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:46 AM

View Postshameless, on 13 June 2019 - 06:06 PM, said:

The Last Mechpack is here. Kinda makes me wish I'd bought it, even though this game will be dead by December. MW5 is going to fail badly, in that they've totally bet the farm on it, and it isn't going to draw new players the way they hope.

According to Russ in one of the AMAs: MW5 only needs to sell 500,000 copies to turn a profit, and that number should be easily attainable if the pre-orders did as well as they claim. I highly doubt it'll fail, let alone badly. Will it do as well as it could if they actually had a marketing department to speak of and a solid advertising campaign? Probably not, but word of mouth and streamers are more than enough to hit 500,000 in today's market.

This is especially true considering it's one of the RTX+DLSS titles, and Nvidia will likely heavily push it on their end once it launches like they have with every other DLSS or RTX supported title.

Edited by GottFaust, 14 June 2019 - 06:47 AM.

#15 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:18 AM

View Postshameless, on 13 June 2019 - 06:06 PM, said:

PGI, have had a really bumpy ride regarding making games ( they had a hand in Duke Nukem too, still Gearbox was the ral snort) Communication and seemingly odd behaviour, making us think they dont want to listen, but want us to suggest things? I have never gotten that, maybe PGI is adamant to try before all suggestions and even with feedback, they noping out anyway for the most time.

For one, and as far as I know. PGI never really wanted to make this acrady mech game called MWO. Remember the first MW5 trailer before MWO came around? Yeah, the one they would be making with Smith & Tinker? But S&T went bankrupt (?), harmony hold got all jizzy for lawsuiting the helluva MW5 if it were made, just because the Warhammer in old style/ unseen appeared in the video/ trailer.
NOW finally PGI can focus on making MW5M without Harmony Gold form bizarro world ******* around and biting their heels. So that can help their situation alot.

One thing I dont get why some uppity folks want/ think MW5 will fail??? How do YOU know it will fail? Didnt know you are visionary? This is beside the point of PGI not exactly... having the best track record.

****** *** attitude! Kinda sadistic and get pleasure over the struggle, apathy of the situation.
Just waiting with glee and hoping for failure so they can spew vomit and bile and tell with pride " I told you so, omg lulz, l33ting other know, PGI fail!" " Also MW5 graphic suxxors, lelz, bad game" Derp!

I really dont know whats worst, the nutjob side of the fanbase or the seemingly oblivous worst of PGI. Need some clean up to do while looking int the mirror and repeat x times " constructive mindset" /s

Also I dont actually care if this game dies, to be harsh. Sure we have shitton of mechs and spent alot of dosh on packs and whatnot.
But I would rather PGI keep a strong focus on making MW5 as great as possible. It actually might be that one game PGI actually care to make top- notch ( as Castle says ).
Need a fresh start. Hopefully MW5M succeds, and they finally can either port MWO into a new unreal 4 engine or start from scratch with it as MWO 2 and full compensation for the ones who have bothered to stick to and hope for better times in MWO (including me)

Edited by Tordin, 14 June 2019 - 07:19 AM.

#16 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:46 AM

Seems all the woe is us, the game is dying, last mechpack BS has found a new home. Ok time for round two and I'm gonna start off blunt.

Get your heads out of your a$$es. If the game was dying it'd take longer then 6 months to shut it down, PGI can't just flick a switch next week and turn it off, they would lack a revenue stream to pay their employees and keep the company going until MW5 goes on sale, for one. Two, MW5 will probably succeed, maybe not 2 million copies in the first 48 hrs succeed, but it will succeed, turn a profit, and provide for MWO's future.

Three and the most pressing point of all, and this is directed at you NAVID, no this is not the last MWO mech. As Russ stated during the dev update, their is in fact another mechpack coming, just not right now. We will be getting mechpacks quarterly, that means ever 3 months, which translates to 4 mechpacks a year. He also said the community might get a say in which mechs get released. And if PGI is smart, they will do 4 mechs per pack, 1 of each weight class, to maximize profits. So you see, this is not the last MWO mech, its merely the last one until the next fiscal quarter, which is the fall. Russ stated that the next one will be special, so chances are we may see a mech the community has been wanting, or even an IS Omnimech or Quad, anything is possible.

#17 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:24 AM

Excited for this one.

Already a lot of missile based IS 55 tonners but at least the option for 8 missile hardpoints is new. Also, it just looks really really nice and I'm a sucker for mechpron.

Swinging back to the Quickdraw release from 2013(?), I feel like this is what I expected the Quickdraw to look like in game (mostly in terms of proportions and scale, since we ended up with a beefier looking mech in game than the concept art).

#18 Rosh87

• PipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:35 AM

View PostAvalon91211, on 14 June 2019 - 07:46 AM, said:

Seems all the woe is us, the game is dying, last mechpack BS has found a new home. Ok time for round two and I'm gonna start off blunt.

Get your heads out of your a$$es. If the game was dying it'd take longer then 6 months to shut it down, PGI can't just flick a switch next week and turn it off, they would lack a revenue stream to pay their employees and keep the company going until MW5 goes on sale, for one. Two, MW5 will probably succeed, maybe not 2 million copies in the first 48 hrs succeed, but it will succeed, turn a profit, and provide for MWO's future.

Three and the most pressing point of all, and this is directed at you NAVID, no this is not the last MWO mech. As Russ stated during the dev update, their is in fact another mechpack coming, just not right now. We will be getting mechpacks quarterly, that means ever 3 months, which translates to 4 mechpacks a year. He also said the community might get a say in which mechs get released. And if PGI is smart, they will do 4 mechs per pack, 1 of each weight class, to maximize profits. So you see, this is not the last MWO mech, its merely the last one until the next fiscal quarter, which is the fall. Russ stated that the next one will be special, so chances are we may see a mech the community has been wanting, or even an IS Omnimech or Quad, anything is possible.

Just signed in (after reading this) to say - great post // excellent points - and I'm more or less with you on this more optimistic view of the future, for MWO. People somehow spun what Russ said into "So we'll be ending the game in December" - which I think is a complete / almost purposeful exaggeration of his actual words. I mean - sure there are various (legit) problems with the game (shrinking player base, etc), but to sign the game's death warrant so hastily, seems very premature.

--------------------

(I'm hoping we get the 100 Ton Clan "Bane" assault mech - able to mount 10 UAC-2's...for the "ultimate" Dakka lol. )

* actually, looking at the Bane's Sarna entry, I'm puzzled how it can go faster than the Direwolf, yet carry (theoretically) more ballistic options - even going with the Omnimech setups we can create with the Ultra-violet (8 Ballistic mounts) ? They have it at like 50-something...yet DireWhale can only make 48.6 (for life).

Edited by Rosh87, 14 June 2019 - 08:36 AM.

#19 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:02 AM

Hey look it's the Quicktaroforcer (QTF)Posted Image .
Or is it the Kinforcerdraw?
Wait...
En-Kin-Draw-Forcer-Quick-Taro?

Looks nice.

Edited by Jackal Noble, 14 June 2019 - 09:06 AM.

#20 Culnan

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:20 AM

View PostRosh87, on 14 June 2019 - 08:35 AM, said:

--------------------

(I'm hoping we get the 100 Ton Clan "Bane" assault mech - able to mount 10 UAC-2's...for the "ultimate" Dakka lol. )

* actually, looking at the Bane's Sarna entry, I'm puzzled how it can go faster than the Direwolf, yet carry (theoretically) more ballistic options - even going with the Omnimech setups we can create with the Ultra-violet (8 Ballistic mounts) ? They have it at like 50-something...yet DireWhale can only make 48.6 (for life).

It's just a consistent difference between MWO and Sarna stats. MWO has a bunch of Clan Omnis running slower than their Sarna quoted speeds (for some kind of balance maybe?). For example the Timber Wolf, Mad Dog and Hellbringer all do 81 kph in MWO, but 86.4kph according to Sarna. The Bane and Dire Wolf have the same listed speed on Sarna at 54 kph.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users