Beach Party Events And Sales

146 replies to this topic

#101 HauptmanT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 378 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 10:39 AM

Anyone able to actually open "canada day" loot bags?

Mine arent even showing up?

Jebus i hate programers.

EDIT: Oh apparently these loot bags have a delay. Not the first ones, only these ones.

Edited by HauptmanT, 01 July 2019 - 10:50 AM.

#102 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 04:56 PM

Well I got my mech bay. If.only there was a mech sale to go with the event. I'll just fill the bay with spare engines in a few days.

#103 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:01 PM

View PostKewlar Zenyu, on 01 July 2019 - 05:46 AM, said:

As per Gearraid's post, I too purchased MC with this event. Yesterday. The sale STILL shows it till today, July 1. Did NOT get the extra 30%. Used the link for it, saw it on the page, but not when I input my info. Receipt also shows only 25000 MC. Just checked now this morning, no response to email. No 30% in game. Any ideas what the hell happened? I know of 4 more people that dropped that $99.95 USD and didn't get the additional MC. Below the link to purchase there was a link to gift it as well, and that one stated after redeeming, the MC would be delivered within an hour. I thought maybe that was the same for the purchase outright. It was NOT. So...

You might have purchased it AFTER the time period has ended. The Bonus MC sale ended at 00:00 1st July UTC. The link should've been disabled the moment the sale period had ended but it almost never is the case unfortunately. Try to contact Customer Support.

#104 Lance McRaven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMentor, Ohio

Posted 02 July 2019 - 04:16 AM

So, I love this game, and the events add to the people playing in the community. I currently have 411 mechs, been around since just after Beta, and hope to be able to play for years to come. Made some good friends, excited to see what new mechs are coming!!
Semper Fi,!

#105 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 06:53 AM

Yeah, played a few games today, TKs and friendly fire within 10 seconds of match start. Giving out participation rewards for doing the absolute minimum in a hundred matches is just as bad now as it was the first time they tried it. First game of the day someone drops an arty strike on a bunch of teammates when the red box he was aiming for was 500m on the other side of a wall, killing me and wrecking most the remaining teammates. Second game, teammate turns and puts an alpha into my back as soon as match begins. Teammates trying to fire through each others' backs over and over because someone has a lock on a shiny on the other side of map.

Seriously, require actual performance if you're going to give rewards. If they can't manage at least a 250 match score, that's their problem.

#106 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:47 AM

Someone else noticed the Warhammer IIC not going out for CB yet??? It was stated as 00:00 UTC Jul 2nd.

#107 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:37 AM

I can't say I've noticed a significant increase in potato play. Perhaps a bit more of people trying to crowd in to get fire on enemies which has resulted in an uptick in team damage. Last night I was in my MCII-B ripping out some dakka and had a teammate not just walk into my line of fire but stand in front of me so they could fire. Not the biggest deal to either wait for them to pull back or to re-position, but still annoying.

Ultimately I like the events. I'd be playing anyway but this gives me something to work towards and often has me playing some mechs I don't play as often.

#108 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:10 AM

I push in front of friendlies sometimes too, but mostly in coordinated teamplay and not without calling it out before.
Helps a lot with the survivability

#109 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:13 PM

View PostKodan Black, on 02 July 2019 - 08:37 AM, said:

I can't say I've noticed a significant increase in potato play. Perhaps a bit more of people trying to crowd in to get fire on enemies which has resulted in an uptick in team damage. Last night I was in my MCII-B ripping out some dakka and had a teammate not just walk into my line of fire but stand in front of me so they could fire. Not the biggest deal to either wait for them to pull back or to re-position, but still annoying. Ultimately I like the events. I'd be playing anyway but this gives me something to work towards and often has me playing some mechs I don't play as often.

That's the biggest change I've seen too, I think. Much greater disregard for anyone else's position and one's own back armour.

#110 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 02 July 2019 - 10:32 PM

Are we gonna get a new 'mech announcement someday or what? Been waiting a long time for the Argus....

Sunder

Longbow

Crusader

Chimera

#111 L U C A MCMLXXVI

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:48 PM

Nice event...thk

#112 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 04:42 AM

View PostCyanEyd, on 02 July 2019 - 10:32 PM, said:

Are we gonna get a new 'mech announcement someday or what? Been waiting a long time for the Argus....

Sunder

Longbow

Crusader

Chimera

probably not that soon, but they said they won't stop it completely

#113 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 05:04 AM

I haven't played much lately but finished my Dervish event the last couple days. I did notice it took a lot longer to get into pickup matches which means to me a lot fewer people playing.

#114 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 02:56 AM

Posted Image

I installed this new discount Upgrade onto my Battlemech .

Its OP man , I been pawning noobs all day

#115 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 04 July 2019 - 05:37 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 02 July 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

That's the biggest change I've seen too, I think. Much greater disregard for anyone else's position and one's own back armour.

Yeah, I stopped playing after I got my back blown out by "friendlies" two matches in a row while moving out of spawn. Ridiculous.

#116 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 04 July 2019 - 05:42 AM

View PostCyanEyd, on 02 July 2019 - 10:32 PM, said:

Sunder

Longbow

Crusader

Chimera

I guess you missed Russ' podcast of May 29 in which he announced that the game was now in "maintenance mode" with no new content except to fix what Paul broke with the last two big patches. New mech packs will be very few and far between moving forward.

Listen for yourself.

#117 Barakis

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 08:30 AM

Dear PGI, please reset the TIER level of players sometimes.

#118 axerion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Davion
  • Hero of Davion
  • 297 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOdenwald

Posted 04 July 2019 - 04:12 PM

first off - Thanx for the event, its always great if you can get more than just the game rewards and i especially like the lootbag events

Suggestion

it would support FP-Players if your matchscore wouldn´t just count once.
I almost only play FP and
since the matches take much longer than Quickplay or Solaris matches I wasn´t able to get all those fancy loot bags on Canada Day Posted Image

If the matchscore could be divided by the necessary matchscore, than it would be great. f.e. if you get 320 matchscore you could get 4 loot bags for phase 1 and on top still 3 lootbags for those beachparty events that need 100 matchscore to get get you a loot bag. Posted Image Posted Image

#119 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 04 July 2019 - 04:55 PM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 04 July 2019 - 05:42 AM, said:

I guess you missed Russ' podcast of May 29 in which he announced that the game was now in "maintenance mode" with no new content except to fix what Paul broke with the last two big patches. New mech packs will be very few and far between moving forward.

Listen for yourself.

You are correct, I did miss it. Thanks

#120 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 04 July 2019 - 05:16 PM

I haven't been noticing people playing particularly poorly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users