108 replies to this topic

#61 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 19 July 2019 - 06:25 PM

the call to arms is linked to mwo health.
no games means no players, no players means no game.
thankyou for trying.

Edited by BROARL, 19 July 2019 - 06:27 PM.

#62 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:26 AM

View PostBROARL, on 19 July 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

the call to arms is linked to mwo health.
no games means no players, no players means no game.
thankyou for trying.

And I just don't understand that - I have always thought that the Call to Arms is about the most useless "feature" PGI ever made. If you go the the faction play screen, it's blatantly obvious if there's enough players on one side or the other to initiate a match. What on earth do you need an annoying pop-up for?

#63 LTC Kilgore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:52 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 19 July 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

So here's the update on what's going on in terms of implementing the Loyalist path in FP.

First and foremost, the ability to select a Faction to be loyal to and keeping that loyalty flag consistent across all screens will be implemented in the August patch. The screens have been planned and laid out and engineering has already covered a lot of ground getting this ready. This is Section 2 in the OP.

The selection of Faction will be taking place on the usual spot in the Faction Selection flag screen. The warning screen to let players know about what the implication of pledging loyalty will be displayed as per Section 1 in the OP. Again, this is for the August patch.

The trickier part of this whole update is the LP distribution and associated components outlined in Sections 3-5. The CtA feature is on the border of making it for a Sept. patch but the main goal of Sections 3 and 5 are the primary targeted features to go in. While the roadmap in the OP has been updated to show a tentative release of Sept (and the engineers seem to be okay with it) I don't want to set a hard date until we have been developing it all and have a clear understanding of the systems affected/created to get this in. Target IS Sept, but give us some wiggle room on it.

During this time of getting Sections 1 and 2 done, (it's not going to take a full patch worth of work) getting parts 3-5 is no where near possible done for August. But since it's a light patch schedule we are also addressing the Leaderboards for FP. Stay tuned for more on that and I'll be creating a new thread for the Leaderboard discussion that has a need for your input. That thread will be put up on Monday.

Next thing on our discussion plate for what happens after the Loyalty update is complete, is Mercenary Unit roles and their contract bonus return.

the real question is..

WHY was the loyalty system changed to begin with? WHO thought it would be a good idea to basically eliminate loyalists and loyalist units from the game??

#64 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 05:20 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 20 July 2019 - 08:26 AM, said:

And I just don't understand that - I have always thought that the Call to Arms is about the most useless "feature" PGI ever made. If you go the the faction play screen, it's blatantly obvious if there's enough players on one side or the other to initiate a match. What on earth do you need an annoying pop-up for?

Khal I would still find the fkn call to arms annoying if they brought it back BUT the sad truth is the queue climbs to 12 on one side and sits there for 20mins and then empties again, rinse-repeat, and the fkn annoying pop up may mean I get a game on a weekday.

#65 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:53 PM

what about function to share c-bills in a unit?

Edited by Aivazovsky, 22 July 2019 - 12:53 PM.

#66 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:29 PM

I liked that call to arms Pop up . It does indeed motivate people to jump in .

Its feels quite immersive for that RP aspect some of us crave .

Edited by Pain G0D, 22 July 2019 - 11:30 PM.

#67 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:10 AM

Just wondering about Loyalists here. Does your account get locked into either the Clan or IS side if you chose the Loyalist route? I've always leaned over to the Merc's side 'cause I can play as both.

#68 VileKnight

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:51 AM

View PostLTC Kilgore, on 20 July 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

the real question is..

WHY was the loyalty system changed to begin with? WHO thought it would be a good idea to basically eliminate loyalists and loyalist units from the game??

We are far past this point of the conversation man. This whole topic was started in response to the communities outcry to revert the changes. Let's not beat a dead horse.

#69 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:46 AM

View PostVileKnight, on 23 July 2019 - 06:51 AM, said:

We are far past this point of the conversation man. This whole topic was started in response to the communities outcry to revert the changes. Let's not beat a dead horse.

[redacted]

Edited by Tina Benoit, 29 July 2019 - 01:04 PM.
toxicity/insults/discussing moderation

#70 LTC Kilgore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:19 PM

View PostVileKnight, on 23 July 2019 - 06:51 AM, said:

So what were the answers to those questions? And are the people that made those decisions the same ones that are now trying to "fix" CW? Does that inspire confidence in you?

#71 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:38 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 23 July 2019 - 12:10 AM, said:

Just wondering about Loyalists here. Does your account get locked into either the Clan or IS side if you chose the Loyalist route? I've always leaned over to the Merc's side 'cause I can play as both.

Until the end of that specific conflict, which may be in an hour or two, then the whole thing changes. That's why the call to arms really won't help. Imagine queuing up when the conflict switches. Bet that'll piss off a whole lot of people.

#72 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 24 July 2019 - 05:48 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 19 July 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

getting parts 3-5 is no where near possible done for August.

Understandable this is a major overhaul and will take some time. Can you address the community's request to have more Siege and possibly re-instate Counter Attack/Hold Territory. The Siege phases have been very popular (there was one today and for a Wednesday the queue was very active). Many in my unit mostly want to play Siege and I hear this from the vast majority of FP players. Given the event system, it seems very possible to have Siege on constantly or at least on high rotation. CA/HT might take some time but Siege is available now. Any thoughts?

#73 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:08 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 23 July 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

Until the end of that specific conflict, which may be in an hour or two, then the whole thing changes. That's why the call to arms really won't help. Imagine queuing up when the conflict switches. Bet that'll piss off a whole lot of people.

Well, that's fine to some extent. If I'm able to play as Kurita loyalist for one conflict and then become a Clan Wolf loyalist on the same account for the next conflict, then Call To Arms is only like a heads-up about the current FW event. You could do it differently now.

#74 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:00 PM

It's a bad idea to make a call to arms if the opponent is a ~full group, but a good idea if the opponent isn't.

If anything limit call to arms to Tier 1 players to limit the damage they do.

#75 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:45 PM

^ lolwut?

#76 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 01:14 AM

maybe we could get games if we lined up all those who are full of STEAM and let them loose vs the EPIC trolls?

*am I allowed to advertise PGI voodoo dollies here? I imagine there could be a market for them at present...

#77 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:07 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 06 December 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

Coffers

Unit management taxation removal/change
C-bill transfer between players

so what about this? Communicating and playing together is what makes people return to the MWO. We like to play group as a unit, but group QP is dead. New players do not have enough funds to collect the necessary drop decks for FP, and become frustrated. I would like to address the issue with the coffer of the unit and the distribution / promotion of c-bills

#78 3fl0w

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOKC

Posted 26 July 2019 - 11:15 AM

Things are differnt from what I remembered in 2016.
I can't pledge to a particular Clans as a loyalist?
There has to be a conflict or something?
Did everyone just move to Solaris?
IDK. the post is July 19' but i'm not seeing where I can pledge GB.

#79 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 July 2019 - 02:46 PM

View Post3fl0w, on 26 July 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

Things are differnt from what I remembered in 2016.
I can't pledge to a particular Clans as a loyalist?
There has to be a conflict or something?
Did everyone just move to Solaris?
IDK. the post is July 19' but i'm not seeing where I can pledge GB.

You can in Sept when the new system is implemented.
There is no one in Solaris. lol

#80 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 July 2019 - 05:35 PM

Not a lot to update here other than things are moving forward as they should be and so far everything is tracking as indicated.

To address some questions:

1) Do you get locked to a Faction when you pledge loyalty? Yes, but you also have the ability to fight for your allies as well depending on the conflict that is running.

2) I can't pledge to a particular Clans as a loyalist? You cannot pledge loyalty and only play as that Faction right now because you currently choose which of the two factions who are fighting at the moment to fight for. Hardline Faction Loyalty is not currently supported. If you choose to only play for Clan Ghost Bear for example, you would only do so, on your own volition, when Clan Ghost Bear is in the conflict. This is the divergence from Faction Play that we are addressing in these Loyalty discussion threads.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users