• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 155 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 27 July 2019 - 07:28 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 19 July 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

I'll be creating a new thread for the Leaderboard discussion that has a need for your input. That thread will be put up on Monday.

That would have been 5 days ago. Still working on it?

#82 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 30 July 2019 - 03:22 AM

i'm so excited! i'm betting the new leaderboard will be EPIC.

#83 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:50 AM

[redacted]

Edited by Tina Benoit, 06 August 2019 - 09:35 AM.
nonconstructive

#84 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 01 August 2019 - 07:28 AM

Paul, a question:

After Loyalist and Merc updates, are there any further plans for FP?
Would you consider to add some free mechs as a reward to loyalist trees? Redundant for veterans, but a bait for new blood.

Also, when Loyalist changes drop, can you please make another Tukayyid? Hopefully to kickstart CW again, or at least as a farewell party.
With multiple events per each clan trying to do their objectives, with players getting rewarded with totem mechs or mechs from ComGuard... And good old "Never forget" banners. Posted Image

P.S. Can he be summoned without a human sacrifice ? Posted Image

#85 BaronDeath

• PipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOzark Highlands

Posted 02 August 2019 - 12:35 AM

Paul, as a word of encouragement for your articulation to your developers and stakeholders; Loyalty is the Best Loyalty. It is inherent and natural and is not entirely calculated by statistics, queries and inner joins. Thank you for your updates. Ghost Bears are hibernating. Other Loyalists are hibernating and acquiescing atm. It is all good for those with disciplined patience. Speaking for myself and especially other Clan Loyalists, I am eager to reflect the depths of intrinsic Arctotherium Loyalty.

#86 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 August 2019 - 04:48 PM

View PostBlockpirat, on 27 July 2019 - 07:28 AM, said:

That would have been 5 days ago. Still working on it?

My bad on this one. Forgot there was a date attached. I'll create it now. Here it is.

As for an update, the work is all moving ahead as planned. I've seen the internal build that has all pledged loyalties staying in place on all screen so yes, you could theoretically play for GhostBear while aligned to Kurita at the moment. This will change with the major update with all the Loyalist stuff in tact.

Edited by Paul Inouye, 02 August 2019 - 05:02 PM.
Added link to new post.

#87 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 August 2019 - 04:59 PM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 01 August 2019 - 07:28 AM, said:

Paul, a question:

After Loyalist and Merc updates, are there any further plans for FP?
Would you consider to add some free mechs as a reward to loyalist trees? Redundant for veterans, but a bait for new blood.

Possible yes and is part of the consideration for the rewards in both Loyalist and Merc Unit paths.

Also, when Loyalist changes drop, can you please make another Tukayyid? Hopefully to kickstart CW again, or at least as a farewell party.
With multiple events per each clan trying to do their objectives, with players getting rewarded with totem mechs or mechs from ComGuard... And good old "Never forget" banners. Posted Image

You've studied the new system and have hit on how we'll be doing events like Tukayyid. And yes we will be doing grand scale events like this, just not scheduled yet.

P.S. Can he be summoned without a human sacrifice ? Posted Image

Posted Image

#88 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:20 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 02 August 2019 - 04:59 PM, said:

And yes we will be doing grand scale events like this, just not scheduled yet.

Thank you! Posted Image

Possible yes and is part of the consideration for the rewards in both Loyalist and Merc Unit paths.

Is any help from the community needed for the mechs allegiance? Or do you have it covered?

UPD: If suggestions are being accepted, open this:
Spoiler

Edited by Sigmar Sich, 04 August 2019 - 11:08 AM.

#89 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 06:55 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 03 July 2019 - 05:54 PM, said:

• An additional rank will be added to each Faction
  • The title associated with this new rank is "Hero of X" where X is the name of the Faction in question.

How about adding a new kind of rank, the Clan Rank.

The Clan Rank is the lowest rank you have achieved in any Clan Faction.

So if you're rank 9 in one Clan Faction, and rank 10+ in every other Clan Faction, your "Clan Rank" is 9, because your lowest rank in any Clan Faction is 9.

And you earn the title "Hero of the Clan" if you reach Clan Rank 20, which means you managed to reach rank 20 in each and every Clan Faction.

I'm not too concerned about the final reward, because I don't really expect anyone to reach rank 20 in every Clan Faction, but this will give players something to grind, that is a lot more difficult to achieve then simply "Hero of one Faction".

And it would be nice if there was a way to display both your Faction rank and Clan/IS rank, in the forum, in the cockpit, and also on the mech.

PS : Same thing for IS side.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 05 August 2019 - 07:24 AM.

#90 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 03:43 AM

it would be nice if you could choose your title from amongst all the ranks you have earnt, for example I prefer rank19 "commandant-general" or whatever it was instead of just rank20 "general", etc.
it's trivial but it'd be cool.

#91 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 August 2019 - 04:22 PM

Progress Update:

As per previous updates - Selecting your Faction from the Faction Select flag carousel will now be consistent across the entire game. Leaderboards (while still determining which data set to use) will first be populated as a global leaderboard (much like QP leaderboards) but will be constricted to current lifetime Faction Play data.

These are coming in this patch.

it would be nice if you could choose your title from amongst all the ranks you have earnt, for example I prefer rank19 "commandant-general" or whatever it was instead of just rank20 "general", etc.
it's trivial but it'd be cool.

Will look into it for future implementation.

View PostHumble Dexter, on 05 August 2019 - 06:55 AM, said:

<snip> Clan or IS global rank

That would be a HUGE grind and as you mentioned, not a lot of people are going to get that far. It's also a significant change to the backend data tracking that is not meant for that type of monitoring.

#92 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:12 AM

please be carefull not to make the next million LP worth merely the equivalent of a day in a quickplay event as that may encourage salt, thankyou for your efforts.

please also consider showing damage taken at the end of a game in the same way that damage done is displayed.

#93 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:22 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 02 August 2019 - 04:59 PM, said:

Here is the finalized form of the suggestion. https://mwomercs.com...-faction-ranks/

Hope this helps you to decide about this feature.

#94 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 21 August 2019 - 04:28 PM

Paul,

If a player does not select an Allegiance, what happens with the LP earned? Is the Player considered a Freelancer (no Allegiance), even if said player had selected loyalist for that conflict/drop?

Screenshot from this thread...

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6285886

Posted Image

View PostTarl Cabot, on 21 August 2019 - 03:55 PM, said:

Testing it, currently it is Kurita vs somebody... Posted Image

Allegiance to Kurita - contacted Loyaltist to Kurita - Earned Kurita LP
Allegiance to Rasalhague - contracted Loyalist to Kurita, Earned Rasalhague LP

If no Allegiance declared.. not able to test.. LP goes into limbo, as per Dave's screenshot?

So right now, if no Allegiance has been declared, LP points do not go to the faction you are fighting for.....essentially losing LP..

What does it look like if you go Merc without an Allegiance? Do you earn Merc? Dave, when you took that screenshot? Did you go merc or loyalist or Freelance for that specific conflict?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 21 August 2019 - 04:32 PM.

#95 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:11 PM

How can you have so many events in one year and yet not one is dedicated to FP ?

I cannot speak for other people but it was the Tukkayid event that hooked me when i started playing . It will be a crying shame if Tukkayid skips another year .

#96 evil kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:48 AM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 21 August 2019 - 11:11 PM, said:

How can you have so many events in one year and yet not one is dedicated to FP ?

I cannot speak for other people but it was the Tukkayid event that hooked me when i started playing . It will be a crying shame if Tukkayid skips another year .

You could do a lot of different lore events other than tukkayid too. Like:

Battle of luthien in january
Jade falcon incursion and the battle of coventry feb- march
Battle of twycross in september

And at any time, a months long operation bulldog/serpent event with personal rewards and major changes to parts of the IS map at stake (like removing clan smoke jag to 1 planet only in the periphery and giving nova cat sll their planets for IS victory. Vice versa, if clsns win, give them every planet in a 3 planet wide line between their "southern" most point and terra, but be sure to leave the frr 1 planet).

Edit:i apologize in advance, much vodka and free time on sarna was sacrificed in the creation of this idea

Edited by evilelrond, 22 August 2019 - 01:49 AM.

#97 Gandhi1

Rookie

• The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:15 PM

Paul, any news yet on the next patch and what it might do for FP?

#98 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:42 PM

View PostGandhi1, on 06 September 2019 - 02:15 PM, said:

Paul, any news yet on the next patch and what it might do for FP?

Posted Image

#99 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:07 AM

Paul, could you also ban cadets from playing FP? Anyone that has less than 25 QP matches under their belt is highly likely to be unable to carry their weight in Faction Play. Would also definitely help with match quality.

#100 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:52 AM

My unit would also greatly appreciate if the end of match scoreboard reflected damage received. We want a way to quantify and assess how well different pilots tank, it would be a huge quality of life improvement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users