#261 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:47 PM

Huh, guess I was wrong Posted Image

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 01 April 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

Don't worry, MW5 isn't popular enough for Epic to bother wasting money on it Posted Image

#262 Grimm Shado

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:48 PM

View PostFatherSarge, on 25 July 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

People like you are the reason the games industry has lost all it's luster and humanity. Anything for a buck

View PostFatherSarge, on 25 July 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

It's not my job to educate you on why this is bad. Do your own research instead of demanding someone else spoon feed it to you. This is no different than forgiving EA for Battlefront 2 or Anthem or Bethesda for FO76. Keep giving them money, keep the trends like this going. Educate yourself because you are actually destroying things for the rest of us because you have no self control.

I'm sorry you're upset about EGS exclusivity, I understand why you are upset, it's OK to be upset about this. But lashing out at others does not help. I really wish you would try to be nicer.

#263 Paladin IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:51 PM

Hey guys, who wants to repopulate the MechWarrior Living Legends servers now that MWO and MW5 are dead?

#264 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:53 PM

View PostCreepus, on 25 July 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

It is not about 30%. It is about relationship to their consumers. Steam is huge platform with tons of features. EGS has absolutely nothing. So of course I(as a standard consumer for example) want to buy game on platform i like, on platform where i already have about 100 games, where i have most of my active friends, where i can chat, vote and bla bla bla. A there is a $h*t hole where u have 25 games for sale, where u cant share your opinion, where u cant tell is this game good or not. And more over one smart *** forces you to play the game you were promised on other platform/platforms exclusively on their platform. That`s why people rage.

And let`s be honest we don`t care about developers. We only care about game we are going to play. Good game does not need exclusivity or something else. It will sell itself.

Also its because of PRINCIPLES! Which publishers and some developers dont get.
You dont effing say its gonna be released on said platform, when people have with faith and trust pre ordered/ kickstarted for then to pull a switcharoo and say " oh, sorry but erm... we had another better deal behind your backs so, err sorry. But HEY! you can REFUND so no hard feelings, right? "
Darn cretins dont get it. Its exclusivity obession that undermines it all.

Does it cost say, PGI to frigging release it on Steam, GOG AAAAAND Epic at the same time?? If not is it because: " Oh you wanna launch your game on Steam? sorry but we dont like em, come and play with us!" Its like the "my parent/ choice/ platform is better than yours" causing a rift in releationships, here by fanbase and such.

View PostPaladin IIC, on 25 July 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

Hey guys, who wants to repopulate the MechWarrior Living Legends servers now that MWO and MW5 are dead?

Possible... But Im gonna install Mech Commander 1 & 2, Mech Warrior 4 and its expansions and have that to occupy myself for ANOTHER YEAR! Maybe get edgy and try to solo run a Flea with a giant laser for funnzeeeez!

View Postcanexican, on 25 July 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

I hope the advance in sales was worth it, I for one will not support this **** even after exclusivity.

Now, Im all furious about this "Epic" deal but I do want to see the MW/ Battletech IP survive. I WILL get it on Steam in a year and show, eh support that way. Even though its just mindboggling nonsense why the hell PGI dont release it on all them platforms..

Edited by Tordin, 25 July 2019 - 02:57 PM.

#265 Stridercal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:56 PM

View PostBEARDOOM, on 25 July 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

Ok. Now I understand.
But MWO was from beginning undercut, and almoust broke.
It started, cut the real programers from work, didn't cut from IS XL engine bull sh...t.

Oh, you're one of those chowderheads still railing about the Inner's XL engines, eh? Dude, give it up, or make a FASA voodoo doll, or something. Just get over it.

#266 Zed993

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:58 PM

Did you people seriously expect better from PGI? I've been expecting this for months now. I washed my hands of this studio years ago after playing MWO because they're trash. They are quite seriously the worst developer I have ever had the displeasure of giving my money to.

#267 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:05 PM

View PostAlienized, on 25 July 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

its simple EPIC is owned by Tencent... Tencent has a notable criminal history of selling user bio information to the highest bidder which is usually the Chinese Government.

thats what you get.

It's more like Tencent is a Chinese company, and all Chinese companies have the legal obligation to hand over their customer data to the Chinese Communist Party...

So you're not getting sold out, they're doing it for free.

#268 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:08 PM

Despicable, greedy. I cannot believe the level of foolishness.
Watch, WATCH even the most loyal of your WHALES flee.

Refund requested. Not like I'll run that spyware cancer even if my refund is denied.
Hell, I may just quit MWO on top of it.

For betrayal like this? You better believe you deserve it.
Have fun with your zombie studio.

#269 canexican

Rookie

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 2 posts

View PostTordin, on 25 July 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

Now, Im all furious about this "Epic" deal but I do want to see the MW/ Battletech IP survive. I WILL get it on Steam in a year and show, eh support that way. Even though its just mindboggling nonsense why the hell PGI dont release it on all them platforms..

As we do all we want the IP to survive. However time and time again this year this has happened, EGS exclusivity has brought the console wars to PC and this is absurd. I will show my voice with my wallet, for I don't sail the high sea, for this and any other developer/game on my personal radar that chooses to endorse the practice of exclusivity vs be available everywhere I say to hell with them for my back log is long and its not like new games don't come out all the time.

edit: spelling

Edited by canexican, 25 July 2019 - 03:10 PM.

#270 Z Cassel

• PipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 24 posts

Its very frustrating to find myself so torn and feeling so betrayed. Like many others I sat in on the AMAs where they talked about not indulging exclusivity, and I remember the tone of voice being very pitched as we were delivered the line, "We don't want to make the game exclusive to only one place, but we also haven't ruled out working with Epic. They're offering a lot of scope to developers right now." The preorder was still going on at this time, and in hindsight it looks like that was deliberately a misleading answer.

The betrayal continues though when you consider what participating in business practices like this means. Epic Games is attempting to monopolize every AAA title for at least one whole year of time to gut their competition. Its beyond the spirit of competition and its certainly not helping the gaming industry. To capitalize on the opportunity that Epic is providing is to be part of that practice in gutting consumer choice in delivery platform. Beyond that, it also feels like the preorder had an end date and such a major push so we all could be sold as a commodity to Epic Games. "Hey, check this out, here's X amount of people who will HAVE to use you, already lined up! Even if some of them refund, which we don't think they will, you'll get them again with direct fees when they want to play with their friends in this first ever coop campaign game, especially since we're slowly tanking its main competitor, our multiplayer only game, by taking away developers from it. Its end of life anyway, and we can justify focusing our resources on this game you are buying from us." Now it may not have been anything like that at all, but I feel like I was end-stage capitalism sold to the highest bidder with zero rights whatsoever. Your FAQ doesn't have any information whatsoever about if our preorder information was given to EPIC yet, and since they have a history of data privacy issues, this is a massive concern.

So overall as a developer you have breached my (our) trust and its extremely concerning. I am really really having a hard time justifying keeping my money in the game, and as someone who is disabled without income, decisions like these have massive impact on my life. You've really hurt me with this, and I'm not sure I really trust you to fix it.

#271 Dank R Hill

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:13 PM

View PostZed Cassel, on 25 July 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

Its very frustrating to find myself so torn and feeling so betrayed. Like many others I sat in on the AMAs where they talked about not indulging exclusivity, and I remember the tone of voice being very pitched as we were delivered the line, "We don't want to make the game exclusive to only one place, but we also haven't ruled out working with Epic. They're offering a lot of scope to developers right now." The preorder was still going on at this time, and in hindsight it looks like that was deliberately a misleading answer.

The betrayal continues though when you consider what participating in business practices like this means. Epic Games is attempting to monopolize every AAA title for at least one whole year of time to gut their competition. Its beyond the spirit of competition and its certainly not helping the gaming industry. To capitalize on the opportunity that Epic is providing is to be part of that practice in gutting consumer choice in delivery platform. Beyond that, it also feels like the preorder had an end date and such a major push so we all could be sold as a commodity to Epic Games. "Hey, check this out, here's X amount of people who will HAVE to use you, already lined up! Even if some of them refund, which we don't think they will, you'll get them again with direct fees when they want to play with their friends in this first ever coop campaign game, especially since we're slowly tanking its main competitor, our multiplayer only game, by taking away developers from it. Its end of life anyway, and we can justify focusing our resources on this game you are buying from us." Now it may not have been anything like that at all, but I feel like I was end-stage capitalism sold to the highest bidder with zero rights whatsoever. Your FAQ doesn't have any information whatsoever about if our preorder information was given to EPIC yet, and since they have a history of data privacy issues, this is a massive concern.

So overall as a developer you have breached my (our) trust and its extremely concerning. I am really really having a hard time justifying keeping my money in the game, and as someone who is disabled without income, decisions like these have massive impact on my life. You've really hurt me with this, and I'm not sure I really trust you to fix it.

THIS^
to the few who are unaware of why/what makes Epic very unpopular/hated.

Edited by Dank R Hill, 25 July 2019 - 03:16 PM.

#272 Ryanlegend

• Pip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:14 PM

pgi why you release mw5 on december 10 when their is economic collaspe coming for you and too you will have to reconsider not releasing it on december most of us want the game release now man :)

#273 TheBossOfYou

• PipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:20 PM

I understand PGI needed money. But FFS, Epic is anti-consumer. They seriously hate us. That's why they go straight to the devs and offer them bribes.

#274 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:21 PM

- It's really strange to see complaining about game only in Epic Store, while game based on Unreal Engine 4 from Epic. Great game engine, with much power to make game cool, fast and really flexible - not a surprise that game on it first come to gamers in Epic store and than on other platforms. Logical from position of developers of that great engine. And, now complaining about it while still being fan of Mech Warrior setting and world? Soon we get another great game like MWO! And maybe MWO will change old engine to new one and get some cool updates and mechanics tuneup,

#275 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:22 PM

https://youtu.be/OGp9P6QvMjY

#276 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:26 PM

View PostTiantara, on 25 July 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

- It's really strange to see complaining about game only in Epic Store, while game based on Unreal Engine 4 from Epic. Great game engine, with much power to make game cool, fast and really flexible - not a surprise that game on it first come to gamers in Epic store and than on other platforms. Logical from position of developers of that great engine. And, now complaining about it while still being fan of Mech Warrior setting and world? Soon we get another great game like MWO! And maybe MWO will change old engine to new one and get some cool updates and mechanics tuneup,

This is one of the most clueless posts I've read in awhile. Thanks for that, I needed that reminder on the quality of thought that goes on in the MWO community.

#277 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:32 PM

Well, it seems you can not "bank" the pre order until it is released on GoG or Steam, so i refund and wait for a GoG release...

#278 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:32 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 25 July 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

This is one of the most clueless posts I've read in awhile. Thanks for that, I needed that reminder on the quality of thought that goes on in the MWO community.

- Emmm... something wrong?

#279 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:35 PM

Well I was just looking for some extra cash to pay the vet bills anyway I guess.

#280 Livestick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:36 PM

View PostRampageReborn, on 25 July 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

I doubt anyone can sue since they're allowing full refunds plus you get to keep all the MWO bonus.

That's irrelevant. They sold us Steam keys. They're legally obligated to provide them unless something happens to make it impossible for them to do so. It's still possible, they're just taking Epic's money to not do it. We absolutely have a case here. And we should pursue it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users