#821 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 28 July 2019 - 11:45 PM

View PostNean, on 28 July 2019 - 10:07 PM, said:

It's a good un. The devs occasionally hop on as well. One thing you should know: people don't like legging

It is a Crysis mod, a well done mod with a dedicated team of developers, but they do not have the MW licence and could get shut down at any time.

#822 Jadefalke

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 28 July 2019 - 11:48 PM

Worst move ever.Posted Image
So no money for MW5 from my side.

THX Piranha Games and good bye.

#823 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 519 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 11:54 PM

If you want to play a realistic first person shooter with mechs from the Battletech universe, there is no alternative to MWO.
If you just want to sit in a giant robot and shoot stuff, there are plenty of games out there.

MW:LL, tried it a few weeks ago ... and no thanks.

BTW it´s 1am now at PGI headquarters. Just a few more hours till some poor people from support have to go through thousands of refund emails. May the coffee be with you.

#824 Aza1979

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 855 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 July 2019 - 12:47 AM

I really wanna know where all those claims of "thousands of refund mails" and "losing 50% player base" come from. Even if you cannot trust the AMA claiming 700 refunds requested a few days ago, just because Russ said it (btw, that will be the most deadly cycle PGI will suffer from, the lies after lies!), I don't think 50% player loss will be a match.

Said without judging the EGS deal.

#825 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:12 AM

Downloading MW:LL atm. Lets see how it works.

Screw you PGI

#826 TheRealTommo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 145 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:50 AM

Epic fail Posted Image

#827 Wolfgang Grenzstein

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:58 AM

Tried to cancel my pre order today as well, have low hopes to receive it though.

F

#828 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:18 AM

View PostMykor, on 28 July 2019 - 09:33 PM, said:

Just saw a few post back someone mentioning something about game called MW:LL ... honestly first time I heard of it and decided to look it up ...

https://youtu.be/0wPq8fugh0I

MechWarrior:Living Legends 2019 gameplay. Using Crysis engine I think. Did the quick wiki lookup on it. If MWO goes way of the Dodo bird well at least it’s an option to get my mech fix on ... I guess lol.

Yeah, I play Living Legends, and it's a great alternative, completely run and updated by volunteers. The game is necessarily a bit rougher around the edges than MWO and has some bugs, and is a completely different play experience, but it in many ways feels more realistic. Each match lasts an hour, and everybody starts with either battle armor or light mechs, and during the course of the match, you upgrade based on the C-Bills you earn during combat. It also has tanks, vehicles, and aerospace fighters you can drive or pilot. However, all the mechs (a pretty good selection of post-3058 Clan and IS) and their variants are stock and there is no way to customize or individualize outside of some set "paint" camo patterns. Still, it has a lot of potential despite being older than MWO itself. It's what MWO could have been in terms of combat.

Here's some background on Living Legends (Fast Forward to the 15:12 mark for MWLL story and how PGI buried that rival game):

Gameplay with Tex of the Black Pants Legion:

How to Guides:

How to get better mechs during matches:

Map Key:

Posted Image

Edited by Joshua McEvedy, 29 July 2019 - 03:25 AM.

#829 Znozoic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 134 posts
  • Locationin the *** of the world, literally (argentina)

Posted 29 July 2019 - 03:39 AM

I do not want to miss the opportunity to be in the most salty post of the entire MWO universe, kisses to all!

#830 silberfuchs

• Pip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 03:52 AM

I don't get on here to post much, but I did request my refund as well. I get PGI's stance from a business perspective, but alienating your niche player base with Epic poor anti-consumer model is not how you go about it.

Really surprised/not surprised that PGI hasn't sent out an email about the exclusivity while also posing a deadline to players. I'm sure most who preordered saw the AMA or the post, but an email communique seems the most basic thing they could do.

#831 Coffeeghoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 04:46 AM

Indeed. Not everyone checks out the homepage, discord, AMA and so on. Some will maybe simply miss the deadline because, they were not actively informed. Shame.

#832 Sim Russ

Rookie

• The Marauder
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 04:48 AM

Serious question:

I preorderd with a paysafe-card. If i refund my preorder, how will i get it back?

#833 Sardauker Legion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 152 posts
  • LocationDropship Litany of Fury, Draconis Combinate, covert ops

Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:07 AM

I'm old enough to have played the first Mechwarrior in MS-DOS.
I played them all.
I really wanted to play MW5 this winter.
Looks like i have to play other games.
Maybe some "Total War" or "Warhammer 40k" game.

#834 Coffeeghoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:07 AM

View PostSim Russ, on 29 July 2019 - 04:48 AM, said:

Serious question:

I preorderd with a paysafe-card. If i refund my preorder, how will i get it back?

I guess, you need a paypal account to get your money.

#835 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,380 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:41 AM

View PostCoffeeghoul, on 29 July 2019 - 05:07 AM, said:

I payed with Paysafe a few times too, there should be a Website from them, your specific ticket number is there tracked with the value it represents.
I dont know how refunds work, maybe the value on your specific ticket number is readded but you should talk to the support of MWO and Paysafe.

Yet if PGI insists only to refund to PayPal accounts i dont know how the law is about that - it is hard to imagine you can be forced to open an account on a service you never considered using but maybe they can?

Personally i have PayPal and i am so far happy with it.
All my GoG and Steam purchases as well as many other online purchases run over it.
Keeps your Bank and CC Data away from ureliable businesses.

Edited by Thorqemada, 29 July 2019 - 05:41 AM.

#836 Sgt Hoax

Rookie

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSol system, Terra Nova, Australia

Posted 29 July 2019 - 06:17 AM

View Postsilberfuchs, on 29 July 2019 - 03:52 AM, said:

I don't get on here to post much, but I did request my refund as well. I get PGI's stance from a business perspective, but alienating your niche player base with Epic poor anti-consumer model is not how you go about it.

Really surprised/not surprised that PGI hasn't sent out an email about the exclusivity while also posing a deadline to players. I'm sure most who preordered saw the AMA or the post, but an email communique seems the most basic thing they could do.

I pre-ordered and I only found out about it from a youtube video and was rather shocked to find out about it at that. The tin foil hat in my wonders if that lack of email/notice isn't deliberate, that maybe someone at PGI is quietly hoping that this would all just go unnoticed to most by the silent majority.

For me, I was never all that into the pvp aspects of battletech video games. It was the stories that drew me into this universe, and thus the pve I was seeking. I was so happy when I found out that MW5 was actually being made. Now that excitement is destroyed. Perhaps it is simply time to accept that this is a dead IP, and that I'll never get another mechwarrior game as good as MW3.

#837 Krucilatoz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 06:21 AM

View PostCoffeeghoul, on 29 July 2019 - 05:07 AM, said:

Really??

I paid the pre-order using Visa debit-card, why i need to open paypal account then...

#838 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 519 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 06:50 AM

Just my 2 cents on the future of MWO.
Russ will shut the servers down in June 2020, cause the player base will be too low.
If you think MW5, even if it will be a success, would bring new players to MWO, you are delusional.
Nobody new to Battletech and Mechwarrior, migrating from MW5, where there is no ghost heat, no skill tree, no quirks, no Clan tech, totally different damage and heat values for the weapons and totally different heat management for the mechs, will play more than 2 games in MWO before uninstalling it again.

Posted Image

#839 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 06:50 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 29 July 2019 - 05:41 AM, said:

Yet if PGI insists only to refund to PayPal accounts i dont know how the law is about that - it is hard to imagine you can be forced to open an account on a service you never considered using but maybe they can?

I know people who are on active duty. They reside in other countries, yet have American bank accounts. PayPal doesn't let you open an account when your home address isn't in the same country as your bank (from what they've explained to me). This means that if PGI is only willing to refund via PayPal, then they have a lawsuit coming down the line. Not only would it be a lawsuit, but they would be screwing over active duty personnel... That's not the type of PR any company wants, let alone this one.

#840 Aza1979

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 855 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 July 2019 - 06:55 AM

View PostKrucilatoz, on 29 July 2019 - 06:21 AM, said:

Really??

I paid the pre-order using Visa debit-card, why i need to open paypal account then...

Because easy workflow not consuming much time. Paypal refunds are sent to your email, and that's it. Other methods require a lot of numbers from cards or accounts, which in sum of all refunds would encourage human errors and failing transactions resulting in even more costs for someone.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users