Mechwarrior 5 Release Date & Epic Games Store Exclusivity

1380 replies to this topic

#841 Ender21

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 07:00 AM

PGI should use some of that free money to bribe people into keeping pre-orders. The vast majority of pre-orders are likely MWO players.
Give us some more content/mechs with you bags of cash

#842 Coffeeghoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 07:12 AM

View PostKrucilatoz, on 29 July 2019 - 06:21 AM, said:

Really??

I paid the pre-order using Visa debit-card, why i need to open paypal account then...

I read something about this in the FAQ or somewhere else. Contact support..

#843 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 29 July 2019 - 07:14 AM

View PostSgt Hoax, on 29 July 2019 - 06:17 AM, said:

The tin foil hat in my wonders if that lack of email/notice isn't deliberate, that maybe someone at PGI is quietly hoping that this would all just go unnoticed to most by the silent majority.

That was the plan, i think. If some unknown hero at the web team didn't "screw up", we'd get the news in August. Three-four months later than deal was signed, and who knows how later than deal was planned.

Personally, this array of dirty tricks PGI tried to pull, disappointed me much more than epic exclusivity.
Guess PGI are no longer capable even of minimum viable decency.

#844 Theodore Kurita

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGermany, Hannover

Posted 29 July 2019 - 07:17 AM

To all the old warriors out there:
There is one way to honor the game.
A way, much older as Mechwarrior 1 on PC! Older than MWO!
Play it real!

You could use this way:
https://www.kickstar...term=battletech

And to PGI: "You, you could use my Garden!"

For the honor! For the Dragon!

#845 Rojar Paren

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts
  • Locationin the cockpit of the assault Mech that is bearing down on you.

Posted 29 July 2019 - 07:19 AM

I wonder if the Mighty Jingles has something to say he usually LOVES things like this.

#846 ttsolo

• Pip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 07:58 AM

Has PGI answered anything to this s**t storm ?

#847 Venturestein

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:00 AM

Who the **** cares what game store it launches on. I mean I get they said it was going to be a STEAM game but **** Steamstore is **** just like the rest. Everyone does their own launchers now. What the **** did you expect. Glad they are offering you dopes refunds. Take your money and STFU or keep your money and play the game. I have to say this community is getting more toxic every month that goes by. Good riddance to the lot of you.

EDIT

PS God forbid PGI does something to make money. Steam have been treating devs like **** for years because they were it for PC releases that wanted an audience.

Edited by Stahlkoenig, 29 July 2019 - 08:39 AM.

#848 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:02 AM

View PostStahlkoenig, on 29 July 2019 - 08:00 AM, said:

Who the **** cares what game store it launches on. I mean I get they said it was going to be a STEAM game but **** Steamstore is **** just like the rest. Everyone does their own launchers now. What the **** did you expect. Glad they are offering you dopes refunds. Take your money and STFU or keep your money and play the game. I have to say this community is getting more toxic every month that goes by. Good riddance to the lot of you.

YOU talk about toxicity?

Read your own post again dude...

#849 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:03 AM

View Postttsolo, on 29 July 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:

Has PGI answered anything to this s**t storm ?
According to SidAlpha, Russ has been blocking people on Twitter. I think it does count as a response... of sorts.

#850 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:11 AM

I feel used like a drunken girl on a nudist party

#851 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:12 AM

View PostHorseman, on 29 July 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

According to SidAlpha, Russ has been blocking people on Twitter. I think it does count as a response... of sorts.

Yea, blocking people like SidAlpha while he is trying to do an honest investigation is the quickest way to find yourself on The Quartering or YongYea. Does Russ understand the internet? Hell, does he understand the gaming industry at all? I know he said that he has 20 years of experience, but what kind of experience would that be? Is it the crappy, misinformed kind?

#852 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:24 AM

- Well... what about thinking aside EGS and all that and imagine that scenario - MW5 are good. Good not only because of MECH in it and less alternatives based on mech also. Good because of pretty optimized engine which use more GPU, not CPU like now. More advanced, more flexible, better for additional updates, innovation and changes. All that need finances to do. Time, finances and stabile consolidation with owners of game engine as well. What in the future? Possible multiplayer. Porting MWO to MW5 engine with all possibilities which it gives. Not only advanced damage calculation and nice gfx. But also better animation, possibility to change UI and make better control. Chance to add all changes which everyone wait in MWO after all that was tested, polished and improved in MW5.
Not a fresh blood like bringing players to MWO, but making new base for MWO to bring back all who still love it and wait for changes for years.
It's really easy say "meh" and go away. But really strange to hear it from those who for decades love battletech and MechWarrior. Really? Love game with nearly no alternatives just when changes come say "no" and go away? Do you really love MW as mach as you say?
When MWO come - that was happiest day ever since MW3. Even when it was really hardcore to play and have less mech. I really believe that with MW5 we soon get new MWO on same engine and get everything what we dream about like:
1 - stories in faction play with battle scenario, capturing or destroying key structures to gain access to defense weapon.
2 - really smart AI with some small mech or vehicles on both side, maybe with mobile repair bay in same faction play.
3 - more variables of tactics, where each mech can play own role (and small mech gain xp from scouting and info more than from damaging big-daddies).
And so on what you can imagine remembering MC and MW3.

#853 LILToaster

Rookie

• Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:30 AM

Wow 44 pages of disgust. I love the battle tech universe, but will be waiting to purchase MW5 until it either gets godly reviews or is released without an in between party.

#854 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:30 AM

View PostTiantara, on 29 July 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

snip

Tia, its not about the game itself.
Its about everything else.

#855 Gloris

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:36 AM

Who needs a happy community when you can sellout for a quick Fortnite-Bucks from our beloved customer friendly Epic overlords.

But guess since you'r making lots of money from that deal you won't need my money, so it's a win-win , i get to keep my money and you get some recognition from a big company you never got for your slow murder of MWO.

#856 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:43 AM

I was on the fence about getting MW5 because PGI and their track record (Remember their Star Citizen ripoff where they made weapons a pledge level?).

Just came here to log in and laugh about this, my first log in in over a year. Way to burn your customers yet again, PGI.

#857 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:54 AM

View PostAlienized, on 29 July 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

Tia, its not about the game itself.
Its about everything else.

- Yeap, and that really frustrating. Everyone kick everything else, but in result - kick game. Take one brick after another from substructure of MW itself. More of that - damaging already working and still alive MWO (in comparison with many others project which die already years ago). Ok, someone have all right to hate EGS (in same time I often meet security issues which not allowing use steam on machines with high security content at all, that make any games looks as potential risks, no matter which platform you use). But right now all hate about EGS, do damage not to EGS, but PGI and MW5 with MWO.
And really play against any freshblood coming here to fulfill players community.
I really understand all who pay for steam key and meet requirements to wait year and pay again to play in steam. Especially if they never play game when it provided by EGS. But that mustn't affect MW5.
Or in conclusion we not only lost MW5 as ripped from community project with possibly more casual game-play, but also have risks don't get MWO on same engine and possible get closing MWo as not profitable. Is this really what everyone true fans of MW want?
Looks like "We so hate decision which can boost company who make our loved game, that ready to lost game forever and sit without MW games for next 20 years" Really?

#858 JUGMAN

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:04 AM

View PostTiantara, on 29 July 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

- Yeap, and that really frustrating. Everyone kick everything else, but in result - kick game. Take one brick after another from substructure of MW itself. More of that - damaging already working and still alive MWO (in comparison with many others project which die already years ago). Ok, someone have all right to hate EGS (in same time I often meet security issues which not allowing use steam on machines with high security content at all, that make any games looks as potential risks, no matter which platform you use). But right now all hate about EGS, do damage not to EGS, but PGI and MW5 with MWO.
And really play against any freshblood coming here to fulfill players community.
I really understand all who pay for steam key and meet requirements to wait year and pay again to play in steam. Especially if they never play game when it provided by EGS. But that mustn't affect MW5.
Or in conclusion we not only lost MW5 as ripped from community project with possibly more casual game-play, but also have risks don't get MWO on same engine and possible get closing MWo as not profitable. Is this really what everyone true fans of MW want?
Looks like "We so hate decision which can boost company who make our loved game, that ready to lost game forever and sit without MW games for next 20 years" Really?

Its not all about going to Epic. It is all the broken promises to "fix" or to make good on issues from years in the past. It is about the FU type conversations Russ has with his customers. Customers that have been loyal to the game PGI and gaming itself. I have tried to be supportive by being a founder, buying countless mech packs and always being at the front of the band wagon. I am tired of being misled and trying to explain away the misinformation that Russ and PGI spew. It is a real shame as this game could be more than it is. I was hoping that MW5 would be that game but I see that the normal PGI propaganda is the same and will not change. Russ you will make some good money and then defecate on the whole brand. IT is a real shame.

#859 JUGMAN

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:09 AM

View Postjlbdeath, on 28 July 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

i just went through 8 pages of responses to this thread . NOT ONE REPLY BY Russ or any dev. we all know that the push back is to handshake with Epic we know you did this to save the company (short term) you just lost 90% of your hard core mechwarriors(aka your customers) . and you lost 50% of your preorders . did you or did you not talk to any gamers to see what would happen? did you do (like I did) a google search on epic ? did you know they are in a heart shape red velvet laced bed with china hackers? did you? did you?...... infinite ? I believe you may get law suits from people who spent money on a steam key . we paid for services promised in good faith.

Wow I could not have said it better. Ditto everything here.

#860 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:21 AM

I am disappointed in this. I am asking for a refund because if the game ends up being any good I will just purchase it in a year to avoid using Epic.

I also found the FAQ less informative that desired. You would thing you could read FAQ #1 on this and get a refund. But that just states you can do a chargeback, but it may result in your MWO account being locked.
Then it is not until FAQ #5 that they provide an email to get a refund. And that FAQ is about what to do if you redeemed your bonus content.
Then FAQ #8 (the last one) states don't do chargebacks, and if you did contact this support email to unlock your account.

I just emailed because I read every FAQ on this whether it applied to me or not. But I would be ticked off if I did a chargeback and may account in MWO got locked out.
Maybe it is just me, but that entire FAQ was just sub par. Maybe they didn't think anyone would want a refund?

Not sure what to think about this either, as I want PGI to succeed because I love the BattleTech Universe. I have spend money trying to support them in the past, but I am not sure I can do that any longer. I haven't even played MWO in a year other than maybe a single match here or there. And I have not spend any money on this product in years (at least prior to the MW5M pre order).

Could this be the end for them? Possibly with BattleTech by HBS/Paradox doing so well and with Catalyst seeming to have a renewed interest in the table top version. Add in the fact that MWLL is available again, I don't see old BattleTech Fans sticking around.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users