#141 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:54 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 13 September 2019 - 08:01 AM, said:

Getting the client to pay...yah those a-holes that have the nervs to ask if you work for the same amount as an intern or student AKA nothing/free?

Hah! Back in the day, one of those clients asked if I can do extra work off-hours. Then they found out how much I charge for asking me to work during my free time.

It cost them a pretty penny, let me just put it at that. Posted Image

#142 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:51 PM

I lost contracts because I was "to expansive" compared to students and one went so far to say "I prefer it cheap and bad before I pay extra for good work."

#143 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:45 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 13 September 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

I lost contracts because I was "to expansive" compared to students and one went so far to say "I prefer it cheap and bad before I pay extra for good work."

Wow! Just wow! Some people. <smh>

#144 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 December 2019 - 02:12 AM

View PostHorseman, on 26 July 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

View PostMischiefSC, on 26 July 2019 - 07:08 AM, said:

In the AMA Russ said once the games downloaded through EPIC you could just launch it via executable.
By the time you can verify it as true it will be too late to refund.

Called it.

View PostKifter, on 10 December 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

I've purchased through the Epic Store which will not allow the game to be launched through the MechWarrior.exe or MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe file - 'Could not verify production ownership. Please ensure you launch the game through Epic Games Launcher and have a working internet connection.'

#145 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:13 AM

Interesting I can launch the game via EXE.

Edited by Nesutizale, 16 December 2019 - 08:13 AM.

#146 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:34 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 16 December 2019 - 08:13 AM, said:

Interesting I can launch the game via EXE.

qft

#147 Karkomak

Rookie

• The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 06:47 AM

A late update. I created my EPIC account on 12/10/2019. it is now 3/20/2020. I cant log in due to EPIC launcher issue. I write EPIC 3 times a day every day for 102 days. EPIC techs are useless. I purchased MechWarrior 5 from PGI. I am pretty sure I have lost my $50.

#148 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:48 PM

What issue exactly? I've had zero, but I know of some others that could be resolved.

#149 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 16 May 2020 - 07:46 AM

View PostGeorgegad, on 13 May 2020 - 05:42 PM, said:

[Redacted]

Or just pick up a FREE copy of GTA V. Just got to sign -up for Epic in the process.

#150 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 03:26 AM

I wont say i hate it but Epic,s free game giveaways is a pretty sleazy tactic to try and kill Steam.

#151 SaintKill3r

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 10:57 PM

My dislike of EPIC stems from the fact that I can not install their idiotic Launcher. Just will not load under any circumstance.
I went through their "Support system" to find out why. No luck.
I would truly like to but MechWarrior 5, but this is not to be.
So...Screw Epic!

#152 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 12 July 2020 - 11:21 AM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 03 July 2020 - 03:26 AM, said:

I wont say i hate it but Epic,s free game giveaways is a pretty sleazy tactic to try and kill Steam.

It's certainly an undercut. But it's not like Steam haven't amassed the wealth to do the same. They just choose not to.

#153 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 08 August 2020 - 01:46 PM

Weird. I hate Steam but don't hate Epic. Granted, I've never tried to get multiplayer working through Epic's store, so that could be part of it.

~Leone.

#154 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 04:08 AM

MW5 mercs.. sure, it only got me to try this again, but it is single player with 'x' amount of fun. Once in a while EPIC gives me something I will play.
Steam - no longer selling the controller designed to fail after a year and a day. I fondly recall buying keys in TF2 only to have TF2 then not work for 3 months.
Gamers boycotting something? Doubtful, just a lot of wind and chest thumping.
I did boycott Star Control 'Origins' until they settled out of court, but it's not like they were suffering because of it.
Origins - well if you play spore...
Battlenet ... well if you play diablo (waiting on IV)

#155 Yoho

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 11:22 PM

They started badly, that's the main reason for all the hate. The first thing we ever heard of EGS was: we own this title you were waiting for as our exclusive title, if you want to see it ever, now here are our terms. If they started with free giveaways and platform-exclusive _discounts_ from the very beginning, it could be a different story. ([edit] platform-exclusive discounts instead of taking away a whole title, like they do now with horizon zero dawn)

Also, the lack of in-platform game reviews come as an unpleasant surprise after you experienced Steam. At least there was none when I last checked.

Edited by Yoho, 10 August 2020 - 11:24 PM.

#156 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 August 2020 - 04:19 AM

View PostYoho, on 10 August 2020 - 11:22 PM, said:

They started badly, that's the main reason for all the hate. The first thing we ever heard of EGS was: we own this title you were waiting for as our exclusive title, if you want to see it ever, now here are our terms. If they started with free giveaways and platform-exclusive _discounts_ from the very beginning, it could be a different story. ([edit] platform-exclusive discounts instead of taking away a whole title, like they do now with horizon zero dawn)

Also, the lack of in-platform game reviews come as an unpleasant surprise after you experienced Steam. At least there was none when I last checked.

It was a combination of that and the platform launching in an extremely poor technical state - even missing such basic security features as e-mail verification, so you had users who registered with a typo'ed e-mail and lost their account (with purchases, no less) as a result.

#157 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 11 August 2020 - 04:50 AM

I would like Epic if they didn't hold games like MW5 and Chivalry 2 hostage for a year of exclusivity, and the fact that the platform is more unstable than Steam. I personally want more competition for Steam, because it's devolving into a giant bloated mess that is giving it's customers the middle finger as time goes on (horrible updates to the UI forcing features that nobody wanted or asked for, sales are not becoming cheaper because of Steam's monopoly, Steam screwing over devs by taking more than their cut just so that they could use their platform, etc.)

I honestly wish more competitors for Steam would pop up because I would have no issues transferring to a new platform, despite all of the money that I've spent on digital licenses from Steam over the years.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 11 August 2020 - 04:50 AM.

#158 Jagergrenadiere

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 03:44 PM

Still can't sign into MW5...$120 and a year later Posted Image

So overall...completely useless.

I won't ever buy anything attached to them again. EVER!

Edited by Jagergrenadiere, 18 August 2020 - 03:45 PM.

#159 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 09:16 PM

What was your issue, again?

#160 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 August 2020 - 03:39 PM

Greetings all,

Just a note here, (yes, I know it's basic info, But.)

Are the users that can't even launch the game right clicking on the Epic launch icon,
selecting properties,
then the tab compatibility,
then "change setting for all users" selection and
at the bottom of the next window checking under "privilege level", checking the box to "run this program as an Administrator".

As a normal user you may not have the rights to update/change some aspects of the Epic launch checks.

Just a note here.
Run Cool and Aim True
9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 30 August 2020 - 03:39 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users