****** eh.

#23 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:39 AM

It says Accumulate 500 Match Score, you don't need to do it in 1 match.

#24 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 539 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 02:31 AM

But getting the matchscore in FP is much harder and takes alot more time.

Anyway thanks for the Event :)

Edited by Paul Meyers DEST, 02 August 2019 - 02:32 AM.

#25 Fae Puka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 04:25 AM

View PostTesunie, on 01 August 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

Did you forget to mention with full refunds while letting people keep their preorder MW:O content?

I don't know about you, and I may not like their decision, but at least they are letting us refund if we don't like it without having to give up pre-order stuff gifted for MW:O or out right denying "a portion" of the refund because of it.

I'll give them credit where it's due, the exclusivity change to Epic may not be popular (nor what was promised), but at least they are letting people back out if they want.

Actually, under contract they are required to compensate you for breaking the initial contract (pre-order) so they are not being kind or helpful, merely avoiding further legal action.

#26 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 04:26 AM

Could we leave the anti-Epic thing to the Epic exclusivity News thread? It's right here in case you can't locate it: https://mwomercs.com...re-exclusivity/

View PostPain G0D, on 02 August 2019 - 01:17 AM, said:

A whole 10 GSP ? It feels like chrismas man . Posted Image

Thanks for the awesome event

Event adds up to 40 GSP, 4m cbills, 700 MC and 4 cockpit items. The 40 GSP itself would "cost" a fair bit if you use in-game metrics: 32k XP, 640 MC to convert the XP to GXP, then 3.2m cbills to buy SP using the GXP. Not the best event in terms of giveaways but one of the more generous ones.

Edited by arcana75, 02 August 2019 - 04:27 AM.

#27 GrimmigerPetz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 02 August 2019 - 05:47 AM

Nice event. Looking forward to it. See u on the battlefield...

#28 The Man with the Plan

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 07:46 AM

Ahoy you seadogs, thar parrot warhorn be mighty good booty!

I think I am going to make a pirates of the Caribbean themed mech Posted Image

#29 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:01 AM

I like that it is an event that is just stuff like damage and match score and not with specific weapons. Allows me to play what I want instead of feeling like I need to play specific mechs. Thanks!

#30 Lungfish601

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:23 AM

Yay!
I'm in. Don't need much of an excuse to blow up big stompy mechs, shame its tarts Saturday, so my Friday night fix won't count, but ho hum. Thanks Matt.
Practice time Posted Image

#31 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:40 AM

View PostMummyPig, on 02 August 2019 - 04:25 AM, said:

Actually, under contract they are required to compensate you for breaking the initial contract (pre-order) so they are not being kind or helpful, merely avoiding further legal action.

From my understanding, there are several other ways they could have done this. They could have said:
1. You must do a full refund, including all material that was part of the MW5 preorder, including reimbursement for MW:O content (such as the Marauder II and cockpit items).
2. You can request only a partial refund from your MW5 preorder, as compensation for the MW:O portion of items. This could have been easily half of the total withheld from your refund. Consider that the MW:O content basically was the same value as the MW5 preorder in most cases, if not more value...
3. If they really wanted to be sleezy, they could have even claimed no refunds optional considering the value of the MW:O content given with every pack, claiming that the packs where MW:O content with an "added MW5 preorder attached". Legality situation unclear, but the "claim" could have been argued...
4. No refunds offered as "it will be available on other platforms within a year", which could still be argued as "upholding the agreement". "You'll get it sometime on Steam..."

There are worse ways they could have gone about this. They could have forced us to sue them for the refunds even. Instead, they decided to go with full refunds of the MW5 preorder, keeping all MW:O offers from it (which often equaled or exceeded the MW5 preorder value on it's own) and you'd only lose your MW5 preorder goodies. I think, considering the situation, they choose a reasonable route with the best "please, forgive us" tone.

The move to Epic may not be popular, but as a business I can understand their decision (instant profit from the game). To me, I'm upset at the change from Steam to Epic, but I've decided to keep the game anyway because in the end it's not that important to me. Anyone who disagrees have full rights to, and if they want a refund, PGI is offering a "you don't have to fight us to get it" refund. It's a refund WITH bonuses essentially. (I also don't know about any other MW5 preorder people, but I've enjoyed my Marauder II I got from the preorder. PGI has full rights to take it away from my account, in my opinion, if I withdrew from my preorder, but instead I get to keep it.)

I am inclined now to agree with other posters about leaving MW5 grumblings out of the MW:O event thread. Lets talk about the event, rather than something not exactly relevant to it.

#32 Father Bill

• PipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 37 posts
  • LocationWherever the Fox needs me

Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:40 AM

Thanks for increasing the GSP award to 10!

#33 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:21 AM

Is GSP the same as GXP?

#34 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:36 AM

View PostEurystheus, on 02 August 2019 - 09:21 AM, said:

Is GSP the same as GXP?

Very similar. It's like GXP that's already been converted into a skill point. So, it's a free skill point (no c-bill cost) that can be granted to any mech (much like how you would use GXP).

#35 Think Tank

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:41 AM

Y u no sale?

I haz a sad now. :(

#36 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:37 PM

View PostThink Tank, on 02 August 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

Y u no sale?

I haz a sad now. Posted Image

And there's your sale.

#37 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:45 PM

View PostTesunie, on 02 August 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

- Nice I add some new mech with different builds. Just nice. Waiting till event starts.

#38 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:55 PM

with certain people playing (that cant play for sh*ts) and reporting you like crazy because you are honest to them it will be hard to even not get banned.
UhHuH Dun tEll me im baD BEcauSe i RepoRt U And StaY Sh+Te COZ i DoNt wanT TO imProVe EvEr!!11einself.
^
|
reason why i prolly get a ban, just like many others.
face it, it aint fun to play with too many ppl because they have no intention to learn anything bout the game.
sadly, you cant do anything to change, not even rant or tell em.

StoP BeEinG a ToXIc d00d ! as soon as the truth is counted as beein toxic we need to rethink some sh+t thats goin on.

edit: i know im an a$$ but at least i dont suck all the time

Edited by Alienized, 02 August 2019 - 01:58 PM.

#39 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 02:31 PM

View PostAlienized, on 02 August 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

with certain people playing (that cant play for sh*ts) and reporting you like crazy because you are honest to them it will be hard to even not get banned.
UhHuH Dun tEll me im baD BEcauSe i RepoRt U And StaY Sh+Te COZ i DoNt wanT TO imProVe EvEr!!11einself.
^
|
reason why i prolly get a ban, just like many others.
face it, it aint fun to play with too many ppl because they have no intention to learn anything bout the game.
sadly, you cant do anything to change, not even rant or tell em.

StoP BeEinG a ToXIc d00d ! as soon as the truth is counted as beein toxic we need to rethink some sh+t thats goin on.

edit: i know im an a$$ but at least i dont suck all the time

Umm ... what?

#40 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 August 2019 - 02:34 PM

View PostEurystheus, on 02 August 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

Umm ... what?

fact is, you gotta deal with bad players all time. if you try to tell them something they can improve they go full idiot.
doesnt matter how you tell them too.

too many times it happens (and it did earlier) which is massively frustrating to see players failing to do simple things over and over and over.

if something fails permanently and you dont change anything then you need to get called out or seek for advice yourself but instead they just ruin all the battles they are in.

(hoorah for PSR!)

Edited by Alienized, 02 August 2019 - 02:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users